Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Large Art

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Procrastinator Posted: 13:19 Jul26 2010 Post ID: 2874796
Procrastinator
Post Likes: 0
+
In a sense.

Just out of Reach
Essentially, just playing around with lighting and editing focals that are too small. Inspired by recent stormy weather in Arizona. Wish it would rain, though.

City "Somewhere"
A wallpaper made for someone. It doesn't fit her resolution, due to misinformation. Most likely inspired by looking more into Bioshock.

That's about it, I believe.

« Last edited by Procrastinator on Jul 26th 2010 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
peanut butter ownage Posted: 14:49 Jul26 2010 Post ID: 2874824
peanut butter ownage
Friendly Neigborhood PBO!
Post Likes: 2
+
They're both really good.

The only thing wrong with the first one is that purple orb in the upper-right region.

The only thing I would fix in the second one is making the city more prominent and the random lighting on the jellyfish/surface needs to be blended.

Also, you live in AZ?

FINALLY I HAVE SOMEONE THAT LIVES IN MY STATE!

And, I know, that stormy weather was nice, I was recently up North, near Flagstaff.

Procrastinator Posted: 15:51 Jul26 2010 Post ID: 2874846
Procrastinator
+
Ora! Another desert dweller! ^_^

And, deleting random purple spot now.

City is background, and underwater, so blurry it shall stay.
Craizen Posted: 19:40 Jul26 2010 Post ID: 2874941
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Reminds to work on my LA.

They're great Proc, however, the first one gets a bit sky chaotic
sharingansasuke Posted: 01:06 Jul27 2010 Post ID: 2875067
sharingansasuk
e
+
Sorry to say I am not the biggest fan of the first one... I don't think that the shading on the hand corresponds with where your light source is. Hold your hand at the same angle to a single light light source to see what I mean. I am not really sure what to focus on when I look at it. My eyes go to the hand and then to the sharp area on the right and back and forth. I think if you are focusing on the hand the background should be more blurry and if you are focusing on the sky the hand should be more blurry.

I really like the second one. I think it is good but I would crop a bit off the bottom (so the height is about 675 pixels). This would bring the "horizon," or line where the texture of the surface water fades, down a bit. It would make the composition better according to the rule of thirds.
Vasco Posted: 07:39 Jul27 2010 Post ID: 2875124
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Owow, these are definitely my favorites from you, Proc.

The first's background has a ton of potential, I love the colors and saturation you chose. I do agree with Ss about the hand, though, specially when it comes to depth.

I really like the second one as well, but the jellyfish needs to blend in into the surroundings some more. Depth could also use some tweaking.

Both truly surprised me, very nice pieces.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Procrastinator Posted: 12:19 Jul27 2010 Post ID: 2875205
Procrastinator
+
Thanks, dudes. I'm very reluctant to blur either the hand or background, because both took quite some time. As for blending the jellyfish (Lion's Mane, look it up, you'll be amazed), I don't even know where to begin on that, because rendering it was a b!tch. Literally.

Original Jelly

Won't supply a rendered version just yet, though. Either way, any tips on the blending?
v-gamer Posted: 12:43 Jul27 2010 Post ID: 2875218
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
I really like both :O

The first I think is amazing. Yeah, you could change the lighting/shading on the hand to blend everything in better, but other than that, I really like it.

I really like the focal in the second one, but not the background. I guess one way you could blend it in is making the city in the background more prominent, like pbo said, because at the moment, it's just blah to me. I think that also could make the background look better. (By "more prominent," I meant brighter and not looking as just a texture in the background).
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Layne. Posted: 02:01 Jul28 2010 Post ID: 2875538
Layne.
+
Both have wonderful potential!

The first with some tweakage to the hand (lighting seems a bit fake to me), and maybe some for cleaning up of your effects (the star stocks on the right could use some minor erasing and it'd be amazing!

The second despite blending issues with the jellyfish is quite nice also. I just personally think it's quite cool. Although not a fan on the brushing (?) behind the top of the jellyfish though, it's kind of throwing be off, I suppose. I love your rendering efforts, though.

Lovin' em, Proc.

Nicooooole<3
Procrastinator Posted: 10:40 Jul28 2010 Post ID: 2875659
Procrastinator
+
Just out of Reach looks admittedly better when the hand is blurred. Still not sure how to blend the Jellyfish in, at the moment, so again, a possible method would be appreciated.

Regardless, both have been added into my gallery. Thanks, everyone.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close