Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Football (soccer) General Discussion Thread - Any & All League-based competitions.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 6 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
geezerguy Posted: 17:22 Jun22 2011 Post ID: 3025050
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
In my opinion I don't think it would be drastic too lose Fabregas, but it's evident that when he's injured or doesn't play we just aren't as good. Sure we can still win games, but our passing game falls short a bit without him.. If we got a good sum of money for him I wouldn't mind losing him, because we have Wilshere, Ramsey and Nasri who are all amazing players, and with the money from the transfer + money we already have we could bolster the squad immensely. IF Wenger would be willing too :/

I have mixed opinions about him. I mean of course he's a skilled manager, winning the treble with Porto last season and he also has experience with Chelsea from when Mourinho was in charge, BUT Porto was his first major job and I think he could be a little too inexperienced. Especially as Lampard and Drogba are the same age as him XD

« Last edited by geezerguy on Jun 22nd 2011 »
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 05:29 Jun23 2011 Post ID: 3025225
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
While I do think it's worth keeping Fabregas, I don't think he should be captain. The team gets a morale boost when he plays sometimes but he's not a great leader. Personally, I'd choose Vermaelen.

I don't think Nasri is creative enough to fill the gap Fabregas would leave should he depart. Nasri's a great goalscorer on his day, but he doesn't contribute much to other important aspects of the playmaker role, particularly assists. Ramsey will be excellent in the position in the future, but he still needs to regain a little more match fitness before he reaches the level he was at prior to his injury.
geezerguy Posted: 06:07 Jun23 2011 Post ID: 3025230
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Yeah I agree with everything in your post, never thought Fabregas should have been given the captaincy, but it probably made him more willing to stay longer. Vermaelen should definitely be captain as well.. Can't wait to have him in the defence this season.

Nasri definitely can't do Cesc's job, but Ramsey can once he fulfils his potential as he is a very similar kind of player and I can't wait to see what he can do :D
Volke Posted: 14:50 Jun23 2011 Post ID: 3025360
Volke
Executioner
+
Yeah, we've sorely missed Vermaelen in defence this season. Djourou was really good until he dislocated his shoulder, and after he returned from that he was poor. If he can find some form again, I'm looking forward to a Vermaelen/Djourou partnership next season, but I'd still like to see someone come in.

Ramsey certainly has the potential (and drive) to do that. I think he's a potential future captain too.
geezerguy Posted: 17:59 Jun23 2011 Post ID: 3025435
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
We sure have. I'm looking forward to Djourou and Koscielny fighting for a first team place.. Both aren't the full article yet, though. Apparently we're in the market for another CB, which is good if it's a proven player, but will bad for the development of the aforementioned..

And I agree, but I think Wilshere is also future captain material, IF he starts too control his temper a bit better and starts setting a better example off the pitch. He's got a lot of passion and loves the club.

Also I absolutely love how this has basically turned into an Arsenal thread XD

« Last edited by geezerguy on Jun 23rd 2011 »
sphynxx Posted: 18:01 Jun23 2011 Post ID: 3025436
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Anymore Arsenal conversations shall from now be delete. Everyone needs to talk about that team from that place who won that game once Speak to the hand

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Volke Posted: 05:28 Jun24 2011 Post ID: 3025621
Volke
Executioner
+
geezerguy said:We sure have. I'm looking forward to Djourou and Koscielny fighting for a first team place.. Both aren't the full article yet, though. Apparently we're in the market for another CB, which is good if it's a proven player, but will bad for the development of the aforementioned..

And I agree, but I think Wilshere is also future captain material, IF he starts too control his temper a bit better and starts setting a better example off the pitch. He's got a lot of passion and loves the club.

Also I absolutely love how this has basically turned into an Arsenal thread XD

Yeah, Cahill and Samba. Whilst it would be a shame to hinder the development of Koscielny and Djourou, we really need to add more experience into the position. We've been developing this team for too long. If Wenger's going to stay, he needs to stop thinking youngsters with potential and start thinking experience and knowing how to win things.

I agree about Wilshere, pretty much everything you've said. That's why Ramsey comes to mind first with me. He's always been more mature than Wilshere. But those two are the future of our midfield, no doubt. It's so good to see some true British grit in the side.

Yep. Every football thread that ever appears here, or PXE (now that I've returned there, thanks to Xeta's insistence), will be hijacked by the two of us and turned into an Arsenal thread.

sphynxx said:Anymore Arsenal conversations shall from now be delete. Everyone needs to talk about that team from that place who won that game once Speak to the hand

Oh please...
geezerguy Posted: 08:26 Jun24 2011 Post ID: 3025642
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
sphynxx said:Anymore Arsenal conversations shall from now be delete. Everyone needs to talk about that team from that place who won that game once Speak to the hand

Pfft, you'll never stop us. Speak to the hand

Volke said:Yeah, Cahill and Samba. Whilst it would be a shame to hinder the development of Koscielny and Djourou, we really need to add more experience into the position. We've been developing this team for too long. If Wenger's going to stay, he needs to stop thinking youngsters with potential and start thinking experience and knowing how to win things.

I agree about Wilshere, pretty much everything you've said. That's why Ramsey comes to mind first with me. He's always been more mature than Wilshere. But those two are the future of our midfield, no doubt. It's so good to see some true British grit in the side.

Yep. Every football thread that ever appears here, or PXE (now that I've returned there, thanks to Xeta's insistence), will be hijacked by the two of us and turned into an Arsenal thread.

Yeah, but apparently Samba is staying right where he is.. Which is a shame really as he would of been cheaper than Cahill + I think we could do with someone like him in the defence. Cahill would still be good though, if his price isn't inflated. And yeah sometimes you need to sacrifice one thing to get another.

Yeah I guess that's true, I just would of liked to see what would've happened if Ramsey didn't break his leg! Would Wilshere have been played as much? Would he of matured as much as he did? Hard to say but Ramsey's misfortune was definitely Wilshere's gain. And yeah Wilshere and Ramsey and definitely the future of our midfield, I actually get excited thinking about it haha :P And oh yeah the fact they're British just makes it 100 times better!

Yep, that's a deal haha :D

« Last edited by geezerguy on Jun 24th 2011 »
Volke Posted: 09:08 Jun24 2011 Post ID: 3025654
Volke
Executioner
+
Samba himself has said he'd be willing to move should a top club (such as Arsenal) make a move for him. In all seriousness, though, if that's his stance he shouldn't have signed a five year deal with Blackburn in January. Cahill's Englishness obviously ups his price, and so does Bolton's unwillingness to sell. I reckon we'll just buy someone we're never linked with out of the blue (just hopefully not another Sylvestre or Squillaci).

Yeah, that's probably true. I'm hoping to see more of Ramsey next season. Hopefully in the starting eleven, along with Wilshere. If Ramsey gets a full season to completely get back to his old self, and then some, then there will be less of a need for Fabregas.
geezerguy Posted: 09:24 Jun24 2011 Post ID: 3025656
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Volke said:Samba himself has said he'd be willing to move should a top club (such as Arsenal) make a move for him. In all seriousness, though, if that's his stance he shouldn't have signed a five year deal with Blackburn in January. Cahill's Englishness obviously ups his price, and so does Bolton's unwillingness to sell. I reckon we'll just buy someone we're never linked with out of the blue (just hopefully not another Sylvestre or Squillaci).

Yeah, that's probably true. I'm hoping to see more of Ramsey next season. Hopefully in the starting eleven, along with Wilshere. If Ramsey gets a full season to completely get back to his old self, and then some, then there will be less of a need for Fabregas.

Well yeah, he probably shouldn't have done that haha. :P But yeah I doubt Wenger will go for Cahill in the end unfortunately. If we get another one of those terrible players I will actually cry XD

How would they both get into the first 11 though? Fabregas we definitely get in ahead of both of them, and Song is different kind of player and neither of them could take up his role. We'd have to not play Fabregas to get both of them in the team at the same time, unless we changed the formation to something like this:

Clichy----Vermaelen----TV's Partner----Sagna
---------------------Song-------------------
---------Wilshere-----------Ramsey-------------
------------------Fabregas------------------
--------Van Persie---------Walcott------------

Which would probably be alright if we didn't lose players like Nasri by doing this. Of course Nasri can also play in the middle, but still.

Tbh I've looked too far into it but it's only cause I'm bored and had nothing better to do XD
Volke Posted: 09:29 Jun24 2011 Post ID: 3025661
Volke
Executioner
+
Ramsey can also play as a winger, but I agree with your formation - Wenger needs to revert back to using 4-4-2. It's far better that way. I'd rather he bought another holding midfielder too (Song is usually good but is way too hotheaded and we don't really have any other natural holding midfielders).
geezerguy Posted: 09:45 Jun24 2011 Post ID: 3025664
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
He can? o: Never knew that, but I thought Wilshere could as well. Totally forgot about that when doing that formation haha. Agree with the 4-4-2 thing as well, we should definitely go back to some form of 4-4-2, I think it would definitely increase our threat on goal.

I really doubt he will change the formation though, especially with the number of midfielders we have. And yeah we need another holding mid, even if it's just so all the pressure isn't just on Song forthe whole season.
Volke Posted: 09:53 Jun24 2011 Post ID: 3025669
Volke
Executioner
+
Well, according to Wikipedia he can.

Wenger is too stubborn to make any big changes. I think he'll change something (there's so much dissatisfaction with him among the fans that he has little choice), but not the formation.
danzx Posted: 10:18 Jun24 2011 Post ID: 3025680
danzx
Post Likes: 0
+
That formation lacks width, imo, thought I suppose Van Persie or Walcott would drift off towards the wings a little more.

Anyway. Ashley Young to Manchester United. I think he's a really good player, but I can't help but feel bad for Nani, who, overall had a fantastic season.

geezerguy Posted: 19:57 Jun24 2011 Post ID: 3026026
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
It does, and when I posted that I was thinking exactly what you posted, about RVP and Walcott drifting to the wings :P

And I really have no idea why they've brought another winger, they already have fantastic ones in Nani, Valencia, Park and Giggs.. Although I suppose Young is Giggs replacement really..
Volke Posted: 04:39 Jun25 2011 Post ID: 3026256
Volke
Executioner
+
I reckon this will be Giggs' last season. Let's face it, he's getting on a bit in years. Perhaps it is the case that Young is Giggs' replacement.

Young can also play down the centre of midfield, if I'm not mistaken. Besides, I'm sure Ferguson didn't want to risk losing out on someone like Young, especially due to interest from other clubs.
danzx Posted: 12:50 Jun25 2011 Post ID: 3026439
danzx
Post Likes: 0
+
Towards the end of last season, Giggs was one of our best central midfielders. I think Ferguson plans to use Valencia and Young down the wings, Giggs and Carrick down the middle and Rooney in front of them but behind Hernandez. But yes, this will likely be Giggs' last season. It's unfortunate for Nani though, who had such a good season.

geezerguy Posted: 08:44 Jun26 2011 Post ID: 3026936
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Poor Giggsy, probably the only Man Utd player I don't hate.

If that happens I'd be pretty p*ssed if I was Nani.. Especially since Valencia was injured for a long time last season and is seeming to walk straight back into the team even though Nani did so well. D:
Volke Posted: 10:41 Jun26 2011 Post ID: 3026949
Volke
Executioner
+
Yeah, despite Nani's personal shortcomings, you can't help but feel sorry for him (although I still hate him). Maybe Ferguson is anticipating another injury to Valencia? Who knows.

Also, have United signed a new keeper yet?
geezerguy Posted: 14:18 Jun26 2011 Post ID: 3027018
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Perhapssss.

And hmm I don't think so. Apparently they're set on that Spanish keeper De Gea, though.

Oh and apparently Arsenal have beat Palermo to signing an attacking midfielder called Alvarez. Not sure why we'd need another AM, though..

« Last edited by geezerguy on Jun 26th 2011 »
Displaying Page 6 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close