Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

SC Revamp

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Keyblade21 Posted: 06:20 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107420
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
Xeta said:Yeah probably from all the existing members leaving but there's always the possibility of new members.

What the heck is your problem? I've seen you and Geezerguy come here and do nothing but b****h. What's the point in coming in the first place? Derek/Pollo is trying to help, he always has been. He's pretty cool if you give him the chance. It's not people like him that make members venture away, it's members like you that do. I know of only a few existing members that don't like him, but that's their problem.
The Arsonist said:Lol this entire topic is probably going to change nothing anyways :/

I'm all for Derek being admin, he's probably the only one active that cares enough.

It was a good topic Burn, you put a lot into perspective, and i agree a lot with everything that you've said.

I think your right about Pollo being Admin, but he's said before that Rich can't afford another Root/Techie right now, so that's why Pollo isn't one. Richard is doing what he thinks is good for the site right now, so we just have to trust him. When Pollo does become Root, i think things will change for the better, but only time will tell.

« Last edited by Keyblade21 on Apr 16th 2012 »

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 06:58 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107429
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Oh, this thread again...

These days, every version of this thead always ends up as "I want Derek root" vs "I don't want Derek root". I don't think it would make much of a difference, myself. If it does happen, good for Derek.

Word of advice - if you think it's worth him giving a sh[i][/i]it, send all this 'advice' and stuff to Rich. He's the one making money, and it's up to him how he does it. The Forums were just something he added to include an extra element for a few members to chat and have fun. He's neglected the forums for years now because...they're simply not important. They don't generate much, if any, income. So why would he focus his attention on the forums over the main site?

Yossy666's 'post' is the best one in the thread. A few of you make a couple of good points, but you're missing the fact that the forums are quite the opposite of the be all end all of SuperCheats.

« Last edited by Volke on Apr 16th 2012 »
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 07:23 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107431
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Volke said:These days, every version of this thead always ends up as "I want Derek root" vs "I don't want Derek root".

And it gives me lulz.

sphynxx said:Nah, he sucks.

And you swallow. Speak to the hand
stormform Posted: 07:46 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107432
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
Volke said:These days, every version of this thead always ends up as "I want Derek root" vs "I don't want Derek root".

Exactly why I always stay(d) out of these thread. If you really wanted more activity aside from the endless AR code requests and all that nonsense that goes on in the pokemon forums just put a bigger link on the main page, or maybe a link on the slideshow on the main page.

Jay_Dee Posted: 14:05 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107513
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
sphynxx said:Yeah, but he's all "shlurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp vrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom" like some kind of wierd vacuum cleaner. I'm kind of like a basin plug that's just had a tiny amount of water in it - just enough to get a lil suction, but not enough to say I truly suck :D

I... this metaphor is very strange. I think I like it, but I'm not sure...
kazualsk8r Posted: 14:24 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107518
kazualsk8r
aka Oatmeal
Post Likes: 3
+
Honestly, Derek as Root would give these ideas (or any ideas) a bigger chance of being implemented.
Rip Betty white
balthiersbit Posted: 14:35 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107520
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Urgh, think my gastroenteritis is coming back, either that or this topic is making me feel sick.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

The Arsonist Posted: 15:10 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107528
The Arsonist
Post Likes: 11
+
^Off topic, to the bant with you!!!

TheMadArsonist: JONATHAN FOR MOD 2012
supapika: YEAH
supapika: wait what?
supapika: D:
TheMadArsonist: JON2012
supapika: so the mayans were right!

balthiersbit Posted: 15:23 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107529
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
Oh believe me, it was on topic.

nightmare2 Posted: 15:28 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107531
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Admin got final say on whether something is on or off topic.

Rich is nice so I am sure if you spam the crap out of his email he will do something but as someone said somewhere up above the forums disappearing won't damage the site. The site is the money maker the forums are just an extra incentive for people to keep coming back on a daily or weekly basis. As well as bring in members who are likely to contribute to the site itself which is always a help.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Xeta Posted: 19:53 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107554
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Keyblade21 said:
Xeta said:Yeah probably from all the existing members leaving but there's always the possibility of new members.

What the heck is your problem? I've seen you and Geezerguy come here and do nothing but b****h. What's the point in coming in the first place? Derek/Pollo is trying to help, he always has been. He's pretty cool if you give him the chance. It's not people like him that make members venture away, it's members like you that do. I know of only a few existing members that don't like him, but that's their problem.

Because SC used to be cool before Derek. Don't tell me he is cool. I've known him since he was a mod and I do not think he is cool. It's not like I don't know who he is. I know he's trying and pretty much succeeding with helping with the main site, but imo he's ruining the forums entirely. If you like him that's fine, I don't have to like him. I know quite a few members who don't like him. I'm sure you know just as many people who do like him. That's great.

You know I'm actually for Derek becoming Root admin. For one it would give me a reason to never come to this website again (not like I come on often anymore anyways). Second off most likely he actually would help with the site and I would like for Rich to continue this website even though I really have no interest in it anymore, probably for nostalgic reasons but whatever.

I don't like Derek but honestly he's the best choice for whatever and he isn't going anywhere and he is always going to get Rich to give him some position on this site no matter how much the other smods or admins complain so I've come to accept the fact that this site will probably never be Derekless and it's whatever I mean I may not like him but who cares what I think. Honestly why are you even defending him superhero, he's a big boy and he pretty much has the right idea in ignoring all my dumb posts anyways.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Keyblade21 Posted: 21:21 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107564
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
Wow i really exploded. I'm sorry about that Xeta, and i respect what you are saying. I honestly didn't mean to explode like that and yeah it's your choice whether to leave or stay, but i don't think you should leave just because of one person.

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
Yogi_Bear Posted: 21:42 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107570
Yogi_Bear
Post Likes: 0
+
Although the forums are not the main source of income for the site and therefore not the main focus of Rich's attention, there are some rather minor changes that could be put into place that would probably help activity by getting older members back and by getting new members to stay. While the plan that Derek has been working on is all well and good to get things more active with new members, there are some minor things that can be done easily to get more activity.

First, extending or eliminating the post limit for new members is a good idea and it should be implemented as soon as it can. If it is expanded, it should be somewhere around 40-50 posts, and it should last for 24 or 48 hours at the most. The downside to this method is that new members may still be scared off if they try to post more than that and find that they can't. The upside to this method is obviously to maintain some sort of automated control of new members in the case that a banned member makes a new account to spam. However, realistically, how often does that happen? The other option is to eliminate the post limit entirely for new members. The upside to that being, obviously, that new members would be more inclined to post, since they can post, while the downside would be the potential for banned members or bots to spam, although the mods are in place to take care of this problem. Overall, I favor the approach to eliminate the post limit for new members altogether.

Second, condensing the forums is a great idea. The Video Game boards should be condensed into one, with a subforum or a separate forum for Pokemon and the other most active boards. As for General Boards, General Chat could be combined with D&D. There could be an Entertainment forum which would encompass A/C/C, Books, Music, Sports, Technology, at TV&Film. The G&A and G&A - Requests Forums should be merged into one, and FF&RP should remain a separate forum, as should S&P and SCT. By condensing the less active boards together, as well as condensing boards which are less active with those that are more active, we will appear more active, and more people will want to join if they see that we have lots to contribute consistently.

Lastly, regarding moderation, I don't think there needs to be any changes. While I am probably biased since I would probably eliminated if we reduced the number of moderators, I think that it is useful to have as many moderators as we do, since at least one staff member is online most of the time.

« Last edited by Yogi_Bear on Apr 16th 2012 »
Thanks Craizen

Proc^^
++Pixel Euphoria
Jay_Dee Posted: 21:58 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107575
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
If the Post Limit does stay in some way, it should be made more obvious to new members that the restriction will be lifted. And it should be mentioned to them that it even exists. I know that when I made this new account, I had completely forgotten about the Post Limit (considering the last time I had to deal with it was 2008). I don't remember reading anything when signing up about that limit, and then suddenly I wasn't able to post anymore. And then I don't remember being told that the limit will be lifted eventually. Maybe it's just me forgetting things, but if neither of those exist - they should be added. If the limit isn't removed, at least.

If you go and look through the Video Game forum, you'll see that easily over half of the forums haven't been posted in since 2007 or 2008. Many of them haven't even been posted in at all. Obviously that forum could use a little cleaning. If someone has something they'd like to say about a game that doesn't have a forum anymore, that's what General Gaming Discussion is for. To me, VGForums needs the most work in terms of condensing. There's just so much, and half of it is completely unnecessary.
I completely agree with what Yogi said about an Entertainment forum. That seems insanely important. Having all of those into one would make the forum look slightly more active than it really is, too. The two G&A forums should obviously be merged. I've never liked that there were two separate forums. And yeah, I agree with the rest of Yogi's suggestions on what to do with the General Discussions forum.
On the Forum Home, I think the Launch Center and Gaming News forums should be merged. Or just completely eliminate LC, since it hasn't been posted in since last September. But really, they're for basically the same thing, so I don't see a need to have both.

I don't think staff should be reduced, too. And I don't have any possibility of being biased - I'm not a staff member. Marcus just left the Smod position, so that's been lowered obviously. There is usually at least one Forum mod on at once, but if any of them were removed, there would be some periods of time where the forums would be vulnerable to an 'attack.' So the staff as low as it is currently is good enough. I don't think it needs to be changed. Other than the possibility of Derek being promoted... if that's actually a good idea...

And I think there is a reason for Rich to give some attention to the forums. Many of the posters also submit to the main site. And without us, submissions would seriously decrease. If there wasn't a forum here, I honestly wouldn't give this site another look. Even with the forums as dead as they are, I still enjoy coming here to post. It gives me incentive to contribute to the rest of the site. Without the forums, I wouldn't think this site would be worth my time. Maybe it's only me, but I feel as if some other forum posters wouldn't bother with the site at all if the forums didn't exist.
sphynxx Posted: 02:08 Apr17 2012 Post ID: 3107605
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Keyblade21 said:Wow i really exploded. I'm sorry about that Xeta, and i respect what you are saying. I honestly didn't mean to explode like that and yeah it's your choice whether to leave or stay, but i don't think you should leave just because of one person.

Hell - don't apologise. Ben wont have taken offence to what you said lol

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
steelersrock01 Posted: 19:13 Apr17 2012 Post ID: 3107745
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Regardless of what happens with the video game boards, I think the General Boards should still be combined.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 09:17 Apr18 2012 Post ID: 3107844
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
I emailed this thread to Rich 2 days ago. Looks like he's listening, Burn.
balthiersbit Posted: 09:42 Apr18 2012 Post ID: 3107845
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
Oh yeah, send him the topic where everyone is up your butthole.

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 09:45 Apr18 2012 Post ID: 3107847
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
....What?
balthiersbit Posted: 09:48 Apr18 2012 Post ID: 3107850
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
When?

Is this why I answered 'which design I liked the best' on a link on the main page?

Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close