Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Boundless.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
TestVirus101 Posted: 09:56 May01 2012 Post ID: 3109738
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
"Excellent!" said Tayus brightly, "It just so happens I know of a river and a way to cross said river. With any luck we'll have this sword in our possession and be back home before the week's end."

He once again chuckled to himself, enjoying a good time at the young boy's expense. However as he laughed a strange thought grew on him. How was it by chance that the boy just happened to trip over and find a book that described what they were looking for? It seemed like far too much of a coincidence, especially given that he'd never even heard of this sword before this begun, so obviously there weren't too many of these books just lying around.

Perhaps their was something special about Ferren after all, perhaps he was the one to hunt this sword down. "Where to next?" he asked, "Equipment? Supplies? ...Lina?" he added with a grin.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
nightmare2 Posted: 17:01 May01 2012 Post ID: 3109807
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
"I would enjoy meeting this Lina person... but yes supplies and equipment should be good. Actually as far as equipment goes I think that we should get some armor or a weapon for you Fherren, unless anyone else needs to restock on something, as we are most likely fully equipped."

Night looked around from where they currently were for any shops but he wasn't too familiar with the town and he thought best to find a shop that sold quantity items.

"Alright well I don't know this place too well so can't be of much help in finding a good shop but once we get there I think we should be good. While we are looking for one, why don't you think up a list of supplies you want to bring, Fherren?"

Night seemed to be pretty content with Fherren making all the choices and learning from his own mistakes. He trusted him enough to be able to do it by himself and he seemed to be quite lucky too.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
imaloony8.0 Posted: 17:42 May01 2012 Post ID: 3109815
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
"Doesn't surprise me that something like that was in Linebeck's shop. That old drunk doesn't have a clue of what most of the stuff in there is anymore. For all he knows, he could have maps to the Fountain of Youth, the Lost City of Gold, and a vault full of naked women in there." Rilk paused and considered this. "Remind me to stop by here again when this is all done. Anyways, tell me where you want to go Ferren, and I'll lead you there."

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 18:38 May01 2012 Post ID: 3109829
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
"I think the only thing left we need is equipment. It would be nice to have a bag to put this book in, at least..." Ferren wasn't wrong in wanting that, since the book was rather large and heavy, and carrying it under his arm wasn't exactly the best mode of transporting it, for both comfort and security reasons.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 08:40 May02 2012 Post ID: 3109989
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
"Right, then off to Garen's Go-Round." Rilk lead the group back to the main road, which they traveled down for about ten minutes until they came across the right shop. Unlike Linebeck's hole-in-the wall, this place was brightly lit, well decorated, and had about a dozen people browsing around. The sign read:

GAREN'S GO-ROUND
For all your basic and exotic needs!

"If you guys want, I think Garen has a few weapons on display too. It's not his specialty, but he might have something interesting," Rilk said, walking into the store.

1 : 2 Posted: 02:31 May03 2012 Post ID: 3110126
1 : 2
Post Likes: 0
+
Cero listened only half intently to the group's conversations. He was thinking about a few lines from the poem Ferren read aloud. He's heard some of those words mentioned before, in legends among many more, and he wondered if he should say something about it to the rest.

The serpent bites its tail where good shall prevail...

Where the snake bites its tail shall be beginning and end...

"The immortal serpent, Ouroboros..." Cero thought with tinge of questioning, eyes darting away towards the others once or twice, not letting anyone know he was actually somewhere half as near to being deep in thought, hiding those thoughts behind the curtain that was his lifeless face. "What would it have in relation to this... And the sword... As well as the child...? Who is he? Why is he trying to find this sword?" he continued to ponder over the matter, especially regarding the sword's true nature, when the shop titled Garen's Go-Round emerged in front of him and the others with Rilk leading at the helm of the group. His train of thought was cut short when he wondered if anyone inside would recognize his armor, considering the armory's abundant inquirers.

"I think I'll skip this one... I'll wait for you outside." he spoke, in a soft but clear and loud enough voice for everyone in the group to hear, turning around so that his back was facing them all as he proceeded to go back to thinking about the poem.

Craizen Posted: 13:52 May03 2012 Post ID: 3110182
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Geralt plopped down outside the shop, behind Cero. He took his shield off his hip and laid it across his lap, it was too uncomfortable otherwise sitting. He laid his head on the wall of the storefront and closed his eyes, pondering his thoughts. It was the easiest way to do it, people tended not to disturb him because he looked asleep. Cero perked his interest though, the usual emotionless exterior was broken for a moment by thoughts of realization. There was more to this man then he thought. For all the others, he still seemed the most unneeded, at least in ways of keeping the boy company. Geralt brushed these senseless thoughts away and went back to darker tides and the bookstore. His eyes had caught a book that might be able to fix his voice, but that would make his father that much more after him. He shook his head again and thought about what Tayus said about being done by the end of week. He chuckled.

No amount of enthusiasm could do that he thought to himself.
Yogi_Bear Posted: 06:35 May04 2012 Post ID: 3110322
Yogi_Bear
+
Clare walked into the store and quickly ran through in her mind everything she might need for their upcoming journey. Thinking of nothing, she began to explore the shop and naturally made her way over to the weapons rack. She examined them with her trained eye and decided that some were decent, but most were hardly above average. Taking what looked to be one of the better swords in her hand, she held it out in front of her in a ready position. "Rubbish," she muttered. It was too heavy at the top, the hilt fit awkwardly in her hand, and upon closer inspection, the blade was fairly dull. She selected several more swords from the rack and found the same result. "Weapons my ****," she said under her breath before walking away, a bit disgusted.

« Last edited by Yogi_Bear on May 4th 2012 »
Thanks Craizen

Proc^^
++Pixel Euphoria
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 09:49 May04 2012 Post ID: 3110341
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Ferren entered the store as well, noting the group got merely a wave from the busy store owner. He looked around to see various accessories one might need for adventuring, everything from gauntlets to dried beef. He saw that Clare was heading over to inspect weapons, and figured he'd feel a little safer with one. As she tested out a blade or two, he simply peered from behind her, probably not even being noticed. When she let out a choice word about the quality of the weapons and walked away, he stayed behind to have a look for himself. Seeing as most of the weapons on display were too large for him to wield at all, his eyes caught a bin at the end of the display with assorted short daggers in it. There was a piece of parchment nailed to the bin that read, "Daggers: 2s."

He figured 2 silver was a steal for a dagger, and picked one of the shinier ones up. He put his finger to the tip to test the sharpness, and his enthusiasm quickly dropped when the tip of the dagger actually broke against the pressure from his finger. He immediately placed it back in the bin and walked to a different part of the store.

Luckily, Ferren found that the rest of the goods were in much better shape than the selection of weapons. He found a good bag with plenty of room for 1 gold, and plenty of matches for just a few silver. He figured that was all they really needed, so he waited at the front of the store for everyone else to finish their browsing.
nightmare2 Posted: 20:43 May04 2012 Post ID: 3110438
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Night had gone directly to the weapons as well to see what they were like and to see if any of his were being sold there. He walked up and immediately was discouraged, even more so when he saw Clare try one out herself and then when Fherren tested a dagger. He frowned and left the store sitting next to Geralt. He didn't pay him much attention instead was trying to remember the names of the customers he had here. It was quite hard seeing as no one in it was ever that big of a customer; the occasional steel longsword or iron shortbow here and there. he soon gave up and let his thoughts wander to the job itself.

Poor Tayus, when he figures out that this won't be over so soon and I guess poor Fherren too. Sadly I expect it to take much longer to find the place where it's at and then to get throught said place. Well atleast the end will be satisfying. Hopefully find some riches like rare metals or lost technology!

His face brightened up considerably as he let his mind fill up with thoughts of new metals and technology.

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
imaloony8.0 Posted: 11:00 May07 2012 Post ID: 3110861
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Rilk was seen at the front of the store bickering with Garen about the quality of his weapons. It seemed that the best weapon in Garen's store was the longsword strapped to his waist, a beautiful blade with a hilt inlaid with gold and sapphires. Even if anyone could afford it, it was clearly a weapon that Garen would part with as easily as his own life.
"...I'm just saying, you're supposed to tell the smiths to temper the steel, not just quench it."
"They always get those weapons to me on time and at a good price," countered Garen.
"That's because they're quick to make and cheap!"
"You never did have much of an eye for business, did you Rilk?"
Rilk sighed. "Well, I hope your rope isn't as cheap as your daggers."
Within fifteen minutes, Rilk had filled his back with supplies. He already had basics, like his bag, a small knife, a waterskin, flint and steel, and a bedroll, but managed to pick up some rope, a few days of trail rations, and a few small torches. He paid Garen and then found Ferren.
"Opting to travel light, I see?" Rilk said, not understanding the depth of Ferren's ignorance for supplies.

TestVirus101 Posted: 17:08 May07 2012 Post ID: 3110945
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
((So we're clear :P, Tayus was being sarcastic when he said we'd be done in a week i.e. "We need to cross a river? Oh good, I know where we can find a river"))

Tayus looked around, not really paying any attention to what was in front of him. The truth was that any supplies he lacked he could always go and get later. He'd probably offer the others the chance to use him to buy things as well. While he couldn't teleport other people, he had found that his ability to teleport himself extended beyond his skin and was actually around his entire body stretched out just large enough that any clothes and things he was holding within this radius would teleport with him.

He began to wonder if there was any truth to this story at all though. Sure, the elder had provided them with a quest to go and find the sword and the book Ferren had found mentioned it, but it was possible that the book was just a story and that the elder knew that the village was in danger and had sent them after it anyway on the slightest chance it might be real. Unlike the others he wasn't being paid to be here, but then again he could leave whenever he wanted, so he supposed the tradeoff wasn't too bad.

He grabbed one or two items such as a waterflask and other handy things to have and moved to the counter, thinking of the days up ahead and how they would be travelling to a much larger city and hoping to find out anything they could on this sword.
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 13:34 May09 2012 Post ID: 3111317
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
"Er... I suppose. Should I get some more? I knew I wouldn't be paying for it, anyway... and I don't know much about travelling." Ferren replied to Rilk as he looked around the store, trying to figure out what they would need that they didn't already have. Still, after being charged such a pretty penny for that map, he thought it would be best if he didn't spend too much more money that wasn't even his.
1 : 2 Posted: 02:18 May15 2012 Post ID: 3112555
1 : 2
+
Cero waited still, but his train of thought had grown slower. It probably isn't much, anyway. Still strange though. He summarized everything as just simple chance and continued to wait, not bothering to lean back against the pole close to him. If he did that he might fall asleep. Been up all night traveling to Ferren's village. He didn't even bother to pass a glance at Geralt, but when a cat passed by atop a drainage tank with a dead mice dangling it is jaws his eyes moved slightly.

nightmare2 Posted: 20:39 May31 2012 Post ID: 3116160
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Night glances backwards, he could hear Fherren and Rilk, and smiled to himself. He hadn't seen what Fherren had chosen to buy but he could guess accurately that it probably wasn't enough. Then again they really only needed a few essential things, such as rope, as water and food could easily be aquired within nature and if needed they could craft a few other items. Of course Night guessed that Fherren thought this would either be a real quick journey or already knew but was either denying or just hoping otherwise. Night let out a long sigh and shook his head.

This kid has a lot to learn and this job seems to be more of babysitting and teaching him than using muscle. Ah well I have been meaning to do some travelling and this way I get paid.

Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close