Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Mascot

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Vicar Posted: 12:23 Mar19 2012 Post ID: 3101678
Vicar
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 0
+
Anyone recall the old getting started guide? It had a few pictures in it that... weren't so great. Well, I've been given permission to re-write the guide, and make new pictures of it. Thing is, I need to develop a new SC mascot first. I have a nice idea of what needs to be done.

I really like this thing. We can't use it though.

Rich said:As for ownership of the image, becuase it is a derivitive of Optimus Prime we can't explicitly claim ownership, the designer just used it for one reason or another - I didn't even know it was OP until way down the line. So it is not something we can really publish or sell etc... There are 3 other t-shirt designs I think.

Shay and I were going to try to make a scaled down, almost cartoon like version of it for use in the Pokemon Brawl Newsletter, Getting Started guide, etc. Just wanted to know if anyone had anything to throw in, or wanted to help.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Craizen Posted: 13:27 Mar19 2012 Post ID: 3101683
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
If you can get a smootline sketch I would love to vector it <3

I might try working on an original design too.
Vicar Posted: 12:44 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105184
Vicar
Orbis terrarum est mei
+

I somewhat like Shay's version. Robo-mouse-skeleton thing.
Problem now is getting it to a point where it can be re-created easily in different positions.

Vicar said:And I'm just doodling to see what can be simplified. I keep seeing the skeleton-mouse thing with that helmet on. A black spandex-like body suit on that reaches up to the non-existant neck. Silver boots that reach up to the knees as well as silver shoulder pads. An open orange dress-like shirt that's connected at the chest by that Xbox controller. Haven't decided on the forearm and hands yet.

But seriously. Is there any way you can take your concept and apply what I have in mind to make it... simpler? This thing has to be re-created a lot in different positions. I mean, I always imagined it leaning against the S in the SuperCheats logo. I need it to be cross armed in a leaning position, viewed from the side. Gotta get a simple design down first before that can be done. :S

« Last edited by Vicar on Apr 4th 2012 »
skymin Posted: 14:10 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105198
skymin
Call me Shay.
+
That was with Derek's idea of having a sort of orange shirt-like thing and a completely black body - though, I liked the remotes on the legs, so I put them in the boots. Imagine the top part of the helmet orange as well, then whatever else is uncolored is a white-ish silver color.

And that's basically all I got. :/
Vicar Posted: 14:11 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105199
Vicar
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
I love it, personally. It fits the mood of SC.
skymin Posted: 14:16 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105200
skymin
Call me Shay.
+
The mood of SC is that of a small robotic mouse thing with a mischevious grin and an orange jacket?
Vicar Posted: 14:23 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105201
Vicar
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
skymin said:small robotic

A video game site appealing to the younger generations?

skymin said:mouse

The site has an entire section dedicated to Pokemon, while Pikachu is its mascot.

skymin said:mischevious grin

No-one here has an ounce of maturity. We're all out to be mischievous and start ****.

skymin said:orange jacket?

SC colors dawg.
skymin Posted: 14:45 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105202
skymin
Call me Shay.
+
That suddenly makes a whole lot of sense. And I just thought the robot mouse would look cool. XD
Craizen Posted: 21:50 Apr04 2012 Post ID: 3105281
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
It does remind me of Pikachu. I say create three basic poses.

The Cool((Like, leaning on SC Logo, Arm's crossed))

The Action((Jumping away, like from an explosion))

The Standard,((random pose, pasted on most things))
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 22:00 Apr24 2012 Post ID: 3108894
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Well, I guess it isn't going to get any better than that. Craize? You still up for trying to color it? The ears need to be fixed a little, but I'm sure that could be done in coloring. Any chance you could color it in a style that matches the new logo?
skymin Posted: 07:27 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3108942
skymin
Call me Shay.
+
If I get time today I can try to draw the poses Craize is talking about. :/
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 10:22 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3108960
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
Vicar said:No-one here has an ounce of maturity. We're all out to be mischievous and start ****.

I beg to differ.

I for one think that something as important as a site mascot should actually be thought about, fleshed out and put through a process. If it's gonna be on the site and on shirts, at least.

Might not be a bad idea to have a sitewide contest so we can get a good variety of designs in. Put it on the main page with a link to a thread about it, so it'll be a double whammy in terms of more designs and more forum traffic. The winner could get a free shirt with the final design on it, or whatever else is decided.
skymin Posted: 15:25 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3108979
skymin
Call me Shay.
+
I second this notion. Mainly because it's a great idea, but also because I'm incredibly lazy and don't like to do work. :D
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:03 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3108983
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
dark_wolf_33 said:
Vicar said:No-one here has an ounce of maturity. We're all out to be mischievous and start ****.

I beg to differ.

I for one think that something as important as a site mascot should actually be thought about, fleshed out and put through a process. If it's gonna be on the site and on shirts, at least.

Might not be a bad idea to have a sitewide contest so we can get a good variety of designs in. Put it on the main page with a link to a thread about it, so it'll be a double whammy in terms of more designs and more forum traffic. The winner could get a free shirt with the final design on it, or whatever else is decided.

This is a good idea, though perhaps instead instead of it being in the forums it could just be on the main site where people can submit their drawings and everyone can vote on which one they think is best. Having it on the forums, I think, would be kind of a hassle for whoever would have to update the thread, and a lot of people don't like posting on forums anyway.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 16:09 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3108984
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
I've had this thread open for a month. Ive talked about this for 3 months. No one other than Shay has done anything so far. I really can't see anyone else giving this a go. Rich says he likes the design, so I'm happy with what we have.
skymin Posted: 17:23 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3108989
skymin
Call me Shay.
+
Yeah, but don't you think it would be nice to at least take a look at what other people come up with? If someone can make a better mascot that I can, then I'd love for theirs to be used and not just ignored because they took too long. :/
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 20:36 Apr25 2012 Post ID: 3109003
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
At a later date, yes. I have deadlines though. I need something finished and ready in 4 days. This one will have to work, even if it's a prototype.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 01:38 Apr26 2012 Post ID: 3109013
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
The drawing looks pretty cool...
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
balthiersbit Posted: 04:42 Apr26 2012 Post ID: 3109035
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Having a mascot is soooo American do we have to?

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Pravinj Posted: 04:48 Apr26 2012 Post ID: 3109036
Pravinj
^Oh look! my username...
Post Likes: 60
+
I have a mascot for my life.....he's name's god....he's supposed to be some big shot somewhere.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Email: [email protected]
~Avy and Sig by me~
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close