Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Super Robot Wars SC

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
penguinlord352 Posted: 16:55 Apr02 2012 Post ID: 3104906
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
Garm charged the first Slaughter Dagger to get up, not intending to let it use any of its weapons. He didn't even know what they were called, so he definitely didn't want to be killed by them.
"Gotta keep going. Wonder if I can get the weapon systems online from here...or maybe someone has to remotely activate them..."
He doesn't spend too much time on it, as the other Slaughter Dagger unit rushed him. The two started to exchange fists, but Garm's movements were more practiced and the Delplus was faster.
Not using your weapons, huh? I guess they want to take this thing intact. For now. They might change their minds as this fight goes on. Well, at least I've been in enough fist fights to know what I'm doing here.
Garm manages to get the Delplus to kick the Slaughter Dagger in the chest, sending it back away from him.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Apr 24th 2012 »
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 18:39 Apr03 2012 Post ID: 3105057
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
Blue had to cover his eyes to prevent the dust and rubble that scattered from the Blade unit hitting the ground from getting in his eyes. When it eventually settled, what he saw both amazed and scared him.

"What... is this a.. a mecha?!" He looked the thing over and couldn't conclude anything different, but as he was surveying the machine, he noticed the hatch to what he figured was the "cockpit" was open-- and there was someone inside. He knew hitting the ground with such force could have been fatal, so he needed to make sure whoever was inside was okay.

Blue bolted and climbed up one of the Blade's legs, and then onto its torso, before looking into the mecha and finding an unconscious girl inside. As he slid down into the unit, however, his foot hit the button that closes the pilot hatch, which tripped him, which made him fall face-first into the pilot's bosom. This wasn't his main concern, however, as he soon heard a click that signified the unit was sealed... with him inside.

"Ah, wait... she still needs help!" Blue didn't quite know who he was yelling to, but as he looked into the sky through the view from the mecha, he saw a Slaughter Dagger intending to make a final blow to the Blade unit he was trapped in, and two more not far away. His eyes widened with a mix of shock and fear, and he looked back and forth between the wounded girl and the view from above.

Acting purely on instinct, he heaved the girl out of the pilot chair and sat her down in the space beside it, before getting in the seat himself. The Slaughter Daggers were closing in, and Blue studied the controls of the unit. Finally, he put both hands forward and grasped the controls, and the Blade crept to life once more.

He steered the Blade to get back to its feet, although the obvious damage made that a slower process than he would have liked. He had to let his mind go and act purely on instinct and the winds of fate.

Blue made a small wish that the unit still had some sort of firepower before closing his eyes and pulling a trigger, expecting to hear gunfire. Instead, he saw that the unit had readied its tonfas. His reaction time was too slow, and a Slaughter Dagger came from his right side and send a devastating fist into the unit's side.

Blue clenched his teeth and tried not to have a heart attack as the unit reeled to the left, only luck letting it keep balance. The first Slaughter Dagger charged again, but Blue's reflexes kicked in and the unit swung its tonfas forward, the right one slamming into the dagger's chest unit and cracking it a good bit.

This thing... is trying to kill me! And kill this girl! And everyone else! The left tonfa hit the Dagger in the chest, and the crack grew deeper. Right, left, right left, and as the Slaughter Dagger reeled back, the Blade unit walked forward, until finally, the tonfa pierced the chest of the Dagger and it ceased movement. Blue didn't want to think about what he'd just done.

The other two enemy units came down from their positions slightly above, and began wielding their beam sabers. They charged forward, intending to slice the Blade unit from both sides. Blue panicked, knowing he couldn't take them both out. Right before they approached in for the kill, Blue pulled back the controls and ducked-- causing the Blade to duck as well. The Slaughter Daggers sliced through one another, and the explosion that followed caused shrapnel to fall on top of the unit like metal rain.

The commotion stopped, and Blue, covered in sweat and with eyes as wide as saucers, wondered what exactly he had gotten himself into.
1 : 2 Posted: 06:28 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105132
1 : 2
Post Likes: 0
+
Spoiler:
click to reveal

The soldier whose back was wounded looked up in awe and astonishment at the mechanoid Leila had just boarded.
"She... way to go, kid..." he muttered. He didn't really understand what was going on, and his blurred vision only made things worse, but he was only too relieved, knowing no one else would get hurt.
The enemy approached Leila and her mech, altogether there were four of the bugs and four of the green units.

Enemy
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ x4
-BUG-

Height:
10.4 meters
Weight:
3.8 tons
Armament:
Vulcans, Missiles, Circle Laser, Beam Emitters
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ x4
-SOLDIER-

Height:
20.6 meters
Weight:
30.1 tons
Armament:
Photon Vulcan, Laser Blade (hand carried), Geist Knuckle, Optical Laser (hand carried)
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Although, Leila wouldn't be alone. The Schneide units were also joining in, and though they knew not what the Baruch could possibly be and where it came from, they knew it's on their side, and that it's going to need cover fire.

The man dressed in purple looked down from the rooftop of one of the higher buildings, smiling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Sir! The experimental mechanoids seem to have entered operating status! They're currently engaging our own BMs!" informed an operator from the other side of the bridge of the mercenary battleship.
"The enemy's Blade unit is also still operational! One Slaughter Dagger unit has stopped functioning, two have been destroyed!" chipped in another operator.
"...!!" the captain acknowledged said news with a surprised expression, though not much, most was diminished by the darkly tinted glasses he wore.
"But... We've yet to have sent out any kind of transmission, sir!" the operator whose station he had walked up to informed him, looking over her shoulder at him.
The mercenary captain placed an arm onto the headrest of the operator's seat, which evolved into a tightening grip the next moment, either a sign of his demonstrating his disdain or a spike in his exhilaration, his men did not know. The captain had always been a strange man to them. But his decisions they followed nonetheless, free of doubt and inserting of respect. The captain's hand loosened up. "... I know. Quite the audacious move, wasn't it...? Though sad, I had to admit, I hadn't seen this coming. Radio the remaining airborne units, have them swoop down onto the prey. Deploy half of Squad 14 too, and configure the other half with the electrical weaponry. Now, I mean. It looks like they won't come along without a decent fight...Hehe..."

First there came a tut tut sound, which then became repeated thrice. In the cockpits of both the Delplus and the Cerberus, as well as Kaylee's Blade unit, a window popped up at the side of the visual screen, each containing a bespectacled girl's face peering into the cockpit through the two-way camera function.
"Huh...? Teenagers? Wait, you three are actually in control of your respective machines?" Regina almost seemed to press her face against the screen, not quite believing at first the sight of the students that she could sense from looks alone have never received any formal training in operating boosted mechanoids. The shaggy-haired kid's case was the most obvious. "You, Shaggy." she called out to Blue with a rather rude-sounding nickname. "That's Kaylee's unit, where is she? The pilot of that mech?" Regina asked without looking at him at first, occupied at that time for only a moment by a sudden notification that popped up on her screen. Her fingers continued to dance about the keyboard, as she worked alongside Jarrod and Bruckner to activate the experimental units' weapon systems as quickly as she could. They had agreed that enemies of their enemy would be their friends, if only as long as needed be. But realizing who it is that actually piloted the BMs, she felt a strong belief within her that they were to be trusted.

She looked over to Garm and Night, who were currently fighting.
"You two, try to last for another five minutes. Your weapons should be ready by then. I'm just going to assume that with the number of video games you kids play these days you'll know better how to use them than I do. Just five more minutes, okay?" she said. "When I tell you to, get to the cargo docks. Your weapons will await their masters." she added, slightly feeling proud over her last wordings.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 12:03 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105174
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Through the silence and Blue's deep breathing to try to calm himself, a face appeared on the Blade's visual. Blue looked up to meet its gaze, and listened intently.

"She's resting here, beside the control panel," he let out, pointing over to where she was laying. "I just got in to help her out, I swear! My foot tripped and closed me in here, and then those things attacked and... and..."

Blue's eyes found the floor of the cockpit. The sweat pouring down his face was tinted dark by the dry blood being re-hydrated. As he thought about all that had happened, his voice dropped. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen..."
Craizen Posted: 13:24 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105190
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
"Right Miss."

Leila didn't know if it was simply an AI program or the thing was alive, it didn't matter to here. She steadied herself and properly took a stance as one the bug units spread out to hit her with fire at all sides. The closest one fired a laser shot, and Leila reacted naturally, moving to one side to avoid it. She was surprised at how fluid it was, it was like an extension of her body. She went to far though and ended closer to the bug firing missiles. She went to dodge again but got hit with a few stray shots.

"Dang It! How do i blast these stupid things." She kicked out, and noticed some controls farther down at her feet. She stepped down and rotated one of the shoulder cannons, and squeezed the hand controls up top, hitting off a luck shot in the bug mech's head. She smiled, then evaded again, dodging an attack from one of the green mechs. This time she aimed and fired, setting off both cannons square in the chest of one of the Green Mechs, sending it flying back.

"Maybe I can do this," she said softly to herself. "We can do this."
penguinlord352 Posted: 14:54 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105204
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm nodded, not really in a good situation to take his eyes off of the fight.
"Just tell me when."
He fends off one Slaughter Dagger with another punch, this time an uppercut with the Delplus's left fist. He turned to the other one, which was having some trouble getting back up after he'd kicked it, and began to pummel the chest with the fists, not really thinking about what he was doing and making sure not to stop until it was seriously dented inwards. The unit stopped moving and the power in it went out.
One down.
Then he turned and found the remaining unit running at him. The two got into a dangerous game of hit-and-run as they both repeatedly charged the other, trying to hit but not be hit.

nightmare2 Posted: 16:16 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105221
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
He looked at the girl through the window trying to see a symbol or something that would let him know who she was with. In the end he didn't see why it mattered exactly but he was curious. He assumed he would find out soon enough so he moved his unit easily, now very familiar with how it worked, over to a nearby bus. From there he ripped off the top and held it in his left hand as a type of sheild then jumped out of range from the bus and back at the remaining Slaughter Dagger units.

"Try to? Ha you underestimating me, Girl."

One decides to charge him but Night tricks them by using the top of the bus as a weapon instead of a shield by grabbing with both hands, making his mecha side step, and then batting with full force. Of course being a flimsy cieling for a school bus it didn't do much but did have the desired effect that Night was looking for. The unit smashed into it and ripped it out of his hands, the top was stuck on and around the body. At the last second Night grabs one end and swings it around using momentum and throws it at the other charging unit. The second one attempts to dodge and is hit glancingly. The first smashes into the ground and doesn't get up; while the other regains control and distances himself.

"Almost two down... hang on."

Night bounds forward to the unit on the ground and steps on it, crushing it and killing anyone who could be inside. He the heads back to the first unit he immbolized and does the same before facing the remaing one.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 20:08 Apr05 2012 Post ID: 3105433
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm managed to take an arm off the Slaughter Dagger as they collided once more. The Dagger stumbled, the machine apparently off balance due to the arm loss, giving Garm the opportunity to use the severed arm as a club and beat the back of the machine in. Just like the other unit, the one-armed Slaughter Dagger ceased functioning. The giant metal arm fell to the ground and Garm focused on keeping his eyes out for any other Slaughter Daggers that might be approaching him to keep his mind off of what he had just done. There were many things that he didn't want to think about at that moment, in fact.

1 : 2 Posted: 10:00 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3105920
+
"They're actually doing it! They're winning! It's fantastic! I feel like I'm watching a live version of Robot Derby! I mean, that guy in the Delplus just ripped one of their arms off!" Jarrod excitedly spoke, finding himself unable to look away from the small window on his computer screen that linked up to the transport ship's visual camera. The situation outside reminded him of the aforementioned show and of those Super Robot cartoons he used to watch when he was small.
"Umm, Jarrod..." Marie turned to look at him, a bit upset over his conduct. She'd thought of how badly he'd been reprimanded if the captain had been in the bridge right now. tending to an injured personnel meant that she couldn't find the right words to express how she felt.
"People could die here. It's no time to for you to get all worked up like a kid. Focus!" Bruckner said in his usual cold tone, himself busy typing in commands and code sets. He ran a hand across his forehead-length hair once, feeling droplets of sweat form.
"But that's not the only point I'm getting across... The quicker response time, the smooth flow of operation... Undoubtedly, the SC modules installed within those the Delplus and the Cerberus are responding towards their pilots! They could be..." Jarrod turned to Regina, hoping for a nod from her, but instead his words seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. Even Marie and Bruckner found her sudden silence strange.

Seeing Blue's plight inside the mech's cockpit and realizing how he was coping with it, Regina's mind began to stir with fragments of old memories. Old, bitter memories. She found herself on the verge of holding back tears.
"Listen here, kid! Even if you hadn't meant for it to happen, it's happened! You can only blame yourself for being a stupid, hopeless idiot... You just had to be so selfless and caring... But it's not the end of the line just yet... We'll get you out of that thing, you hear?! You've got to pull back and out from the open as soon as possible!" she said to Blue.
"We're reading nine more contacts on the radar, dropping down fast! Six newly deployed units in addition to the three already out!" notified an operator, much to the dismay of everyone within the bridge.
"That's only half a number of full squadrons! They're keeping more up their sleeves!" Bruckner noted.
Regina could feel her eyes beginning to well up. "Oh god, please... It's gonna happen again...?! They don't belong in those places... They're not supposed to die in there!" she hit the side of the interface with her fist. "No! Kid, listen to me! You've got to live through this! If you can't buck up for yourself, if you can't fight for your own sake... Then do it for hers! That girl, Kaylee! Yours is not the only life at stake here, you hear me?!" she seemed to bark into the screen, alerting everyone else. "You guys all done?" she turned to Bruckner and Jarrod, the latter promptly nodding.
"Your key's the only thing left, doc. Weapons are a go." replied Bruckner.
"Alright! Weapons are all set! You two, NOW!" she shouted for Garm and Night.

((I'll be putting up everyone's current mech specs on the intro post for references soon. For now, though, you guys'll have to refer to the 2nd page for full weapons roster. Lock and load, guys!"))

Zaime grinned again. On the status screen in front of him all the equipment of his Hrairoo had been activated. there wasn't much, though. But it'll do...
"...all too nicely." he thought, deploying one of his mechanoid's beam sabers and cutting through the iron locks and harnesses that held his unit secure within the cargo dock. He didn't stop at just those, though, and his beam saber incinerated through the left side of the cargo dock, bringing the burnt metal down. Gripping the controls firmly, he fired the thrusters, sending the dark blue and white boosted mechanoid soaring up and into the sky, turning to see the entirety of the desert battlefield.

Spoiler:
click to reveal

The familiar sound rang within the other mechs thrice and another small window appeared at the side of the panoramic visual screen, though this time it was on the right and inside it Zaime looked on with his usual mocking expression.
"Well, well... Didn't think a numskull like you could operate one of these, Cavalla. And looks like old Whitey's in the fray too. You were pretty impressive." he said.
"Another guy...? Listen! A number of enemy units are coming, can you guys take them all down?" Regina asked.
"Sure, those bastards interrupted what would've been a good fight for me anyway. I'm all game for a little skirmish..." replied Zaime, firing his thrusters again and soaring through the sky towards the red bleeps on his radar.

Enemy
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ x9
-SLAUGHTER DAGGER-

Armaments: 2x 40mm multi-barrel CIWS, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2x ES01 beam saber, stored in hips, hand-carried in use; 2x 12.5mm anti-infantry gun, fire-linked, mounted in feet; 2x beam saber, stored on Aile pack, hand-carried in use; shield, mounted on left arm

Beam Rifle
Shield
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"LET'S DO THIS THING! HAHA!" shouted Zaime, two of the Slaughter Daggers instantly appearing in front of him through the clouds. One reached out with his shield to strike him down but Zaime had already equipped his Hrairoo's beam sabers. With a flick of the mech's arms the Hrairoo tore through the shield and plunged the beam sabers into the Dagger's cockpit, incinerating the pilots and killing them instantly. Zaime cut all the way through and cleaving it in two horizontally, the lower torso cut into four pieces. The enemy erupted into an explosion as the other pilot backed up to attain some distance between himself and the Hrairoo's pilot. Through the smoke and shrapnel came out a beam shot; much to his surprise the pilot dodged easily, but he became alerted to Zaime's Hrairoo the next moment, coming out of the cloud of thick smoke and by that time it was too late to dodge. Zaime sent one of the Hrairoo's beam cannon barrels (on the shield binders) smashing into the side of the Dagger's torso and pulled the trigger, firing a beam shot into and through the BM. He pulled out and the thrusters of the Hrairoo roared as the Slaughter Dagger exploded.

Seven more of the Daggers break through the clouds and swooped down towards the live BMs. Three moved further away from the real battles and head for the unactivated units.
"Hurry, take your weapons!" Regina said to Garm and Night. "As best as you can, please help the Blade unit survive this. The enemy won't hesitate to destroy it!"

« Last edited by 1 : 2 on Apr 8th 2012 »

penguinlord352 Posted: 10:50 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3105957
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm withdrew the Delplus to the cargo container it had been in before. He saw the weapons, a shield, a 60mm vulcan gun, and a beam rifle. The beam rifle was attached to the Delplus's back by mechanical arms and the Vulcan gun was placed on the BM's right wrist. Garm seized the shield with the mech's left hand and exited the container. He sees the trio heading for the inactive units and takes advantage of the Delplus's movement speed to intercept them and bash them together with the shield. He drew the beam saber and took up a clearly professional sword fighting stance developed from years of training in his family's unique sword-fighting style which wields a shield in the non-dominant hand and a sword in the right. The Delplus moves as Garm directs it, slicing through the first two of the three with two simple swings of the arm.
"We should protect the inactive units too, right?"

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Apr 8th 2012 »

nightmare2 Posted: 18:05 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3106006
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Night bounded back over to the cargo container he had found his machine in and equipped all the weapons, then he pulled out what seemed to be a sword and activated it; gving it a few test swings before slowly walking out.

"I got a better idea why don't you jut sit there and let the big kids finish this fight, Mr. WhiteKnight."

By big kids Night obviously meant himself and Zaime, who he had given some respect to as he wasn't a complete loser like Garm. Also because Zaime was the only one who was actual honest in the fact that he was killing the other pilots; Night could practically gaurentee Garm and Blue both were pushing that thought as far back in their minds as possible.

"Well atleast I can cut those little annoying pilots cleanly and symetrically now."

The last of the three Dagger unit from before was now joined with two more, which didn't worry him at all seeing as he fought previously with no weapons and still brought down two with ease. He readied his sword and jumped forward at one, halfway in the air realizing the mecha could fly/hover and was able to cover the distance between the themselves in a matter of a few seconds; and stabbed directly through it's cockpit taking it mostly by surprise.

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Craizen Posted: 13:58 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106227
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Leila looked at her back up and took off, doing what felt natural next as she began weaving through missiles and bullets. One of the bug units kept hitting her, as she hadn't really gotten used to checking her perimeter. Finally managing to find it, she kicked it, hard. It flew into the air a little bit as she fired of a cannon shot to blow it up. The AI chirped up again.

"Ms. Collins, why not try out the Twin Wheel Buster? I trust you will find it quite effective."

" I'm assuming that's the large thing? No matter.

She switched hands, moving it into her natural left and went at it, swiping and missing at first at two of the green mechs, then moving back and hitting one, the sound of slicing metal being heard as it was ripped in half.

"Oh yes, I could get used to this.

She took out another green mech and backed up as the screaming units ganged up and began to concentrate their fire. She raised the buster and started to charge a shot, the energy protecting her as she let it lose, taking out the remaining units in one shot. She looked around, scanning for more enemies and what to do next. She thought about the black mech from earlier, but that thing scared the crap out of her.
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 03:40 Apr24 2012 Post ID: 3108753
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
The strange woman's words penetrated Blue's heart, and swirled around in is mind like a drill reaching to his very core. That's right, his life wasn't the only one on the line here-- he couldn't be so selfless as to run away, no matter how bad he wanted to. The sweat on his face began to dry as he took deep breaths, the blood once again beginning to grow thick and crust, leaving his face streaked with crimson. He looked at the monitor, and the Slaughter Daggers were approaching.

One landed directly behind him, so he whipped the Blade around to face it. The Dagger lifted its beam rifle and fired a shot, but Blue ducked and shot forward, readying the tonfas. Before the Dagger could fire another shot, it took a tonfa to the head, which sent it toppling backwards across the desert. Blue surged forward, eager to finish it off so this would all be over. He leaped into the air, about to come down with a finishing blow, when another Slaughter Dagger came from his side and tackled him in mid-air, sending the Blade unit crashing down hard to the earth below.

The power inside the unit cut off for a moment, before flipping back on. Blue was wincing in pain from the whiplash of landing. He looked at the girl beside him and saw she'd been thrown about a bit as well, which which wasn't good for someone with a head injury.

"I.. can't do this..." Blue grit his teeth and grabbed his shoulder, which had banged hard against the cockpit on landing. "We're both going to die and it's going to be my fault!" He cursed fate and let his frustration materialize, before letting out a yell and slamming the controls forward, causing the Blade to get to its feet. "I don't know why I'm expected to do this! Why do I have to die?!" His words and actions were working against one another, as the blade unit readied its tonfas one more time. "It's impossible!"

The Blade unit shot forward, toward the two Slaughter Daggers. They both fired shots at the unit, but once more it leaped into the air a great distance. The Slaughter Daggers took a few steps back and looked up, trying to get a good sight on it, but by the time the Blade was close enough, it was too late.

Both tonfas pierced both of the chests of the Slaughter Daggers, and their was a split second of silence before the Blade was masked by two explosions.
penguinlord352 Posted: 12:40 Apr24 2012 Post ID: 3108813
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
The Delplus shield bashed the remaining Slaughter Dagger that had gone after the inactive units repeatedly, and Garm had it finish with a slash that cut it straight down the center.
No more running...from the past...or from what I'm doing right now. I've killed before, and now I am again. Only now it's in self-defense. Does that justify my actions, though? No. I am merely a weapon. Weapons don't act. Weapons kill.
Garm took a few deep breaths, the look on his face changing slightly, then he prepared himself, putting the beam saber away and pulling the beam rifle off the Delplus's back, readying it in case more enemies came down from the clouds. The machine went down on one knee, bracing the beam rifle like a sniper rifle. Not in the way a military-trained soldier would, but the way a contract killer might.

nightmare2 Posted: 19:14 Apr24 2012 Post ID: 3108873
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
The other two mechas jumped back in opposite directions and gained some distance between Night and their fallen comrade. Night cleanly pulled out the sword and backed out a little ways before charging the one to his left, once again making use of the hovering capability to shorten the distance quickly. He brought his sword downward but it dodged and attempted to smash into him but Night was getting better and managed to manuever out of the way then cut off one of it's arms. He picked up the cut off arm with his mecha's remaining arm and smashed the enemy unit back with it. Glancing back he noticed the other unit was about to fire it's gun on him so he dropped his sword and the arm then grabbed the enemy unit in front of him and pulled it forward right as the other unit fired. Thus eliminating it and guarding from the other attack, the final unit obviously was surpirsed at such an action and paused, in the small pause Night dropped the unit in his hands, picked up his dropped sword, and threw it straight at the final unit piercing it through the chest.

"That was awesome... haha. These machines are really something else must be new series or more advanced than what these guys got."

Night moved over and recovered his sword before surveying the area for the damage that was obviously caused. He saw the two other machines which Garm and Blue were using and not too far off the school bus and cargo containers where most of the students were cowering.

1 : 2 Posted: 05:55 Apr27 2012 Post ID: 3109139
+
((I'll try my best to end both sides of this intro chapter with one post, but one side might lag on a bit, it'll get easier when they're all together in the next chapter))

Zaime rams into the last of the enemy Daggers in the pilot's momentary bout of panic at the unexpected opposition and breaks through the torso with his mech's hand. "Hrairoo... you're quite the terrible fighter, ain't ya?" he remarked. He pulled back on his joystick and the mechanical arm throbbed out back from the ruined circuitry. The Dagger fell back to the ground, slanted, and Zaime aimed his binder beam cannon straight at the cockpit. He pulled the trigger, and the shot scorched through the cockpit block and erased it and its pilot altogether, though the machine did not detonate. He looked around, his radar empty save for blips indicating the other experimental units. He noted how their IDs had been added into the Hrairoo's data banks. "Well, that's more or less our job for the day, eh buddy?" he spoke, patting the side of his cockpit as if the machine had been his for some time. He opened the communications window. "We're done here. Now, if you don't mind, I think I'll take my new pal here for a joyride." Zaime said to Regina, the bespectacled girl from earlier. She, though, was turned to Jarrod.
"Any signs of more enemy units nearby?" she asked.
"None on radar... But the battleship's not budged yet. What're we gonna do now?" Jarrod asked in return.
"The enemy's staying put with their ship so as not to alert nearby Earth Federation Forces patrols with their bulk. They won't dare make so much of a proactive move." Bruckner cut in.
"That doesn't answer my question..." Jarrod quipped. Regina thought for an answer, ignoring Zaime.

Zaime decided to go on ahead with his joyride. That is, if his Hrairoo hadn't suddenly stopped moving, as if bolted down by chains. "What the hell... Why aren't you moving?" at first he thought that maybe Regina had done something remotely, but at that moment electricity surged through iron cable-fitted claws that clamped onto the Hrairoo's arms and onwards through to the boosted mechanoid, shocking Zaime within, whose sudden snarl surprised everyone at the other end of the communications window.
"Huh?! What just happened?" Regina asked.
"The Hrairoo's being inflicted with electrical shocks!" Bruckner let out a trickle of sweat.
"...Jarrod, filter the ship's camera with heat detection!" Regina ordered suddenly. Jarrod did just so. The live camera feed showed clumps of heat - shaped like Daggers - landing down just beside the Delplus and the Cerberus, as if the two respective pilots didn't notice them. "Argh! Adonis, Blondie, watch out!" she blurted out random nicknames she came up with for Garm and Night at the moment.

Outside, the six Daggers equipped with electromagnetic stealth emitters dropped down from the clouds, and with their stealth that hinders both other units' visual and radar, both the Delplus and the Cerberus weren't acknowledging their presence. Their iron-electrical claws clamped onto the experimental units' arms. They flicked down the switch and let loose jolts of electricity into the two mechanoids, intending to kill their pilots within without damaging the units too badly. They ignored Blue's dagger for now, their priority on the experimental units. It wasn't as if the lowly unit could see through their high-ended electrical equipment, anyway.

Zaime fought through the pain and tried to steer his Hrairoo round and face the enemy stealth Dagger but the iron clamps were holding it secure, expunging any chance of movement. The Delplus and Cerberus are in similar situations also.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Truly, the black mechanoid was no average enemy. In spite of its only semi-humanoid proportions of body it were able to soar into the air, its wings of black resembling that of a fallen angel's, scarred with red marks and tears. None of their conventional weaponry had shown any effect on the mechanoid. Burn Leader and Burn 2 would have to resort to other means. The former charged forward as his adversary came to level with his own BM and pulled out one of the sabers stored in the back thruster pack, bringing the yellow beam down on the "black angel".

It parried the burning beam saber with its hand, bare, as if the sword was merely made of metal.

"What?! This is--" Burn Leader couldn't finish, the thing's other arm forming into a fist and striking his Schneide's torso in a powerful blow. He could feel the insides of his unit tensing apart as the giant is sent hurtling down and crashing onto the concrete below. Burn 2 fired off another rail bullet that seemed to ricochet off the black mechanoid's armor into oblivion, prompting her to boost forward and mount one of her BM's blade tonfas to strike the black unit in the head. The hit connected, surprisingly, and she dodged the arm swipe that came next. She struck the things' head a couple more times, but knew it didn't do much and backed away, raising the massive railgun her BM held to fire once more when she realized why her hits were able to connect. The thing was not paying the two much attention; it was looking over to the other newly-arrived brown-colored BM grounded a distance away.
"That thing... So I was right. These things are related to each other. But why are they fighting on different sides?" thought Burn 2.
"...CONFIRMED. BARUCH IN VICINITY, WIELDER BEIRUA NOVOHT NOT IN VICINITY. ASTRANAGANT WIELDER NOT IN VICINITY. TAKING APPROPRIATE MEASURES..." a monotone voice eluded from the black angel, the red light that emanated from its face glowing once.
"Huh? Did that thing just speak?" Burn 2 craned her neck in surprise but didn't have time to think much about it when the black mechanoid raised one arm in a similar manner to earlier, alerting her that it was about to attack again. "Ahh! It's targeting the brown one!" she charged her Schneide forward as the spheres began to form, tonfa readied, but was stopped when a voice rang into her communications receptor.
"That won't be a good idea! Stay back, and lemme handle it!" spoke the young man's voice. "Worm Hole Attack!" he shouted after a quick pause.
"Who...?" Burn 2 continued to wonder, her unit stopped, as the black angel continued to gather energy for its attack. Suddenly, multiple black vortexes similar to the one the black BM appeared from, only smaller in size, appeared all around the black angel, surrounding it. Surprised, the black angel aborted its attack and soared upwards, barely missing the energy beams that fire out of each wormhole. The beams disappeared back into void through the wormholes opposite of the ones that fired them, due to their target having flown away, preventing any collateral damage to the surroundings. The wormholes closed up and another one opened out of thin air, positioned like a doorway.
"Too bad it didn't hit... It must've been some attack if the thing had to actually move... What's going on here? Nothing makes sense...!" Burn 2 watched as a bulky blue mechanoid (or what she thought was one) appeared out of the wormhole.
"So, you're the one that's setting off all those anomalies. They were off the charts... Where the heck did you come from?! As far as I know, only two other mechs like the Granzon were built..." the young man spoke the last line in a lower voice, as if speaking to himself, though Burn 2 could still hear his whisper-like voices leak from his BM's speakers. The black angel stood silent, processing the events in front of it. Then it moved, its arms raised to its sides, anticipating a battle. "Whoever you are, I'll make ya talk!" added the young man, but he couldn't act before a wide beam of laser cut through the skies in between them.

In the distance, the Ark of Steel, the Hagane rises into the air from the main underground hangar of Phalanx Air Base. Its massive size, comparable to a portion of the entirety of Palisade City, drew up strong gusts of wind in its ascent that swept until even the city and Baruch.

Within the bridge, its captain and executive officer stand ready.

"So, that's the 'Black Angel', eh?" the captain, his arms crossed, watches as the blue bulky mechanoid went back to distancing itself from the black mechanoid.
"But... another mechanoid's been added to the list of units we have no information whatsoever on. The blue one. What are they, all of them...?" Tetsuya asked, to which the captain had answers not.
"..." the black mechanoid let out a whizzing sound for a bit before creating another wormhole at its side. It entered without another word and disappeared.
"Wha... Wait, damn it! Don't think you can get away from me!" the blue mechanoid drew up another wormhole itself and went through, disappearing as well. in the end, Burn 2 was left dumbstruck at the whole thing. It didn't matter though. She needed to go to her partner's side.

"The two unknown units have been confirmed to leave the premises." an operator notified.
"What are your orders, Captain Daitetsu?" Tetsuya turned to his right and asked.
"...Retrieve our soldiers as well as the Schneide units. Before that, though... have the Schneide units apprehend the brown one." Daitetsu replied.
"But sir, it helped us defeat a majority of the enemies. Such a response doesn't seem..." Tetsuya remarked.
"I understand that, XO. But we have practically no information regarding it and its origins. If the operator of that thing truly wishes to help us, he would do fine to let us bring him and the mechanoid aboard." Daitetsu replied, oblivious to the fact that the Baruch's pilot was actually a young girl.

At that time, the Hagane has already risen above the city. The Schneides, having confirmed that no more enemy units are left, turn their attention to Baruch, their guns trained. The group of soldiers that had helped Leila has separated into two groups. One went forward to take the civilians to the shelters. The other brought their injured comrades to board the Hagane for emergency care.

penguinlord352 Posted: 06:11 Apr27 2012 Post ID: 3109141
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Rather than struggle against the restraining grips and the electricty, Garm activated the Delplus's considerably powerful thrusters, dragging the slaughter daggers behind it at an increasing speed, smashing one, two, three off before taking to the air more freely. Switching the camera view to search for heat emissions, Garm targets the two on his left arm, takes the beam rifle in his right and blasts their heads off before prying the mechs from his arm. That left no more mechs on him.
"Clear."
Garm maintained a decent flying height, watching out for any invisible thieves near the inactivated units, and the overturned school buses too.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Apr 27th 2012 »

nightmare2 Posted: 18:28 Apr27 2012 Post ID: 3109232
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Bastards..."

Night clenched his teeth and managed to stay awake during the shock as well as quickly slicing off the closest enemy's legs then using his thrusters to blast himself out of their range.

"You guys just don't know how to give up do ya? Guess I will have to kill ya too."

Night just readied his sword while looking over his unit's current status, everything seemed okay so he assumed the attack was meant only for him.

1 : 2 Posted: 20:32 Apr27 2012 Post ID: 3109250
+
The Hrairoo continued to receive waves of electrical shocks from two of the cloaked Daggers behind it. The clamps that held fast its two arms weren't allowing Zaime to turn even slightly, nor did his hands have the option of pressing forward and activating his thrusters due to the gradually increasing numbness that inflicted him.
"Grr... As a soldier, I can't die this early on... My mission..." he only manages to mutter those words amidst the electricity pouring into the Hrairoo's cockpit, but he realized that it may well be his end.

Elena couldn't fathom it. She could sense someone in great distress nearby. All of a sudden, she was no longer crying in fear of suddenly finding herself inside a darkly-lit small space. Her hands moved without she knowing it and the cockpit space lit, and the boosted mechanoid was finally activated.

"Damn it! This isn't where I'll be stopping off, you scraps of..." Zaime pulled the last bits of his strength for a forceful rebound. In the distance, another cargo dock was torn apart by beam shots coming from within. A boosted mechanoid flared up and into the air.

Spoiler:
click to reveal

"Stop it! Stop hurting him!" Elena suddenly burst out, charging towards two cloaked Daggers that held the Hrairoo in place. An arm of the Byarlant moved forward and fired beam shots at high rate of fire(like a machine gun) at one of the Daggers, striking the torso and legs and decimating the BM's structure with only a single round of fire, as Elena closed distance with the other. The former burst into an explosion as the Byarlant raised its other arm in the veil of the smoke and struck down the remaining Dagger with its arm-mounted beam saber, burning it down halfway through its torso in a violent rupture, striking the reactor and causing it to explode, the impulse sending the Byarlant tumbling back, but a hand captured its arm. The Hrairoo gazed in through the smoke, its left hand clutching the Byarlant's own claw firmly.

Elena smiled weakly, slightly shivering, when Zaime looked in from the other side of the communications window that just popped up and said "Thanks, mate... Thanks a lot for the save." his dreary face a testament to the electrical shock he had just been subjected to, that should've killed any normal person within mere seconds. She didn't know why she smiled, but worse off she had no idea of what she had just did. Such a thing felt to her like instinctual behavior, piloting the Byarlant.

(Night, take care of the last one, alright?)

nightmare2 Posted: 21:17 Apr27 2012 Post ID: 3109252
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
(Fine.. making me do all the work))
"One left, wow that was quick."

Night jumps forward and activates his thrusters again and blasts straight at it, readying his sword like a lance to pierce it. The unit moved to the side thinking it would be ab;e to counter however Night had predicted something like that and right before passing the unit he switched the direction his thrusters were aiming and blasted the at full force. Cerebus smashed straight into the final enemy unit and practically crumpled it instantly.

"Damn that was awesome. Hey glasses I get to keep this guy, right?"

Displaying Page 3 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close