Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Curfews

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
nightmare2 Posted: 07:34 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012669
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
so in various towns, cities, or whatever you wanna call them a thing called curfew is there. Basically curfew is a set time at night in which those under the age of 18 aren't allowed out.

So what I want to know is pretty much what you think about curfew. Think that they should remove it, keep it, its not fair, it is fair, etc... Pretty much your overall opinion of it.
My opinion is that there shouldn't be one at all. Just last night I found out that apparently we got curfew in the town we normally hang out at on late nights. Though being the first friday of june we decided to stay until 1 am but apparently curfew is at 11:30 pm so while we were walking around a police officer comes up to us and starts lecturing about it. Long story short we got sent to police station.
Now we weren't yelling and screaming or being loud and obnoxious in anyway. We were walking around the town and occasionally buying stuff. I think that curfew should be gotten rid of or atleast lower the age to 12 or 13. Something reasonable.

Also try to keep this from getting moved to debate cause it will die.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted: 07:36 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012671
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
As far as I'm aware, there's no "legal" curfew here in New Zealand. Least of all in my city.

I've been out in town at 3, 4 in the morning and spoken to passing cops & they don't care that 13yr olds were out that late on a friday/saturday night. They cared if we were drunk. But if not, we were usually fine & left alone.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Volke Posted: 07:39 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012675
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Nothing here. I suppose it takes away the fun if you're underage, though.
nightmare2 Posted: 07:40 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012676
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Well I know that most cities in America has it and quite a few in England, Germany, and Italy. Not sure about everywhere else but i can't know everything. Lucky for you then. Not sure why they have it. If minors are out past midnite then they probably got a reason and permission from parents. Plus getting various illegal items is pretty easy to do no matter what time it is

Also for some reason a second thread got made so you should probably delete it...
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Cyndevia Posted: 07:52 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012685
Cyndevia
Bane of the Fallen King
Post Likes: 0
+
No curfews in Australia... I think xD
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 08:18 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012691
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
I already deleted the second topic before anyone could even get into it.

Only thing I remember was a curfew we had while living in a massive, rather expensive apartment complex about 10 years back. No-one under the age of 18 was allowed to roam freely after 10:00. I guess it was so no teenagers could trash the complex and degrade property value. I never much minded it, really. Not like I had anywhere to go that late at night when I was only 9.

As for cities, counties, states, or countries as a whole having a curfew, I see no problem at all with it. Keep the young and ignorant in a place where they can do the least harm. Lord knows if my grandparents didn't have me on a leash when I was 15, someone's cat would have gotten blown up at midnight. I was a problem child.
.Impact Posted: 09:37 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012707
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
Post Likes: 1
+
Last time there was a curfew in my country (Philippines) was back during the days of Martial Law. Right now, I can stay out all night if I want, but I'd rather sleep.

balthiersbit Posted: 09:56 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012718
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
I think you should all be made to stay in school 24/7 until your 18, curfew then wouldnt be needed. Evil

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

.Impact Posted: 10:02 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012721
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
+
balthiersbit said:I think you should all be made to stay in school 24/7 until your 18, curfew then wouldnt be needed. Evil

Seriously, you're like my mom xD J/k

Will d (mr ramdom) Posted: 10:12 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012727
Will d (mr ramdom)
*Insert witty title here*
Post Likes: 4
+
I don't have curfew in my town. Well, at least I think I don't. Most kids (some younger then me) are out after midnight getting hammered.
I think there should be curfews to avoid stuff like that, but not stupid ones.

« Last edited by Will d (mr ramdom) on Jun 5th 2011 »

^Sig by SG^

My Team. It's amazing.

Contact me at: [email protected]
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 12:12 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012796
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
Curfews=Bad idea. It's one rule meant to be broken. Although I've never lived somewhere with a curfew. The only curfew I know is our school's hostel.
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:48 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012819
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
I don't think my town has a curfew. I was just out last weekend at like 1 am, and saw no cops. The closest city to me where I go to school has an 11 pm curfew. No big deal. Curfews don't really bother me, not much to do at night when your'e underage anyway.
geezerguy Posted: 14:56 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3012841
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
Hahaha what a stupid idea.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
coachcline Posted: 21:45 Jun04 2011 Post ID: 3013035
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
Curfews are stupid. I know they're in place for peoples' safety, but if you aren't bothering anybody, there's no reason they should force you to stay indoors. I think they should just set a recommended time for minors to get indoors & leave parents to make the rules.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
TheLlama Posted: 05:03 Jun05 2011 Post ID: 3013121
TheLlama
Post Likes: 0
+
balthiersbit said:I think you should all be made to stay in school 24/7 until your 18, curfew then wouldnt be needed. Evil

I second this!

I agree with the curfews because 9 out of 10 times when kids are out late they're up to no good although there isnt 1 in my town and it wouldn't stop any of the kids round here anyway but it might prevent them from roaming the streets at stupid hours in the morning.
IcyAngel Posted: 09:10 Jun05 2011 Post ID: 3013160
IcyAngel
Rest your wings and pray
Post Likes: 5
+
I personally think the Curfew is a good way to keep non-adults safe and lowewr their recklessness thus hindering their ability to do drugs, drink and get into to other forms of mischief
hatershateme Posted: 11:48 Jun05 2011 Post ID: 3013249
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
I think its 9:00 curfew here. Because at 9, sirens go off. I got stopped once, but my friend was 18, so we were fine. But if you do get caught out after curfew, just say your going home, sometimes they will let you go, but rarely they will take you home.

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

geezerguy Posted: 11:49 Jun05 2011 Post ID: 3013251
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
hatershateme said:I think its 9:00 curfew here. Because at 9, sirens go off. I got stopped once, but my friend was 18, so we were fine. But if you do get caught out after curfew, just say your going home, sometimes they will let you go, but rarely they will take you home.

What?! 9 o'clock, seriously? D:

Where do live man?
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
sphynxx Posted: 14:17 Jun05 2011 Post ID: 3013299
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
North Korea?

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 15:24 Jun05 2011 Post ID: 3013329
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
hatershateme said:I think its 9:00 curfew here. Because at 9, sirens go off. I got stopped once, but my friend was 18, so we were fine. But if you do get caught out after curfew, just say your going home, sometimes they will let you go, but rarely they will take you home.

What the fuzz?
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close