Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Russia to host 2018 world cup and Qatar to host it in 2022

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Team SuperCheats Posted: 14:41 Dec02 2010 Post ID: 2932526
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Can't say I am at all happy in the slightest about wither of the choices. Sucks imo. England had by far the best proposition for 2018, and the decision in favor of Qatar in 2022 is just laughable - the coutry has less than 1 million people in it. What sort of legacy will that leave behind... Dimwits...
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 15:00 Dec02 2010 Post ID: 2932538
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
You'd kind of wonder how a country that no ones heard of can host something this big.
Now known as
geezerguy Posted: 16:25 Dec02 2010 Post ID: 2932556
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
I was actually totally pee'd off we didn't get 2018.. Seriously RUSSIA? No offence if anyone's from Russia here (lol doubt it?) but a World Cup would be so much better in England, where football was CREATED, than over there.

._.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Team SuperCheats Posted: 01:24 Dec03 2010 Post ID: 2932722
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Apparently it was said by someone - 'why is this taking so long... How long does it take to count a bag of roubles?'

Qatar an even more ridiculous choice - I hope people really go after Fifa now and find some more corruption there. Blatter is a complete berk
TestVirus101 Posted: 01:48 Dec03 2010 Post ID: 2932729
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Australia were promised by several officials they'd secured their vote for the 2022 games and yet we recieved ONE vote in the first round and were eliminated. It's absolutely ridiculous that Qatar can toss some oil money at FIFA and get a world cup.

Everyone knows Australia can put on a great show.
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 03:29 Dec03 2010 Post ID: 2932755
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
Im sad australia isnt hosting it but also happy.Didnt want to be awoken at 4 in the morning by next door neighbours watching to soccer like this year -_- good old cops

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

TestVirus101 Posted: 08:23 Dec03 2010 Post ID: 2932832
TestVirus101
+
ShadowStriker64 said:Im sad australia isnt hosting it but also happy.Didnt want to be awoken at 4 in the morning by next door neighbours watching to soccer like this year -_- good old cops

But you live in Australia. Why would the games be on at 4am for you? =/
geezerguy Posted: 10:09 Dec03 2010 Post ID: 2932861
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
TestVirus101 said:
ShadowStriker64 said:Im sad australia isnt hosting it but also happy.Didnt want to be awoken at 4 in the morning by next door neighbours watching to soccer like this year -_- good old cops

Hahaha. Nice one Sean <:

Well I can't wait to see what a fail the Qatar World Cup is, anyway.
Volke Posted: 10:14 Dec03 2010 Post ID: 2932864
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Russia's a decent choice. Qatar strikes me as odd.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 15:13 Dec03 2010 Post ID: 2932965
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Quatar - ridiculous - a great footballing nation - yeah right - indoor games, no legacy - oh well...
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 02:59 Dec04 2010 Post ID: 2933204
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
geezerguy said:
TestVirus101 said:

Hahaha. Nice one Sean <:

Well I can't wait to see what a fail the Qatar World Cup is, anyway.

Silence Testy till its your time to rise ;)

But still I'd rather not have the neighbours watching it next to my room.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Volke Posted: 04:38 Dec04 2010 Post ID: 2933220
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Team SuperCheats said:Quatar - ridiculous - a great footballing nation - yeah right - indoor games, no legacy - oh well...

They don't have a choice with the indoor football games (who, in their right mind, would want to play football in temperatures around 40 degrees Celsius?), but the thing is, they had a choice not to choose Qatar.

Personally, I would have picked England for 2018 and Russia for 2022. Or vice-versa. But I don't see any values in picking Qatar (unless the country spends the next twelve years building massive indoor football stadiums, and they do have time on their side I guess).
sphynxx Posted: 06:41 Dec04 2010 Post ID: 2933230
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
^They're building some AC'd covered Stadiums for the WC.

Russia has a fairly decent footy league. I don't know why you guys are complaining for anyway. Why should a nation that's already had the honor of hosting the WC get to do so again when there are other nations who deserve the chance to give their nation & those around them the chance to see the what is arguably the greatest sports spectacle in the world?

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
geezerguy Posted: 06:43 Dec04 2010 Post ID: 2933231
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Because we wanted our own countries to host it, simple as that ;)
sphynxx Posted: 07:17 Dec04 2010 Post ID: 2933235
sphynxx
+
Englands already had it stop being greedy lil buggers Speak to the hand

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

geezerguy Posted: 07:42 Dec04 2010 Post ID: 2933236
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Yeah almost 45 years ago?

Brazil have hosted it before yet they are hosting 2014 and France haved hosted twice in the past, so I don't see why that makes any difference... Surely it isn't about giving other countries a chance it's about making the most money, the biggest spectacle, etc. And that would have been hosting in England, or even Spain and Portugal and I'm not sure why they didn't get it either tbh.
sphynxx Posted: 15:29 Dec04 2010 Post ID: 2933365
sphynxx
+
Because we know FIFA are morons? There's not sense in trying to figure out FIFA logic haha

Vasco Posted: 16:04 Dec04 2010 Post ID: 2933373
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Eh, I was hoping for our joint proposal (Spain and Portugal) to win, even though we wouldn't be hosting even half the games Spain would. We came second on both voting rounds, tough luck. Russia wouldn't be my first, or even second, choice, but it's still a decent one.

Qatar won as a symbolic gesture, being the first "Arab nation" to host a World Cup. Since the country isn't fit to do so, they now have to build five stadiums with technology to lower the temperature. Ridiculous, really. I don't know about Australia, but the US, for example, had perfect conditions to host such a massive competition.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
TestVirus101 Posted: 20:44 Dec04 2010 Post ID: 2933467
TestVirus101
+
Vasco said:Eh, I was hoping for our joint proposal (Spain and Portugal) to win, even though we wouldn't be hosting even half the games Spain would. We came second on both voting rounds, tough luck. Russia wouldn't be my first, or even second, choice, but it's still a decent one.

Qatar won as a symbolic gesture, being the first "Arab nation" to host a World Cup. Since the country isn't fit to do so, they now have to build five stadiums with technology to lower the temperature. Ridiculous, really. I don't know about Australia, but the US, for example, had perfect conditions to host such a massive competition.

Well, the Sydney 2000 Olympic are widely regarded by many as the best ever in terms of the effort put into them and the Australian economy is doing well.
zgame master Posted: 18:58 Dec10 2010 Post ID: 2935719
zgame master
Post Likes: 0
+
I believe that although England probably had the strongest bid for 2018 and should have won it, Russia is also a suitable choice. Qatar on the otherhand, is completely outrageous. They say they will be air-condition stadiums, but that still leaves all the training grounds at 40 degree heats. Qatar only got the 2022 bid because of how deep their pockets are, possibly by even bribing certain officials. The Australian bid made sense, as they had everything needed to host the world cup, as well as suitable conditions and stadiums. Plus, I think the World Cup would have been a major boost to Australian grass root teams, developing Australia for future world cups.

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close