Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Football (soccer) General Discussion Thread - Any & All League-based competitions.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
geezerguy Posted: 17:00 May11 2011 Post ID: 3001056
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
Yeah, Bendtner has moments of brilliance, very rarely, and that just isn't good enough. Chamakh was brilliant for the first two months, like you said, but he said he was tired by November and burned out. How can you be a professional footballer and get burnt out by November? It's not acceptable tbh. And I thought Vela was an exciting talent but he hasn't really developed enough :/

I think our defence will be decent next season tbh, when Tommy V comes back, and if Clichy and Sagna stay. Both of them are getting frustrated, especially Sagna. And Koscielny is getting better. Djourou is good for back-up.

Mmmm, I was worrying about this the other day, Tottenham will probably invest quite heavily in the squad, probably bring in a striker and some others. Man City will obviously invest, then there's Chelsea who have said they're spending 100m in the Summer or something. I don't think United will invest too much, maybe a midfielder.

Wenger is gonna have to dip into the money. It's sad because it won't even be that much tbh, our defence is ok now imo, midfield is absolutely fine if Cesc stays (even then Ramsey is brilliant) so we just need a goalkeeper and another striker. It's not much too ask for..
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
bowow Posted: 19:28 May11 2011 Post ID: 3001103
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
Apparently Kaka might be heading for a London team, i.e Chelsea. :L

I'm with you Volke.

If Liverpool invest it'll probably be the odd first team player here and there, I think Dalglish is going to invest in the future of the club. Plus I doubt they'll build a new stadium cause if the owners listen to Kenny then they'll just expand around Anfield.

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
geezerguy Posted: 13:46 May12 2011 Post ID: 3001307
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
If that happened, the centre of their midfield would be..

--Lampard Kaka--
--------Essien-------

/gasp

« Last edited by geezerguy on May 12th 2011 »
superblobby Posted: 08:56 May13 2011 Post ID: 3001547
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
geezerguy said:Mmmm, Chelsea have done well. At the expense of Arsenal..

Good luck with your prophecy about B&H, Rob ;)

And yeah, the relegation battle.. Will probably be the current bottom 3, I think. (Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham) Unfortunately.. I'd rather Blackpool and West Ham stay up, with Blackburn and Birmingham going down. God I hate those clubs.

Blackpool were doing really were at the beginning of the season, played some good attacking football. Not so good defensively though haha XD

... Much like Arsenal >_<

Start of the season I predicted WWW.

West Ham
Wigan
Wolves.

Massive game with Wigan this weekend though?
England; time setters for the entire world.
Volke Posted: 09:37 May13 2011 Post ID: 3001555
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
geezerguy said:Yeah, Bendtner has moments of brilliance, very rarely, and that just isn't good enough. Chamakh was brilliant for the first two months, like you said, but he said he was tired by November and burned out. How can you be a professional footballer and get burnt out by November? It's not acceptable tbh. And I thought Vela was an exciting talent but he hasn't really developed enough :/

I think our defence will be decent next season tbh, when Tommy V comes back, and if Clichy and Sagna stay. Both of them are getting frustrated, especially Sagna. And Koscielny is getting better. Djourou is good for back-up.

Mmmm, I was worrying about this the other day, Tottenham will probably invest quite heavily in the squad, probably bring in a striker and some others. Man City will obviously invest, then there's Chelsea who have said they're spending 100m in the Summer or something. I don't think United will invest too much, maybe a midfielder.

Wenger is gonna have to dip into the money. It's sad because it won't even be that much tbh, our defence is ok now imo, midfield is absolutely fine if Cesc stays (even then Ramsey is brilliant) so we just need a goalkeeper and another striker. It's not much too ask for..

I'd say Chamakh was pretty good at the start of the season, but not brilliant. I don't like his reluctance to shoot unless he's within the 10-yard box (although the fact that his legs seem to be made out of paper and can't even kick the ball very hard sums it up) and never really have been convinced that he was what he needed. I like Bendtner better, personally, although Wenger's idiotic tactic of playing him out wide has really hindered (and apparently frustrated) him this season.

We've desperately missed Vermaelen this season. With him and Sagna in the defence, it will be better, but it's not just the players. As for Clichy, he can go. The amount of goals we've conceded over the past few years that can be traced back to one of Clichy's brain freeze moments (he seems to freeze up, and then his brain is replaced with that of a retarded penguin) is ridiculous. He's good at times, but too unreliable. Better left back please. Koscielny...he has potential, but needs to stop being so rash (and avoid costing us trophies again next season, too). Djourou is good.

Considering everyone's saying that this is the worst Manchester United squad ever under Whisky Nose's management, I wouldn't be surprised if they did invest somewhat this summer. Chelsea will, Tottenham will (although I hope everything backfires for them and they end up back where they belong - the bottom half), Man City will.

Goalkeeper? Szczesny is absolutely fine. A backup goalkeeper...yes. I'd say we need a striker, a centre-half (get rid of Squillaci and replace him with someone who can cope with English football), a left back, a defensive midfielder, a backup keeper and a winger (Arshavin will probably leave this summer, I reckon). And a proper defensive coach, too, who can teach Arsenal the long-lost secret of set-piece defending.

bowow said:Apparently Kaka might be heading for a London team, i.e Chelsea. :L

I'm with you Volke.

If Liverpool invest it'll probably be the odd first team player here and there, I think Dalglish is going to invest in the future of the club. Plus I doubt they'll build a new stadium cause if the owners listen to Kenny then they'll just expand around Anfield.

I doubt it'll be Arsenal.

superblobby said:

And yeah, the relegation battle.. Will probably be the current bottom 3, I think. (Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham) Unfortunately.. I'd rather Blackpool and West Ham stay up, with Blackburn and Birmingham going down. God I hate those clubs.

Blackpool were doing really were at the beginning of the season, played some good attacking football. Not so good defensively though haha XD

West Ham
Wigan
Wolves.

Wolves are a better team than the table tells us. Their lack of a real finisher is what's costing them.
superblobby Posted: 09:48 May13 2011 Post ID: 3001563
superblobby
+
It was start of season predictions, even though I like Wolves, I don't rate Doyle or Fletcher is Premier League strikers.

Who do you reckon have had the best season given their club stature?

I've been impressed with Bolton.
Volke Posted: 10:23 May13 2011 Post ID: 3001571
Volke
Executioner
+
I agree, Bolton have done well, and are certainly among the more likeable teams these days.
geezerguy Posted: 10:34 May13 2011 Post ID: 3001575
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Volke said:
geezerguy said:Yeah, Bendtner has moments of brilliance, very rarely, and that just isn't good enough. Chamakh was brilliant for the first two months, like you said, but he said he was tired by November and burned out. How can you be a professional footballer and get burnt out by November? It's not acceptable tbh. And I thought Vela was an exciting talent but he hasn't really developed enough :/

I'd say Chamakh was pretty good at the start of the season, but not brilliant. I don't like his reluctance to shoot unless he's within the 10-yard box (although the fact that his legs seem to be made out of paper and can't even kick the ball very hard sums it up) and never really have been convinced that he was what he needed. I like Bendtner better, personally, although Wenger's idiotic tactic of playing him out wide has really hindered (and apparently frustrated) him this season.

We've desperately missed Vermaelen this season. With him and Sagna in the defence, it will be better, but it's not just the players. As for Clichy, he can go. The amount of goals we've conceded over the past few years that can be traced back to one of Clichy's brain freeze moments (he seems to freeze up, and then his brain is replaced with that of a retarded penguin) is ridiculous. He's good at times, but too unreliable. Better left back please. Koscielny...he has potential, but needs to stop being so rash (and avoid costing us trophies again next season, too). Djourou is good.

Considering everyone's saying that this is the worst Manchester United squad ever under Whisky Nose's management, I wouldn't be surprised if they did invest somewhat this summer. Chelsea will, Tottenham will (although I hope everything backfires for them and they end up back where they belong - the bottom half), Man City will.

Goalkeeper? Szczesny is absolutely fine. A backup goalkeeper...yes. I'd say we need a striker, a centre-half (get rid of Squillaci and replace him with someone who can cope with English football), a left back, a defensive midfielder, a backup keeper and a winger (Arshavin will probably leave this summer, I reckon). And a proper defensive coach, too, who can teach Arsenal the long-lost secret of set-piece defending.

True, but Chamakh did score a good number of goals for the amount of time he played. But still not good enough he randomly burned out. I rate Clichy but he does make some mistakes, and I reckon Gibbs will become a great attacking left-back, given the right training and development. Wenger will never buy a good left-back if we still have Gibbs XD
Yeah Szczesny is very good for his age but I still think he lacks a lot of experience, and that's what Arsenal need! Fabianski is a decent back-up keeper, I think. Well he's got better at least haha. Mmm we probably will need another winger actually.. So maybe we should invest in Hazard :P

superblobby said:

West Ham
Wigan
Wolves.

Wolves are a better team than the table tells us. Their lack of a real finisher is what's costing them.

superblobby said:It was start of season predictions, even though I like Wolves, I don't rate Doyle or Fletcher is Premier League strikers.

Who do you reckon have had the best season given their club stature?

I've been impressed with Bolton.

I think Wolves will pull through tbh, they're on a good run.

And I agree with Bolton too.

Biggest dissappointment?

Probably Aston Villa imo.

« Last edited by geezerguy on May 13th 2011 »
superblobby Posted: 13:50 May13 2011 Post ID: 3001657
superblobby
+
Hmmm, and Birmingham. I was enjoying Hodgson's embarrassment at Liverpool until King Ken conquered.
Volke Posted: 15:02 May13 2011 Post ID: 3001666
Volke
Executioner
+
geezerguy said:True, but Chamakh did score a good number of goals for the amount of time he played. But still not good enough he randomly burned out. I rate Clichy but he does make some mistakes, and I reckon Gibbs will become a great attacking left-back, given the right training and development. Wenger will never buy a good left-back if we still have Gibbs XD
Yeah Szczesny is very good for his age but I still think he lacks a lot of experience, and that's what Arsenal need! Fabianski is a decent back-up keeper, I think. Well he's got better at least haha. Mmm we probably will need another winger actually.. So maybe we should invest in Hazard :P

Gibbs certainly has potential but hasn't performed well this season. Of course, I blame the constant niggling injuries in the first half of the season, and his very limited game time in the second half of the season. I hope to see him develop, but it's too early to rely on him yet.

superblobby said:Hmmm, and Birmingham. I was enjoying Hodgson's embarrassment at Liverpool until King Ken conquered.

I was hoping Liverpool would completely plummet. Not that I was surprised when they came back, though.
superblobby Posted: 15:11 May13 2011 Post ID: 3001667
superblobby
+
Same, was secretly eyeing up an away fixture at Anfield for the mighty Brighton.
geezerguy Posted: 18:41 May13 2011 Post ID: 3001727
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Yeah, I thought it was quite funny how Hodgson completely flopped.

Kenny's good for them though.

.. Unfortunately.
bowow Posted: 10:40 May14 2011 Post ID: 3001893
bowow
The Lizard King
+
C'mon Man City! ;P

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
geezerguy Posted: 12:08 May14 2011 Post ID: 3001938
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
I wanted Stoke to win :(
Volke Posted: 13:23 May15 2011 Post ID: 3002289
Volke
Executioner
+
Well, West Ham are gone. A total of five teams are still in the danger zone. With the fixtures being what they are, these look to be very interesting games.
geezerguy Posted: 13:31 May15 2011 Post ID: 3002294
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal will come fourth.
bowow Posted: 10:27 May16 2011 Post ID: 3002550
bowow
The Lizard King
+
BREAKING NEWS: West Ham vs Millwall twice a season is the best thing to happen to football since January.

geezerguy Posted: 10:40 May16 2011 Post ID: 3002558
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
bowow said:BREAKING NEWS: West Ham vs Millwall twice a season is the best thing to happen to football since January.

Oh god all hell will break loose.
bowow Posted: 08:01 May17 2011 Post ID: 3002881
bowow
The Lizard King
+
geezerguy said:
bowow said:BREAKING NEWS: West Ham vs Millwall twice a season is the best thing to happen to football since January.

Oh god all hell will break loose.

Exactly. :D

Volke Posted: 11:45 May17 2011 Post ID: 3002989
Volke
Executioner
+
geezerguy said:BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal will come fourth.

Any half-wit could have guessed that.
Displaying Page 3 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close