Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Reality-The World [RP]

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 31 of 33
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Last     Previous | Next
Craizen Posted: 11:14 Feb01 2013 Post ID: 3206542
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Aron half choked on a piece of orange he had been chewing as he was listening to Artemis. He cleared his throat and managed out a "cool name" to regain some ground as his dad whacked him on the back.

"Don't you have a pretty detailed Eagle drawing Aron?"

"Yeah but it's at Gran and Gramps."

And the conversation continues, yes yes, pish posh good friends.

Aron was standing by the door, half-waiting on his parents to finish up. He could leave, he had that measure of freedom but he wasn't sure what he was going to do for the rest of the day. Well, besides Find Aquila later. Reality only accepted unique names from active accounts, so it had to be her, wouldn't it?

"Ughh, I wish Morte was still getting on, it would give me something to do until I have to meet up with Rilk tomorrow."

He said to no one in particular but himself.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
penguinlord352 Posted: 23:46 Feb04 2013 Post ID: 3210233
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
"Getting on where?"

Artemis had gotten a bit curious about Aron's lone vigil by the door and had approached in time to hear his grumbling. She had a sneaking suspicion about something, but basing it on choking on an orange slice wasn't a very appealing idea to her.
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Craizen Posted: 10:20 Feb06 2013 Post ID: 3211072
Craizen
A'ight
+
Aron started to speak up but his parents were wandering over, but he didn't want to start the conversation, not yet at least. So he went for something slightly more cryptic.

"Even the mighty eagle heeds the haunting howl of the wolf at the moon, and as the hunters eyes glow bright at the light of the cried to moon, one will have their answer. So I'll see you later, A'ight?"

He gave a slight smile and stepped out the door, holding it open for his mother.

penguinlord352 Posted: 18:57 Feb16 2013 Post ID: 3216079
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Artemis tilted her head, acting confused by his words. She had, though, put together several things just then. The first was that Aron meant Reality. The second was that he had encountered her in Reality recently. The third was that his parents weren't aware he played the game. The fourth was that she could use this as leverage should he make any moves against her.

You really should learn to understand when you've said too much.

Craizen Posted: 11:20 Feb19 2013 Post ID: 3217272
Craizen
A'ight
+
Aron went on about his day, figuring to log on sometime during the next morning at a gaming house, hopefully remembering his flash drive so he could go in as Eron actually.

He was tossing in bed later that night, waking up around 2 a.m. Though he swore he could hear noises, movement coming for the third floor. Muted though, so it had to be his Dad's personal office, soundproofed due to the use of his physical rig, an old dinosaur in respects of use but ever bit as modern as the "sleeper" rig pros and mods used now. You could even hook up a weapon, swing it as you see fit. His dad used that setting when he wanted a work out, it could keep you in crazy shape. He slipped up the stairs, the door opened a bit. In front of him stood Dru, in with wireless gloves, headset, and a few sensors on his legs, suspended in the arc that kept him off the ground for free movement. That was the other thing, in addition to needing the space, physical rigs were expensive due tot he need for being suspended in the air so you don't run into walls, or worse, out of third floor windows. Though the thing that got him was his dad was using broad swords, the replica scythe on its stand, and he seemed rather nimble with them, game correction aside. He still had the holo display so he watched for a bit, he was at teh perimeter of the blizzarding area of the A.G. The snow not cold but still had realistic fall effects and was mainly used as cover.

"Free at last and so far Garm hasn't came after me. Now if only I could find Ragnarok. Better yet, I need to figure out leaked a feed in a sealed area. Ziedi can do that though. I have other plans."

A few slashes later, and he was in the hall of doors, so far the only "hack" he had to use. He picked a rather dull one nestled in between two others on the topside of the hall, landing himself in Gregor's dining room. He took a spot at the table, the dim light room providing just enough light not to run into the chairs of the elaborate set table, always set for twelve, though expandable up to 100 if need be. The room brightened though as Gregor walked in, his eyes instantly narrowing on green and black p.k.

"How did you even get in here? You can't tell a measly...level 5 took down the guards stationed around here?"

"That's not for you to know. But I know something about you Gregor. Things I"m pretty sure the Admins would love to hear."

"And you have come to level shallow accusations in an attempt to blackmail me. Childish and useless. Leave now before I have to damage my table."

"Shallow? Maybe. But something is up, and it starts with you."

Ziedi felt the presence a tad before it struck, a water still going through his side as he did his best to dodge it.

"You always were a sneaky one Ren."

"And you a sneak one .JadeHack. Why are you here?"

"Ask your Boss, I feel he's covering a lot more.
There was a great laugh.

"The great .JadeHack, one of the great player killers I would love to have in my guild. Too bad though, Ren if you may? I have to go give a report to Garm."

And the man disappeared in a poof of snow and cold.

Ren made the motion of attacking as Dru scrambled to get, very outmatched in these quarters, though it Ren stopped as soon as he was positive Gregor was gone.

"Get out of here, Ziedi."

"It's .JadeHack, Jade here at least. And how in the hell?"

"I was out patrolling the grounds with a squad myself. There is no way you could have gotten in here without starting a rather skirmish or using the hall. And very few hackers can actually get in, let alone come here to question someone of Gregor's caliber at level five. In short, your ballsy self preceded you."

"Well damn, I'll have to be more careful. But seriously though, watch him. And not a word."

"My lips are sealed good friend."

"Good. Sooner I get through with this, sooner I can at least Aron play. I mean he is old enough. I just rather not have him caught up in this right now."

"Just Rogue now right? How bad could it be?" Ren asked.

"At this point I'm almost positive it either Ragnarok or Desani."

"Desani? The red witchlock of Highclock. War boss right?"

"Yep. And if it was Desani and not Rag, there could even be something worse out there than the Coma Virus."

Ren paused here, simply nodding his head, thinking.

"I'll watch. But seriously, get out of here already. If you go straight North out of here you can avoid the rest of patrols."

Ziedi saluted before slipping out a window and out of the area.

Aron slipped back into his room. He could only hear his dad, but that was enough."

It was about 11:30 a.m the next day, Aron at Riegers Game House at a station, reality data in hand as he approached the skyscraper he was supposed to be at, seeing Rilk off in the distance, the man standing out a bit in the decor of Caleum. Then again, so did he. His hood was off, revealing a youngish man with a shaved hair cut, dark brown skin and golden eyes. He waved at Rilk as he got closer.

"Hey there Rilk. I know I looked a bit different before but this is my main character, Eron."

The hustle and bustle of the street traffic buzzed by, NPC pedestrians and players in a game of hunted, blending in. They were directly in front of the door, a tall blockish door man standing in front of the door.

« Last edited by Craizen on Feb 19th 2013 »
imaloony8.0 Posted: 20:45 Feb19 2013 Post ID: 3217455
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Roronoa, the great red wolf stood next to Rilk and yipped happily at Eron.
"Eh? Oh yes, you must be that acquaintance of the warrior I met yesterday." It was clear that Kevin was intent as ever to stay in-character. His character was decorated with a few new trophies from creatures he had slain since they last saw, including a large piece of hide that seemed to have a pattern of a snarling face. It smell relatively fresh.
"So," Rilk continued, "What do you have planned? Did you learn anything of use from that battle the other day?"

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:41 Feb19 2013 Post ID: 3217481
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
A certain silver armored knight was watching the exchange from a nearby bench, not even bothering to conceal the eagle-like features of her armor. Aquila was simply sitting there, apparently waiting on something. It was impossible to tell whether the {Lone Eagle} was there to watch the mods or just by coincidence, but the stare hidden by her head-encasing silver helmet certainly didn't leave much to the imagination. For now though, she seemed to be content observing.

Craizen Posted: 17:07 Feb22 2013 Post ID: 3218514
Craizen
A'ight
+
Ziedi was at the tip top of the tower, balancing on top of of a pointed spire with a ball of air, a small 3ft square landing just below that.

Eron thought for a second, shrugging.

"Judging by attack styles, I'm assuming while Sixx was forced into his transformation grande. Renelzio stayed out of his, but his the Grande he exposed may envelope into a dual Grande with his status.

Anyways, what are we doing here anyways?"

The doorman spoke up at this question, a rather regal voice, one old butlers would applaud.

"Master Ono requires your presence at the top of this tower. You may climb whatever way you wish, but you may not go through the building itself. Any resource available is yours. Further instructions will be given after."

Eron thought for a second.

"Anyway we want, just not through the building. Maybe I will find a use for that rope anyways."

He was in fact referring to the many useless items RPGS give out, that are really only used for certain things.

"I'll see you at the top Rilk!"

He looked around, finding the best building a short distance away. Digging through his inventory and special ammo, he picked a steel tipped arrows and combined them with the rope, releasing two side by side at the top of the tower, creating a stiff, slanted rope bridge. He considered using light to make solid platforms, but it wasn't something he had experimented with and he had seen his dad's traversal skills, Ziedi could do this in his sleep.

Ziedi peered down, watching as the two made their move and Aquila also, wondering what the little eagle was doing. It actually reminded him he still had a wolf to catch.
penguinlord352 Posted: 19:05 Feb22 2013 Post ID: 3218557
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Aquila waited until the new mod was on his way up before putting her hands on the sides of her helmet. The back split into two sections and the helmet slid into itself until only the visor was left. Long curly brown locks of hair spilled down over her silver covered shoulders as she shook her head to make sure they weren't tangled up. Bright green eyes watched from the tanned face of an attractive young woman. Another NPC, this one actually dressed like a butler, brought her a small plate with a teacup on it. She took the plate in her left and gentle raised the cup to her lips with her right hand, sipping at the tea within. Her eyes were watching Eron the entire time though. A small smile appeared on her face as she glanced up and saw Ziedi peering down at her. She slightly nodded her head in acknowledgement of the man before returning to her tea and the task of watching the archer scaling the residential tower she just so happened to own property in. The butler bringing her tea was a clear sign of that.

imaloony8.0 Posted: 12:14 Feb25 2013 Post ID: 3219525
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Rilk smiled at the challenge. "Roronoa! Mount up!" He climbed into the saddle of the wolf. "Up, boy. I'll help you climb, it won't be a problem."
Roronoa gave a long, high-pitched howl before pouncing up on the outside of the building. The building was beautiful, and the ornate designs would give Roronoa purchase for his paws. It was rather amazing to watch the wolf move, more akin to a mountain goat. Whenever the next hold was too far away, Rilk would pull them up himself with his hands or his whip. They made quick progress.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Feb 25th 2013 »

penguinlord352 Posted: 16:46 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229234
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Aquila glanced at Rilk with mild interest before turning her attention back to Eron. There was something about him she wanted to confirm, and she wasn't going to leave without anything short of a definite answer.

Craizen Posted: 17:35 Apr01 2013 Post ID: 3230735
Craizen
A'ight
+
Ziedi brought up the game menu and typed in Aquilla's name into the friend request section, waiting as it appeared on her side. There was a message attached, simply put, "Care to play along? The boys need a lesson."

He brought a secondary menu, labeling both himself with a target label above his head in blue, if Aquilla accepted, hers would be the same. Rilk's and Roronoa progress up the building was impressive to say the least, the man was a skilled beast tamer, specially so the building was vertical. He glanced at Eron, noting the running stance and realized it was the same he himself used, and so did many others. A poised stance that balanced your weight, but it was shaky. He waited until both were about halfway, Rilk just above the roof of the building adjacent to the run he was running on, Eron just above the fountain of the fountain of the courtyard of the building. With one gust he sent a high sweeping gust of wind and a low gust toward Rilk, and a blade of Fire that burned there the ropes Eron was running on.

The look on Eron's face was priceless as his ropes burned and he fell straight down towards the water. He brought out his hand to form a platform of light, but it formed an arrow and only an arrow, how he had infinite ammo even though it appeared he pulled them from his quill. There was a second of confusion, then he realized. He didn't have light as battle element, it was merely his main ammo element. He had unlocked water as his mana type, taking advantage of the Ranger Mage class to the full, but it was a little late for this. His father just face palmed, focusing an upward draft of wind that slowed his descent enough that the fountain would break the rest of the fall and not KO him. With a gentle flip he controlled his decent down the front facing of the building laughing as Eron hit the water and wondering how Rilk would manage. The top blast was faster, but easily dodgeable, but the blast would require a jump, and the force of the wind would move the ranger just a bit away from the building.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 11:29 Apr02 2013 Post ID: 3231041
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
The gust was near-catastrophic. Knocked a little off track, Roronoa's claws fell on glass, with no purchase, causing the two to fall. Rilk quickly drew his short sword and jammed it into the building, grinning when it sank in. He got lucky and hit a soft target. He flicked his wrist down, and his whip managed to wrap around Roronoa's ankle. He felt Roronoa's weight pull on his shoulder and a cracking sound. Looking up, he realized that his sword was stuck in some wooden carving. It wouldn't hold their weight for long.
"Dismissal!" Rilk shouted. Roronoa howled in annoyance as he disappeared in a flash of blue light. "IADOR!" Rilk barked, "ITEM 17!"
It took only a few minutes for the white falcon appeared with his requested item: A 10-foot pole. The falcon deposited it in Rilk's hand.
"Thank you friend. There's never a situation where one of these isn't useful!"
Rilk began to jury-rig something up to the carving using the pole.

penguinlord352 Posted: 14:02 Apr02 2013 Post ID: 3231077
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Aquila hit the accept button with the response, "I'm game."

She then watched the two fall, Eron particularly with a great amount of amusement. Once he had safely hit the water she turned back to Rilk and watched his plan with a mild amount of interest as she sipped her tea.

imaloony8.0 Posted: 15:22 Apr02 2013 Post ID: 3231104
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Rilk finished, looking at his product. The pole was now sticking out from the side of the building like a flagpole. Rilk quickly fished a rope from his pack and tied it to the end of the pole. While sitting on the end, it bent dangerously, but still held. Rilk tossed the other end of the rope to Iador, who flew it higher and close to the building. Rilk pulled out his Short Sword and threw it, skewering the rope to the building. Now with a rope bridge to take him higher, Rilk began to climb. It wouldn't get him to the top, but it would get him closer, and that's what mattered now.

Craizen Posted: 12:22 Apr03 2013 Post ID: 3231298
Craizen
A'ight
+
Eron climbed out of the fountain, coughing out of reflex and sloshing as he stepped. He glanced at Ziedi and back to the tower and a now much higher Rilk.

"I would get back to it you know. You'll end up at a serious disadvantage in the second part of this test if you don't. Plus you know, the prize."

The prize was a lie. This was training pure and hard, and so far, Rilk was passing and Eron had failed, bad. If he didn't get better, he had no worries leaving him out of future engagements entirely. And he was already looking past Rogue at this point. Desani and Ragnarok, which one was worse, he wasn't sure yet.

Eron dug through his items again. He could climb again like last time, but there would be no way he would make it. He thought about surfing like Ren could but he hadn't particular learned that. What to do what to do?

"Dang it, what am I supposed to do? Rilk has a rope bridge for-"

Duh.

He didn't think he would ever need them, but the NPC at the shop said the arrow pack was designed for all areas of Reality, even if you didn't use them for such. He scrolled through the ammo types again and selected rubber tipped arrows. Attaching the rope item again, he ran behind the courtyard, losing some more time but the building behind it was almost as tall, figuring out angle finally, he notched and let loose, the arrows bounching between the two building before lodging near the top. He repeated this three times before he had a solid jungle gym of rope to go up through.

"May be last but dang it I'm making it up there!"

((Think we could whip something up between them pengy?))

A man closed his laptop on the flight, the newscast over and his annoyance greater than ever. The plane was empty, private charter, or rather a favor from an old friend. Ex spec ops had its benefits sometimes. He took his drink from the flight attendant, purely to stay awake. The flight was rushed, in and out for little item, but this need to be as clean as possible. He wanted this paycheck already so he get out of this mess. All it would take would be one bullet. Shame his contractor couldn't pull it himself.

"I guess that's what you get for being trapped in a game. But all that time gives you access to all the best banks. A.I, gotta love it. Oliver Stark, I guess you were right in the end, too bad it won't even matter."
imaloony8.0 Posted: 14:11 Apr03 2013 Post ID: 3231334
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Rilk reached the end of his bridge and realized he was close to the top, but there were no more visible points he could use to climb. He briefly considered using the Point Energy form of the whip, but decided that it was more fun without it.
"Iador, scout! I need a grapple point."
Iador squawked in response and flew further up the building, finally leveling out about ten feet above Rilk. He squawked again.
"That-a boy!" Rilk sent the whip out with a flick of his wrist. It took a few attempts, but he eventually got it to catch on a hidden decorative carving. Just enough for him to latch onto and continue climbing.

Craizen Posted: 15:00 Apr04 2013 Post ID: 3231691
Craizen
A'ight
+
Eron was workinging up, slowly but the jungle gym like bridge was working.

Ziedi was smiling.

"Stuff like Aron just made is what makes our designers and programmers hate us at times, but it's not like the major groundwork wasn't set already. But it's what keeps people coming back. It's almost rare you run into an action you can't do anymore."

He stood quiet for a second, waiting for Rilk to finish up at this point.

"So Aquilla, how was brunch today?" he asked rather coyly. Though at the moment of asking, the NPC's and even players were beginning to move one direction, fast. He cocked his head towards the direction of fleeing crowd and cursed silently. A guard squad was dealing what looked like bat humanoid. He flinched for a second but then relaxed. No way it would be Rogue, especially not in full release.

The squad was handling it well, keeping it contained for further study, protocol. Monsters like this weren't supposed to spawn and whoever released it would be dealt with promptly. He got a message from a fellow staff member.

"Uh hu, yeah. One here too...Alright then. Seems our friend has visitors. Inspect it soon enough though."

« Last edited by Craizen on Apr 4th 2013 »
penguinlord352 Posted: 13:40 Apr07 2013 Post ID: 3232371
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((Sorry for the absence, I was stuck without wifi for the past week. As for whipping something up, if you mean between Aron and Artemis, then I thought that was already agreed upon as a 'yes'. Sorry for assuming. ^_^))

"Oh, it was quite nice, Mr. McCallister. Did you enjoy it as well?"
Two can play at this game...

Aquilla considered showing the two newbie mods up, or possibly helping with the monster spawning, but just continued to watch Eron climb in the end, judging him with a cold look in her eyes resembling that of a predator.

"Would you care for some tea? Or do you have to go take care of something?" Aquilla observed the Admin out of the corner of her bright green eyes, watching for any sign that he had answered the question non-verbally.

Craizen Posted: 13:14 Apr08 2013 Post ID: 3232743
Craizen
A'ight
+
"Mmm, I'm not the biggest fan of tea to be frank. At least not in reality, just can't seem to get that particular taste right. I'll take coffee though, cream n sugar."

If he wasn't an adult he probably would have stuck his tongue out at her.

"It is alright anyway. Each active mod team in the cities has neutralized the problem and a rank admin has came in to inspect. Officially unofficially, it just looks like our Halloween release got out in a testing glitch, no biggie. My main focus today are these two; they were in our last batch of moderators to be hired, first set to be hired more special tasks. Originally I was going to spew well placed attacks from the top, but the dungeon in Hyalina will take care of that."

The black crystal dungeon in Hyalina was ten level uber dungeon that required a vertical climb of one's choosing to get up. There were seven entries going up and down, some moving you several levels higher and others bringing you back down. The ten levels and entry/exit points rotated every ten minutes, and each rotation spawned a new wave. The goal was to find the quickest warp path pattern up, but the process of elimination often killed you first, if not the boss in the final room. I've heard the way up is really quite simple, but must fail around level 7.

Eron was 3/4 up, probably being waited on by a finished up Rilk.
Displaying Page 31 of 33
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close