Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Bad Teachers

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Traffic Monger Posted: 15:15 Sep01 2011 Post ID: 3058722
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
Post Likes: 0
+
Ever had a bad/bitchy teacher?

I'm posting this because this semester I have two out of four that can't teach worth a damn.

Another thing is, today after I finished my work, she said we had free time so I went to watch Jersey Shore. And while everyone else is on youtube, she locks MY computer haha.

« Last edited by Traffic Monger on Sep 1st 2011 »

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:17 Sep01 2011 Post ID: 3058723
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
School hasn't started yet for me, so I'm not sure about this year. I've gotten lucky though, never really had any bad teachers ever.
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 03:41 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058843
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
Too many to count who all hate me >___>

I've had the same Maths teacher for 3 years now! I have no idea why... I think she arranges that I'm in her class each year so she can torture me or something. D;

My accounting teacher last year hated me with a passion and I was always in trouble with him.

My Life Orientation teacher doesn't know a **** about teaching.

And neither did my Geography teacher last year.

Also just for interest sake, how many subjects do Americans have to take in High School?
Volke Posted: 03:53 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058845
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
I had plenty of bad teachers when I was a kid.

After starting secondary school, though, they generally got better as the years went by.

I have no problem with strict teachers. In fact, I think they're the best kind. But during my pre-secondary school childhood (from age 4 - 11) four out of the seven teachers I had were just plain useless. Thank goodness for the three that weren't.

In University there are no 'bad' lecturers. It's more of a question of whether they use slideshows or not during lectures (as I find it difficult to learn by listening to people) and whether they have a boring voice or not.

« Last edited by Volke on Sep 2nd 2011 »
Glitters the Magical Pony Posted: 06:32 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058858
Glitters the Magical Pony
Wishes Excadrill wasn't Uber
Post Likes: 8
+
We normally take anywhere from 4 to 8 classes a day depending if it's block schedule or not. My school wasn't, and we had 8 periods a day, one of which is a lunch period, but I had mine substituted for Study Hall in the second half of my senior year since I never eat at the school and so I could hang out with some friends :p
Oh, and that's not counting the after-school activities. It was normal for me to get up at 5:30 in the morning, leave for school shortly before 7, start around 7:45, and stay at school until nearly 7 at night, sometimes midnight if it was a Friday and a football game that night. Ya know, with me being in band and all.

^Thank you Z^

Blazblue said:Kokonoe: Any normal player starts crappin' bricks the moment they see you.
Arakune: Ahahaha. Well they toned me down this go-around. I can only manage 9000 damage in a 160-hit combo!

9000 damage equals to 9/10th's of your healthbar. Toned down? o_0
fatassmonkey Posted: 06:45 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058865
fatassmonkey
Some kind of monkey
Post Likes: 116
+
i had the teacher from hell last year this year none so far luckie
TheLlama Posted: 12:02 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058910
TheLlama
+
When I was planning on going back to college for my second year I got screwed over by a teacher who simply didn't like because I never let him get away with all his bullshit during my first year but I started working fulltime the day after and I'm glad I did as college was a waste of time.
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:19 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058918
steelersrock01
+
BURNOUTFREAK said:Also just for interest sake, how many subjects do Americans have to take in High School?

My school has 'block scheduling', so we have two semesters a year, with 4 periods per semester, for a total of 8 classes a year.
In my high school, you need at least:
3 math classes
4 english classes
3 history classes
3 sciences
4 gym/health classes
1 art/music class
1 business/computer class

Usually you take one Math/English/History/Science class a year, and then you have a bunch of free time in your Senior year when your only classes are English and Gym. You can take a bunch or music or computer classes or opt for early release, so every ay is pretty much a half day.

Wow, sorry. Didn't release this was so long. You probably didn't want this much info lol.
Shadowcheater Posted: 12:25 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058920
Shadowcheater
Mr. Tambourine Man
Post Likes: 1
+
Volke said:I had plenty of bad teachers when I was a kid.

After starting secondary school, though, they generally got better as the years went by.

I have no problem with strict teachers. In fact, I think they're the best kind. But during my pre-secondary school childhood (from age 4 - 11) four out of the seven teachers I had were just plain useless. Thank goodness for the three that weren't.

In University there are no 'bad' lecturers. It's more of a question of whether they use slideshows or not during lectures (as I find it difficult to learn by listening to people) and whether they have a boring voice or not.

Agreed with Volke there, I think strict teachers may be tough on the outside, but inside they are honest, at least most of 'em.

But during my primary school days there's this male teacher who can be classified as an asspain. Every time during lessons he'll be switchin' on his pedophile mode and start treating us boys like trash. Even worse he won't give a sh t about us during P.E. I'll never acknowledge him as a teacher, **** no.

After that things went smooth, although this year I had this.. well pretty much a heartbreaker who constantly speaks melodramatic crap in sarcastic style.

Spoiler:
click to reveal

Enter the doors of PXE!

"Paradise is nearer to any of you than the strap of his shoe, and so is the Fire."
Volke Posted: 12:38 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058927
Volke
Executioner
+
Eh? Members can delete their own double posts now?

Your paedophile comment actually reminded me of something. In my primary school, one of the teachers was a paedophile, and was found out and imprisoned during my time there. Thankfully, I was never taught by him (or felt up by him, either).
steelersrock01 Posted: 12:46 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3058928
steelersrock01
+
Volke said:Eh? Members can delete their own double posts now?

Your paedophile comment actually reminded me of something. In my primary school, one of the teachers was a paedophile, and was found out and imprisoned during my time there. Thankfully, I was never taught by him (or felt up by him, either).

On the pedophile thing, my 7th and 8th grade Social Studies teacher was recently arrested.
http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2011/05/lawrence_township_teacher_char_1.html
Before my time though.
Zaltias Posted: 16:31 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3059011
Zaltias
+
I had one particularly stand out incompetent teacher in High School. In Year 10, we had this American English teacher who had only been in the country for a year. She could not teach English for crap and we ended up spending most lessons just watching videos on Youtube. Suffice to say that she was fired at the end of the year.

Volke said:In University there are no 'bad' lecturers. It's more of a question of whether they use slideshows or not during lectures (as I find it difficult to learn by listening to people) and whether they have a boring voice or not.

Objection! You can have bad lecturers in the sense that they downplay particular sides of a theory, or do not completely explain or go into depth about the lecture content. I've got one lecturer for a Political Economics course who is a Marxist. She is biased towards heterodox economics over the standard Neoclassical approach, which in itself is fine. But she glosses over Neoclassical theory and always talks up Marxist theory in a simplistic manner, ignoring the problems with the analysis and ultimately dealing with it on a superficial level.

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
16 - Orbital Command + Supply Depot (2)
16 @100% Marine (1) - Command Center (2)
21 - Bunker (1) + Barracks (2) (3)
Yogi_Bear Posted: 17:01 Sep02 2011 Post ID: 3059018
Yogi_Bear
+
BURNOUTFREAK said:Also just for interest sake, how many subjects do Americans have to take in High School?

I have a nine period schedule with one period for lunch. So 8 classes including band/art/electives. But there are really 5 core classes that most people need to take every year, and most do, which are Math, Science, English, History, and Language.

I haven't had any terrible teachers really. My Global History teacher two years ago, in 9th grade, was pretty boring, a bad teacher. We basically did the same thing every day, and it was immensely boring.
Thanks Craizen

Proc^^
++Pixel Euphoria
tbug2007 Posted: 13:52 Sep03 2011 Post ID: 3059268
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
I have all good teachers this year. Smile

The only possible downside is one of the teachers has absolutely 0 pity.

He's also white, and pretty much the exact opposite of Mr. T in every way, except they're both male.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
fatassmonkey Posted: 13:53 Sep03 2011 Post ID: 3059269
fatassmonkey
Some kind of monkey
+
is that good or bad
tbug2007 Posted: 15:11 Sep03 2011 Post ID: 3059279
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
I have no idea.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
fatassmonkey Posted: 15:15 Sep03 2011 Post ID: 3059281
fatassmonkey
Some kind of monkey
+
...?
TestVirus101 Posted: 20:01 Sep03 2011 Post ID: 3059318
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Zaltias said:I had one particularly stand out incompetent teacher in High School. In Year 10, we had this American English teacher who had only been in the country for a year. She could not teach English for crap and we ended up spending most lessons just watching videos on Youtube. Suffice to say that she was fired at the end of the year.

Volke said:In University there are no 'bad' lecturers. It's more of a question of whether they use slideshows or not during lectures (as I find it difficult to learn by listening to people) and whether they have a boring voice or not.

Objection! You can have bad lecturers in the sense that they downplay particular sides of a theory, or do not completely explain or go into depth about the lecture content. I've got one lecturer for a Political Economics course who is a Marxist. She is biased towards heterodox economics over the standard Neoclassical approach, which in itself is fine. But she glosses over Neoclassical theory and always talks up Marxist theory in a simplistic manner, ignoring the problems with the analysis and ultimately dealing with it on a superficial level.

Do you have lots of graphs in your political economics course?

My regular economics course is pure graphs, I want to kill myself. It's worse cause the guy is Kiwi and I'm not a fan of the accent when it comes to hearing it go on about graph after graph after graph T-T
Volke Posted: 05:24 Sep04 2011 Post ID: 3059397
Volke
Executioner
+
Zaltias said:I had one particularly stand out incompetent teacher in High School. In Year 10, we had this American English teacher who had only been in the country for a year. She could not teach English for crap and we ended up spending most lessons just watching videos on Youtube. Suffice to say that she was fired at the end of the year.

My University is well known for being a very good place to go to for History, where such problems could arise. I've never experienced anything of the sort, though. I guess it just depends where you go.
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 07:45 Sep04 2011 Post ID: 3059409
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
steelersrock01 said:

My school has 'block scheduling', so we have two semesters a year, with 4 periods per semester, for a total of 8 classes a year.
In my high school, you need at least:
3 math classes
4 english classes
3 history classes
3 sciences
4 gym/health classes
1 art/music class
1 business/computer class

Usually you take one Math/English/History/Science class a year, and then you have a bunch of free time in your Senior year when your only classes are English and Gym. You can take a bunch or music or computer classes or opt for early release, so every ay is pretty much a half day.

Wow, sorry. Didn't release this was so long. You probably didn't want this much info lol.

What? o__O I did not understand that at all...
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close