Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Cervantes De Leon Posted: 07:54 Mar14 2012 Post ID: 3100747
Cervantes De Leon
Post Likes: 0
+
We have two of (in my opinion) last year's best anime shows in thread form here already, why not go for the third?

Summary
Madoka Kaname is just your average high school girl. One night, she has a dream where she sees a girl fighting a terrible evil in a strange, apocolyptic landscape. The following day, she finds that girl, Homura Akemi, has transferred in to her class. Her encounter with the girl is one that may very well change her fate forever.

Character list is here. If you don't want spoilers then AVOID that link. Seriously. It's strongly reccommended you go in to this spoiler-free.

My thoughts? Outright invcedible. A dark, twisted deconstruction of the magical girl genre that throws some heavy curve balls at you with its narrative. I have seen those that have compared this to Evangellion, I can (of what I have seen of Evangellion) sort of see why.

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Jay_Dee Posted: 12:48 Mar18 2012 Post ID: 3101482
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
I looked this up when you mentioned it in whatever other thread it was. I haven't watched any episodes yet, but I need to give it a try. It seems very interesting. I'll post back with what I think, if I ever get around to watching at least the first episode.

I'm in the middle of Samurai Champloo at the moment - I haven't seen the entire series before. haha.
Pathosray Posted: 14:45 Mar18 2012 Post ID: 3101514
Pathosray
Post Likes: 0
+
My favourite anime.

Suitably morbid, deconstructs the mahou shoujo genre, character develpopment by the truck load, and one of the most ingenius plots I've ever seen.
In the grand scheme of the universe, we are nought but a temporary collection of matter adrift in space-time.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close