Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Phenomenon FRP

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Craizen Posted: 17:19 Jan04 2013 Post ID: 3194821
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
((Go ahead from me, I dunno if that other guy wants it or not yet))
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Spiegel Posted: 23:28 Jan04 2013 Post ID: 3194977
Spiegel
Post Likes: 0
+
((I'm sorry to burden you, Garm, but you should take the next chapter. I need more time.))
penguinlord352 Posted: 23:43 Feb04 2013 Post ID: 3210230
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
((Okay, I'll take next chapter then. Might be a bit, wasn't prepared for this.))
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
nightmare2 Posted: 16:55 Apr02 2013 Post ID: 3231117
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
((A little more than a bit by the looks of it, been 2ish months. You have let my legacy die, I curse you all. Gonna read up and see what I can do. Till then have fun being cursed.))
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
nightmare2 Posted: 15:12 Jun09 2013 Post ID: 3251771
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
((Sorry for the double post but my legacy is too great to follow the rules. I hope you guys enjoyed the long wait. I will be taking my time and releasing this in two, maybe three parts. Here is Part one.))

Chapter X Part 1: Priorities

After a few tiring encounters and a rather annoying visit from the Principle Cerebus found himself sitting in a small room very much like a classroom in appearance with Morte, the President, Kane, and Melissa for a boring meeting. Even more unfortunate for himself was that he was in main focus.

"Well then shall we begin, I assume none of the other members will be able to make it down here." The President started off the meeting, breaking a rather long silence.

"Too many meetings in the Council Room for anyone to use the secret entrance and no one uses the back door... so no. Just us." Morte responded immediately.

"Very well, thank you Morte. Now I am sure we all know what this is about? Our new student, Miss Ferris, the other groups, Cerebus' deception...." The President falter a bit in her speech and glared angrily at Cerebus before continuing, "our new members, Garm mainly, and a few other minor issues like maybe making the back door more accessible."

"President if I may, the backdoor should stay as it is. What we should do is tell the other members to grow a pair and deal with it. Your too soft on them, you should act more like Rai." Kane responded with a voice full of obvious dislike towards the President. He never minded to hide his dislike for her and for the most part no one acknowledged it, except Cerebus but considered the trouble he was in he wasn't wanting the attention focuses to him. Kane took advantage of that and continued on but was cut off by Melissa.

"Different President different rules but I agree the backdoor needs to remain guarded. It is a known entrance and we don't want anyone in here who doesn't belong. Now moving on, Pres I know you are mad but, and don't give me that look Cerebus may as well get it over with, you should know that Cerebus worked and still does work for others. He has other priorities we all know that and unfortunately we can't just cut him off as he is the most senior member of us." Melissa stopped and let that sink in before continuing, "As it stands and help me out Morte..."

Morte looked up at Melissa and gave a quick glance to Cerebus which wasn't acknowledged, sighing he nodded.

"Our transfer student, Miss Ferris Nalilia, arrived this morning at around 6 AM and met with her assigned guidance counselor, Mr. Hayes, Mr. Strauss, Cerebus, and Mrs. Levy, yes?" Melissa looked up at Morte.

"Correct."

"She had been assigned a guard, named Mark whose main purpose was to guard her and help the faculty with any questions. All other knowledge regarding him is unknown"

"Correct."

"After meeting they proceeded ahead for a tour at which time Mrs. Levy and her guidance counselor separated from Mr. Strauss, Mr. Hayes, Cerebus, and Miss Ferris to lead the way while discussing matters with Mark."

"Correct."

"The first part of the tour was of little interest to us, Miss Ferris was shy and possibly uncooperative. Contact with Garm is possible. After arriving at the end of the first part of the tour the first group with mark dispersed to head off to classes and deal with enrollment, schedule changes, and Miss Ferris' rooming situation. All knowledge regarding what was discussed between the guidance counselor and Mark is unknown."

"Correct."

"The second part of the tour began and was uneventful. It ended with Mr. Strauss heading off to his first classes and leaving Cerebus with Miss Ferris. After a brief conversation the two headed off to Miss Feriss' first class. After leaving Miss Ferris, Cerebus met with an unknown accomplice of the Principle. He got rid of him. We are also aware that Garm had been following Cerebus and is under the Principle's wing. Garm admitted it."

"Correct."

"Well then there we are, we all know what happened after that. Now Cerebus... you know Miss Ferris' secret." Finally ending her long assessment and review Melissa looked up at Cerebus then turned to the President.

"Thank you Melissa and Morte." The President smiled at both of them then turned to Cerebus, her smiled gone and replaced with a frown. "Well then, what is it?"

"I am sorry President but I told Miss Ferris that her secret is safe with me. I cannot say. No, before you say anything I must continue and state some things. Firstly with her arrival the situation will begin to move for the first time in a long time, the other groups are highly active. Now as Melissa kindly mentioned before I have other priorities that do come first. I am going to say this only once and I want it clear. I do not work for you, I do support The Council however you must understand that I also support the Principle. In the event of conflict of interests I have orders to do what I believe is best." Cerebus did not look very happy while speaking and though he kept complete eye contact with the President it was clear he didn't like what he was saying. It was well known that he did care for the President. "Now President I know you don't like what I am doing but unfortunately you have no choice in this situation. The current matter of Miss Ferris and the situation of her arrival as well as my involvement will be absolved. Anyone disagree?"

Looking around the circle of desks Cerebus was relieved to see no one's hands were raised. Kane was leaning back in his chair wearing a relaxed and satisfied expression, Melissa was frowning slightly and distinctly looking away from the President, Morte was nervous, and The President wore an expression of shock and hurt. Cerebus immediately felt guilt well up inside him but he pushed it out, now was not the time he had business and matters to be handled.

"Very well it is decided. Now moving on. Do remind me Melissa of the other topics."

"Our new student, Miss Ferris, the other groups, our new members, Garm mainly, and a few other minor issues like maybe making the back door more accessible." Melissa repeated the President's previous words almost word for word, having taken out the part regarding Cerebus.

"Thank you, Melissa. Now then as for the back door Kane is right the others need to just deal with it and ignore them. They are there to keep the other groups out and are trained not to attack members. Next, the other groups. Morte I shall let you have this one." Cerebus nods to Morte and takes his seat.

Morte quickly stands up and clears his throat, "Now as far as we know..."

((Well there you are, END OF PART 1. So you guys are gonna have to wait until I finish this chapter before you can even think of posting. I am gonna try my best to fill in some plot details and use this chapter to get this story finally up on the road so you guys don't need to rely so much on me for this story. I will update the first post with all your needed information at the end of this chapter.))

Chapter X Part 2: The Lay of the Land

"Now as far as we know there are a few factions among the school. Ourselves, The Council, the Principle and Friends, the Church, the Evolutionists, NewAge Industries, and an unknown group with no outside links, called Unknowns for simplicity." Morte paused to take a breath before continuing on, [color=green]"We are aware of the majority of each groups motives and members. Right now our biggest concern is NewAge whose influence is slowly spreading. We know that Mr. Hayes, one of the geography teachers is under orders from them as well as money. We also know that there are a decent number of students who are connected to them in one way or another. Their exact goal is unknown unfortunately as information has been hard to get."

Taking advantage of one of Morte's few pauses for a breath Kane speaks up, "With things speeding up I suggest that we handle the information gathering my way where it concerns NewAge. Had we chosen mine from the beginning we could be a lot farther ahead."

"My information gathering skills are second to none."

"Morte we are aware that you are good at what you do but I believe it is time we stepped up our game and see what Kane can get us." Cerebus responded quietly to Morte's comment, who immediately straightened up and regained his composure. Cerebus noted his reaction and figured the president did too, Morte's loyalty to Cerebus was obvious but hopefully this show would sway the president's mind.

"Your gathering skills have failed to bring us anything of use, my methods will bear fruit immediately. I urge you President do something right for once."

"Very well, I actually think that this is best. Morte you can still gather information as you have been but I think new methods are necessary to proceed."

"Thank you... once this meeting is over I shall begin immediately. Now do continue as you were Morte and try to speed things up will you, I look forward to proving my superiority to you."

"Fine. Moving on. Next Faction. The Church. Their goal is well known, to get rid of Ability users who they see as devil spawn. Their have a decent amount of influence and some followers in the school. They have no teachers under their influence or employment as of now. They seek to remove all Users from earth and have employed deadly methods before. We cannot be sure of what the students who support and follow them will do but we need to keep an eye out. Regarding the Church our next faction, the Evolutionists, bear similarity to them in almost every aspect except for one or two. Firstly their goal is the opposite, they believe that Users are the only people worth being alive and seek to kill off all none users, at least they've been more truthful than the Church in this aspect. Secondly we know that one teacher does support and follow them, one of the school nurses. A rather unfortunate choice by the Principle but she is rather skilled. Of course there are a decent number of students who support the Evolutionists, considering the general treatment and opinion of Users we should consider it lucky that only a handful of students support them." Morte stops his informational speech and gives his audience a break.After a few seconds however, much to his audience's dismay, he continues. "Well that's three of the five factions down. Number four is Principle and Friends who is comprised of the Principle, Garm, Mr. Strauss, some guy with an eye patch, Cerebus, and others who remain unknown to us as of now. Luckily for you guys all other information regarding them is unknown. Another stroke of good luck comes with the Unknowns, the final faction, who as we know has no outside influence having been started within the school by a few students. Also all other possible knowledge is unknown, including their name." Finally Morte takes a seat and lets a much needed silence fill the room.

The silence sits in the room for a good few minutes while everyone digests the information they have been given and enjoy their brief freedom from the serious topics they have been discussing before having to take up the next one.

Finally the President stands up to address the next topic. "Well then with that finally done we will continue onto the next topic in just a few minutes but first we need to understand that from here out things are going to get rough. Overall the Council only has a few members and is most likely the smallest of all the other groups when considering the sheer numbers of people on this island from the hundreds of faculty and staff of the school, the thousands that live and work in the village, and to the nearly fifteen thousand students that attend the academy we only have sixteen members total. This means that we need to be careful and step it up. Luckily we do have the entire Student Council at our disposal but we need to make sure that we remain under the radar. Now then with that said our next topic will be our three new initiates, two who have been going to this school for two years now and on the Student Council for a year, and one fresh off the boat, Garm."

"I don't trust him, I understand his is strong, but he should not have been initiated so early OR been given such a high spot such as Chief of the Moral Committee he doesn't deserve it. He also is a double agent?"

"Fair point. He is also a little too curious for his and our own good."

"We should have waited longer for him. Just because he discovered the secret passage does not mean we had to bring him in. We could have just silenced him somehow."

"They all make great points, President. I hate to say it but I agree. Especially now that he works with the Principle. And Kane is right on his Student Council appointment, I understand that the previous Chief elected him and all but shouldn't we have at least waited awhile?"

"I am aware of this but? he has proved his skill and strength. The other members agreed that he would be a great asset and I didn't think it was best to let other factions have at him first. At least now hopefully he will stay somewhat loyal to us. Besides it's not like we have to give him full access to everything we have. We will place some ground rules for now, alright?" Everyone nods their heads in agreement and the President continues, "Alright then I figure we have all had quite a bit of information jammed into our ears for today. We will give our three new members a proper welcoming tomorrow and tell them all needed information. As for now? let's see regarding Miss Ferris we will just have to keep an eye on her. And I guess that is it. You may all go now."

Grateful that the meeting had finally ended everyone stood up and took some much needed stretches before heading off their different ways. Cerebus exited the room and walked deeper into their underground hideout followed by Morte and Kane. While Melissa went to the main entrance to wait for an opportunity to slip through the secret passage and into the Student Council Rooms. The President headed off to another room where she had set up as her own office.

"So boss, what we doing now?" Kane sped up and walked alongside Cerebus causing Morte to do the same. "You got anything you want me to do before I go get some much needed information?"

"You mean try and fail, right? At least on the major details." Morte butted in.

"Yes Morte I am sure Kane will do much failing when it comes to important information regarding NewAge but the point of this was to give the President some ease. For now I think it is best that that info remains unknown to the Council. Kane I will leave it to your judgment on what to report and what not to report but do try not to be too noticeable about your gathering. And as a matter of a fact I do have a little mission for you, watch our new Chief of the Moral Committee for me. "

The trio arrived at the back entrance to the secret hideout of theirs, two solid black metal doors set against a smooth stone wall. Morte and Kane frowned at the silence; normally they should have been hearing the chimera around them. Both took a few quick glances around them, taking in the large cavernous and dark room that they had entered a few minutes ago. Their glances told them what they needed to know as they both spotted several pairs of eyes peering at them through the darkness.

"They are even creepier when they are silent? " Kane shuddered and was glad that it was so dark in the room.

Cerebus, unlike his two companions, was perfectly at ease and content as he had never found the chimeras scary, unnerving, or anything like that. However taking note of his companions dislike he strode forward and places his hand on the wall next to the door then upon hearing a click he grabbed both handles, pushed the doors open, and walked out followed by Morte and Kane. The trio found themselves at the bottom a small rocky hill in a small well hidden crevice. Behind them the doors closed automatically and locked with a quite click. While ahead of them, out of the crevice, was a dense forest with no visible path.

"Thank god for this forest and the shade, coming out of the dark dungeon is hell on the eyes. Well then? guess we should be on our separate ways then?"

Without answering Kane walked forward and disappeared into the forest. Cerebus however only walked forward a few feet before turning and addressing Morte. "Well then with him gone I guess it is time I tell you your mission, continue watching your geography teacher of course but also see what you can find out on this Mark fellow and be quick about it." Not needing to wait for a reply Cerebus strode off into the forest at a completely different place from Kane, knowing a short cut down to the school, hoping to get some business done before Kane got to his. While leaving Morte to pick his way down the same hidden path Kane took minutes earlier.

((Alright then end of part two and sorry guys I decided to make it into three parts but don't worry I promise this chapter will be over soon. Also sorry pengy about bashing Garm.))
________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter X Part 3: Tying up Loose Ends

It was only minutes after leaving Morte that Cerebus found himself carefully picking himself down a steep cliff and into a small grove of trees only a short walk from the 4th years boys dorms. There he set a brisk pace towards the school grounds themselves in search of a certain someone who he had an appointment with. Luckily the certain someone he was looking for wasn't that hard to find as he stuck out a bit and upon reaching the main entrance he saw him, Garm, walking down the steps. Presumably on his way back to his dorms however Cerebus quickened his pace and intercepted him with a friendly smile.

"Afternoon Garm, I do hope I am not ruining any afternoon plans you have. I am sure there are tons of girls who'd be happy to go out on a date with you."
Cerebus held out his hand to shake, "Unfortunately your gonna have to drop those plans of yours and come with me, we must talk, for business."

Garm didn't bother hiding his suspicion or dislike and reluctantly shook Cerebus' hand, "Business, I don't recall having any business with you?"

"We are gonna have to work on your manners and social skills. Now moving on to the topic at hand if memory serves me correctly you had an unscheduled, non-optional, meeting with me. To be having memory loss at such a young age is such a terrible thing. My condolences?"
Cerebus motioned for Garm to follow and when he did not Cerebus stepped beside Garm and gave him a little push on the back. Garm was taken by surprise by the force and was flung forward only just managing to regain his balance as Cerebus caught up with him and walked in front of him; once again he motioned for Garm to follow. This time Garm did so.

The two walked in complete silence for a good few minutes, they left the school grounds, passed the dorms, passed the arenas, and finally arrived in the park where Cerebus lead Garm through a small but dense grove of trees. On the other side of the trees Garm found himself in a rather isolated small stretch of land border by a dense forest of trees and bamboo on all but one side where there was a small secluded beach to the lake.

"Nice huh? Found this in my second year. Far as I can tell only me, Donovan, the Principle, and know you know of it. I assume the Principle knows atleast. Anyways now need to get all tense, relax. Were not that far away, I'd guess that about forty or so feet back the way we came there are tons of students milling about and relaxing. If you ever take a boat out on the lake it wouldn't be too hard to find this place, provided you know where it is."

[color=yellow]"So what's this about then? Taking me to this little secret hideaway of yours?" Cerebus noted that Garm was fingering one of his rings, probably out of habit.

"Business did I not mention that before? Important business about the game. Firstly stop fingering your ring and calm down. Secondly understand this, I may not like you but we are both more or less on the same side. While neither of us particularly likes each other as far as business goes we drop it and deal with it. Now moving on, you need to know much. You?re a firstling, a newbie. You're uninformed and too well-known. It would have better if you hadn't decided to be a show-off on the first day but unfortunately that is in the past?"
Cerebus sits down against a tree base and glowers at Garm's apparent lack of judgment for a few seconds before continuing on, "Now this business meeting is to inform you. First off as you have probably, or hopefully, figured out is that there are lots of different groups of people vying for power and control within this school. Naming them off are The Council, which is the inner group within the Student Council, Principle and Friends, as you may be able to guess the name was chosen by our Principle himself and that group includes me, you, Donovan, eye-patch, the Principle, and a bunch of others, next we have NewAge Industries, after that the church, the evolutionists, and an unknown group code named Unknowns."
Cerebus takes out a pen and notepad and throws them at Garm who easily catches them.
"Write down this stuff its gold. Going into detail NewAge Industries is a large well-known company in the rest of the world. NewAge produces a large variety of items from cars, to home appliances, to medical machines, to Chronos Gears. Though they may not be a top producer for Gears they are notable and have a large influence. Connections everywhere. Their goal is unknown but as I am sure you know they will do anything they need to, to get what they want. Next is The Church of Mathias, an old establishment of anti-ability users. They have a decent following considering they stem off of the Catholic Church and all. Obvious goal of complete eradication of all users. Next is their polar opposite the Evolutionists who see users as the next step in mankind and want everyone else dead."
Cerebus took a breath and looked up at Garm, who he was surprised to see was actually writing some stuff down.
"Questions so far?"

"Sure. Why are you telling me this and what are the Council's and Principle's goals?"

"Good questions! By the way that was a joke, terrible questions. Business. I said so already haven't I? Listen Garm, listen. We are more or less on the same side and although you will hear this very soon from another member of the Council, I am more trustworthy. For now atleast. As for your second question, patience. I don't like lecturing but gotta be done, I'll get there." Alright now, where was I? Ah right about to talk about the Unknowns. Short and sweet. Small group which has no outside influence having been started in school by students two years ago. Nothing else is known. Right then back to the beginning, firstly the Council's goal? oh wait I can't tell you that. How unfortunate your gonna have to work towards that. As for Principle and friends well as for all their goals I really don't know but the most important one is one of the Principle's Top Priorities and that is the protection and well-being of all his students."
Cerebus smiles at Garm's slight reaction of surprise and disbelief.
"Ha, you were hoping for something better? But too bad, his top priority is rather obvious huh? Here's something interesting then, I do support the Principle's top priority for the most part. Minus a few students. Right then now for yours and my own priorities. As far as the groups go the two most dangerous are the Evolutionists and the Church both have a decent following within the school and are perfectly fine with violence against the 'enemy'. After that would be NewAge who has a larger following plus a few teachers, also dangerous. Aside from those three not much to worry about? Okay break time."

Cerebus stood up and stretch then pulled out a brown paper bag. Taking out a sandwich he happily enjoyed his snack time. A few feet away from him Garm sat down and review his notes, which contained the names of all the factions as well as the priorities for the ones he got. His notes also contained a detailed sketch of his wolf tattoo.

Well atleast I got something done. So far he hasn't said anything that I couldn't have found out from the others. Can't see why he has gone through the trouble for me, I guess he could just be following orders but I can't be too sure?

"Awright then." Cerebus quickly swallows the rest of his sandwich and clears his throat. Finally the home stretch. "Right then almost done. Now Garm I am gonna talk about you here and your position. You?re a firstling so obviously you do-"

"Firstling? I was placed in second year, don't you remember?" Garm cut him off impatiently, he was getting rather tired and didn't see any good information coming from the new topic.

"I mentioned manners didn't I? And I am aware of what year you were placed in. Right then back to the basics, Regalius Academy is a private school that may function as high school and/or college for attending students. Students enrolled generally range from being 14 all the way up to early 20's. Majority of students are enrolled for only four years however the way classes work 4 years will allow a 14 year old to not only obtain a high school degree but also some form of a college degree too. Now understandably you were not informed about this. Generally only sophomores for high school are. Anyways so your placed in 2nd year, but this is your first year here so you?re a firstling. Then a secondling, thirdling, fourthly, and possibly a fifthling and above. Either by repeating or for those here who enrolled in the academy as a college they may choose to stay an extra year or two. At which they major in one general and specific area and have a more concentrated course of study for it. So in the end you, Garm, are a firstling. I am a senior, sixthling. Unfortunately thanks to the previous Council President one of those extra years was a repeat, damn *******?. And don't ask what I am majoring as I have no idea."

"So you've been here 6 years now and only repeated once? I was under the impression you never went to any of your classes how'd you fail only once?"

"Ha, now you're asking the right questions. Grading wise it is relatively easy to pass, finals are worth a lot more here and are a lot more comprehensive and harder. Plus being on the Student Council means I can have my work delivered to me. I do some of it then go in for my class finals. Works great. Now moving back to you, as a firstling you are not going to receive any trust or respect especially considering your position, Chief. To prove my point, Melissa, Morte, myself, Alexis, Jacob, and Kane all hate you and don't trust you. Though Kane hates everyone at first and to be honest you and I just got off on the wrong foot. Plus since you told the truth about the working for the principle matter your trust level plummeted. Basically just watch yourself and be a good boy. Morte is information gatherer and in some cases broker, Melissa is public speaker, Alexis is Secretary, Jacob is Public Relations, and Kane is our enforcer. Kane's in the Moral Committee with you and is a fifthling who is majoring in gear usage, military tactics, and I believe medical sciences. Also everyone I just mentioned are a part of the Council."
Cerebus checks his watched pleased that only half an hour had passed as it seemed like hours to him.
"Right so firstly Kane isn't unfair and he is a senior member in the moral Committee. It may take awhile but his trust will be worth it, also he is watching you on my orders so try to make use of that and show him that you can lead well. As for the others they will all warm up to you eventually, except for Morte as he has an unhealthy loyalty to me. Really gotta fix that, anyway if you ever need to know something just ask him. Oh and remember that he always knows more than he is letting on. Finally and most importantly would be banned gears. I assume that Kane will address this topic when he meets with you a little after the Student Council meeting that is either tonight or tomorrow night. Either way a heads up, Regalius Academy acts as its own country with its own set of laws. Banned gears are perfectly legal here. We have a list of all students who possess banned gears which you will have full access to. Well almost complete list, it's missing a few names and I'm pretty sure there are some who lied when registering into the Academy, like you with your rings only worse. Banned gears aren't pretty, dolls are the worst. Humans implanted with gears? the equivalent of a doll would be a chimera. Just make sure you remember the list and be careful of the other factions. I think that's it? if I remember anything else you will get a message from Morte. Oh yes, secret hideout for the Council, don't go down there without permission. Remember the trust factor? Your gonna have to wait a few days as I gotta prepare for you new initiates. Anyways, you are free to go?"

At long last Cerebus stood up and left before Garm could ask him or say anything else. Speeches and informing people was so much work Cerebus really hated it when he had to do that type of work. He was glad he chose the secluded beach to talk as it was easy to slip away into the dense thicket surrounding it and escape.

After Cerebus' quick departure for freedom Garm too left and headed back for his dorm room, checking his watch to see that it was only three thirty and that he still had a while before the official initiation meeting for Student Council which began at six and then the official initiation meeting for the Council which was at eight.

Well I can't believe it but that was actually useful, very useful. Guess I'll have to get used to working with Cerebus though I guess it won't be too bad. Though it would seem I might have to change my opinion about him, he isn't too bad once you get used to him.

((FINALLY IT IS FINISHED! Long chapter but I hope I tied up some loose ends for information and plot and other stuff. As for the 'Unknown' faction that's up for grabs, a freebie, for anyone who wants to use it now or maybe later on in the story.))

« Last edited by nightmare2 on Jun 14th 2013 »
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 13:50 Jun15 2013 Post ID: 3252994
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
((I'll take the next chapter. I have an idea as to how to proceed now. Thanks for reviving this Night. By the way, your chapter was 17, this will be 18))

Chapter 18, Part One

Still, it seems that everyone is underestimating me. They all seem to think I have no goal of my own. I already have more than enough power to gain revenge on my greedy relatives, but that...doesn't seem quite so interesting. That girl...Ferris...whatever her power is, I'm willing to bet it has some connection to either some form of control over another's mind or is related to my parents' death somehow. I want answers.

Garm ducked around a corner, out of sight of any of his classmates, and activated Lux, doubling back and slipping out past one of the guys he was fairly sure was in his PE class before slipping away from the crowd of students wandering the grounds.

He felt her watching him though. He didn't know how it was physically possible, or if he might have just become a tad paranoid, but he could feel those eyes watching him from some unknown location.

Maybe her ability let's her watch the entire island from any location? Or perhaps the locations are limited...

Garm reached up and touched the Student Council armband on his upper right arm. He'd been a bit apprehensive about his new 'job' and knew that everyone from all those factions Cerebus had mentioned were likely watching him as closely as they were her. And as much as he wanted to get her out of his head, he couldn't. It was like she was making him think of her. It wasn't affection though, that much he knew.

Trust. That's what this feels like. Trust. Well guess what Ferris Nalilia, I'm not about to roll over and do whatever you want. I'm no stranger to mental manipulation.

Garm saw the school building getting closer in the distance. His current goal was to find and tail that bodyguard of hers. Any information could help, however small, depending on the situation. Even things like what hand the man favors...but he couldn't rely on that too heavily either. Mark was being watched, and he knew it. He could act like he favors one hand but actually favor the other. The man was an unknown quantity, like Ferris. Like Garm wanted to be, but apparently couldn't.

At least no one has noticed that my gear are already synched with me enough to achieve a second level release.

Garm wandered around the outside of the school, straightened his tie, and turned around to find the girl in the archaeologist-style clothes standing there staring at him and following him as he continued to walk.

"Thank you for the headset. The principal is a rather odd fellow though, isn't he? Ah, no need to reply. Mark is watching. He thinks I'm talking to myself again."

Garm sighed and fixed the girl with a look, really taking a good look at her for the first time. He noted that her blonde hair was fairly long and her eyes were green, though more a sea-green than his piercing, and sometimes described as haunting, shade of green. Other than that she seemed to be a normal sixteen year old girl, mildly attractive, who desired to be an archaeologist if one went by her outfit.

"What? Trying to figure me out?"

Garm shook his head and turned back to face front.

"No, no. I was just wondering what all the hype is about. All the teachers are over the moon about you."

"They act that way about every student though. If you had come late on a boat, they would have the same reaction."

No need for the cynicism. I know that I can't trust them. I just owe the Principal, only reason I'm helping him.

"And your policy of honesty?"

"Words of advice from my cousin. Don't lie to the President. Doesn't mean I can't keep the whole truth from her though."

Neither spoke for a moment. For some odd reason, Garm felt a calming wave of energy wash over his mind and then heard Ferris gasp.

"You are indeed quite efficient at blocking your thoughts. Though...what I did see...you wanted to test me to see if I could read your mind? I assure you the reason is more related to your suspicions about your past than my actual ability. It is involved, yes, but...even to you I will not reveal my secret."

"Understood. I won't press you for it. I have other ways of finding out, and it will eventually come out into the open. So, do you accept my invitation Ms. Nalilia?

"You needn't be so formal. And yes, I accept your offer. You alone are the only one I actually trust on this entire island, after all."

"Principal too odd? I thought so too. Still do. Don't quite trust the man, but he does keep his promises. That I can assure you of. Now, if you will excuse me...Ferris...I must be going now. I have to actually be visibly seen by someone doing my new job after all."

Garm broke off the path the two had been walking along, but paused.

"By the way...Axel Grimnom and Lexi Marqi aren't involved in all this, nor do they have the kind of personality that would seek to harm you. Should you have any classes with them, you may want to try and befriend them. I looked them up the other day after a run-in after I passed you that headset. They're clean."

"Your cousin already spoke to me, by the way. Since, you know, we're doing this last exchange bit. She's fairly nice. Shall I befriend her too? I'll be careful not to mention you unless I have to."

Garm sighed again, something he felt he was doing entirely too much lately, and nodded without looking back at her. Then he continued on his way, making for an entrance to the school building. Being the leader and founder of the Unknowns was tough enough when he wasn't even on the island; now he had to deal with two Student Councils and the Principal. Having yet another member on board was truly a relief. Especially considering who it was.

I hate my life.

And with that thought, the leader of the Unknowns continued on, Guardian shielding his thoughts from any form of intrusion or spying as usual.

End of Part 1

Part 2

It had been a frustrating task to find a location where he could disengage Lux without anyone catching on to the fact that he was wandering the ground unseen. He did, thankfully, know of several routes between the dorms and the school where there was no surveillance. A perk of his resources and his agents. Now he was sneaking up, visibly, on a group of third years who were beating an unfortunate new student.

"Excuse me gentlemen, but I do believe that I need to see all of your IDs now."

The reaction was to his obviously younger voice and somewhat arrogant tone was as he had expected. The three stopped, then slowly turned to look at him with a mixture of anger and cockiness on their faces. Yes, they were third years. Yes, he was only a second year and it was actually his first year on the island, but he was also one of the most capable fighters in his year and he had two trump cards.

"Who the hell do you think you are?"

Garm responded to the apparent leader by looking at the Moral Committee Chief armband on his right shoulder and back at them. It took them a few seconds to process this, in which time Masamune had left its sheath.

"We doing this the easy way, or the hard way? I'd prefer you just give up so I don't have to forcefully subdue you. I've had a troublesome day so far and I really don't enjoy using fools as stress relief."

"There's three of us, we're a few years older, we're more experienced than you...what do you think, Mr. Arrogant MCC?"

"I need to correct you on one point gentlemen. You're not more experience then me, and for the record, you aren't very bright either. I already put the Suppressors on you."

Indeed, the very small handcuffs that the Morals Committee uses to subdue and restrain Users and Chronos Gear usage were already wrapped around the wrists of the three perpetrators. The victim promptly got up and turned to run, only to find Garm coming to a stop in front of him, Masamune in his path.

"You need to come in as well. Although this is a rather minor scuffle, I intend to cut off such incidents now before people begin to think they can get away with bigger and more violent things."

Garm was just in a bad mood and didn't want to risk getting caught up in some red tape because of some other student's fear. With liberal use of Guardian, he steered the four of them towards a room he had passed by earlier which served as the official home of the Morals Committee. He left the four with one of the desk workers, a non-combat capable User, and headed off to continue his part of the patrol.

He hadn't needed to find the time to set up anything. He didn't need to worry about the other members, aside from the Kane guy that Cerebus had mentioned, trusting him. They had apparently been working under the schedule set up by the previous head, the one who had chosen him, and he had decided that there was no reason to change things. 'Why fix what isn't broken' were the exact words he'd used. The members had been somewhat...relieved and happy to see that he even decided to keep up with his predecessor's habit of joining the patrols.

Of course, the fact that the previous head was one of the Unknown's top agents helped a lot in that regard, since Garm had already known about the schedule. He just hadn't anticipated being placed in so many spotlights. He'd hoped to infiltrate the Council, yes, but he didn't think that he'd end up with a titled position, let alone the one his second-in-command had held.

He carried on with his day and continued his patrol until he had to go prepare for the meeting with the Student Council.

End of Chapter.

I know that was a bit lackluster, but I needed to put something that was more ordinary seeming than the first part in. You know, just Garm doing his thing. Hope you guys like this and can do a proper follow up.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Jun 29th 2013 »
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Spiegel Posted: 11:19 Jul23 2013 Post ID: 3261514
Spiegel
Post Likes: 0
+
------------------------------------------------------------------

This has always been, and will continue to be, something that she would need to have to do, as her taking of the post had dictated of, during all the times that it had remained vacant. It must be done, she thinks over and over again. Not merely once or twice more, but undoubtedly, it was a fearful period of time she would have to endure for another hundred more instances.

"No..." she thought. "That's if I'm lucky." she looks back up, towards the two large, gleaming obsidian-black doors that stood in front of her. It was the strangest thing to her. She'd been in this very room more than tens of times before, even slept in it once when the person on the other side decided not to entertain her with permission. Yet every single time she has had to step inside throws her off. Akin to facing judgement in the bellies of hell, she'd thought of it once. Yet, it was the strangest thing to her. A wind of euphoria seemed to push her to carry on during the times the doors opened to her. "What is it?" she wonders, as the doors quaked open.

The woman leaves the dim-lit white room and steps into the larger room, only the sensation of being swallowed up by night jumping out to greet her. In the silent, darkened room, her hands that held on to the humble clipboard she owns began to tremble slightly. She hugs the wooden item close to her chest, shielding her heart (or would, as she continues to hope) throughout her short journey towards the end of the room, wherein a man sat in his chair, at his grand desk, carving dolls out of wood.
The light of the stars from outside guided his hands. Each and every one of the dolls the man had completed, he set to stand, with their faces facing towards the large window, looking out to the night sky. Eyeless, yearning faces that sought to be enlightened.

"You are early this time." he speaks out, prompting the woman to halt her steps. He did not turn to address her properly, instead continuing to carve the final bits onto his latest wooden doll. "How are they, those children of mine?" he asks, simply and straight to the point, though bearing a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"...Almost all of them are in place. There is only the problem with the third and fifth, and also-" she answers, only to be cut off.

"So he fell back to rest in his new throne that easily? Surprising. I assume he doesn't-" the man speaks, but the woman bites back, much to his chagrin and surprise.

"No, not at all. But if I may..." the woman pauses, seeing as the man had stopped working on his doll. For a time, she could only hear the sound of the night life outside, and the wind begging the glass panes to give way.

"Hmm... The crickets have been busier this year." the man broke the silence in seemingly casual fashion (which brought forward a silent sigh of relief from his daily attendant), his hands moving again to perfect another one of the objects of his apparent hobby. "Now, how is the hatred? Is it sufficient to produce change in him?" the man asks again, as his carving knife dances on wood. "How is my hatred, of which I had taken from the world?"

"It is... sufficient." the woman replies. Though retaining their calmed complexion, her eyes were unmoving, having been taken aback by the man's less-reprehensive demeanor tonight. She sought as best as she could not to take her eyes off him.

"Good..." says the man. "Hatred." the man puts down his knife, its duty done, and holding up his newest creation in the light for a better view of its eyeless face, a small smile gleams off of his own. "Such a beautiful thing."

That was supposed to have been the height of that night. No groundbreaking developments that would gnaw into him throughout the night, that was how he would have preferred it. Just another petty update like any other night. But just as he unfurled the sleeves of his shirt and was about to dismiss the woman, she spoke up again.

"...As it seems, he had every reason to have once been the leader of such an organization. From what I've gathered, even the better ones on the island have limited knowledge of him, and can only refer to the organization of his as the 'Unknowns'... I doubt he would go down without a better fight." she spoke up, quickly and without hesitation. "He is a liability. Even more so now, that we have news that he may be on his way towards the island, even at this very moment. It is believed he knows who the new leader is." as she finished, she immediately regretted doing what she did. The man ascended from his chair in a swift yet carefully relaxed manner, silent, and turned to his daily attendant. His stature of a man shrouded in darkness, with his back towards the only light, proved menacing. Yet, it was not what scared the woman the most.

As he faced her, she could, unfathomably, turn nowhere else, only to gaze straight into his eyes.

The eyes which were not stained by the darkness.

The profound, wondrous eyes that terrify her to her very soul.

Eyes which she could not understand, nor stop to love.

- Chapter 19.1 - The Face of Justice [Part 1]

The salt-tinged air eventually formed a retardant for his tastes, that which previously yearned for toasty refreshments at such an early time in the morning. After having lived on the island for years, the man who was one of the security department's personnel became more sick of the seaside sights and what it brings to his senses than ever before. But, he thought, his discomfort appeared petty when compared to that of the advance team's, still at the scene.

"Is he here yet?" asks a colleague whom appeared from behind the boulders that blocked from view the path stringing further down the coastline. The man turned to his watch in response to impulse instead, breakfast still in desire. But the question he ignored not, and thus he attended to the display of the device in his hand. After a few seconds passed, he held his head up and turned towards the direction of the academy building before turning back to his colleague.

"He's here. The perimeter is still secure." the man replies.

"Alright. Keep on, Eric." nods his colleague in acknowledgement. "This incident could just be big enough for the sensory-type students to find out about... Make sure no one of them get too close." says the man, looking out to the calm sea even as its droplets formed on his spectacles. Eric tipped his cap in return, his eyes reflecting the words 'understood' that would've left his throat if not for the stale, salt-tinged air of the seaside. Moments later, the sound of sand being crunched overtakes the sound of lapping waves.

The visage of Northern Yeager Solarius took shape in the dim light of early morning, followed by two men of his command. Etched in his face were despair and uncertainty. Eric greeted him with a simple 'Sir' as he walked by, to whom Northern found himself unable to answer to with earnest in light of the incident before them.

"Right this way, sir." the bespectacled man motioned for Northern to follow him, which the vice principal did. Not before motioning to his two men not to edge past the boulders, however. When he was alone with the bespectacled man as the two trekked across the sand, did he finally speak.

"How many?" Northern asked.

"Two... and a half." the bespectacled man replies.

"Sounds like a bad joke." says the vice principal, ending with a tired sigh.

"Not as bad as the smell, sir. But we shouldn't really be trying to make ourselves feel better with these half-assed quips, should we?" the man answers.

"True. But a man my age needs to make himself feel better often, Wong. PTSD makes things worse." Northern walks up to him with a quickened pace.

"You love your job enough, sir." says Wong.

"The youths on the island are nice, even to a man with the job I have. They're splendid, really. That's why I want to ensure their safety to my best ability." Northern tells him.

The two finally arrive, and Northern sees with his own eyes the mangled, bloated corpses that lay stranded on the beach. One poor soul was only left with her upper torso, her innards strewn and splattered between rock and gravel. A thinning layer of red crawled on the surfaced of the water. Debris were scattered throughout the surface of the water, but their shapes were mere mounds and pieces of scrap in the eyes of the vice principal at the moment. Northern felt something swell within him. He looked away, and instead fixed his sight on a few of the members of the security department's advance team B, whom stood around him and Wong in a half-circle. He tried to cough up a conversation to stir the mood and banish the ominous air, but felt his tongue tying up into a knot.

"Noel and Bashar are still combing the seas ahead. They haven't any updates, yet." one of the team members, a man, spoke out.

"Alright." nodded Wong, before turning back to the vice principal. "What's the next step, sir? Shall the students be sent home?"

"Some of these students left their homes behind when they came to this island, Wong. Some don't even have one to begin with." he knelt down on the sand with one leg, muttering a word of prayer for the deceased. "The principal has been told about this, correct?" asked Northern.

"Yes, sir." replied Wong.

"...What was his word on this incident, then?" Northern almost didn't ask the question. But his obligation to the students tore down his loyalty by post and allowed him to doubt. Wong easily sensed the irritation and disappointment in the vice principal's tone, and his tired voice as he came to stand back up on his feet, which implied that he seemed to have already known the answer to his own question. Before he could answer, a voice spoke out.

"Just as what you'd expect." the voice tells him. Suddenly, an eye-patched man appears from out of nowhere, his back rested on the wall of the cliffs above them. His arms were crossed, and his head hung low with his eye shut as if in deep thought. "The Principal doesn't care, of course." continues the man. "You of all people should know, Solarius. There isn't time to waste. Bring in the cleaning crew already."

"Why? Why doesn't he care?" asks Northern. The loss of life was of no petty means that it roused his ire. Such was a temperament a veteran of the front lines would adopt.

"The Principal... has other more important matters to attend to." the man opens his eye. He points towards the debris floating on the sea's surface. "What we have here was a tragedy, undoubtedly. But it's one that these people brought upon themselves. These people were adventurers. Thrill-seekers. Or, to put it in a better term, fools. They came out to the sea to find our good old friend... the legendary Sea Devil." he says. Cold sweat trickled down the side of Wong's face and a lump formed in the back of his throat, a fear cultivated by personal experience, something the man in the suit looked to use to his own ends so these people would more quickly leave the site. "And that's what precisely happened here." the eye-patched man narrowed his eyes, revealing a flash of sadness if only to be blotted out by the thinning fog of the morning.

The greatest thing he'd wished for at that time was to have been able to remain unseen.

With a sigh, the young woman pulled the door behind her as she walked out of the holding room, having it close with a definite click.

"God..." she thinks, loosening the collar of her dark-blue uniform. "How much trouble can you find on one tiny island?" she looks up with tired eyes, at the fan that dances rather slowly overhead. "Is that thing slow for a reason?"

"You tell me. You're the one who watches those television shows all the time." answers a thin old man at a desk from one corner of the room, even though she had asked no one in particular. He was diving into the ink of the day's newspaper, but as engaged as he often was, hadn't had his senses occupied as to not to respond to the woman. As a matter of fact, he expected something like this. After all, she had her hands full before she even walked in this morning.

"And what... you don't?" the young woman walks across to her own desk, her face starting to sour from her being irritated at his words. "Damn it, I just know where he's going with this." she thought.

"I'm no longer that young." he flicks to the next page. "You see these kinds of scenes in those shows a lot, right? Whenever the mood gets all low and slow. Whenever there needs to be ambiance." the girl grunted at the emphasis he puts on the last word, referencing to her affinity towards any and everything literature, which had somehow earned her a pinch of eccentricity amongst her workmates, especially the more senior ones. "C'mon, Jules. That's only the fourth contestant of the day. You know you're so irritable today only 'cause you stayed up all night last night watching those dramas you love so much..." says the man further. "Look, go grab more yogurt from the fridge if that'll help. I bought extra the other day, so don't you worry." he flicks again, not batting an eyelid.

"It's alright, Dave." says Jules, letting out a quiet sigh. She whipped out her electronic drive and checked her messages in the lull of the day. She wasn't expecting much, but it was just in case a prospective client or the phys-ed guy had left something worth taking a gander at. There was a flicker in her eyes when the digital icon of a yet un-opened mail blinked at her the moment her account credentials passed. It wasn't too long of a read, but it was enough to put a small smile on her face. The old man noticed the odd change, but kept his peering eyes hidden behind his paper. It wasn't long afterwards that she stood up, and he scrambled to feign complacency just as he'd done previously. "Dave," she addressed him with a voice that is devoid of any thought to his past fault.

"Yeah?" he brought aside his newspaper, having been slightly taken by surprise.

"I'm going out for a swig at Jonson's." answered Jules, putting on the cap that signified she was a part of the Societal Relations department, as a regular officer.

"At this time of day? You'll get a nasty stomachache!" the old man told her. His remark was spoken in between trying to piece out the young woman's behavior, but was actually also a piece of advice that he had held for himself all this time. "I know booze helps with the days that are worse than the others, but..." his words were cut off by a man's heightened voice, coming from the second holding room. "Wait... isn't that Briggs who's with the kid you brought in this morning? I knew you should've brought him to the Moral Committee instead."

"Never minded it." she answered simply to the remark regarding liquor, correcting her attire. She turned towards the sound when it reached her ears as well. "That was what was on my mind, but... You know how enthusiastic Briggs and Farth are in bringing in their culprits. Especially nowadays, that these nightly fights are getting worse." she answered, speaking the word 'enthusiastic' with hesitation in her lips, in want of a better word. "Thanks to that African kid, Briggs and Farth haven't bugged us since morning. I don't know what god thought it was funny to have only the four of us be on work today." she stepped towards the door, as another deep voice bellowed out, the sounds of it echoing through the nearly-empty building. She halted her steps, though only for a few seconds. "Seeing as he was there at the place the latest fight took place whilst at the same time behaving in a suspicious way, it's only natural I had to bring him in for questioning." says Jules as she leaves through the double doors without another word.

Old Dave was left sitting in the room by himself, left hanging without his own words. As the fan overhead kept moving at its own steady tempo, Dave once again veiled his aging stature behind black and white, and rested in the soft, ambient breeze.

Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close