Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Guild Wars 2 RP

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
nightmare2 Posted: 19:50 Oct26 2010 Post ID: 2920131
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Story
For generations, war and chaos raged across the land of Tyria. Five great races competed and warred against each other, struggling to tip the balance of power in their favor.
Then the dragons woke.
The all-powerful beasts stirred from their millennial sleep under earth and sea. With their magical breath the dragons spread destruction and created legions of twisted slaves. A deathless dragon named Zhaitan raised the sunken nation of Orr, triggering earthquakes and tidal waves that destroyed entire cities across the Sea of Sorrows. Zhaitan's undead armies surged from the sea, hungry for the destruction of the five races of Tyria: the charr, a ferocious race of feline warriors; the asura, magical inventors of small size and great intellect; the norn, towering shapeshifters from the frigid northern lands; the sylvari, a mysterious young race of visionary plant folk; and the humans, an embattled but resilient people. Now heroes from the five races must set aside ancient rivalries and stand together against their common enemies. Magic, technology, and cold steel will determine the ultimate fate of the world.

Races
Sylvari
Norn
Charr
Asura
Human

Professions
Necromancer
Ranger
Warrior
Elementalist

The Orders
The Order of Whispers
The Order of Whispers originated in the nation of Elona, long before the rise of the goddess Kormir. Now the Order has found another purpose: to slow the rise of the Elder Dragons, and eventually, discover a way to put them back to sleep. The Order of Whispers does not believe the dragons can be physically destroyed; instead, the Order looks for methods to escape their full awakening and the inevitable aftermath. The Master of Whispers has spies, thieves, and black-ops agents within every nation on Tyria, infiltrating major governments at the highest levels. Diplomacy is meaningless against the dragons. Weapons are useless. Only returning the Elder Dragons to their long sleep can save the world.
The Durmand Priory
The members of the Durmand Priory are dedicated to protecting knowledge and lore. Rarely combatants or politicians, they offer their services as advisors, tutors, and chroniclers for every major race in the world. The Durmand Priory was founded before Orr rose and a massive tidal wave caused by Zhaitan's awakening flooded Lion's Arch. Armed with a storehouse of wisdom, their members gather lost knowledge, long-forgotten history, and legends. They are willing to share their knowledge, revealing information cautiously but freely, so that others can act upon it for the betterment of all races. They do so in the hope that intellect, or some lost piece of knowledge, can save the world from the rise of the dragons.
The Vigil
The Vigil is a powerful fellowship of individuals bound by an oath to defend those in need, fight against the darkness, and offer help to those who cannot aid themselves. Anywhere the Elder Dragons send minions, the Vigil will face them and stand against their spread. The Vigil wants to face the enemy directly, testing Zhaitan's power in the hope that such methods can one day be used against the dragon itself. They believe that the Elder Dragons grow more powerful as each day passes, and that those who do not fight now are giving the world away by standing passively aside. Those who dislike the Vigil's methods call them idealistic, but they are not naive. These crusaders understand that the world is a dangerous place. They intend to be an army of light against the onslaught of darkness.

Rules: All forum rules apply. As well as RP rules. You may create 2 characters. No Dragons. Posts should have significant value and add to story. I will approve your characters.
Template
Name
Profession
Order
Appearance
Bio

Name: Shade
Race: Charr
Profession: Ranger
Order: The Vigil
Appearance: 8'9". With black fur. Red eyes.
Bio: Raised himself from a young age. Learned to fight from a human ranger. Loves to fight like his race. But is paced and calm.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
hatershateme Posted: 14:39 Nov05 2010 Post ID: 2924069
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
Name; Josh
Gender; Male
Race; Human
Profession; Necromancer
Order; The Order of Whispers
Appearance; http://dhaven.org/atheater/rp/finalfantasy/classes/neromancer.png
Bio: Long practices through out the years. Learned a bit on the Dragons, and thinks he can almost stop the Dragons, but needs a army.

« Last edited by hatershateme on Nov 6th 2010 »

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

nightmare2 Posted: 09:15 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924371
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
((your appearance does matter... yeah your accepted. THANKS FOR JOINING!))]}[{

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
hatershateme Posted: 10:40 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924384
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
+
(Alright, I fixed it

superbird5005 is Bae

nightmare2 Posted: 11:45 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924442
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
((cool. Beginning hopefully someone else will join in))
At a market, in a small but wealthy town, a young Charr sets up a stall to sell weapons and gather information about the rumors of Dragons awakening for his Order. The news of Dragons awakening and being led by a deathless dragon named Zhaitan had quickly spread throughout the country, but no one could currently confirm this. Nevertheless The Vigil had sent him out, one of their longest and best members, to gather information. And here he was a week after he began his mission with little news to confirm thus. Small towns getting attacked randomly was the best he could get. But he was hoping to come across someone of another Order. Scanning the crwds in the market for anyone who might help.
"Slow day today, isn't it?" An old Asura had come up without the Charr's notice
"Yea, for weapons buisness but everything else is thriving... I must say with the rumors of Dragons awakening I though weapons would be in a higher demand."
"Not here, too peaceful and well protected. But head to Dairen, the small village to the east. Heard they have been attacked by Zhaitan's warriors"

hatershateme Posted: 11:55 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924446
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
+
(Are the Orders aganist each other in the beginning?) (I don't know how to start RP's off, so bare with me.)

superbird5005 is Bae

nightmare2 Posted: 21:52 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924729
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
(The Orders are just seperate. They are nuetral really. All trying to find a way to rid the current problem at hand in different ways.)
The young Charr packs up his items and heads to Dairen in hope to aquire more knowledge. Hopeful that the Asura had not been lying, he really didn't trust him but his mission required him too.

Kairos Posted: 00:03 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2924755
Kairos
Post Likes: 0
+
((I'm considering joining, but I've never played the Guild Wars games before. Is this RP following one of the game plots, or are you just using basic characters and settings from the game?))

^Thanks To Yogi_Bear^
Sir Julian, Eighth Of The Gemstone Order
Guild Wars 2 RP
nightmare2 Posted: 13:46 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2924936
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
(Well its based on the plot of the second game that hasn't come out yet. But it uses the setting, characters/species, and plot. We build off it by ourselves.)

Kairos Posted: 20:13 Nov07 2010 Post ID: 2925081
Kairos
+
((So is the plot what you have in your first post, or do I have to go to the site to see the second game's plot?))

^Thanks To Yogi_Bear^
Guild Wars 2 RP
nightmare2 Posted: 11:24 Nov08 2010 Post ID: 2925285
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
(yep. the plot in the first post is the plot for this RP.)
The young Charr rides out of town in his carriage drawn by battle wolves at a t high speed to the town
-later-
Arriving at Dairen the young Charr begins to believe the old Asura due to the town's state.

Kairos Posted: 21:26 Nov08 2010 Post ID: 2925543
Kairos
+
((Oh. Alright. So is it okay if I join? If I can, I'll just edit this post to include my character's bio. If not, oh well.))

^Thanks To Yogi_Bear^
Guild Wars 2 RP
nightmare2 Posted: 17:22 Nov09 2010 Post ID: 2925685
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
(yeah. this kinda needs more peoples)
The young Charr buys a room for himself and a small part of the stable for his Wolves and carriage. Then he takes a look around the surrounding area of the town. Looking for evidence of recent attacks. Which he quickly finds, dried blood covers the fields, torn leather and broken armour scattered around. No bodies though, so of course he couldn't tell exactly what or who kept attacking or attacked. Sighing he headed back to the town.

After some looking around to get his bearings he started to ask around. Most people seemed to scared, walking away briskly whenever he walked up to them. Finally he found someone who he successfully was able to ask. Though all they did was point to the Town center. Sighing once more he headed towards it.

Kairos Posted: 20:51 Nov09 2010 Post ID: 2925740
Kairos
+
((I decided to just post the bio in a new post. I'm going to make two characters, if it's alright.))

Name: Cotok Kaysoff (Pronunciation: Koe-tock Kay-sawf) - AKA: Otto
Race: Human
Profession: Ranger
Appearance: About six feet in height and is 31 years old. Lower neck length hair that is black with a goatee and sideburns, also black coloured. Piercing blue eyes. Many scars on his back. Is in great shape due to workouts he does daily. Has a scar on his right wrist that has personal meaning.
Bio: After growing up in a hard life, he left his parents at the age of 20. He committed some crimes before he was rescued, with his life saved, by Anne. After this rescue the both joined The Vigil to stop the rise of the Eternal Dragons. He is an excellent archer and incredibly skilled with smaller bladed knives and daggers. He can hold his own with a sword.

Name: Analina Dasapin (Pronunciation: Anna-lean-uh Dass-uh-pin) - AKA: Anne
Race: Asura
Profession: Elementalist
Appearance: About five feet and nine inches in height, and is 28 years old. Lower shoulderblade length hair that is dark brown. Bright green eyes that are so close to white she almost appears blind. In great shape due to the workouts she does daily. Has a scar on her left wrist identical to that on Otto's right, and also has a long scar up her right calf and thigh.
Bio: When she was only nineteen, she saved Otto's life. In the process, she got fatally wounded on her right leg, which was later patched up by Otto. They are now in a romantic relationship. She doesn't know much about her teenage life, and she knows nothing about her life before she turned 14. She joined The Vigil with Otto in the hopes to stop the Eternal Dragons from rising. She is greatly skilled in air and water manipulation. She only knows basic earth manipulation, and she knows no fire manipulation. She teams up with Otto in fights, and will use her elemental powers in conjunction with his weapons.

« Last edited by Kairos on Nov 9th 2010 »

^Thanks To Yogi_Bear^
Guild Wars 2 RP
nightmare2 Posted: 04:09 Nov10 2010 Post ID: 2925790
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
(good characters. you can begin whenever you want)

nightmare2 Posted: 04:09 Nov10 2010 Post ID: 2925791
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
(good characters. you can begin whenever you want)

Kairos Posted: 00:21 Nov11 2010 Post ID: 2925985
Kairos
+
((Thank you very much))

Otto and Anne were in Dairen. The Vigil had also sent them on a search to find confirmation on the rumours. The Vigil, being such a large group, meant that the two had no idea that Shade was also searching for confirmation.
They were standing in the town center when they saw him approach.

Otto: "Shade? Is that you?"

« Last edited by Kairos on Nov 11th 2010 »

^Thanks To Yogi_Bear^
Guild Wars 2 RP
nightmare2 Posted: 12:38 Nov11 2010 Post ID: 2926137
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Shade turns and looks at the two of them, startled to hear his name called. It takes him a couple moments to realize it was Otto and Anne.
"Yes and what are you doing here? I don't suppose your on vacation."

Kairos Posted: 13:28 Nov11 2010 Post ID: 2926144
Kairos
+
Otto: "No, we're not. Unluckily."
*He sighs*
Anne: "We're here for The Vigil. We're learning about the Eternal Dragons."
*Otto nods*
"Yes. I doubt you're on vacation, so what are you here for?"

^Thanks To Yogi_Bear^
Guild Wars 2 RP
nightmare2 Posted: 09:57 Nov13 2010 Post ID: 2926783
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"No, I am on vacation here. Enjoying the uplifting envirnment of these people.... Did you think I was here by coinicedent? Nope, was told this town was attacked recently. Through some investigating I found it was. Heading to the Town Center for furhter info. Wanna help?"

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close