For this site to have a future(its grown on me so I want it to) we need to archive ALL THE FORUMS and move a few important threads to: Gaming
- All gaming related stuff with the exception of news posted here. News should be posted on the front page imo. Pokemon can be a sub-forum if necessary because General
- includes the current general chat, music, films, new members, supercheats times and suggestions and problems. Basically everything that's not gaming. Rule changes:
Off-topic rule should be completely removed. As there's only so much you can say about a topic but a lot you can say in a conversation.
Only keep non-flaming and double posting rules. Teams changes:
Remove the 20 posts per day for newbies rule. I've seen it drive away 2 newbies already and it's utterly pointless. Mods:
Only two will be needed to write the new rules/apply all the changes. New style:
Not needed but may add novelty to the idea of a "completely new forum". Why this will increase activity by 100% within a month or I'll eat my shorts:
- I always have a lot to say, and I'm not alone. However I'm not going to bother to post in a dead forum and get no views just because I want to share a band with you guys. This is the primary reason as I don't feel that all of these forums are necessary. Since this forum is currently the most viewed, if everything goes in here all topics will be easier to see and comment on and along with looser rules, you can basically guarantee more activity.
for instance: If I want to post a topic about Little Big Planet but not something specific, I can now simply make a topic in gaming titled "So who plays Little Big Planet?" and it will generate tons more discussion than entire forum devoted to it because it's hard to think of specific things you want to discuss about the game.
- The "new forum" can be advertised on the front page which will draw the curious and attract attention. It can also be advertised in emails to old members which will undoubtedly draw the, back, if only in curiosity.
- There are way too many forums and I hate wading through all of them to get the actual content.
- We've got nothing to lose.
So yes, I do want it to be like PXE. I'll only mention that once but the truth is, those guys on PXE basically are Supercheats. They just realized that the current website sucks and kept the community going on over there. But obviously that's not for everyone. I want the same sense of community in here while still being able to discuss serious things with strangers. Does that make sense? I hope so otherwise I just wasted 15 minutes of my life.
I've never been a mod but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that things are out of whack. If this works we can get more sub-forums if gaming and general get too crowded.
TL;DR: Complete revamp is the only thing that will bring this place back to life. I want to start anew.
Your choice members, open to suggestions, criticisms and better ideas.
« Last edited by The Arsonist on Apr 15th 2012 »
TheMadArsonist: JONATHAN FOR MOD 2012
supapika: wait what?
supapika: so the mayans were right!