Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Family Disagreements

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 15:18 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914324
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
We've all had them, points in time where we don't exactly agree with those elder members of the family such as parents. We've all had times when we get into arguments with them. My question is this; Exactly how bad have the arguments gotten between yourself and your parents, grandparents, etc.

My arguments have gotten pretty bad in the past with my father. I remember one time we were arguing over respect, and it just escalated until we were throwing punches at each other. Needless to say, I got the crap kicked out of me. He's a big boy.

« Last edited by Forgoten_Scars on Oct 11th 2010 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 15:19 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914325
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
Yeah, we argue sometimes, usually with my dad, cause he's so damn repetitive and annoying.
And, like F_S, seems to have a bit of a thing about respect.
Never really escalated above shouting though.
Now known as
stormform Posted: 15:23 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914327
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
I've had these, but nothing going above shouting.
Either about respect or me doing somethig stupid.

steelersrock01 Posted: 15:24 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914328
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I usually get along great with my parents, besides the occasional smart *** remake that I just have to make. But this weekend, I got into a very loud argument with my dad about something extremely stupid. Many expletives were used, and it ended with me getting hit in the face. Now, my dad recently tore his rotator cuff, and he hasn't had surgery to fix it yet, so I was thinking about just punching him in the shoulder. I didn't though. We're about the same height, but he's almost double my weight, so it wouldn't have been to smart. And I don't like hitting my family anyway.

But besides the occasional rift, I'm pretty chill with my family. Like the others have said, it all comes down to respect.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Oct 12th 2010 »
hatershateme Posted: 18:05 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914372
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
Nothing with me. And I don't recall anything with the family

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

coachcline Posted: 19:17 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914402
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
I get into arguements with my family sometimes. Arguements are inevitable in any family. I just get mad when adults try to discredit people our age by saying we don't know what we're talking about or don't even want to listen to what we have to say.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Espada Vampiro Posted: 20:15 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914434
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
The only member of my family I seem to argue with is my mother, and that's usually when she starts a fight with Father. Most of the time Fathers right, you just CAN'T win a argument with her...

Nisa and Pram........My Strongest Mage and Fist fighter yet and only getting stronger....FLAT POWER! XD *is frozen by Pram then busted into pieces by Nisa*.

Current Obsession: Disgaea 4.......And Hii-chan X3.
Nic21 Posted: 20:24 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914436
Nic21
#holla
Post Likes: 6
+
Never physical, just emotional. Me and my brother will yell and say nasty stuff. My parents and I have gotten into some pretty big arguments. When I think about it though, it's not as bad as some have it. :/
Credit to .Impact for this good lookin' guy right here<3

Axionas Posted: 20:32 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914445
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
Well, there was this one time where I hit my brother and knocked him out. Argument was who was doing the dishes. I finally got tired of giving in, and just hit him and he's older too :/
v-gamer Posted: 20:50 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914449
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
Actually, I get along great with my family.

I don't see what the big deal is with respecting parents. I mean, after all, they are the ones taking care of you and putting a roof above your head, or at least trying their hardest... Is it so hard to abide by their rules until you're out on your own? (Edit: Actually, don't answer that, I know how children these days have very different morals from that of their parents.)

But really, as much as I'm part of this "new generation," I guess I'm just old-fashioned and disciplined - you know, respecting your elders and such. Teenagers these days are so rebellious, like they were in the 1970s. I see it in my stepbrother, and needless to say, he gets into countless arguments with either and usually both my parents.

« Last edited by v-gamer on Oct 11th 2010 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 21:20 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914453
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
v-gamer said:I don't see what the big deal is with respecting parents. I mean, after all, they are the ones taking care of you and putting a roof above your head, or at least trying their hardest... Is it so hard to abide by their rules until you're out on your own? (Edit: Actually, don't answer that, I know how children these days have very different morals from that of their parents.)

I smell Curry and Volke on you. IP check pls?
sphynxx Posted: 23:45 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914471
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
v-gamer said:I don't see what the big deal is with respecting parents. I mean, after all, they are the ones taking care of you and putting a roof above your head, or at least trying their hardest... Is it so hard to abide by their rules until you're out on your own? (Edit: Actually, don't answer that, I know how children these days have very different morals from that of their parents.)

I think this;

Coach said:adults try to discredit people our age by saying we don't know what we're talking about or don't even want to listen to what we have to say.

pretty much covers it. I agree that a child should respect their parents. But when the parents don't respect their child, how can anyone expect a child to respect them?

My step-father is a classic example. He & my mother have been married something like 12 years. I was 8 or 9 when they got married. Since day one, he never did anything other than boss me around. I'm not talking about "can you please do the dishes/chores" but heavy-handed "get your **** in the bloody kitchen & do your f******* job" kind of things.

How can a person possibly respect a person whose attitude consists of "I'm right, you're wrong, get out of my face"

My relationship with my stepfather came to a head a couple of years ago. After one particularly nasty argument in which he couldn't see he was wrong, he tried to bring my mother into the argument; she agreed with me, he got pissy & stormed off. My mum was called to my sisters. Stepfather came home, saw I was alone & had a huge go at me. Ended up throwing a punch. He fractured my jaw, but I was raging pretty hard & ended up shoving him through a plate-glass door & storming off.

After that, he doesn't seek any arguments with me & I avoid him. If he talks to me civilly, I'll respond in kind. Likewise, if he gets nasty, I will too. But for the most part we're civil. Mostly for my mother. She knows we don't get along too well though.

My biological father is another story -,-

« Last edited by sphynxx on Oct 11th 2010 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
GoldenPili Posted: 01:42 Oct12 2010 Post ID: 2914478
GoldenPili
Post Likes: 0
+
Well, my Dad's an *** and Mum kicked him out because he was basically just a loud, smelly rug that ate all our food.

But apart from that, and the occasional row with Mum, I'm fine.

When the coroner cuts me open, I want the whole room to smell like potato wedges. - Gabriel Iglasias

Cheer's to Craizen for the awesome sig and avy.
Volke Posted: 03:43 Oct12 2010 Post ID: 2914490
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Nothing serious, just minor disagreements. This is where I'd make a speech, usually, but v-gamer has already said what I would have.

My sister has trouble with her father, though.

« Last edited by Volke on Oct 12th 2010 »
_amo_ Posted: 05:23 Oct12 2010 Post ID: 2914505
_amo_
+
steelersrock01 said:We're about the same height, but he's almost double my height

What does that mean? Eh You are both 0ft tall?
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:35 Oct12 2010 Post ID: 2914626
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
lol, sorry, bad typo there I guess Smile
CurryMonster Posted: 05:30 Oct13 2010 Post ID: 2914853
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
Forgoten_Scars said:

I smell Curry and Volke on you. IP check pls?

The jig is up. Yes, I'm secretly Volke and v-gamer. I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to realise.

I've had my fair share of disagreements with my family over the years, mostly caused by the obligatory "rebellious teenager" phase that everyone here seems to be stuck in. Grew out of that pretty quickly, and now the only time I argue with them is when my lack of employment comes up. These days, I point out that trying to hold down a job during my Honours year would be suicide, and that seems to do the trick.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
v-gamer Posted: 08:40 Oct13 2010 Post ID: 2914890
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
That's what I try to tell my parents (about having a job), I hardly find the time to sleep with school and... other things. But those "other things" occur once, maybe twice a week, and for only a few hours each time, hardly the equivalent of holding a job. Although it would give me something else to do on Friday and Saturday nights, I suppose.

Then again, without a job, I don't really have any other source of paying for college because my uni is shat at giving me grants and even loans. I hardly made it through paying for college this semester. :(

« Last edited by v-gamer on Oct 13th 2010 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Ziggoratt999 Posted: 17:09 Oct13 2010 Post ID: 2915019
Ziggoratt999
Puppi Boi
+
My dad's pinned me to the ground and tried to pry my arm off, but my mom calmed him down... But that's about as bad as it's ever gotten.

Click my sig to pay a visit to PMDS

I be da puppi boi. Remember it.

Thanks to Axionas for the Sig and Avy
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 17:11 Oct13 2010 Post ID: 2915021
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Oh yeah, I remember that one, Garret. Worse than any of mine with my dad. What was that, a few months ago?
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close