Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

It's Just Business.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 22:03 Feb01 2011 Post ID: 2960572
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
(Parental advisory: implied sexual conduct.)

The lamps of downtown Harrisburg cast an orange glow on the dark streets, the only static feature over a row of buildings painted with neon signs and lights, advertising everything from fresh coffee to strip shows. A slight drizzle greeted any of the patrons walking to these establishments, but at this time of night, most were too drunk to care.

Protected from the drizzle by an old umbrella, Steven stood patiently at the corner of an avenue, in front of a shop that sold various adult toys and magazines. Wrapped up in a dark peacoat, he looked anxiously at those walking by, hoping nobody would recognize him.

He wasn't there to buy the latest Playboy magazine, but to meet up with a date he had set via an online service. This date was not arranged by any moral man, but instead was bought and paid for solely so Steven could avoid places like the establishment he was standing in front of.

Eventually, about fifteen minutes after the decided time, Steven was snapped out of his nervous daze by a female voice. He turned to his right to find the source: a young lady, probably in her early twenties, looking at him with the most mysterious look in her cobalt-blue eyes. Her voice rang again. "Are you Steve?"

The man took a moment to absorb the mysterious beauty of this girl, before scratching his neat beard in an act of nervousness. "Er, yes. You're Candy, right?" She nodded in reply, shaking the droplets of rain that were making her straightened locks of blond unruly and frizzied. Steven let out a sigh of relief, before ushering the girl under his umbrella. "Come on, I've got my place ready. You'll be in and out in no time." Of course, reason being was that he was paying her by the hour.

They arrived back at his apartment, and quickly got down to business. Around twenty minutes later, the deed was done. Steven lay back, content with his night. The girl, Candy, lay with a hand on his chest.

"To be honest," he broke the silence, "that was my first time. It kind of makes me a bad person, but my mother set me up on a blind date tomorrow. I figured that if I get lucky, I want to have a bit of experience -- who would be attracted to a thirty-year-old virgin?" He let out a little laugh. Candy rubbed his chest.

"You weren't too bad," her voice was light and romantic; she was obviously good at what she did. He simply grinned and laughed in reply, but something in her voice made him look down at her. Finally, she revealed something that she really wasn't supposed to reveal.
"I... Steve, if I waved the uhm... fee for tonight, could we go on a real date? You're a nice guy, and maybe..." Steven laughed at this, not even letting her finish. He saw her sincerity as simply some sort of joke.

"You're funny! What we did was simply business, and I may even decide to give you a tip! Besides, you're... well, you're not exactly the most pure lady in the world, right? I mean, no offense, but you're not really someone who could be trusted, y'know? I mean, it's your job description to be promiscuous. So, I really just think you're not my type. Besides, I've heard this lady I'm meeting tomorrow is great. She's working hard to get into a college, leaving her with little free time, yet she was sweet enough to make time for me. I can't wait to meet her." Steven digressed further into his blanket of fantasy, a dreamy swirl of thoughts causing his eyes to glaze over.
"She sounds nice..." Candy's reply was just a mumble. Moments later, they both got up and got dressed, Steven handed her a rather nice sum of money from his wallet, and like that, she was gone. Steven thought no more of it; he ate a small dinner and proceeded to sleep like a baby.

The next day, Steven spent most of his time preparing for his date. He got his hair trimmed, shaved his beard, and bought a few nice pieces of formal wear he found on sale. He called his mother at around seven o' clock, and was assured that his date was going to show. He was reminded of the place and time, and, with the vigor of a child about to open birthday presents, he rushed from his apartment complex and outside, before hastily hailing a cab and making his way to the restaurant.

He arrived at the restaurant a little early, but thought nothing of it. He walked inside, confirmed his reservation at a table for two, and was promptly led to his table, nestled quietly in a dimly lit corner. The mood was perfect. There were two red roses in a vase of sweet-smelling water, and two glasses of red wine already poured. His mother really was looking out for him. He smiled a little to himself, knowing his night was going to end very well.

Time passed, and finally, at around nine, Steven saw his mother enter the restaurant, and another figure behind her. He let out a sigh of relief that relaxed him a bit. His mother, who was a rather plump, rich woman, found his table and hobbled over to see him. Her smile wrinkled her caked, rosy cheeks.

"Now, Steven, I know we're a little late, but I wanted to personally introduce you to this lovely young lady. I think she'd be just your type." His mother chuckled and, in return, he laughed a bit too. He couldn't see the girl, for she was standing behind his brick wall of a mother.

"Alright, I'll leave you two be. Steven, meet Candace."

At that, his mother stood aside to reveal a petite girl with long blond locks and blue eyes, which seemed to pierce him in a familiar way.

"Candy?!"

"Oh... hi, Steve."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nightmare2 Posted: 22:12 Feb01 2011 Post ID: 2960576
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Ah such sweet irony you have there. Nice read too, lets see... um I really don't see anything to critize you on. Your speeling and grammar were good. It was well written too. Nice Job Thumbs Up
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Sotek Posted: 15:21 Feb04 2011 Post ID: 2961241
Sotek
Post Likes: 0
+
Hah! I bet he feels like a right tool now!

That was pretty good, even though it was short. About the right length for what it was.

Although in hindsight, Steven seems like a bit of a ****...

Seeing as I now have three short stories posted, I figure I may as well put all of them in my bio, so go there for links to "The Lab", "Daemon" and "Afterlife". Additionally, you should read my fic, The Crystals of Narlkant
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 08:43 Feb05 2011 Post ID: 2961469
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Yeah, I figured broadening such a short thing out would make it boring, so I kept it short and sweet.

And yes, Steven is a mix between a **** and a sappy, pathetic loser.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 19:51 Feb16 2011 Post ID: 2964754
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Oh snap.

Quite interesting, if for no other reason than two sentence sex. I guess he really did want to get it done quickly.

But I enjoyed it. Would this be a one-shot, or the first chapter of more to come?

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 21:19 Feb16 2011 Post ID: 2964793
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
One shot, definitely.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close