Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Forever - The Endless World [RP]

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 13 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous
nightmare2 Posted: 14:00 May26 2012 Post ID: 3114744
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
((come up with? Already had something))

"Asked it some questions regarding the person I am searching for, nothing that is your business really. I assumed he was knowledgeable but it would seem he knew nothing pity... if you got any questions you can fire away. And don't worry Thistle nothing scary bought it. It can talk, just like any normal person, cept for the gaping wounds and all that."

Night smiles reassuringly at Thislte and Yurnio, both who seemed afriad of it to some degree, he couldn't blame them either seeing as it freaked him out too. Though his reasoning for being scared branched off from being more knowledgeable about necromancy than the rest of them.

"Hang on lemme get it ready for any questions you have for it. Dravoki na lucta mernia."

The dead assassins twitches slightly then opens and closes it's mouth. Night attempts to smile at his success but ends up just grimacing at it.

"Sure you can get some good answers from it, hopefully will know more about what you want to know than it did for me."

((Right so you can control it's answers and all that.))
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
1 : 2 Posted: 05:27 Jun01 2012 Post ID: 3116347
1 : 2
Post Likes: 0
+
Geoff turned back to Thistle as she winced once and closed her eyes, lips quivering, from the corpse's new motion but turned back to the reanimated dead man just as quickly. Once he sees that Night has no further action, he opened his mouth to speak. He considered the fact that the assassin leader was too confident not to bind his underlings to silencing magic for asking questions directly to work, but then again, Night sounded like he's already asked the corpse questions. Maybe he was strong enough that he trumped any possible magic that could've been placed on the assassins. There were a thousand and one questions that besieged him at that moment, but he chose to focus on the ones he would direct to the assassin instead.
"What were your aims?" Geoff asked as a starter. His eyes remained half-opened, almost lazy to some, but still carrying the strong and resolute look. The group stopped with Yurino's halt. At that time, she chanced a glance into Cyrus' eyes. That's all of them, thought the girl.
The corpse gawked lifelessly before the mouth moved again. "Assignment notices... objectives were the young man... carrying the 'lost' object... If possible, capture... If not, kill... Priority was... the object. All costs... In Shukusai... second assignment... not... revealed... " spoke the corpse in a living person's voice, but raspy and dry. It tempted Thistle to open her eyes, but she quickly regretted it, and closed them back. Yurino caught the second assignment mentioned by the dead man, and gave it some thought. She was still too naive to see it all, but not Gen and the other five.
"Who was it that hired you?" Geoff asked further.
"Contract... fielded through word of mouth... Reached... nest... last week..."
"That's all? What are the specifics? Who fielded the contract firstly?"
"He... arranged for... contact with leader... as requested... met at tavern, Aqua De... Vida... He... recognized as... man... of snow... He was-" before he could continue, the corpse started to shake before scorch marks in the shape of squares, as though it had been trapped in a blazing net, appear throughout the corpse's skin, and the next moment, the corpse disintegrated into ash.

Gen pulled back the hand that he had held pointed towards the reanimated corpse just now.
"That is long enough. The arts of necromancy do not fit with the laws of this world. Among its many consequences... Should you ever join the dead... those that you've forced back into the world of the living... They'd want to find you, and their wrath and rile is only matched by that of those that preside over them... And they certainly don't get more happier with each moment that passes. I believe you already know that, correct, boy?" Gen spoke that last word more pronouncedly, for a myriad of reasons, but mainly in that he knows the boy wasn't really a boy.

Geoff turned to look at Gen with short-lived spite. "I'm sorry, Night, but it looks like I wasn't able to get much either. Thistle, you can let go now. It wasn't even a ghost to begin with." he said, shoving Thistle's hands off him, but gently. He turned back to the others, as if telling them to move on now.

penguinlord352 Posted: 22:45 Jun01 2012 Post ID: 3116603
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
"Well, now that the corpse has burnt itself out and we've all learned a little bit about something most people don't want to even associate with, shall we continue on with our lives and deal with the whole 'thought provoking implications' bit so many people just love to bring up in these situations later on? Maybe when we're indoors?"

Garm is trying to help Geoff out by prompting everyone to move with a calm, gentle tone of voice. He isn't seeking to cause any issues, but he also doesn't like to dance around a subject when speaking about anything, unless it risks Erika's safety to be blunt and honest about something.
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
nightmare2 Posted: 21:06 Jun03 2012 Post ID: 3117093
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"I already said my necromancy is different didn't I? Anyways I not gonna die anytime soon so why should I care, Mevsci Na Roik?"

Startled by the sudden disinegration of it's meal the Raven squaked louding and flew off, Night frowned and watched it go. On the other hand he no longer appeared tired, instead he looked refreshed like just waiking up from a nap.

"Nevermind that then... now you scared of my pet. Pelvra di."

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
1 : 2 Posted: 12:20 Jun05 2012 Post ID: 3117365
1 : 2
+
Gen struck a light smile, amused, and glanced at Garm.
"I beg to differ, my friend, on two of your terms." he spoke, as the group comes in full pause, and he finds their time growing shorter. "But I guess a certain student of mine has never liked being a member of the common majority." he looked over to one of the hooded figures, who shifted at the beginning slightly, all the while keeping his smile. Almost unexpectedly, a female voice that seemed to come from under the clothing burst out in an irritated tantrum.

"It's not fair, that's what it is!" the figure shifted again, and her hood began to slide. "You got to grasp the arts when you were about my age, didn't you teach? Why won't you just pass what you learned on to me?" she asked, her hood shifting ever closer to the point of falling down by each spoken word. The tone of her voice was clearly of irritation, but it had been upped somewhat.
Gen closed his eyes and lowered his head slightly, a sign of acknowledgement of some sort perhaps. "It was a mistake to have learnt what I did. Trust me, Kuroki." he replied. "To have to resort to acting... You have strange ideas, Deuce." he thought, and because of such thought he wasn't able to catch the keen eye that had observed him and his cohorts since conversation between mentor and student broke out.

"That's all, then? What's the second thing you thought passed on different terms?" Geoff suddenly asked, breaking up their pace. His hand instinctively drew around the golden hilt hung by his wrist. They'd been acting strange ever since the corpse died. Too passive, and there were no longer any talk of the sacrifice tomorrow. "Well?" Geoff pressed, to which Gen opened his eyes slowly and looked to him, but remained silent. The air suddenly changed.
"That... You see, a return to the rest house at these times should be greeted by tranquil rest, hence why it's called a rest house. Only sleep alone will do." Gen replied. The hood of the girl known as Kuroki had stopped shifting.
"You aren't making any sense that I can follow... I don't like that." Thistle remarked. "Get to the point."

To her surprise, Gen held his hand out in front... and his sword's sheathe formed in his hold.

((to be honest, these kind of 'puzzling' scenarios for you guys are new to me))
((hope you guys guesses right what this all means, more to come))

penguinlord352 Posted: 13:52 Jun05 2012 Post ID: 3117378
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Ah, I see your point Gen. A rest house is a place meant for peaceful recuperation of both mind and body. It is not the proper place to plan for a hunt, especially one such as mine. Correct? If that truly is the case, then the night sky will make a wonderful ceiling for the duration of this violent chapter in our journey. Unless you have other plans or ideas? The town is out of the question, obviously. They hate a few of us there as much as those poor scapegoats that the village intends to sacrifice."

Garm doesn't react to the sudden turn of events other than shifting his hold on Erika and slipping his feet free of his sandals. A precaution, but a clear sign that he is ready to flee or fight if need be. But only if need be.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Jun 5th 2012 »

nightmare2 Posted: 19:23 Jun06 2012 Post ID: 3117729
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Stupid people sleep get have to..."

His grammer having changed significantly showed Night's irratation which he had kept out of his voice and hidden from his face. Something Night had a tendency to do when he was annoyed or angered was revert his grammer back to how his first language was spoken. Though Night himself had a vague idea that this Gen guy was not actually talking about the same sleep Night was irriated about but possibly a more permenant one. However as he was unsure he kept calm and tried to show himself as blissfully unaware of any possible developing events.

"Generally would I assume that it's name was pretty obvious. So unless you think we are all are not familiar with such words then I not see reason for explaination... hang on. The I see not reason for explanation... nevermind you get my point."

Yogi_Bear Posted: 10:41 Jun16 2012 Post ID: 3120647
Yogi_Bear
+
Fheren drew his bow and notched an arrow to it, drawing the string back when he saw the late assassin approach them. He was an instant away from releasing an arrow into the breast of the dead Majin until Night said something about it. He lowered his weapon and gazed at the thing reproachfully until it disintegrated. He knew that wasn't normal, necromancy they called it. He raised an eyebrow at the man called Gen as he began speaking of the rest house, unsure of what he was talking about.
Thanks Craizen

Proc^^
++Pixel Euphoria
penguinlord352 Posted: 17:44 Jun16 2012 Post ID: 3120727
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"I assume this is also to protect the princess from getting involved somehow? Well, even if I'm wrong on that, it would be best not to plan such things around the royalty of the land in which the prey is revered. It would look quite bad, politically speaking. We'll go no further if that is what you are asking of us. However, I cannot abandon the hunt. Once one of my kind decides something is prey, we hunt it without hesitation. Unless, of course, it needs time to grow in population to avoid being wiped out. So, if this is indeed where we must part ways, I would prefer we do it on friendlier terms than hostilities would permit. And I would like it if any who shall join me in this hunt follow me in this decision. Is that acceptable, Gen-san?"

Garm added the one honorific he knew in the native language of the area to show his sincerity. Though he might be more beast than man, he was still a sentient being. Any disrespect towards one who had recognized him with honor rather than digest deserved at least a polite and friendly parting. Any other Animus would agree with him on that point. And due to his genetic issues, that said something.

Craizen Posted: 13:35 Jun17 2012 Post ID: 3120872
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
"I detest politics, wonderful in theory, a failure due to the twisted ambitions of the leaders and the group mentality they are forced to to conform to. An evil necessity to keep order. Though I admit, not all leaders are like, some quite the opposite."

He paused for a second, thinking about what Garm was proposing and making sure he stood by what he had just said. Order, not peace. That was deliberate.

"In this case I see no real benefit in us splitting, more so if Garm here stays solid to his words, which I am sure he will. In dealing with such ancients as this, and the slaying of them, you need time for people to adjust to see the positive. Time that takes years, and something that takes more time than we have been afforded. I see the simple solution in slaying the beast and in tandem affording Princess Yurino with a positive to provide to the people from it, solving both problems, and keeping things in order. Now, the means to both these ends, is where things may or may not become murky."

He stopped there, his say done. He didn't really care about the undead, he had seen a lot of twisted mind tricks in his day from his kind. He's seen what a direct touch from a powerful kindred can do. You would wish for that fate. At least your dead.
penguinlord352 Posted: 16:21 Jun17 2012 Post ID: 3120904
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Thanks for the support. Order is indeed easier to keep than peace. True peace at least. Peace of mind, peace of heart, etc. However, I do disagree on the point you made of not splitting. It is risky, in terms or maintaining order and peace of mind and heart amongst the people, to be seen fighting a revered creature if your duty is to serve one of the royal family. That could cause unrest in the hearts and minds of the common folk and lead to serious backlash if it builds up or any rebels decide to fan the flames of distrust and resentment. It is far better for outsiders to be seen committing such an act and them being chased out by the royal family's retainers. Of course, none of this is anything but conjecture. I cannot claim to have any real political knowledge of the state of affairs of the nation we now stand in."

Garm had made it clear that he believed that the 'us' to which the kindred had referred was the current group, including the princess, Gen, and the other royal retainers.

nightmare2 Posted: 16:40 Jun18 2012 Post ID: 3121263
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Depends what your definition of peace is; a utopia will never be possible without taking away the people's freedom. However simple peace with order is easy to obtain provided the one in charge is free of corruption and those they lead are innocent as a whole."

Still calm and relaxed Night wondered how much sway Princess Yurino had over the decision Gen was making. If he was thinking of attacking them then surely he must know that the Princess would deny him that, as she had shown a love of peace already. Though he did take a few steps back away from Gen and the other guards.

"Splitting up sounds fine by me, you take the Princess to somewhere safe while we head off on the road on our own and find someplace to rest where there aren't angry townspeople or giant centipedes. And I am sure as far as this hunt is concerned one can continue it later, much later in the future after lots of time has passed."

Only somewhat true, Night was perfectly okay with the splitting up part but was not okay with the waiting to continue the hunt later. From what he learned and knew about beasts already Night could determine that waiting would not improve the situation. More and more sacrifices would be required and Night knew that the two being sacrificed held important information that Geoff needed. Seeing as Night was travelling with him it wouldn't do him much good if that information was lost.

penguinlord352 Posted: 18:28 Jun18 2012 Post ID: 3121275
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Careful Night, your words are showing your true age. But he makes the point even clearer. Unless you intend to attack us, Gen-san, I would prefer to part ways in peace. Is this agreeable?"
Garm can't think of any other point to make that would cause the issue to dissipate peacefully, or rather, orderly. He has said his part, and now it all depends on Gen's reaction to their collective verbal agreement.

nightmare2 Posted: 21:29 Jun18 2012 Post ID: 3121289
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"True age? No I just happened to spend alot of time around politicians and royalty not unlike Princess Yurino here. Anyways I see know difference with youth or age in this matter or any matter for that. Think carefully on your decision Gen and do not take us lightly; I believe as a guard to your princess currently your most important duty is her safety is it not?"

Any previous dislike Night had for Garm was now gone, though he did dislike his mentioning of his age. As to keep himself appearing friendly Night kept himself at a relaxed stance with both hands resting at his sides while awaiting Gen's response.

penguinlord352 Posted: 21:43 Jun18 2012 Post ID: 3121290
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Hey now, don't make it sound like you're threatening the princess Night. I know that wasn't your intention, but please, keep the wording in mind. What you meant was that our actions are of less concern than the princess safely reaching the rest house should be to Gen-san, correct?"

Garm is trying to cover for Night here, since he is, in fact, worried about the possibility that Night's loyalties can switch like a coin flipping. He doesn't know him all that well after all.

Displaying Page 13 of 13
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 11 | 12 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close