Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Reality-The World [RP]

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 33
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 31 | 32 | Last     Previous | Next
nightmare2 Posted: 21:03 Feb28 2012 Post ID: 3097325
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
"One step... don't even wanna think about the rest of the steps there."

Morte looks down at Evanescent's hands not sure how to do any healing magic himself, had yet to figure out how exactly he did that.

"Should probably wrap those up in a piece of cloth, stop the bleeding and all that. Oh and thanks for killing that annoying spider... creepy I swear it is still twitching."
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Guy117 Posted: 21:47 Feb28 2012 Post ID: 3097352
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
Raphael was training with his longsword and also doing target practice with his pistol. He was also trying some more acrobatic maneuvers such flips and also practiced a bit of hand to hand in another game he had. He really wanted to be sure he was ready for Reality. He then set up the game and was good to go.

"I sure hope this game isn't overrated or something."

He plugged himself in and after a few moments appeared in the onyx room.

"Well at least it is not bugged."

He looks around noticing the fact that there were no other players around. He had played other virtual reality games but this never happened to him before.

"Where the hell is everybody?"
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:23 Feb28 2012 Post ID: 3097368
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
A holographic image of a man in a black cloak appeared in the center of the room, next to a big set of white double doors. Garm Plasmal, Chief Admin.

"Welcome to Reality. I am Garm Plasmal, the Chief Admin and most veteran player of Reality. This is the safe zone of The Labyrinth. I'm afraid all NPC shops are closed temporarily due to the...special event...that is going on right now. You see, to keep the numbers of new players from exceeding the capacity of this area, we have a monthly level grind where we force all players who cannot leave this area to fight until they are level three. At level three, you can go through this door to the capitol city of the main part of Reality. I will be warping you directly into a danger zone where a group of players who will henceforth be you allies are currently in battle with trolls. As an apology for making you join them so suddenly, I'll grant you one Boss rank monster defeat. Four more, and you gain level two. Do be careful. Even weapons experts sometimes hurt themselves at level one. You'll find out soon enough. Good luck...and don't forget to try the food when you get done. It's exquisite. Especially the sea food. Oh, I really do hope you make it through to Aquae before you log off."

The sound of thirty-six sets of fingers snapping simultaneously cancels out all the light visible to Raphael and suddenly he is beside Morte and Evanescent, in the middle of the crossroads where the one troll-ridden spider with its rider were still running about preparing to attack. The big troll and the other two smaller trolls were dead and the remains of the other troll and troll-ridden spider were beneath the big troll.
"Well, this is unexpected. Save the intro for later new guy, we've got incoming."
The final troll and its spider mount were barreling towards the trio full speed.
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
1 : 2 Posted: 01:07 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097434
1 : 2
Post Likes: 0
+
Kirk plugs into the game of Reality, excited over the immersion system the online game featured, not even thinking twice about the repercussions of death and injury in there because, hey, it's just a game. He closes his eyes, and the next second he opens them up again to find himself looking at an onyx ceiling.

"Whoa this feels... kinda freaky. But awesome! I don't even feel like I'm in a game!" exclaimed the character named Kengo, flexing his arms and turning his head from left to right a few times to see if there was any lag. He noticed something odd. The room was empty of other characters other than himself. An eerie silence loomed over him. "Huh... don't tell me there's gonna be a tutorial test or something? I'm not even 5 minutes into the game yet..." he remarked, looking around with his hands moving towards the sheath of his dual katana.

penguinlord352 Posted: 01:29 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097444
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
The hologram of Garm, holo-Garm for short from now on, appeared beside Kengo in all it's black-cloaked glory.
"Welcome to Reality. I am Garm Plasmal, the Chief Admin and most veteran player of Reality. This is the safe zone of The Labyrinth. I'm afraid all NPC shops are closed temporarily due to the...special event...that is going on right now. You see, to keep the numbers of new players from exceeding the capacity of this area, we have a monthly level grind where we force all players who cannot leave this area to fight until they are level three. At level three, you can go through this door to the capitol city of the main part of Reality. I will be warping you directly into a danger zone where a group of players who will henceforth be you allies are currently in battle with trolls. As an apology for making you join them so suddenly, I'll grant you one Boss rank monster defeat. Four more, and you gain level two. Do be careful. Even weapons experts sometimes hurt themselves at level one. You'll find out soon enough. Good luck...and don't forget to try the food when you get done. It's exquisite. Especially the sea food. Oh, I really do hope you make it through to Aquae before you log off."

Garm warps the newestlayer to the crossroads where the others are.the last troll-ridden spider charges past Evnaescent, Morte, and Raphael, while Kengo appeared beside the trio in a small cloud of dust that could have been licked up by the spider head butting the wall.

The oddly mechanical and repetitive speech given to both of the late coming players, should anyone else have overheard it, would have revealed something was afoot. However, since there was only one person in the room each time, it was unlikely anyone would notice.

1 : 2 Posted: 01:51 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097457
+
"What the...!" exclaimed Kengo when the black-cloaked appeared suddenly beside him, his hands already on the hilts of his swords. But after getting to know the figure's identity, he listened in on his words closely, widening his eyes a bit when the Chief Admin mentioned food. "Wait, we get to actually taste the food we-" he asked before he was cut off, sent warping. The next thing he knew, he was in a sort of dim-lit crossroad next to three other characters.

"Damn! Is that what I think it is? A troll riding on a giant spider?!" remarked Kengo, feeling the rush of the situation as if he was in the real world. "Sweet! Dunno about you guys, but I'm about to go to having three more kills until I'm level two!" shouted Kengo, obviously oblivious to the problems faced by being a level one character as he ran full speed towards the spider, about to unsheathe his sword when he realized he had trouble taking them both out.

penguinlord352 Posted: 06:13 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097512
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"But...there aren't any more Boss rank monsters here...well, regardless, four more Boss rank monsters till level two."
Evanescent is glad that the game includes an exp share function for parties and teams, enabling them to all gain the exp from the big troll's death, though Evanescent was the one who killed it. He chased after Kengo and caught him by the back of his shirt.
"You have to hold up there. Weapons first, then charge, got it?"

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Feb 29th 2012 »

Craizen Posted: 13:26 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097568
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Ziedi waved up two more Spider Troll's, except these were the deluxe and boss versions. Sixteen metallic clicks could be heard echoing through the halls, along with the grunts of their riders. Ero peeked around the corner and then rounded back to the safety, or what he thought was the safety of the group. "There are two more of those spider ones coming, and there much stronger looking. The legs of the spiders are more armored, and I think one of them had cannons."

The spiders rounded the corner, and filled up the hall way space, the smaller rider backing into the back-up. The armor went up about part way, making any of the players wielding swords have to jump and land a solid hit. Ero could shoot them with an arrow, but that was the smallest target he had yet. The cannon wielding rider fired off two plasma shots, made up of seem green junk that would surely give a poison status to anyone who got hit,while taking a good chunk of health. The bolts blasted the ground, creating two more small craters to the already pocketed ground. The second one walked closer and reared up, slamming down two of the spiders legs, more or less aimed at Kengo, Evan, and Raph. Ero rolled out to avoid the impact shock, and strung an arrow, actually firing and hitting, but it didn't break the armor through.

"Dang, not enough juice in that shot."

Ziedi reclined, watching the action of all the doors. Some groups were doing well, others had already been defeated because of squabbling, or been abandoned once the higher level players gained level three. The troll's weren't particularly hard to fight, especially if anyone watched enough TV. He brought up a Com and messaged Garm.

"If they manage to defeat these guys, should I throw in a Beserker Troll or would that be pushing it?"
nightmare2 Posted: 14:52 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097583
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Dude! Hoe did you do that?"

Morte is refering to the two people who just appeared out of thin air. Sadly he found that there wasn't much time for an answer to that question when to two new enemies appeared.

"Nevermind, answer that later now we should probably focus on these guys. So Arrow guy wanna distract one of em for me? Imma get in closer and see what I can manage."

Before waiting for an answer Morte begins strafing to the left of one of the mounted trolls.

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 15:50 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097608
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Evanescent is busy wrapping his hands up in part of his shirt, which he tore off to wrap his bleeding hands in.
"Let me guess, you just got the game and an Admin told you about what's going on, then sent you here without listening to a word you say?"
The rogue laughed a bit then tried drawing his daggers. He could hold them. With a smile and a flash of steel he followed Morte's lead.

It's overkill Ziedi. I doubt they'll be able to deal with such a monster after three consecutive boss rank monsters. Besides, they have to find me first. So...after these, give them a few minutes, then use wolves to drive them towards the vault. Have them intercept them just a little ways from the doors and use the lowest level wolf bosses you can find to bring them to level three. I've already blocked off their warp options. Now then, allow me to redirect the leftovers...
Garm redirects the players left behind by those who attained level three and immediately abandoned their supposed allies to leave The Labyrinth. He lures them all to one spot and begins to drop boss ranks on them. Those who were fighting the trolls....well, he left them be. They were fine with the wondrous plan he had already sent to Ziedi. Meanwhile, he had to meet with the leftovers.

Craizen Posted: 17:58 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097643
Craizen
A'ight
+
Ero nodded and armed his bow again, firing off a shot into the air, being to carefully to get off solid shots, but still twanging his hand sometimes, creating a scatter of loose ones too. He fired three shots at the first one, its focus turned to him. He ducked under it's piercing legs, and actually rolled, or rather, army crawled failing to roll, under the other rider. The first riders attention still focused on Ero, it attacked, not really seeming to care to if it hit it's partner. This caused the other to become distracted, leaving both open for at least one direct attack.

Ziedi typed the commands on his ViM, sending off the rest of the Troll's and created the basic wolf back, one leader, two followers, and two chasers, or lead attackers. He skipped the usual bone piercing jaws for a quicker defeat.

"Hmmm...yeah that should work." He drastically increased the size of the Lead Wolf, to at least ten times the norm, hoping they would be smart enough to run and not try to fight it.

"Okay, everything is set up. When the move forward it should be ready. It's actually set to be tripped at the warp point, so make sure they think it's on at least. Who's picking them up after they are out?"
penguinlord352 Posted: 18:36 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097664
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
I want to test them in the vault Ziedi. They aren't leaving without my say so. So I'll deal with the pick up. Maybe Ventus...or Terra. Meh, they'll be easy to topple, it's more a question of whether they know when to give up in a hopeless situation. If they can't do that, they'll be horrible at the job we need them for.

The game options for their warp are still locked, however, once they reach level three, the auto-return the event is programmed to use will do something....rather different.

Evanescent is upon the farthest troll in an instant, slashing his daggers across its throat for a critical hit.
"That's two bosses down, three to go till level two."
He immediately jumps up onto the giant spider's back and stabs it in each and every sinlge one of its eyes.
"Just die already! You stupid boss rank spider!"

nightmare2 Posted: 19:43 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097725
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Wouldn't it be smarter just to get the other troll to attack you while your on the spider, then just jump off?"

Morte ran at the other one and slide underneath it, successfully getting behind it he stabs downward with his scythe through the back torso of the spider. He hits himself with the end of the scythe but it didn't faze him. Quickly he uses it to get up in the air and he lands on the scythe itself then unsheaths his katana and beheads the troll. After doing so he falls backwards and gives himself a gash on the cheek, not a deep one. He sheaths his katana and then pulls out the scythe, spins it and cuts through the torso of the spider.

"Alright I believe we are good for now, right? So do the troll and spider count as one boss rank or two?"

Guy117 Posted: 21:09 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097765
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
Raphael was holding out his longsword in front of him, moving it around a bit. It was unfortunately somewhat heavier than what he was used to. His pistol however was a perfect match however he never used bullets with the amount of stopping power and recoil that tungsten bullets had.

"How nice...free experience. Don't worry I will help with the next one."
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:52 Feb29 2012 Post ID: 3097795
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
The last spider collapsed. All the members of the group grew to level two.
"That answer your question? Ah, it feels so good to become stronger."
Evanescent immediately took a seat on the stone floor of The Labyrinth, trying to figure out what direction they'd all go in next. Neophyte flew down and landed on his shoulder, still glowing brightly enough to illuminate the entire crossroads of corridors.
"New guys, why don't you take some time to practice with your weapons a bit. I'm Evanescent, this glowing orb of light is Neophyte, an NPC I won in a contest. What're your names?"

Neophyte flew around Evanescent's hands, obviously inspecting them for anything worse then the small cuts from his daggers. Taking a throwing knife out from a hidden pocket in his sleeve, the Rogue class character flips the blade end over end, passing time as the injury healing programs came into action. Such things exist so that newbs don't accidentally get trapped in some sort of bad situation like being barely alive but missing legs.

1 : 2 Posted: 01:19 Mar01 2012 Post ID: 3097880
+
"Exactly what happened. The guys was called Garm, I think. Oh, right, call me Kengo, Ranger Knight. And yeah, that's a good idea. Wouldn't want to stay aside and leech for a second time... Never feels good when that happens... By the way, who're you guys?" replied Kengo, still struggling with the scabbards of his two swords, feeling as though they had locks paced on them, preventing him from taking them out. He moved further away from the group, seeing as the last spider had been felled, to continue to attempt to unsheathe but stayed close enough so he could watch their backs and they could watch his and so that he can hear their reply to his question.

As if on cue, the moment he was distanced from the group, he pulled at his katanas and they jumped out, almost sending him tripping back.
"Ho, nice design... I can't believe I'm actually looking at clumps of data here... Immersion system's rocked so far. But I guess I'll have to wait and see how getting hurt fares before I get to writing a review, eh?" he remarked, spinning the swords in his hands so they became held backhand and he swung them around as practice.

Craizen Posted: 14:20 Mar01 2012 Post ID: 3098127
Craizen
A'ight
+
Ero cut around the corner, his exploration sense being tingling. He peered around the same corner their previous attackers had just came around was puzzled just to see smooth black low, cast in the soft glow. "Huh, odd. I wonder where they came from? Or this is just part of this area's set up..." He checked his minimap, something all players had, and scanned it for exit points. One popped, up, not too far off, and neglecting to tell the group first, jogged over, checking it out. A piece of ore had been bulit up to small platfarm, hardly five feet across, and small spire extended, about five feet up. He touched it, nothing happening. It was glowing like it should work...

Annoyed he walked back to the group, still trying to figure out where the troll's went, figuring everyone was at least ready to walk now. "Hey guys, there's a warp point outta here a little ways up. Nothing tried to kill me so I think it's safe."

Ziedi smiled, happy the curious player was leading everyone back. It made his life a lot easier as to getting them out.

"Hey, I'm leading them all to the fortune room. What you want to do with them is up to you there."

« Last edited by Craizen on Mar 1st 2012 »
nightmare2 Posted: 15:26 Mar01 2012 Post ID: 3098139
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Morte... and I believe practice would be important as it would suck if you ceouldn't take your weapons out in the middle of battle."

Morte looks at his hands finding it odd how he could feel stronger all of a sudden. Istead of taking a seat on the ground he begins pacing two and forth until Ero returned.

"Curious, isn't it? Like we are being lead somewhere... well I am ready to go."

penguinlord352 Posted: 16:44 Mar01 2012 Post ID: 3098146
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"I'm Evanescent. The fairy is Neophyte. I already said that, didn't I? As for you two...sounds like the admins grabbed you and put you with a group as soon as possible. Garm...that cloak guy, right? If memory serves, he's actually the top dog in Reality. Like, the Admin of all Admins. Rumor has it he's a little crazy, too."
Evanescent savors being level two a moment longer.
"Warp point, huh...? Let's see if we can activate it now that we're all level two. Come on guys, we're moving out. Neophyte, light the way, please."

Neophyte was strangely silent. She opened up her NPC map, the NPC version of the mini-map, locating the warp point on it. She flew a little ways ahead, moving slowly to give everyone the chance to catch up.

"Geez, where did those trolls even come from? Did the Admins specially spawn them for us or something?"
Evanescent begins walking, following the mini-map towards the warp point.
"Come on guys!"

Soon....soon....soon...hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehee......
Garm set the locations the wolves would spring from in the vault, savoring the moment the players would find themselves surrounded by monsters...and their shock from his appearance.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Mar 1st 2012 »

Craizen Posted: 14:34 Mar02 2012 Post ID: 3098359
Craizen
A'ight
+
"Prolly. Or we got lucky is this is the good path."

Ero responded to both Morte and Evan. He walked back ahead, able to see pretty clearly. After leveling up, he found he could filter how much energy his eyes gained in thier golden glow, not much of an accomplishment, but it was cool for him. Arrivng back at the Warp Point, he examined it a bit closer, it still wasn't working though. We walked around it, and noticed the bottom didn't seemed fixed, like other warp points. Confused he opened his minimap and looked at the pictures of all types of warp pads, and none of them had this. He felt along noticed five finger presses. Pressing down, a sound like locks and tumblers could be heard, andt he Warp Panel floated up in the air, revealing a tunnel, small but navigatable going straight down. He shot an arrow down for the hell of it, but it reacted odd. It entered the tunnel, then stopped, like it was laying on nothing.

"Hey! I think I found the entrance to the treasure vault." There was excitement in his voice, feeling useful.

« Last edited by Craizen on Mar 2nd 2012 »
Displaying Page 3 of 33
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 31 | 32 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close