Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

California to legalize pot?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
_amo_ Posted: 15:11 Oct29 2010 Post ID: 2921339
_amo_
Post Likes: 0
+
Cheat holder said:Ah, Ok. I will respect that.But as for everyne else, please dicuss the actual bill, not the side effects, because that is not what this is about. _amo_, aplogies for thinking you were another person,it was the avy that confused me.
Actually, I am rate_me. I switched accounts late last August.
Hopefully this conversation will be more friendly now.
geezerguy Posted: 17:33 Oct29 2010 Post ID: 2921378
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
GoldenPili said:tl;dr

Since I live in a land Down Under - where the woman glow and men plunder - this doesn't really effect me, but I think if they're legalizing it, kids will try it. Just like alcohol. Some'll love it, some'll hate it, the rest won't give a shirt.

Um, kids already try it as it is. A lot.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Catharsis Posted: 19:06 Oct30 2010 Post ID: 2921985
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
geezerguy said:

Since I live in a land Down Under - where the woman glow and men plunder - this doesn't really effect me, but I think if they're legalizing it, kids will try it. Just like alcohol. Some'll love it, some'll hate it, the rest won't give a shirt.

Ha, yeah. I got offered some just by joining a few Facebook groups for students at my university - one guy who was dealing it went around adding people from those groups and then sent out mass messages telling people to inbox him if they wanted some.

And someone I know over in Max Rayne House has a hell of a lot of it stashed somewhere...

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Arceus101 Posted: 00:54 Oct31 2010 Post ID: 2922091
Arceus101
Minecraft Addict
+
why legalize it? everyone here smokes it anyways >>, even in school, IN MY CLASS, i saw them during a movie in class, obviously got caught. but if we legalize it, then Whats the point? they will just smoke it in public, and then 2ND hand smoke the kids to death, technically not to death, impossible yeah true. but WOW it would be like George bush running Cali instead of the U.S. No offence republicans.

my friend stores his in a cabinet on top of an old pizza store building, its their hangout. no one would think of the place. 2ND day of school in Cali i was offered some, they were in class and smoking out of a Pepsi can, out in the hall.

« Last edited by Arceus101 on Oct 31st 2010 »

Sig by goal machine. Avvy by HARLSTA!
Join This Forum. It's Awesome. Post! (:
yossy666 Posted: 02:03 Oct31 2010 Post ID: 2922098
yossy666
+
"Oh, yeah, nobody drinks in moderation. People don't actually like the taste. The only reason why anybody would ever buy alcohol is to get drunk."

_amo_, you have no idea what you're talking about. What a ridiculous statement.

That said however, I am a firm believer that alcohol has more potential negative effects socially, physically and mentally than marijuana.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
TheLlama Posted: 05:00 Oct31 2010 Post ID: 2922104
TheLlama
+
yossy666 said:That said however, I am a firm believer that alcohol has more potential negative effects socially, physically and mentally than marijuana.

i agree, have you ever seen an alcoholic going cold turkey? its horrible to watch and if their addiction is bad enough they will actually die becuase the body has become dependant on the alcohol - not something that can happen with cannabis because you don't get withdrawl symptoms from it.
sphynxx Posted: 07:39 Oct31 2010 Post ID: 2922114
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
There is also the fact that the Cannabis plant has so many uses compared to say, the Tobacco plant and what benefits does alcohol really have?

People are only getting worked up about this because it's always been illegal. I've always wondered why the hell Tobacco was legal, but growing Cannabis wasn't. One has more of a use than the other. Tobacco is a product which has so many more visible negative effects, that any possible positive effect is completely lost.

New Zealands had people trying to legalise cannabis for years, but so far our Government remains ignorant to the fact that theres more to it than dope. Yet meanwhile they still sell Ciggerettes ;_;

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
geezerguy Posted: 13:27 Oct31 2010 Post ID: 2922277
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
Catharsis said:
geezerguy said:

Ha, yeah. I got offered some just by joining a few Facebook groups for students at my university - one guy who was dealing it went around adding people from those groups and then sent out mass messages telling people to inbox him if they wanted some.

And someone I know over in Max Rayne House has a hell of a lot of it stashed somewhere...

Me and my friends have just been stopped in the street many, many times and asked if we smoke it. Like, more than five times by different people.

My friend has like 4/5 different dealers on his phone haha.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Catharsis Posted: 16:27 Nov01 2010 Post ID: 2922725
Catharsis
+
geezerguy said:
Catharsis said:
geezerguy said:

Me and my friends have just been stopped in the street many, many times and asked if we smoke it. Like, more than five times by different people.

My friend has like 4/5 different dealers on his phone haha.

Hasn't happened to me yet, but if I wanted some I could get it. Know about five people who smoke it, and one of the rooms down my corridor absolutely stinks of it so I could just talk to the guy in there, in all likelihood.

But of course banning it totally works and it would be wrong for the government to make money off it by making it legal and taxing it, because the Daily Mail said so.

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
_amo_ Posted: 22:05 Nov01 2010 Post ID: 2922832
_amo_
+
yossy666 said:"Oh, yeah, nobody drinks in moderation. People don't actually like the taste. The only reason why anybody would ever buy alcohol is to get drunk."

So are you saying that people don't actually drink in moderation, like the taste, or drink for reasons other than to get hammered? I thought that my sarcasm was pretty transparent.
TheLlama Posted: 02:52 Nov02 2010 Post ID: 2922856
TheLlama
+
_amo_ said:
yossy666 said:"Oh, yeah, nobody drinks in moderation. People don't actually like the taste. The only reason why anybody would ever buy alcohol is to get drunk."

So are you saying that people don't actually drink in moderation, like the taste, or drink for reasons other than to get hammered? I thought that my sarcasm was pretty transparent.

but what you did say was people only smoke weed to get high which is simply not true. i don't smoke alot of weed these days but when i do/did its for social reasons, its something i can do with my friends that we enjoy seems as there are a few people at university and the rest of us work full time so its a way of us getting together without spending loads of money in a pub.
_amo_ Posted: 15:30 Nov02 2010 Post ID: 2923038
_amo_
+
TheLlama said:
_amo_ said:

but what you did say was people only smoke weed to get high which is simply not true. i don't smoke alot of weed these days but when i do/did its for social reasons, its something i can do with my friends that we enjoy seems as there are a few people at university and the rest of us work full time so its a way of us getting together without spending loads of money in a pub.
And why does pot have to be your tool for social interaction? Why are mind-altering substances necessary to have meaningful conversations? In what way does the peer pressure to smoke with your friends in order to have a social life justify your cause?
sphynxx Posted: 19:39 Nov02 2010 Post ID: 2923192
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
_amo_ said:And why does pot have to be your tool for social interaction? Why are mind-altering substances necessary to have meaningful conversations? In what way does the peer pressure to smoke with your friends in order to have a social life justify your cause?

Same could be said for alcohol. Should we ban that too? It has just as many negative effects as Dope. Yet it's still legal.

Like alcohol, dope effects different people differently. Some people only have to smell alcohol to feel lightheaded & start to appear "tipsy" whereas I myself & others can drink quite a lot and be very steady on our feet with limited, if any, impairment to our judgement & reactions.

The same goes for dope.

Plus;
meaningful conversations?

I lol'd - my friends & I dont get together to have meaningful conversations. We get together to blow off steam & have a good time doing stuff we dont ordinarily get to do.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
TheLlama Posted: 04:55 Nov03 2010 Post ID: 2923284
TheLlama
+
_amo_ said:And why does pot have to be your tool for social interaction? Why are mind-altering substances necessary to have meaningful conversations? In what way does the peer pressure to smoke with your friends in order to have a social life justify your cause?

wow, you really know how to fail at understanding my point...at what point did i say i have to have weed to have a social life? as i said i don't smoke that much these days so do you think i just sit at home all day and never go out? of course not but its something we can do to have a laugh during the week, we don't sit around talking about space and time everyday and not all my fiends are gamers so if we get a day when a few of us are off work or have finished early then we can get together and have a smoke which is why i prefer cannabis to alcohol because where i live its not cheap to drink these days. If im going to the pub for just a couple of drinks and have a chat with people then im looking at about 4-5 pints or a couple of pints and maybe a vodka or a whiskey which is going to cost over £10 but if i go and buy £10 of weed i can make that last 2 maybe 3 days so im saving alot of money.
poleio Posted: 08:18 Nov05 2010 Post ID: 2923981
poleio
+
I thinck they should legalize it just like they should dorop the driking age im mean everyone sill gets it it would help out the econmy and i mean how many pepole do you hear about pepole dying on weed or achool.
Dark Breloom Posted: 17:26 Nov05 2010 Post ID: 2924121
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
poleio said:I thinck they should legalize it just like they should dorop the driking age im mean everyone sill gets it it would help out the econmy and i mean how many pepole do you hear about pepole dying on weed or achool.

Are you kidding me? It's not on the news, but so many people die from drunk drivers or too much drinking.

« Last edited by Dark Breloom on Nov 5th 2010 »
_amo_ Posted: 17:35 Nov05 2010 Post ID: 2924124
_amo_
+
TheLlama said:

wow, you really know how to fail at understanding my point...

As do you

TheLlama said:at what point did i say i have to have weed to have a social life? as i said i don't smoke that much these days so do you think i just sit at home all day and never go out? of course not but its something we can do to have a laugh during the week

I was responding to the notion that there are other reasons to smoke marijuana than to get high; I was not personally confronting you. The only reason why I'm actually going after the social aspect of it is because that is the only way I can express my disagreement with your justifications for legalization without turning this into a thread more suited to D&D than general chat. Therefore, I am limiting myself in regards to what I will use to get my point across to keep this thread civil. If you would rather debate the actual issue rather than simply chat about it, feel free to bring it up in the cannabis thread in D&D.

TheLlama said:If im going to the pub for just a couple of drinks and have a chat with people then im looking at about 4-5 pints or a couple of pints and maybe a vodka or a whiskey which is going to cost over £10 but if i go and buy £10 of weed i can make that last 2 maybe 3 days so im saving alot of money.

Or maybe you don't have to buy half a gallon of beer when hanging out for an hour or two.
EternalSD Posted: 22:55 Nov05 2010 Post ID: 2924222
EternalSD
+
Anyway one make the joke yet ?

Although I'm glad they didn't legalize it.

Sig by Eternal_Rage

Used to be: maxxy209, yeah yeah I know, I hated me too.

3DS FC:2879-0823-7591
Soul Silver:2924-6554-4478
super craig Posted: 08:25 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924339
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
sphynxx said:There is also the fact that the Cannabis plant has so many uses compared to say, the Tobacco plant and what benefits does alcohol really have?

People are only getting worked up about this because it's always been illegal. I've always wondered why the hell Tobacco was legal, but growing Cannabis wasn't. One has more of a use than the other. Tobacco is a product which has so many more visible negative effects, that any possible positive effect is completely lost.

New Zealands had people trying to legalise cannabis for years, but so far our Government remains ignorant to the fact that theres more to it than dope. Yet meanwhile they still sell Ciggerettes ;_;

Cigarette smoking is hugely common, to just ban it overnight would be impossible without severe reprecussions no matter how much the government wanted to ban it. We can't turn back the clock and stop alcohol or tobacco use becoming so widespread so does that mean we should therefore just let everything else pass as well when we have a chance of stopping it from reaching the same sort of untouchable status?

The old saying 2 wrongs don't make a right comes to mind.

I'm not sure what you mean by Canabis has different uses (as a hat, bike?), I assume you mean some medical properties it has, which if you truely wanted to gain there are legal drugs already out there that use it and without any of the side effects 'good' or bad. The fact is that the vast majority of young people who smoke cannabis are doing it for the exact same reason as those who smoke and drink and probably not to help with their arthritis pain.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Catharsis Posted: 13:10 Nov06 2010 Post ID: 2924553
Catharsis
+
super craig said:Cigarette smoking is hugely common, to just ban it overnight would be impossible without severe reprecussions no matter how much the government wanted to ban it.

Severe repercussions like a black market starting up and millions of pounds worth of profits going into the hands of criminal gangs?

Oh, wait.

Displaying Page 4 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 435822

Post Top
Click to close