Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Utopia Of Dark - The Last Relic

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 18
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 16 | 17 | Last     Previous | Next
Craizen Posted: 18:58 Oct27 2011 Post ID: 3071870
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
The lead tree spoke once more.
"You have done well, you may pro-" It words were suddenly cut off, as the the zone changed to its powerful, thick darkness again, the key providing the only light. Ziedi once again formed a sphere of light around them.

Ziedi:"What the hell is going on now? It was just happy!"

The tree surrounding the lead one started to swarm and form around, as the lead one spoke, a raspy, but deep, full voice.

"You troublesome few have finally woke up eh? Then again, it takes time to wake up from the fields of eternal rest." There was a pause.

The shadow creatures from before starting to swarm to, combining with the sentry of trees. Ziedi took a step back, unsure and sure at the same time what was about to happen.

"I'll say one thing, it was smart of you to solve the riddle so fast, but remember, you are in my world now. I create the rules. I'll leave you with a gift...but alas, it is hungry."

The lead tree stopped speaking, at itself was absorbed by the mass behind it. It formed, even seemed to moan, as the shapless mass formed on massive tree, about 120ft tall. The shadow creatures foromed several mouths and eyes all over it, all glaring, some moaning. It's thick arms had branchs for hands, the hands having mouths in them too. A few shadow creatures swirled around, nipping at the party.

"Oh, my lord." Ziedi just stood for a moment, mouth agape.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:51 Oct27 2011 Post ID: 3072004
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
"One question. Does the key open the door or kill the monster, since it, ya know, glows?"

Garm, being outside the sphere of light, has put the key into his pocket and has lightning arcing across his bow. His question was merely to get the tree monster's attention so he could shoot an eye with little chance of missing. Lightning can be...inaccurate at times.

"Look at the pretty flashing light and say cheese."
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
ss2teengohan Posted: 13:41 Oct28 2011 Post ID: 3072103
ss2teengohan
Post Likes: 0
+
Edward held out his hand and purple energy began to coalesce there. He directed his hand at the monster, holding back the energy blast until the oppertune moment,
Craizen Posted: 16:16 Oct28 2011 Post ID: 3072151
Craizen
A'ight
+
The monster itself, was outside Zieid light arc, but it close all it's gloqing eyes and mouths, practically vanishing into the pitch black.

Ziedi listened but didn't hear a sound, but felt the slight vibration, and was yelling as he started to leap.

"Move!"

As tight flexible branches spang up for the ground, grabbing at Ed and Garm.
penguinlord352 Posted: 23:36 Oct29 2011 Post ID: 3072570
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm pushed them back with an orb of BPE he formed around himself then dropped through a gap that opened up in between them, using BPE to seemingly fly, though he was actually lying on a cloud of BPE which moved fast enough for him to fly around, using the lightning from Nidhogg to try and figure out where the tree monster was.
"Where'd it go?!"
He is desperately trying to find it, believing he can set it aflame with his electric shots. Garm is also busy trying to focus on cutting any branches that get too close with BPE shockwaves. He is finding it slightly more difficult than usual to do all this.

Craizen Posted: 21:03 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072869
Craizen
A'ight
+
Ziedi started firing of small fireballs. They made contact, but only temporarily made the growing sea of branches slink off. He set his guantlets on fire and started slashing away.

"The dark really plays to the advanted of this thing. Now ho-" he stops short as he is grabbed by a black branch and flung into a nearby boulder, cracking it.

The tree branches cut off at they are sliced by the BPE discs, but slowly start to come back faster, learning the rhythm of how Garm was working. In pitch blackness they form a dream catcher patters and fly at Garm to bat him out of the air. This things was starting to adapt already.
penguinlord352 Posted: 21:47 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072894
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm decides to switch things up a bit and changes his rhythmic countering into random and unpredictable swipes with long BPE whips extending from each finger, appearing to act like an insane or drunk man holding a lot of whips. He wasn't even thinking about what he was doing he just swung at random, but made sure to counter the things he saw coming.

"Can't...keep this up....forever...."

Garm is trying to hold back, as he is unsure of whether his...comrades, for now at least, were in his line of fire.

Craizen Posted: 21:57 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072899
Craizen
A'ight
+
Ziedi groans, a bit dazed. He kicks off the shadow creatures try to start to eat him and gets to his feet.

He puts his hands together and starts to speak. "From the golden skies let it's light shine forth. Blind the world of the glorious phoenix!" He his body glowed as a large phoenix made of light illuminated the area, casting a good radius of everything in a nice light. The dark guardian growled at seeing it, increasing it's attacks two fold, as mulitple fists started to rain from the ground and the air.
AK GMAN14 Posted: 19:07 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073026
AK GMAN14
Thwipster
Post Likes: 59
+
(I've been gone for a while so I hope it's okay if I jump in.)

The ground beneath the guardian suddenly began to crack bit by bit. Faint flames began to show from the cracks before it grew wider in an instant and a wave of fire emerged.

Looks like someone or something arrived to aid this group of misfits.
Craizen Posted: 19:29 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073030
Craizen
A'ight
+
The guardian sprang taller and taller, moving at exponetial rate to escape the flames. Its roots dug under the flaming pit and dug at whatever was trying to burn it.

Ziedi realized this was not in the plans of the guardian, and manipulated the light phoenix to fire a barrage of fire balls at it.

"Just who or what is it now?"

(( I forgot you joined brah. Good to see you.))
AK GMAN14 Posted: 20:08 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073035
AK GMAN14
Thwipster
+
(I'll post here more.)

Suddenly a being is thrown out of the midst of the cracks and flames.

"What the hell!?" yells a confused Hex.

He lands with a crash near Ziedi. Trying to make sense of what's going on he turns to Ziedi.

"Uhh...hey?"
Craizen Posted: 20:29 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073040
Craizen
A'ight
+
This breaks Ziedi's concentration and the guardian takes the lapse to slam an ax shape branch at them. Ziedi grabs Hex and moves him out of the way.

"Hi there. Don't die." He sprints up a branch, extending his gauntlets with fire and attempting to cut up the side of the tree.
Guy117 Posted: 20:32 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073041
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
*Anthas had taken a moment to refocus his magical energy since he had not had a real battle in years. When he was ready his hands began to glow slightly, his right hand dark and his left one light. He then shot a ray of gray energy towards the ground, with his right hand, which caused gray shards of magic to break out of the ground, quickly approaching the guardian. The shards were incredibly cold even colder than ice. Anthas than noticed the newcomer.*
"Another ally?"

« Last edited by Guy117 on Oct 31st 2011 »
AK GMAN14 Posted: 09:06 Nov01 2011 Post ID: 3073110
AK GMAN14
Thwipster
+
"Don't die? Okey dokey."

Hex then decides to join the assualt on the scary tree thing. He holds out his hands and flames emit from his palms.

"Fire in the whole!"

Waves of fire are generated from his palms and speed toward the guardian.
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:14 Nov01 2011 Post ID: 3073236
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm was pelting the roots with lightning fire from Nidhogg as soon as he saw Hex was clear. He noticed the way the thing moved fast when fire came at it from the bottom up. Figuring it might be wise to do the same, he alternated lightning bolts from Nidhogg with his BPE defensive maneuvers, keeping things as random, though also as often, as he could.

"Keep it up, we'll find a weak spot eventually, right?"

He says this mostly to himself, though Zeidi might have heard him say it when Garm last passed by him.

Craizen Posted: 22:47 Nov01 2011 Post ID: 3073239
Craizen
A'ight
+
After dodging a few more quick shots Ziedi took a quick break and thought, taking in the very things Garm had. Judging by the fact it took attacks well at the top but not the bottom, he figured if they could knock it over and stop it for a bit, they had the fire power to knock it in one quick blast. But how do you stop something that can grow on a whim? Then the thought hit him. Ice.

He stepped back and changed the element of his phoenix from light to water, icy goold. Ice was still knew to him, a deviation in the ways of water, but he figured it was better than nothing.

"Guys! I have an idea, this thing looks weak from the bottom up, so we need to knock it down. If anyone is famililar with ice magic, speak now!"
ss2teengohan Posted: 01:00 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073545
ss2teengohan
Post Likes: 0
+
"This is getting out of hand. Lets get out of here." Edwards eyes started to glow purple. Energy engulfed his body. After a flash of light he stood there, all flesh and bone gone. He was a being of pure psychic energy. The glow he emitted was bright enough for them to see all of the trees. They staggered back from the light. "Flayer." he said and shot a bolt of energy into a tree, it seemed to be uneffected, Then all of a sudden, sap started to pour from its eyes and mouth and it collapsed to the ground. The back of the trents body was carved open.
Craizen Posted: 15:02 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073721
Craizen
A'ight
+
The shadow creatures inside screamed at the attack, and in black mass came to engulf Edward. Zeidi scrambled, sending his phoenix over for a snack. But all at the same time was still a little awestruck at the power just displayed by Ed. It was crazy. All of this was crazy to be exact.

"I just want to go home."

It was odd, the split bark was starting to reform, drawing energy and nutrients from the grass below. It had a faint glow though, a space that oddly enough looked like a key hole. Excellent place to hidden, the bark was growing strands and connecting, starting to stitch back together.
penguinlord352 Posted: 15:11 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073722
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm spotted the keyhole and pulls out the key.

"Now or never...."

Garm dives through the air at the keyhole, focusing entirely on evasion and slicing through branches when necessary. He almost made it, but a branch swatted at him from behind and he had to break off the charge.

"Zeidi, I think I know how to beat this thing!"

Craizen Posted: 17:20 Nov03 2011 Post ID: 3073768
Craizen
A'ight
+
"Animate!" Ziedi called the command as the phoenix gained it's own control of itself, and shimmered with icy water. It flew into the mass a shadows gobbling them up. More rose from the zone. The ones not being eaten threw themselves at Ed, almost as cannonballs. The more advance ones began firing off beams at Ed, Anthans & Hex, cutting through fire blasted by Hex, and when combined, even faring against the magic and psychic energy produced by Anthas and Ed. It seemed the tree had let out a distress call. You could her the soft movement of a hoarde coming. Zeidi shivered at the thought. Things were already bad enough.

The guardian tree was getting back up, its stitching almost finished. It was weak though, without it's shadowy filling, it was hollow inside.

"Well spit it out! There are are more of this things coming!"

« Last edited by Craizen on Nov 3rd 2011 »
Displaying Page 4 of 18
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 16 | 17 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close