Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The SuperCheats Newsletter: Volume 2010

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
superbird5005 Posted: 20:47 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950906
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+

Banner by ozzo

Finally, the year ends with too much to remember

I'm finally glad to say 2010 has ended. I don't know what kind of witty response to put after that, so I'll just continue on. Many events happened throughout the year, way too many of them. The site changed for the better, too many people were promoted to S-Mod, the annual brawl, another MVP competition, drama, drama, more drama, people leaving, people joining, people getting banned, trolls, new power to the Newsletter, and so forth. Just another year of SuperCheats that goes by. Welcome to this year's Volume 2010.

Of course, we're late as usual. I decided to check last year's newsletter and we're a day early, so shove it for those people complaining about lateness. I'd like to blame the whole newsletter staff except haters and Sphynxx for actually sending in their articles on time :P I would like to blame Loony for the so horrible lateness and hatred he has brought to me for everybody complaining also, but I still love you.

This year has brought us more unusual events and some more fun. With more recent events, Some people were demoted from being S-mod (Gamerad and PhilXZ(<--Finally from being so inactive)) and was replaced by V-Gamer (to much rejoice). We had our annual brawl that was taken...more seriously this year. Our lovely V-Gamer won that too along with Geezerguy coming in second place. The MVP competition came out of nowhere at the end of year, with many people spamming everything there was possible. Forgoten_Scars, Sphynxx, and luiginumberone(Host's note: WHO IS THIS GUY???) came in their respective places and get a game of their choice within Rich's exceptions. And for last, the 2010 SuperCheats Awards were launched, so please do vote for your favorite things, including myself.

The year brought some drama and downsides as well. Vasco, our loved member, resigned from the newsletter two months ago and also resigned from S-mod. He is still around though<3 Although this is not necessary a bad thing, but it didn't fair well for a while, which is drama :P Forgoten_Scars was promoted, and some were not pleased(including myself, but I'm over it :P). After a while, some threats peace was made and everybody moved on. Sloppy Seconds came to the site and trolled around making some people unhappy. Oh course, it was funny to watch, but people took it about the wrong way. Unless I missed something, please do tell :P

And with that, let us continue to the newsletter, I'm done ranting about the year.

~Contents~

- Shawn's Interview

- Posting Achievements

- Anniversaries

- New Members: December's newbies

- A better Movie Review: Easy A

- Video Game Review Book Review: The Hunger Games Trilogy

- Graphics and Artwork: Replay

- Best of the Year

- Disclaimer

Shawn's Interview

So for the end of the year, I decided to interview one of our most respected members on the site. You people recommended him for it, and I was like HE HASN'T BEEN INTERVIEW??!?!?!?!? So I decided to change this and make it happen. After a small distraction and hatred for a specific member, we got to the interview. After many fails with this interview as MSN was being quite stupid, we finally finished it, but anyways. He has had quite the year. Winning the Brawl, being promoted to S-mod, just everything good happened for this man. So please, take a seat, read the following interview with the lovely V-Gamer<3

Are you really the V-Gamer of the SpamCheats, The one known as Vee, the one who is loved by all, the one who should just run the site as he's the only one with the common knowledge of a normal human being?

Vee said:Yes, I am, in fact, your favorite letter of the alphabet. And yes, I would just like to say that all of that is true, and in short, I am awesome.

+1 to ego
So you've been on the site for almost five years now. What did you think of the site when you first joined it?

Vee said:Well, I had first joined because of the walkthroughs I found for Pokemon Emerald. I became heavily involved with submissions for a short time, and I loved it. At the time, I was competing with the member known as EspeonDude_ for the "best answer", and so because he never died, I was highly inspired to keep coming back to the site.

What makes you come back daily to the site?

Vee said: I'd like to say that I want to keep up with whatever daily drama is going to happen, but I think often I'm somehow a part of it. I feel it's almost standard for me to check up on what's happening and see to what duties I must serve, but other than that I simply like posting on the forums.

I'm sure many have heard the story before, but would you like to tell us the whole story on how you were hacked?

Vee said: Well, it all started with me deciding to go to bed early, one night in the mid summer of 2008. The infamous "Your Momma" decided to strike my account that night. He had submitted a contact form posing as me, asking to have my e-mail changed. From there, he was able to change my account's password by verifying it through the changed e-mail, and then had full access to my account. With new weapons and buttons at hand with my account, he invaded the Staff forum (now called Mod Squad) and General Chat and started posting horrible things all over the place! I suppose he could care less about Forums Games, but at the time I moderated that forum as well. My account was banned, of course, and I woke up the next morning in a frenzy and I had no idea what was going on. I looked at v-gamer's latest posts, and saw something I had never posted. So I signed onto MSN and received probably a dozen messages, asking "Why did you do that?" and other things like that, so I was panicking. I talked to Catharsis, and he calmed me down a lot. But I still made a new account (v-gamer2, haha how original) and demanded to know what was happening! Rich unbanned me but didn't give me back my mod spots due to the weak password on my account (Your Momma clearly has security issues). So there I was, a regular member posting in the forums, oblivious to what was happening in the Staff forum. I was upset to hear that people thought I would actually do that stuff, etc, so I started enjoying the forums a lot less. I left for a bit, and came back shortly afterward.

Alright, time for that awesome question nobody likes to answer
Since there is a third person waiting in line to win the MVP, choose that one person, and the rest who are not chosen, will just have to be eaten by a Grue for the rest of eternity

Vee said: I think mrsolo3000 is the obvious third place winner this time around, I mean it's obvious that I won and you got second place, so it's only fitting.

+1 to ego again
Your best moment on SC?

Vee said: A single moment? I suppose the 2008 SuperCheats Awards, at the time winning three of the biggest Moderator Awards (Best General Boards Moderator, Best Overall Moderator, and Most Likely to be Promoted) was a huge deal. Suffice it to say, though, those were the only three awards I won. But it was still a big deal to me.

Best moment this year on the site?

Vee said:Hm, well the beginning of the year was very slow for me. When high school ended, I started making a rebound on the site, and as a result I even won Member of the Month for... some month, I think it was May. But my rebound in activity led to my promotion as a Super Mod, so I'd have to say that that's my best moment this year.

What do you do outside of SC?

Vee said:Well, when I'm at uni, obviously I take classes during the day. I try to go to the gym where I can fit it, which is usually 2-3 times a week, although usually I end up going 1-2 times haha. A lot of my high school friends go to the same uni, so I end up seeing them from time to time. We all get together to hang out on weekends, and go out probably once or twice a month. In my free time, I go online. I'm almost always on facebook when I'm online, and I lurk SuperCheats, PXE, and PlanetRenders at the same time

If there was one thing about the site you wanted to change, what would it be?

Vee said: A variety of skins. The design and layout is nice, but I'm personally not a big fan of orange! I would definitely add a Dark Red and a Dark Blue, at least.

If you had the chance, what one person would you like to meet from the site?

Vee said:Well, between probably five, I would love to meet Layne the most. We always talk on MSN and have a lot of interests (i.e. graphics), plus I would love to visit Australia, so it would be a win-win for me. Also, geezerguy, Vasco, Xeta, and Animefreak. Catharsis would also be in that list, but it's almost like I don't really know him, any more. ;_;

So let's discuss some of the important things that happened this year
So let's start off with the MVP comp as that's most recent. What do you think of that and who do you think won it?

Vee said:I'm sure there's a lot that went on. As for the MVP competition, I honestly think that Forgoten_Scars won that. It's almost as if he started submitting a chunk out of nowhere and continued posting actively as he always had. I honestly do think he won it, this time.

What about the other two?

Vee said:I would assume that Rich is looking for people who contributed the most overall. So I'm just going to say you and Volke, although I'm not entirely sure if Volke still makes submissions as much as he used to.

Earlier in the year, Derek (Forgoten_Scars to some) was promoted to S-Mod without...anybody really knowing until it happened. What did you truly think of that, and how it happened?

Vee said:Well, as most of us know, there was a lot of drama involving Derek's promotion. I will admit that I think it's wrong that that the other Super Mods simple received a passing mention that he was going to be promoted, however I didn't mind his promotion itself. It was bound to happen, anyhow, due to his activity and avid posting, as well as his Moderator experience.

You won the Brawl, were you surprised?

Vee said:I was actually very surprised I made it into the top 2, I was expecting geezerguy to take the win this year. While I was happy to win, at the same time I'm rather disappointed that he didn't win.

You were promoted to S-Mod not too long ago, what did you think of this?

Vee said: Well, I was happy of course, but I didn't make much of a deal out of it. I think it would have been the grandest event ever if I were promoted in 2008, but based on the "hack" that I told earlier, that never happened until just recently. But yes, I was happy.

Vasco left the Newsletter, which to some thought would never see happen. We're you glad he did it, or do you think the Newsletter will crumble without his leadership?

Vee said: The Newsletter has been passed on multiple times - I didn't expect to see it "crumble", per se, but it probably would have been different under a different leadership. I definitely think you were a great choice, however, so hopefully things will start to shoot from there.

And one last thing
What do you think of the new Stats page?

Vee said:Well, with the recent separation of Forums and Teams, I think the Stats is perfect. There is still a heavy emphasis on submissions to the main site, and the overall reflection of stats works out a nice balance between the submissions, posts, and bonus points.

Alright, that's it for a year in review, now I'm going to ask you some personal questions, to which you can refuse to.
What's your name?

Vee said:William
(the last name is a bit too personal for the rest of SC to see haha)

How old are you?

Vee said:I'm 18 years old

Where do you currently reside at?

Vee said: I live in Connecticut, I go to UConn so that's in Storrs, CT.

Are you a UConn fan?

Vee said:Oh big time, as far as sports go, though, we've actually suffered a few losses. The Women's Basketball Team actually broke the all-time record of 89 straight wins, but recently lost to Stanford. They're still winning this season, though, and hopefully they can win the Championships. The Men's Basketball team is doing well, also, but hasn't achieved any substantial record yet. The Football team has made it to the Fiesta Bowl for the first time, but as expected lost the game.

Any regrets in your life you feel like telling?

Vee said:Hm, well although I live by "Live life without regrets", I could probably tell you that I got involved with the wrong people earlier in high school. I moved on, though, and now almost all of them have dropped out of high school. I just can't believe I ever hang out with them... That's probably one of the lamest regrest a person can tell, but I'd rather not talk about one of my ex-girlfriends.

Vee you sexy beast, are you currently with someone right now, or are you Ridin' Solo?

Vee said:I just recently got out of a relationship, it was a mutual agreement and we're still on good terms. It's just kind of moving on, and it actually involves other people haha. There's currently this one other girl I'm interested in, but I don't see that going anywhere significant.

And with that, I have nothing else. Before we call it quits, do you have anything you would like to say, whether it's totally random or not?

Vee said:I would just like to thank you for the interview, I had fun. I'm sure I tl;dr at some points but I can assure you that any one doesn't read everything, they're missing out! And with that, I have nothing else much to say, except that I just realized I didn't get my +10 ego boost, so to conclude this interview, I'd just like to say one more thing.
I'm v-gamer, and I approve this message.

+8 to ego

That shall be the end of this interview. If you have any recommendations for who you want to be interviewed, please, tell me, e-mail me, add my MSN, whatever.

For all of you OCD freaks, all grammar mistakes by the interview-e are not my responsibility or the editor's responsibility to edit, so you have to deal with their horrible typing.

Article by Superbird5005

Posting Achievements

So, I know, I took far too long to come out with the achievements, but I have a reason why. This month is a very special month for the Posting Achievements, because I have an associate of mine coming out to personally congratulate you all. I don�??t know this man very well, and, come to think of it, he never provided a name. However, I can tell you that he is a very tall, skinny man. Now, I know what you�??re thinking, �??Loony, how can you trust someone you just met?�?�. Well, calm down, I know he�??s a professional because he was wearing a black suit and tie with a white shirt underneath, which obviously means that he�??s a professional. He didn�??t say much of anything, and I never got a good look at his face, and he looked a bit pale, but I�??m sure that�??s totally natural for him. I know I had a picture of him somewhere, but it�??s always so difficult to find him in those pictures for some reason. Now, I�??ve given him all of your names, addresses, and best ways to find you alone at night, so please be patient while he gets to all of you!
On that note, achievement time!

Mini Posters
1,000-4,999

- sphynxx
- Dark Breloom
- dnextreme88
- Keyblade21

Small Posters
5,000-9,999

- superbird5005
- tbug2007

Medium Posters
10,000-14,999

- hatershateme
- InvertAlpha

Large Posters
15,000-19,999

- I am Error (None)

Extra Large Posters
20,000-24,999

- I am Beowulf (None)

Extra, EXTRA Large Posters
25,000+

- I am a loony (None!)

imaloony8.0 and the newsletter staff apologize if your achievement was not posted for whatever reason. If you did have an achievement and it was not posted, make sure to mention that so we can amend that, but you need to make sure you make those achievement topics, otherwise, I can�??t be sure of if you get achievements or not!

Article by Imaloony8.0

Anniversaries

Hi, and welcome to this month�??s edition of the anniversaries *insert fancy intro talking about how many birthdays this month here*

SC birthdays:

1 year

-Axionas

2 years

-somebody

3 years

-Somebody else

4 years

-Who's that? Oh, nobody

5 years

Qwertyuio

6 years

InvertAlpha

7 years

-Guess who? Nobody.

Real birthdays

5th of December, ShadowStriker64(15)

10th of December, Forgoten_Scars (18)

13th of December, thelama (23)

14th of December, g33k

22nd of December, roadkillman997(17)

29th of December, ziggorat999 (16)

30th of December, sk8rboy (19)

31st of December, hatershateme (17)

If I missed anybody or got something wrong, feel free to send a angry email to Shawn. He'll be glad to have 'em.

Host's Note: I'll forward them to you, I'm not afraid to do it either<3

Article by Stormform

New Members: December's Newbies

This month of December, 6 new members has joined the SuperCheats crew. Their names are;
-kinshipknight (December 14th) Posts: 5
-latias1234 (Decmber 20th) Posts: 5
-Redmicro (December 22nd) Posts: 3
-NiNjA WoLf 46 (December 27th): Posts 10
-ronshad (December 27th) Posts 2
-CashewNUTS (December 28th) Posts: 2

Our beloved neptis has left this forum, and its not the same anymore. Please come back, and restore this Forums natural Beauty.

Now, these members are new, so be nice. Also, I blame ShadowStriker for scaring them. Making them not post, and never coming back. These are the people who made a topic and introduced
themselves, and possibly stayed in our Hell. Hopefully you find the site fun, and you tell your friends. As we need more active people. Thanks for joining, and reading this article.

Article by hatershateme/Josh

A better Movie Review: Easy A.

This isn't your typical teenaged movie. There are no over the top sex scenes or a ton of female nudity here. What we do have however is a movie with some awesome scripting, brilliant casting and some truly superb performances from not only the lead Emma Stone but also very noteable performances from the supporting cast.

Easy A, starring Emma Stone as Olive Penderghas, a student at Ojai High School, follows the consequences of one small lie between friends that gets blown hugely out of proportion by the student body. At first we're introduced to Olive starting a webcast and the line "There are 2 sides to every story. This is my side�??the right one" & then slowly we're taken through the story as it happened. To begin with we get a small peek at what Olive is like before it all happens... A social outcast, awkward but with a very close, albeit rather crass, best friend. The whole thing starts with Olive trying too avoid going on a camping trip with her best friend Rhiannon, played by Alyson Michalka, and her 'new-aged' hippy parents. Olive makes up a fake boy named George & a date with him on the Saturday night of Rhiannons trip.. In reality, Olive just spends her weekend alone, in her room, at home. Come monday, through Rhiannons baggering, Olive tells the offending lie; that she slept with George. The schools bible thumper over hears this lie & sets about a chain of events that no-one could have foreseen. As we're taken through the progression of Olive & her ordeal, we see her first ashamed of the lie and trying but failing to set things right. As things progress, Olive starts to take on the lie & the social status & noteriety that it brings her. This brings about even more speculations and unforeseen situations that Olive hadn't counted on but these too, she takes in her stride.

The story of Easy A is very well done. It's fresh and it's original in todays terms, but it's very much a modernised version of paralleling Hester Prynne's in "The Scarlet Letter." Olives life in Easy A is very much a parallel of The Scarlet Letter, of which she's studying at Ojai High at the time of all of this taking place. It's hard to miss the connections, as they're put right out there for the viewers to make very early on. Although the movie very much reflects The Scarlet Letter, it's also relevent in todays world with this very thing happening more often than not at schools. It's refreshing to see a film that reflects true life, but in a way that doesn't really glamourise the negatives, or even the particular actions taken by the main character but helps put emphasis on being yourself whilst not allowing people to kick you while your down. This is definitely a movie where there will be moments in the story which many of you will relate to. I found myself saying "I knew someone like that!" or "I've been in a situation similiar to this" at a couple points in the movie.

I have to say it, this really isn't a "guys" movie. Yes, it's pretty hilarious and wonderfully written & performed. But if two or three guys turn up to see this movie without dates, they'd defintely get a few raised eyebrows. However in saying that, Easy A is so wonderfully written that it doesn't solely cater for the teenaged girl audience that one would first assume it's targeted towards. The humour in this movie is so universal that myself and my friend, along with the women we were with and the older middle-aged couple sitting behind us were all joyfully laughing out loud at several points during the movie.

A huge mention has to go to Emma Stone. She was simply outstanding as the sarcastic, slightly unsure but very intelligent Olive Penderghas. Another huge mention has to goPatricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci has the Parents Penderghas. Stanley in particular, his line delivery was wonderful, as was his scripting. Almost every line he had, from the serious ones with Emma, to the offhand comment to his son after dinner were brilliant. Amanda Bynes as Marianne, the aforementioned Bible thumper does a great job in her role, but Emma Stone really is the shining light in this movie.

I've already mentioned it, but I have to mention it again. The scripting was so wonderful, so on the money, that it's hard for me to find another movie whose script worked as well as this does. I didn't find any moments where I was thinking "they didn't just say that?!?" at all. The pace of the movie is set beautifully thanks to the script and the entire movie flows effortlessly.

Easy A is pretty much an unofficial but excellent tribute to John Hughes, having some referrences to his '80s classics in this movie. If you're a guy, you'll find yourself distracted by Alyson and Emma quite a bit. Especially with some of the more risque wardrobe choices Olive has. But if you can pull your jaws up off the ground & focus on the story, you'll absolutely love it. This really is one of the few movies that has a truly broad audience and one that doesn't fall short of pleasing them all.

If I were give it a rating, I would give this movie a 7.5/10. Perhaps an 8 if I could rewatch this without having 6 chicks yapping in my ear the entire film.

Article by Sphynxx

Video Game Review Book Review: The Hunger Game Trilogy (Written by Suzanne Collins)

Yes, I know what everyone is thinking. �??Hey, this isn�??t a video game, or even a rare movie review! Weren�??t you supposed to review Fable 3 or Assassin�??s Creed: Brotherhood or something?�?� Probably, but around Christmas, I should mention this series. Ideally, I wanted to do this last month, but my love of Fallout sort of blinded me. This was supposed to be a Holiday buyer�??s guide, but I suppose that doesn�??t matter now, so sit back and relax as I review my favorite book series ever that I just recently found.

NOTE: I will try to keep this review as spoiler-free as possible, but I may put some stuff in spoiler tags if you really want to read it.

The Hunger Games

The first book in the series, simply titled The Hunger Games takes place in a post apocalyptic North America. Many years after some disaster destroyed civilization, civilization has rebuilt itself on a smaller scale. This new country called Panem consists of a Capitol surrounded by 13 districts, and each of the districts deals in a different trade. For example, District 4 is the fishing district, district 11 is Agriculture, and District 12 is coal mining. For some reason, we never figure out what a few districts do (5, 6, and 9), which is a bit annoying, but I digress.
The people in the districts are constantly oppressed and taken advantage of by the people in the capitol, and one day, this drives the districts to rebellion. Later, this is referred to as the �??Dark Days�?�. The Capitol easily defeats the districts, District 13 is destroyed, and The Hunger Games are established.
These games, as punishment for their rebellion requires that once a year, a boy and a girl from the ages of 12 to 18 would need to be offered as a �??tribute�?�. These tributes would be sent to the Capitol, and then to an arena where all 24 of them would fight to the death on national television for the amusement of the Capitol, and the utter horror of the districts. The last remaining tribute standing would be showered in money and given an easy remainder of their life, and their district would be given gifts mostly consisting of food, ever scarce in the districts, for an entire year. Designed by the Capitol to keep competition fierce, and hopefully keep the districts from communicating and possibly setting up another rebellion. The games continue for three quarters of a century, and this is where the story begins.
Enter Katniss Everdeen, a sixteen year old girl from District 12. Her hobbies include trying not to starve to death, loathing the Capitol and the Hunger Games, and illegally hunting in the forest outside of District 12. Our protagonist, ladies and gentlemen.
Anyways, on the day of the reaping (The ceremonies where children are picked to enter the arena) Katniss finds herself up on the stage, ready to be shipped out to die for the amusement of the Capitol, next to a boy named Peeta Mellark, a boy she has never talked to, and yet owes everything to. With nothing more to help her than her over-energetic Capitol escourt Effie Trinket and her drunken mentor Haymitch Abernathy, Katniss feels her odds of surviving the games falling away into nothing.

I don�??t wish to go into any more detail because I feel that I�??ll probably spoil some stuff, but needless to say, it�??s an epic tale. You journey to the Capitol of Panem and meet the other tributes, see the tyranny of the Capitol up close, and then, the meat of the whole book, the games. Suffice to say, it�??s an epic story. I suppose the best thing for me personally is the writing. Suzanne Collins is able to very easily put you in the mindset of Katniss, and every decision that hangs heavy on her hangs heavy on you for the exact same reasons. You see everything Katniss sees, you hear everything she hears, and you feel everything she feels. In essence, you are Katniss Everdeen. The writing is brilliant, the plot is interesting and gripping, and best of all, nothing can tear you away from this book. I�??m serious, when I got this book, I believe I had several new video games in my house, but I completely ignored them all because I was so attached to this book. That�??s the power that a good book can have, and I�??m happy to say that this is one of those books. You will sit down and read this book for hours, and you will enjoy every minute of it, and honestly, that makes a book totally worth getting for me.

I�??ve never given a book a score seriously before because it�??s actually quite difficult to do. Because reading a book is so much an experience, and there�??s nothing really material to criticize like in a game or a movie, it all starts to come down to how you took the experience of the book. Because of that, I really can�??t score this book, but if I did, I�??d give it a perfect score. It really is just a hell of a book and an experience that no one should have to miss. It really is a book that can tear you away from other things, and is really a testament to back when books were a main form of entertainment. While I certainly wasn�??t around before the times of Video Games, TV, Movies, and the Internet, this kind of book can really show what sort of gripping writing could keep people coming back again and again. In a nutshell, this would be one of my most recommended books. Go out, buy it, and read it. This isn�??t a �??If you have spare money�?� thing, this is a �??Buy it�?� thing, and trust me, it�??s worth it.

Now, the next two books, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, are also things I�??d like to talk about, however to talk about them would require me to give some spoilers, so if you haven�??t read The Hunger Games, don�??t read either of the following spoiler tags.

Catching Fire

Spoiler:
click to reveal

Mockingjay

Spoiler:
click to reveal

With all that said, I really can�??t recommend this series enough. I�??ve praised it, I�??ve analyzed it, and I can honestly call this the best series I�??ve ever read. Better than Merlin, better than Harry Potter, better than the Brian series, it�??s just fantastic. The whole reason is simply because Katniss Everdeen is simply a great character, and the way that Suzanne Collins writes the story just makes great use of the character. If you find this series at the bookstore, as I�??ve said countless times, don�??t hesitate to buy it. And in closing, I�??d just like to say, Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Article by Imaloony8.0

Graphics & Artwork: Replay

Hello and welcome to this month�??s edition of the G & A Replay, December Edition! This is where I, your friendly neighborhood PBO, display the news, lay out the noticeable tags and members, and play out what happened this month in the spectacular Graphics & Artwork forum!

Graphics & Artwork News:

- Vee provided us with a tag wall from his PR team �??Team Toxic Remix�?�. It�??s pretty sick, check it out here.

- latiasfinder made a great animation from scrap. Check it out here.

- Krow. returned to the forum.

- Members showed off their best artwork in their opinion in this topic.

- Vee started �??revamping�?? previously made signatures.

- Vee and Nick made tag walls for the entire year of 2010. Check it out in the Graphics forum.

- The SuperCheats Graphics Awards ended and three new competitions began at the same time.

Signature of the Week Winners:

Trainer Saphire - Surrealism

Craizen - Smudge

Creation of the Month:

Goes to Craizen.

And my witty comment of the month: It hurts my eyes it�??s so good.

Creator of the Month:

While being consistently amazing with his artwork, being one of the two moderators of the Graphics & Artwork forum, being my best friend on-site, and currently running a Requests Shop with yours truly, this award goes to none-other than Craizen.

Good job dood.

One more thing, the SC GRAPHICS AWARDS RECIPIENTS!!!

~Results~

Best Newcomer: Dagron

Most Improved: Craizen

Best Signature Maker: Vasco

Best Large-art Maker: Layne. And Procrastinator

Best GIMP User: Nic21

Best Photoshop User: Unanimously Vasco

Most active User: v-gamer, Craizen, and peanut butter own age

Most Consistent User: Vasco and Craizen

Best Overall Contributor: peanut butter own age

Best Critique: v-gamer

Best Color Use: Layne.

Most creative artwork: Layne. and Vasco

Best overall artist: Vasco

Most Categories Won/ Graphics MVP: Vasco

And this concludes the longest G & A Replay to date. Come back next month for another Replay of the Graphics & Artwork forum!

Article by Peanut Butter Ownage

Best of the Year

Alright, you have to cut me some slack on these. I absolutely suck at picking topics and other stuff involving the site. If you remember the last time I tried picking out things when I took over for Vasco one month, you all disapproved of my choices. Due to you guys saying where's the Member of the Month, or Best of the month? Well, I brought it back for this one time. There are only three categories. I'd be pretty much ripping off the SC Awards if I did more. If you disapprove, bring me something else, and I'll replace it if I find it better. Here you go, the best of the year:

Best topic of the year: Sloppy Seconds
I'm sure many of you will disagree, but I found this completely hilarious on the greatest troll fail in my life. To troll a troll is with proof, ask for it, and he can't do anything. Act like the troll, but don't do it here :P

Best post of the year: Find one for me

Member of the year: V-Gamer

Give me some creative awards with the person that fits in, and I'll edit it in if you provide. Enjoy.

Article by Superbird5005

Disclaimer

This review was not intended to offend anyone and elaboration was used necessarily for enjoyable reading. Any attempt to re-create/rip this review will cause TestVirus, Volke and Loony to go after you with razor sharp words and, knowing them, quite possibly a baseball bat as well.

The Newsletter Staff

Superbird5005 - Host and Interviewer

Imaloony8.0 - Article Writer

Hatershateme - Article Writer

Stormform - Article Writer

Sphynxx - Honorary Article Writer

Peanut Butter Ownage - Article Writer

TestVirus101 - Editor

If you�??d like to help, please send your application at the e-mail below. Also, regarding the Special Article, we accept the Special from ANYONE. You can just make an article you think it�??s pretty interesting, and send it to us. If it�??s good enough, it will be posted, and of course you�??ll get credit for it.

For the above mentioned, or for further questions, e-mail me at:

superbird5005 @ yahoo . com [remove the spaces]

« Last edited by superbird5005 on Jan 6th 2011 »
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

superbird5005 Posted: 20:51 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950910
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Good Newsletter, other than the Best of the Year of course, that's in the newsletter.

I'm glad the way this one came out, interview was a lot of fun, and glad it was done.
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Xeta Posted: 20:52 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950911
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Vee <3<3<3

Oh and it's just strike, not strikeout.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
InvertAlpha Posted: 20:57 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950915
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
I joined in 2004?

« Last edited by InvertAlpha on Jan 5th 2011 »
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Xeta Posted: 21:00 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950918
Xeta
Beneta
+
InvertAlpha said:I joined in 2004?

Wow you're pretty OG IA!

imaloony8.0 Posted: 21:48 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950952
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Superbird blames me for being late, but I blame Wizards of the Coast for making D&D so damn addicting, Ubisoft for making Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood so damn addicting, and the internet, the biggest time sink since Harvest Moon.

Also, anyone who gets what I was referencing in my intro to the Posting Achievements gets a cookie. And nightmares for a year.

Oh, and I just realized it, but I forgot to finish the Mockingjay review. It ends really abruptly, but since SOMEONE was rushing me, I accidentally forgot to finish it. I'll send the finished copy to his E-Mail and hopefully get it up soon.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Jan 5th 2011 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Xeta Posted: 21:50 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950953
Xeta
Beneta
+
Nope, no idea of whom you're referring to loony.

superbird5005 Posted: 22:04 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950960
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
imaloony8.0 said:Superbird blames me for being late, but I blame Ubisoft for making Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood so damn addicting.

Oh, and I just realized it, but I forgot to finish the Mockingjay review. It ends really abruptly, but since SOMEONE was rushing me, I accidentally forgot to finish it. I'll send the finished copy to his E-Mail and hopefully get it up soon.

I don't blame you for Brotherhood, it's sexy as hell, including the multiplayer<3

But SOMEONE was waiting patiently for SOMEONE's review when it was DONE RIGHT. I still love you though.
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 22:09 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950961
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Good read.

That is all.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 22:23 Jan05 2011 Post ID: 2950969
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
I've sent Superbird the revision >.>

superbird5005 Posted: 06:07 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951035
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
I have revised the Review.
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

balthiersbit Posted: 07:47 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951050
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
well done on your first newsletter as big boy chief.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

TheLlama Posted: 08:11 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951058
TheLlama
Post Likes: 0
+
superbird5005 said:I don't blame you for Brotherhood, it's sexy as hell, including the multiplayer<3

Isnt it just! so happy I got it for xmas Smile

Enjoyed the interview and will proberly return to read the reviews because I can't be bothered right now and need to go the shop.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 08:48 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951072
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Superbird, I asked you to replaced the final paragraph, not the entire final section. I'll send another e-mail...

geezerguy Posted: 11:35 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951150
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
Symphony/Nate came second in the brawl, I came third. :P

Pretty good newsletter guys, loved the interview. Vee <3
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Jirachi X Posted: 12:08 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951194
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
Loony: Slendormanz...

Gotta say, great news letter gaiz =D
I'm gone - bye
Volke Posted: 12:20 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951211
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Good Newsletter, although I still feel that it's missing the special something that 'The Volke Sector' used to supply. Oh well...
v-gamer Posted: 13:34 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951246
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
Thanks guys. <3

And yeah, about the Brawl... When the top 4 was split into two battles to determine the top 2, it was geezerguy vs me (and Nate vs Derek) and Nate and I were the ones to move on to the top 2 - I was saying that Lukie should have instead of me, but oh well. <3 But other than that, I enjoyed the newsletter, especially from reading over the Interview. Smile Good job, Shawn.

« Last edited by v-gamer on Jan 6th 2011 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
hatershateme Posted: 14:15 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951259
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
Great Newletter peoples

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

InvertAlpha Posted: 16:57 Jan06 2011 Post ID: 2951329
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
I didn't join in 2004... (at least according to my oldest activated account...)
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 201309

Post Top
Click to close