Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Whats Christmas again?0_o

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Alana|D Posted: 21:26 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081064
Alana|D
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Post Likes: 400
+
I keep hearing on the radio about this "holiday"! No joke Christmas's name has been changed to "holiday"!0_o
I was going to Walmart and the sign said "Come and get your holiday presents here at Walmart"!
I know some religions dont believe in Christmas but most people do. Why is the government changing our traditional CHRISTMAS holiday? It really makes no sence!-________-
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 21:30 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081067
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
We haz 2 b politicully currct.
Axionas Posted: 21:31 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081069
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
Forgoten_Scars said:We haz 2 b politicully currct.

Alana|D Posted: 21:37 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081071
Alana|D
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Post Likes: 400
+
Pshht! I dont care, they need to stop!

« Last edited by Alana|D on Nov 30th 2011 »
Axionas Posted: 21:40 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081072
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
+
It'd be nice to see them do too but since everyone has different religions they have to say Holiday. So not to offend anyone who celebrates differently during the same month....if that sounds correct
Xeta Posted: 22:04 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081078
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Right, let's just say **** off to all Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, and every other non-Christian religion.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Keyblade21 Posted: 22:31 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081089
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
I started a topic about this in D&D and had some pretty good replies.

sphynxx said:Honestly, who gives a crap.

Two words should not make an ounce of difference. If the thoughts & feelings behind them are of happiness, peace & what have you, then what difference does it truly make if someone greets you with "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays"? they both signify in some way a person wishing you peace, happiness, good holiday spirit etc.

Some people will never be happy unless EVERYTHING is their way. And even if it were, they'd complain that other people don't like it D;

Volke said:There was a big thing in the UK going on about this last Christmas. Migrants of ethnic minorities were whining about how 'Merry Christmas' should be replaced by 'Happy Holidays' because there is no religious value in the term 'Happy Holidays'. However, Christmas is a Christian holiday, and the UK is a Christian country. So, not only should these people not be celebrating Christmas to begin with, but they're in a Christian country telling us to remove the religious value from the most important holiday of our religion.

That's what I don't like about some migrants. They march into our country acting as if they own the place, and expect us to respect their beliefs and cultures when they're not respecting ours. Plus, the government is too nice to them regarding these issues.

In my old school, which is Catholic, they apparently banned the handing out of cards that said 'Merry Christmas' on them - they only allowed cards saying 'Happy Holidays', or anything to a similar effect. Ludicrous! And in a Catholic school, of all places!

The only real counter-argument is that religion isn't really that important anymore, but I believe that we should remember the religious meaning behind the holiday.

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
Ju Ju Man Posted: 22:35 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081091
Ju Ju Man
Post Likes: 3
+
I'm atheist(sort of) and I celebate Christmas, I've got a Jewish friend who also celebrates Christmas (and Hannukah). I don't have a lot of experience with other religions, but I have a feeling that they're not saying Happy Holidays in Iran or Germany or Asia.
I think people should just say Merry Christmas, I mean, it's obvious that's what Happy Holidays means, you don't see Wal-Mart selling menorahs. If you wanna say Merry Christmas, go ahead, if you wanna say Happy Quanza, go ahead. I just think they should say what they mean, be it Christmas, Quanza, Hannukah or Explosion Day.
Honestly, do people have anything better to do than gripe? Who the hell cares anyway?
Want to help a brother out? Click Here and hit "Start Generating"!

"Argh! He's not gonna get away with this!"
Warrior13 Posted: 22:48 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081098
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Alana|D said:Pshht! I dont care, they need to stop!

I totally agree!

You need to watch the American Dad were Stan freaks about this same thing. XD
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 22:49 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081099
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Ah, I remember that episode. Didn't he end up going to the past or something?
exploding typhoon Posted: 23:21 Nov30 2011 Post ID: 3081101
exploding typhoon
Grammar strict policeman.
+
Ju Ju Man said:\ Explosion Day.

Do I get my own holiday now?

Oh, I feel special indeed. :3
"We are men of action, lies do not become us." - Westley

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

I wanna spin around on a 45.

Hyperfox Posted: 03:54 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081127
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
Post Likes: 41
+
Xeta said:Right, let's just say **** off to all Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, and every other non-Christian religion.

Jirachi X Posted: 04:37 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081128
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
Hyperfox said:
Xeta said:Right, let's just say **** off to all Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Hindus, Buddhists, and every other non-Christian religion.

I'm gone - bye
TestVirus101 Posted: 05:43 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081129
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Who the **** cares?

If you care so much about it being "merry Christmas" screw you, it really doesn't matter what it's called - it's a holiday season, enjoy it. If you care so much about people "taking away our religious beliefs" - thereby implying most people celebrate Christmas for religious reasons, screw you too.

[/offend everyone]
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 08:32 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081146
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
Firstly Alana, it wasn't renamed to Holiday's it was just decided that the word "Christmas" shouldn't be used commercially to promote products or services(as far as I see it). It's been like this for quite some time actually, I think Jeff Dunham talked about it in one of his performances as well.

Secondly, as a Christian, I see nothing wrong with it. They're simply respecting other religions.
Volke Posted: 09:16 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081150
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Ju Ju Man said:I'm atheist(sort of) and I celebate Christmas, I've got a Jewish friend who also celebrates Christmas (and Hannukah). I don't have a lot of experience with other religions, but I have a feeling that they're not saying Happy Holidays in Iran or Germany or Asia.
I think people should just say Merry Christmas, I mean, it's obvious that's what Happy Holidays means, you don't see Wal-Mart selling menorahs. If you wanna say Merry Christmas, go ahead, if you wanna say Happy Quanza, go ahead. I just think they should say what they mean, be it Christmas, Quanza, Hannukah or Explosion Day.
Honestly, do people have anything better to do than gripe? Who the hell cares anyway?

Ju Ju Man said:in Iran or Germany or Asia

Ju Ju Man said:Germany

Have you ever been to Germany? In fact, do you even know anything about it other than ZOMGDEYWUZDABADGUYSINWW2?

Germany is a Christian nation, and are widely renowned for their famous Christmas markets (more commonly called Winter markets, I think). So, I'm sure they're saying both "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays".

Germany is pretty awesome.
Warrior13 Posted: 12:11 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081166
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Forgoten_Scars said:Ah, I remember that episode. Didn't he end up going to the past or something?

Yes, he did. XD

That episode was the first thought that came to my mind when I read the first post.
Dark Breloom Posted: 14:19 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081182
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+

Well, the business's already do that. I find it it hilarious how everyone is advertising there "Christmas Specials", not "Holiday Specials".
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:13 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081187
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Eh, two words don't make a difference to me. If you want to say Merry Christmas, say it, if not, then don't. No big deal.
pwnthemonkeys Posted: 15:20 Dec01 2011 Post ID: 3081188
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
+
Alana|D said:I keep hearing on the radio about this "holiday"! No joke Christmas's name has been changed to "holiday"!0_o
I was going to Walmart and the sign said "Come and get your holiday presents here at Walmart"!
I know some religions dont believe in Christmas but most people do. Why is the government changing our traditional CHRISTMAS holiday? It really makes no sence!-________-

It's not really the government doing that since the U.S. government doesn't run/own the markets. Don't forget, there are two other holidays being held in the same month. Also every market doesn't care if it changed the wording, they want your money and if they will try to get everyone to buy stuff from their store. If they said "buy your christmas gifts here at walmart!" maybe the people that celebrate the other holidays will decide to screw that place and take their money some where else.

Out of context, that might be the most offensive and ignorant thing I've read on this forum. In context it's still a pretty ignorant thing to say, because you're implying that Christmas is a Christian/Catholic holiday when it originally was a Pagan holiday in order to celebrate the winter solstice.

If anything the only people that should care are the ones who are Pagans for having their holiday become some other religions holiday and then have the holiday no longer be about religion and just be a capitalistic holiday.
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close