Your Account
    Log into your account here:
       Forgot Password

    Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

What's missing?

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Jirachi X Posted: 19:19 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072815
Jirachi X
AvatarMember
Posts: 10,223
Post Likes: 2
0
+
fatassmonkey said:not enough girls anyways i out the first one

Well, Video Gaming IS a male dominated sport afterall...
I'm gone - bye
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
fatassmonkey Posted: 19:59 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072835
fatassmonkey
Some kind of monkey
AvatarMember
Posts: 2,808
Post Likes: 116
0
+
well pokemon is diffrent cuzz of the cute pokemon
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
kazualsk8r Posted: 21:21 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072874
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
AvatarMember
Posts: 6,058
Post Likes: 3
0
+
Jirachi X said:
fatassmonkey said:not enough girls anyways i out the first one

Well, Video Gaming IS a male dominated sport afterall...


lol @ sport
"Look at that really small writing in his signature...I wonder what it says..."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 21:36 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072882
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
AvatarMember
Posts: 25,773
Post Likes: 1,020
0
+
Kaz: Me too! XD
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Keyblade21 Posted: 21:45 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072891
Keyblade21
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,800
Post Likes: 323
0
+
1,2,4, and 7.

7 being most of the old members have left like ozzo said.

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Cross Stinger Posted: 21:51 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072898
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
AvatarMember
Posts: 5,822
Post Likes: 41
0
+
Lack of activity, age imbalance (honestly, where did all the GU folk go?), and the fact that we can't get a decent rule page posted without having to wait for Rich to turn away from duties on other VGN sites. And yes, I'd love to have some of the older members back.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Craizen Posted: 22:06 Oct30 2011 Post ID: 3072904
Craizen
A'ight
AvatarSuper Mod
Posts: 8,105
Post Likes: 66
0
+
Anyone remember when Chruser posted for that short week?

Though I did go for more members. Having more people at somewhat active posting rate in multiple timezones would help out the regulars quite a bit.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 04:44 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3072941
Volke
Executioner
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,334
Post Likes: 33
0
+
Cross Stinger said:Lack of activity, age imbalance (honestly, where did all the GU folk go?), and the fact that we can't get a decent rule page posted without having to wait for Rich to turn away from duties on other VGN sites. And yes, I'd love to have some of the older members back.


It's been something like two years since we created that new set of Forum Rules. It baffles me that Rich still hasn't added them, despite several e-mails regarding them.

Craizen said:Anyone remember when Chruser posted for that short week?

Though I did go for more members. Having more people at somewhat active posting rate in multiple timezones would help out the regulars quite a bit.


Chrusher? He keeps popping back every now and then, creating these big topics in SuperCheats Times, but every time he does come back I always think "...who?"


Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted: 05:57 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3072947
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
AvatarSuper Mod
Posts: 10,641
Post Likes: 188
0
+
I chose the video game option.

The vid games forum should be click links in the form of the alphabet and then you just scroll for your game instead of a huge long list of forums.

The other thing is that the majority of the posters in Vid games are Pokemon fans although there are fans of other games here they dont post about them. There are Shin Megami Sensei fans and Dragon Quest Fans and FF fans etc etc but they dont post. This makes me sad, if the fans of others games were more actively posting like they do in other large sites this would up activity.

Thing is that there is little promotion of the vid game forums. Teams used to have a random advertisement of a team. This could be done with forums too.

I could give better suggestions but these are off the cuff. Vid games are dead on a vid game site. We need CPR and fast.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..


Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 11:41 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3072972
Volke
Executioner
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,334
Post Likes: 33
0
+
balthiersbit said:I chose the video game option.

The vid games forum should be click links in the form of the alphabet and then you just scroll for your game instead of a huge long list of forums.

The other thing is that the majority of the posters in Vid games are Pokemon fans although there are fans of other games here they dont post about them. There are Shin Megami Sensei fans and Dragon Quest Fans and FF fans etc etc but they dont post. This makes me sad, if the fans of others games were more actively posting like they do in other large sites this would up activity.

Thing is that there is little promotion of the vid game forums. Teams used to have a random advertisement of a team. This could be done with forums too.

I could give better suggestions but these are off the cuff. Vid games are dead on a vid game site. We need CPR and fast.


You mean put 'Forum' just beneath 'Cheats', 'Hints' and all that? If so, that's a very good idea. Why don't you e-mail Rich about it?


Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 11:42 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3072973
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
AvatarMember
Posts: 25,773
Post Likes: 1,020
0
+
I still feel SC is pretty good, could be very worse.

Just imagine if everyone who has posted in this thread left SC.

I know the site would be at a huge loss just because I would leave. jk XD

I would have to agree with everything Nikki said as well.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
geezerguy Posted: 14:08 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3072993
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
AvatarMember
Posts: 14,016
Post Likes: 43
0
+
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that we're still really strict compared to every other site. Of course this isn't the main reason but everything else has already been brought up.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 15:39 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073008
Volke
Executioner
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,334
Post Likes: 33
0
+
geezerguy said:I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that we're still really strict compared to every other site. Of course this isn't the main reason but everything else has already been brought up.


Our current level of strictness isn't so bad when you consider how much we've improved.


Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:06 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073016
steelersrock01
AvatarMember
Posts: 14,958
Post Likes: 148
0
+
We really can't get much less strict with the few base rules we've got. I think we've gotten really good with relaxing the forums.


Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Craizen Posted: 18:27 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073022
Craizen
A'ight
AvatarSuper Mod
Posts: 8,105
Post Likes: 66
0
+
I dunno. Besides age and language(which I really don't have an issue with the language) I think we are alright. I honest to goodness haven't been in VG forums in ages. And even when I go to look for one I want I can't find one. I always keep coming back to the issue, even if we kept the VG boards simplier, say in broad catergories of FPS/Rail Shooters;Sports/Racing;RPG/Strategy/Puzzle;Platformers/Classic;Early Age It could help, or just seriously confuzzle everyone. And then just set up temp forums for big name titles and tourney's.

« Last edited by Craizen on Oct 31st 2011 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted: 19:19 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073027
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
AvatarSuper Mod
Posts: 10,641
Post Likes: 188
0
+
Volke said:
You mean put 'Forum' just beneath 'Cheats', 'Hints' and all that? If so, that's a very good idea. Why don't you e-mail Rich about it?


Yeah that was one thing I was trying to suggest, I'm not at my clearest after a night shift XD.

Also, if you scroll down here
http://forums.supercheats.com/forums.php?cat=3

All the games forums are listed in alphabetical order. So if I was to look for The Sims2 I would either have to scroll down to where it is or do a search. What if that page had the console forums then underneath A through to Z as links for the games? So all I would do is click S then I would find all the games listed under S. It could be even shorter. ABC, DEF, GHI etc.

That way it's easier for members to find the games they are looking for to post in.

Or was the 1st thing you liked a better option??

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..


Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nuclear distruction Posted: 22:13 Oct31 2011 Post ID: 3073054
nuclear distruction
AvatarMember
Posts: 4,720
Post Likes: 0
0
+
I just think no one visits the site like they used to. I know most people here first came for the cheats, and then discovered the forums. Now not many people look up cheating websites. Youtube has all the help you could really need. Sure old members have left, but if the site got more traffic, new ones would fall in their place. Video games have evolved since the PS2 where there were codes for infinite cash, and that was what gave this site its popularity a few years ago.

I still like it.


avy- Neko | sig- .Impact
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 05:48 Nov01 2011 Post ID: 3073087
Volke
Executioner
AvatarMember
Posts: 9,334
Post Likes: 33
0
+
balthiersbit said:
Volke said:
You mean put 'Forum' just beneath 'Cheats', 'Hints' and all that? If so, that's a very good idea. Why don't you e-mail Rich about it?


Yeah that was one thing I was trying to suggest, I'm not at my clearest after a night shift XD.

Also, if you scroll down here
http://forums.supercheats.com/forums.php?cat=3

All the games forums are listed in alphabetical order. So if I was to look for The Sims2 I would either have to scroll down to where it is or do a search. What if that page had the console forums then underneath A through to Z as links for the games? So all I would do is click S then I would find all the games listed under S. It could be even shorter. ABC, DEF, GHI etc.

That way it's easier for members to find the games they are looking for to post in.

Or was the 1st thing you liked a better option??


Uhh, both, I think...

I've only been awake for three hours, though. Maybe I'll get back to this later.


Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

link removed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted: 07:06 Nov01 2011 Post ID: 3073091
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
AvatarSuper Mod
Posts: 10,641
Post Likes: 188
0
+
The human brain only needs 2 hours to be fully charged and ready for business hahah, unless of course you are hungover?!

I sent Rich an email about the 1st suggestion, awaiting response watch this space!

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..


Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Vasco Posted: 08:48 Nov01 2011 Post ID: 3073105
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
AvatarMember
Posts: 28,454
Post Likes: 7
0
+
I think you're ignoring the competition out there and the fact that this is happening on most forums. "General" Forums like this one are all disappearing, and there's not much (if anything) you can do to stop it.

Let me give you a couple of examples: if I want to talk about designing, I won't visit our forums - instead, I'll visit graphics-related forums, where I'm much more likely to find people with similar interests. If I want to talk about Team Fortress, I'll go to a TF2 Forum where people know much more about it, and not SC. If I want to discuss music, I'll visit one of the hundreds of sites out there focused around music, and not our small Music Forum.

Most people stopped visiting a single forum a long time ago, simply because there are much better offers for each genre out there. "General" Forums don't really have much to offer anymore.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.
Sign Up Register for free.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close