Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Golden River Crusade: "What Goes On In The Dark"

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Next
Posted: 23:52 Jun19 2012 Post ID: 3121684
Forum GuestBanned
Member of the Month
Post Likes: 0
+
Welcome to another RP started by yours truly. As usual, there are rules to be followed and everyone who signs up most wait until I accept their profile before they are allowed to RP. Also you must follow these rules:

1. No God-modding. During battles, any over-exaggerated, or just totally absurd, attacks like '10000000000 knifes fall from the sky' is unacceptable. Make your posts as realistic as possible. It'll make it more enjoyable for readers.

2. Unless given permission from me, please refrain from controlling what the characters outside of the ones you make say. It'll make it easier for me to direct the story.

3. No invincibility. You cannot dodge every single attack that comes your way. Everyone who role-plays must learn to take a hit. Be fair.

4. No flaming or insulting fellow RPers. If you flame and you do it consistently, I will ask you to leave.

5. You may only control up to two characters. One major and one minor. I'll be controlling three main characters and other major/minor characters (villains and heroes) for the sake of the story.

6. Nobody can be related to the main heroes or villains in anyway.

7. No controlling the direction of the story. That privilege belongs to me and only me. If I am not on to continue the story, then either build on where the story is at that point in time or just wait. Sometimes I tend to take a long leave in the middle of a story because of things that happen outside of my life. If that happens, please be patient and RP with what you have.

Thank you and enjoy.

===========================

The year is 2050. Technology has become such an integral part of American society that the typical convenience of cars, trains, eating utensils, elevators, escalators, remote controls, sprinklers, and even TV sets are a thing of the past. Now, American society literally thrives off of the advancement of technology and live in a high-tech world that one can only dream of. This comes as a result of one ultimate entity.

The Golden Orb.

What is this object? In the year 2015, a gigantic meteor fell to earth in the city of Philadelphia and crashed in an uninhabited area; barren woods filled with wild animals. The size of the space rock was about the size of a town house. Scientist and researchers soon searched the area and obtained the meteor, questioning how it managed to pass through the heat of the earth's atmosphere. Sending the meteor to the nearest lab, scientists concocted experiments with the meteorite to see what material it is made of. A scientist by the name of Dr. Yolanda Sytes (Pronounced "Sights") months later made an amazing discovered after cracking open the meteor. Once the rock-skin of the meteor was finally shed, in its place was a bright, vibrant, golden orb, carrying the brightness of a mini-sun. A special type of liquid oozed from this orb that, when manipulated by magnetic energy, can be used to take any shape of any size. The possibilities were endless and Dr. Yolanda Sytes created a way to tackle that endless source of possibilities. She called it, "Synets" which are computerized gadgets, whether its a laptop, a watch, a phone, or anything that can access the internet, that allow the user to create anything they want with the golden orb liquid.

By the year 2030, almost every house in American contained at least one synet gadget. Families used synets to create their own cars, their own food utensils, their own FOOD, their own furniture, their own TV sets, and anything they wished to have. Many schools own synets and classrooms educate their students to use them for pencils and other objects for activities. Of course, the amount of supply each house gets is determined by the government. Like usual, every man or woman must work a certain amount of hours to receive a certain amount of golden orb liquid to utilize, otherwise be unable to use their synets. However, despite the unchanging work habits of America, advanced cars, buildings, clubs, shops, planes, playgrounds, parks, and houses came about as a discovery of Synet. Dr. Yolanda Sytes reached hollywood status overnight and became held as one of America's most influential figures.

Many other cities, however, could not afford to have access to the golden orb. Only the cities with a huge population and large revenue obtain the privilege to use synets. The citizens in these cities are classified Class-A citizens. Class B citizens must work for Class A if they desire to use synet, for only their bosses will determine how much liquid is distributed to their own homes. Unfortunately for Class C citizens, they must subject themselves to the same, typical, hard-labor living as the modern day citizens did back in 2000s and 2010s. Cars, TV sets, Bikes, Newspapers, and more.

Sadly, with every great discovery, there is always those who look to cause havoc with it. Greedy men have come use synet for evil means, like creating guns and knifes to rob stores and bring about mischief in neighborhoods. Fear not though. For although criminals may have easy access to their own gadgets, so do those who fight for justice. Alongside city police and the FBI is a secret origination called "The Golden River Crusade" led by Commader Elliot Rivers and his wife, Dr. Chelsea Rivers - Sytes, the daughter of Yolanda Sytes. With Chelsea Rivers in charge of behind-the-scenes daily operations, Commader Elliot Rivers organizes a squad of America's best fighters and uses them to maintain peace whatever it is needed in the country.

Today on May 4th, 2050, try outs for the Golden River Crusade begin. Who will join?

Golden River Crusade

===================
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
KOG Posted: 23:54 Jun19 2012 Post ID: 3121685
KOG
+
Welcome to another RP started by yours truly. As usual, there are rules to be followed and everyone who signs up most wait until I accept their profile before they are allowed to RP. Also you must follow these rules:

1. No God-modding. During battles, any over-exaggerated, or just totally absurd, attacks like '10000000000 knifes fall from the sky' is unacceptable. Make your posts as realistic as possible. It'll make it more enjoyable for readers.

2. Unless given permission from me, please refrain from controlling what the characters outside of the ones you make say. It'll make it easier for me to direct the story.

3. No invincibility. You cannot dodge every single attack that comes your way. Everyone who role-plays must learn to take a hit. Be fair.

4. No flaming or insulting fellow RPers. If you flame and you do it consistently, I will ask you to leave.

5. You may only control up to two characters. One major and one minor. I'll be controlling three main characters and other major/minor characters (villains and heroes) for the sake of the story.

6. Nobody can be related to the main heroes or villains in anyway.

7. No controlling the direction of the story. That privilege belongs to me and only me. If I am not on to continue the story, then either build on where the story is at that point in time or just wait. Sometimes I tend to take a long leave in the middle of a story because of things that happen outside of my life. If that happens, please be patient and RP with what you have.

Thank you and enjoy.

===========================

The year is 2050. Technology has become such an integral part of American society that the typical convenience of cars, trains, eating utensils, elevators, escalators, remote controls, sprinklers, and even TV sets are a thing of the past. Now, American society literally thrives off of the advancement of technology and live in a high-tech world that one can only dream of. This comes as a result of one ultimate entity.

The Golden Orb.

What is this object? In the year 2015, a gigantic meteor fell to earth in the city of Philadelphia and crashed in an uninhabited area; barren woods filled with wild animals. The size of the space rock was about the size of a town house. Scientist and researchers soon searched the area and obtained the meteor, questioning how it managed to pass through the heat of the earth's atmosphere. Sending the meteor to the nearest lab, scientists concocted experiments with the meteorite to see what material it is made of. A scientist by the name of Dr. Yolanda Sytes (Pronounced "Sights") months later made an amazing discovered after cracking open the meteor. Once the rock-skin of the meteor was finally shed, in its place was a bright, vibrant, golden orb, carrying the brightness of a mini-sun. A special type of liquid oozed from this orb that, when manipulated by magnetic energy, can be used to take any shape of any size. The possibilities were endless and Dr. Yolanda Sytes created a way to tackle that endless source of possibilities. She called it, "Synets" which are computerized gadgets, whether its a laptop, a watch, a phone, or anything that can access the internet, that allow the user to create anything they want with the golden orb liquid.

By the year 2030, almost every house in American contained at least one synet gadget. Families used synets to create their own cars, their own food utensils, their own FOOD, their own furniture, their own TV sets, and anything they wished to have. Many schools own synets and classrooms educate their students to use them for pencils and other objects for activities. Of course, the amount of supply each house gets is determined by the government. Like usual, every man or woman must work a certain amount of hours to receive a certain amount of golden orb liquid to utilize, otherwise be unable to use their synets. However, despite the unchanging work habits of America, advanced cars, buildings, clubs, shops, planes, playgrounds, parks, and houses came about as a discovery of Synet. Dr. Yolanda Sytes reached hollywood status overnight and became held as one of America's most influential figures.

Many other cities, however, could not afford to have access to the golden orb. Only the cities with a huge population and large revenue obtain the privilege to use synets. The citizens in these cities are classified Class-A citizens. Class B citizens must work for Class A if they desire to use synet, for only their bosses will determine how much liquid is distributed to their own homes. Unfortunately for Class C citizens, they must subject themselves to the same, typical, hard-labor living as the modern day citizens did back in 2000s and 2010s. Cars, TV sets, Bikes, Newspapers, and more.

Sadly, with every great discovery, there is always those who look to cause havoc with it. Greedy men have come use synet for evil means, like creating guns and knifes to rob stores and bring about mischief in neighborhoods. Fear not though. For although criminals may have easy access to their own gadgets, so do those who fight for justice. Alongside city police and the FBI is a secret origanization called "The Golden River Crusade" led by Commader Elliot Rivers and his wife, Dr. Chelsea Rivers - Sytes, the daughter of Yolanda Sytes. With Chelsea Rivers in charge of behind-the-scenes daily operations, Commader Elliot Rivers organizes a squad of America's best fighters and uses them to maintain peace whatever it is needed in the country.

Today on May 4th, 2050, try outs for the Golden River Crusade begin. Who will join?

Golden River Crusade

==================

Use this format to create your character:

Name:
Code Name: Nickname you will go by when as a Crusader.
Sex:
Age Bracket: (Kid, Teen, or Adult)
Weight:
Class: (A, B, or C)
Synet Gadget: It can be anything that can access the internet. Phone, Laptop, Watch. Feel free to be creative.
Favorite Weapons:
Appearance:
History:

« Last edited by KOG on Jul 3rd 2012 »
vvv credit to .Impact.

Bow down to the King of Games!!!

I have a NEW RP! Join the RP Ragnorak: "The Seven Spirits of Vladimar!" We need more RPers to help out.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
KOG Posted: 02:37 Jun20 2012 Post ID: 3121719
KOG
+
Here are the main protagonists and villains.

Name: Terry Runnels
Code Name: Reaper
Sex: Male
Age Bracket: Teen
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 220 lbs
Class: Class C.
Synet Gadget: IPod. A customized iPod that not only listens to music, but has access to the internet and, most importantly, Synet. Stolen from a Class a store.
Favorite Weapons: Sabers. One-handed or Double edge sabers.
Appearance:

He has long black hair. The front part of his hair usually tends to hang over his right eye. His skin is Caucasian. He has soul piercing eyes with purple pupils. He has a small, muscular physic, but still appears skinny. Tends to wear black clothing and dresses down to not be noticed so much.

History: Terry Runnels grew up in New Jersey as an orphan. After his father died as a soldier in the army, his mother gave him up to an orphanage, not having the strength or the financial means to take care of him. His mom was a Class C citizen. In that very orphanage, he met his best friend, Xavier, who he immediately grew close to and love like a brother. After spending a year in the orphanage, a Class A family by the name of The Stevens picked up both Xavier and Terry and adopted them as sons. Over the years, the Stevens grew heavily fond of Xavier, based on how well he cleaned up after himself and made good grades in school. They treated him as their star pupil. On the other hand, they did not tend to favor Terry as much since he struggled more in school and did not take the initiative to get things done. Xavier usually is the one to bail Terry out of getting grounded or enduring punishments, which Terry always replies, "I owe you one" and seems to rack up a ton of them. The most infamous cover up is Xavier lying about buying Terry an iPod with his own money, when in fact, that very same iPod was stolen from a store. After graduation, Terry wanted to join the Golden Rivers Crusade and set out to attend try outs.

Name: Xavier Hendrix
Code Name: Phantom
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 202 lbs
Class: Class C.
Synet Gadget: Watch
Favorite Weapons: Gunslinger. Plasma Guns. Hand-Guns. Shot Gun. Bazooka. Energy Blast Machine Guns.
Appearance:

Short gray hair. Likes to dress in style. He has a high sense in fashion. He wears a pair of glasses and hardly takes them off. He has a silver necklace around his neck with a locket on the end of it, carrying a picture of his parents. Likes to smile a lot.

History: Xavier had a similar child hood to Terry. However, Xavier lost both his parents to an unfortunate car accident, one night when he was being baby-sited. As a result, he was sent off to an orphanage where he met up with Terry and became play-brothers. After joining The Stevens, Xavier received the highest level of education and attention from the family, while Terry was overlooked. Feeling sympathy for his play-brother, Xavier did all he came to remain loyal to him, even bail him out of trouble for his wrong doings. Xavier graduated in the top of his class and was pressured to become a lawyer by Mr. Stevens. However, he declined and decided to go try out for the Golden Rivers Crusade with Terry.

Name: Vincent James Whitaker
Code Name: Killer V or Mister Duba-U (Mr. W)
Age Bracket: Adult
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 268 lbs
Class: Class A
Synet Gadget: Electronic Pad. Mini-laptop.
Favorite Weapons: Axes. Gigantic mace.
Appearance: Fat. Bald. Likes to wear suits of all colors. Smokes a huge cigar. Think Kingpin from Spiderman.

History: Killer V is a notorious crime lord who has been arrested numerous times, but always finds a way to get free and go back to doing his business. He owns a drug corporation that sneaks illegal drugs like heroin and crack and sells it on the streets. Surprisingly, he fought alongside Commander Elliot Rivers in the Navy for a short time, but soon went AWOL and got kicked out. He then turned to a life of crime and started his own drug business, making money off of the expenses of teens and adults who buy his illegal drugs. He shows no shame in his methods and usually defends himself by saying, "I'm not the one buying; I just sell." The new Golden Rivers Crusade will encounter him soon enough.
vvv credit to .Impact.

I have a NEW RP! Join the RP Ragnorak: "The Seven Spirits of Vladimar!" We need more RPers to help out.
penguinlord352 Posted: 10:36 Jun20 2012 Post ID: 3121805
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
Name: Garm Plasmal
Code Name: Angel of Death
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 197 lbs.
Class: A
Synet Gadget: His two prosthetic hands. Connect to the Internet and can project a holographic computer.
Favorite Weapons: Scythe, Sniper Rifle, High Explosives
Appearance: Black, medium length hair, tanned skin, blue jeans, startlingly bright blue eyes, sleeveless black shirt, muscular arms and build, cleanshaven face. Wears black gloves on his hands to hide the fact that they are hand-crafted synet prosthetics. Around his neck hangs a badge on a chain.
History: An officer of the law, Garm is known to have an impressive arrest record. He possesses a rare kind of synet because of an accident when he had just started out as a newbie cop at age 19. A car accident involving seventeen known criminals, an eighteen-wheeler truck from a Class C city, and Garm's patrol car led to him losing his hands. Desperate to return to duty so he could move past the incident, he obtained a unique prosthetic synet from an unknown source: two prosthetic hands, which contained a computer system and microscopic holographic projectors lining the outer shell of the prosthetics. After returning to duty, he used the police issued equipment, wearing gloves at all times to keep the prosthetics a secret. He rose through the ranks and was recently scouted by the FBI, but it turned out that it was actually the Golden Rivers Crusade that had requisitioned him. Somehow, they'd found out about this hands. And with his track record, it seemed he wa among the best candidates for the position.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Jun 20th 2012 »
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Craizen Posted: 12:10 Jun20 2012 Post ID: 3121846
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Name: Zane Haru
Code Name: Crying Death
Height: 6'0
Weight: 180
Class: Class B
Synet Gadget: Glasses, one eye. His left is a fake, a mechanized prosthetic that interacts with is glasses, normal upon appearance but are digital linked to the internet, which can be viewed through is prosthetic eye, directly into his head. Given to him by his boss to run statistics for betting, stocks etc.
Favorite Weapons: Collapsible Sword, Sniper Rifle, Stun Grenades, Pressure Points
Appearance: Maroon button up long sleeve shirt, white under shirt, black jeans, designer black sneaks and a silver watch. His glasses are a modern frame, the lenses the larger hispter style. He is african american, closed shaved head,((not bald)). Hazel Eyes, soft facial features.
History: Hired by one of the largest loan shark organizations, his talents for easily slipping into surroundings and prediction models got him noticed by his boss, and he was promoted to run statics for bets, and loans. On the side to collect outstanding loans. Recently his boss started ordering more hits and left theft, but that made him think twice, so he started hiding those on his list, after collecting of course. His boss started getting suspicious, but that was round the time Zane received the notification from Golden River Crusade, and he gladly took the way out.

« Last edited by Craizen on Jun 25th 2012 »
nightmare2 Posted: 14:45 Jun20 2012 Post ID: 3121907
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
((CURSE YOU PNEGY I WAS GONNA USE THAT CODE NAME!))
Name: Riku S. Maere
Code Name: Nightmare
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 134
Class: C
Synet Gadget: Old golden pocket watch.
Favorite Weapons: Two 6 inch serrated blades, two desert eagles with odd lettering across each barrel, and a simple worn out katana.
Appearance: Short cut dirty blonde hair with lightning blue eyes. His skin is Caucasian. A pretty lean light build generally wearing worn out jeans with a dirty T-shirt and dark black hoodie. Wears a scowl that never seems to go away.
History: Born into Class C, his parents were always at work to be able to support him and his older brother. He never really knew either of his parents as they worked long hours came home ate and went to bed. His older brother also worked but alot less, even though they were sepeated by a good few years, 6, they had alot in common. Once he got old enough Riku got a job of his own and also started stealing to make money for himself. He never went to school but his brother taught him what he learned. Time passed and his older brother soon left home to make money, in that time Riku became more of a criminal to get money. Got a new group of friends and learned how to fight. But when he heard of the tryouts he decided to join and packed up what he had and left for them.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
KOG Posted: 18:13 Jun20 2012 Post ID: 3121955
KOG
+
Nightmare and Garm. Where have I heard those names before? :P Haha. All three profiles look clear. Cool characters. You all are in. Smile I'm gonna wait a little bit longer to see who else signs up. No one signs up by friday, I'll get this baby rolling.

« Last edited by KOG on Jun 20th 2012 »
vvv credit to .Impact.

imaloony8.0 Posted: 00:34 Jun21 2012 Post ID: 3122020
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Well I'll try and not copy-paste my Ragnarok character. >.>

Name: Devin Ghattas
Code Name: The Grey Jester
Height: 5'10
Weight: 127 lbs.
Class: B
Synet Gadget: Backpack. Devin's Sling-style backpack can extend a small panel and a holographic display in front of him. The panel (Which can extend to either hand) controls the screen, and is easily controlled with one hand. Includes an earpiece that accepts voice commands.
Favorite Weapons: His "Living Metal" elbow blades. His bare hands. A submachine gun, similar in style to the classic MP5. Voice commands allow the safety to be switched on or off without touching the gun, as well as the fire rate (Single, Burst, Auto). A flare gun for distraction (and fun).
Appearance: Devin has a red and black mohawk, and blue eyes. His skin is deeply tanned, and he has a little scruff on his face, but not long enough to be considered a full beard. Devin wears a white wifebeater underneath a black vest. His arms remain uncovered so as not to get in the way of his "Living Metal". When extended, the skin where his Living Metal is active takes on a grayish color, which will return to normal once he returns his skin to its usual shape. He wears a pair of light denim jeans and a beaten-up pair of tennis shoes. On the center of his chest, he has a scar from his operation. He had a sling-style dark green backpack he wears, and it has a modified holster on it for his SMG.
History: Being from the B class, his family would have had a tough life to begin with. However, their life took a sudden turn for the worse when Devin was 14 and was diagnosed with a heart virus. With a survival rate of 0% without a transplant, and Devin's name put far down the transplant list (behind the wealthier A Class patients), things were looking bleak. Determined not to lose their son, Devin's parents approved a very risky operation: Devin's father used nearly all of the credit he saved up so that his employer would allow a new heart to be created with his Synet. This kind of operation had been attempted in the past with little to no success. While certain body parts could be made from Synets, organs almost never took, and when they did, there were often complications that lead to death soon after.
Still, the operation took place. Devin survived, but like the others, he began to decline quickly. For weeks the doctors tried to keep him alive, but their efforts appeared to be in vain. Then, as it looked like Devin would die for sure, he made a miraculous recovery.
In the days that followed, his family feel to crippling debt from the hospital bills, while Devin seemed to almost... disappear. For several months Devin would do almost nothing but sleep, eat, and sit alone in silence. Occasionally he would whisper something to himself, but otherwise, he was completely silent.
One day, he finally spoke to his parents again. He said, "Mother, Father. You cannot care for me any longer due to these debts of yours. Thank you for all you have given me," and then left. His parents searched for him for a long time, but eventually were forced to give up and continue working, or face starvation. Without their son to take care of, they managed to continue on, but only just.
Devin would remain in solitude for a long time, taking odd jobs to finish his education. For the longest time he would remain in the employ of a circus as an entertainer. He turned out to be a fantastic acrobat, with excellent dexterity, speed, and flexibility. Eventually, he gained the nickname "The Gray Jester", as his acts would always pleased the children, but they comment on how he never smiled during his act.
It turned out that Devin himself had survived due to a change in his mind. The heart that was now keeping him alive was intelligent, and had implanted itself in Devin's mind as another personality, only calling itself "Reona". Devin's initial sickness was caused by his mind trying to reject this presence, which he finally embraced when he realized his only other choice was death. The months that followed the operation was when Devin got to know the personality, and when it fed off its knowledge to expand its own vocabulary and evolve into a full presence.
As an additional side effect, Devin found that his blood, now infused with bits of the Golden Orb's liquid, can change the property of his arms, which were the main area affected when the transplant initially took place. From his arm, Devin can sprout razor-sharp blades of a metal-like material. This metal is extremely flexible and doesn't limit the movement of Devin's arms in the slightest, but can harden into a near-indestructible material. The blades can move on his arms nearly at will, and take on several other shapes, such as rock-solid plates. Devin has dubbed this material, which can disappear back into his skin as though it were never there, "Living Metal".
Reona itself is very wise, but brutally realistic, which is one of the reasons Devin cannot smile anymore. Any pleasant thought he has is smashed into pieces by Reona's logic. Still, Reona helped teach Devin how to fend for himself, improve his physical abilities, and become self sufficient. In exchange, however, it had one request, the Devin now finds himself completely unable to resist: "Find the golden orb. Find it, and simply touch it." But Devin knows that it won't be that simple. But how might he get close to it? Sytes, of course. And her daughter was taking tryouts for a peacekeeping force. The only lead he had, Devin set out to make the force.

Based off of one of the characters in "The Legacy of Sky". Plug plug.
Sorry if I got a bit carried away with the history part. I just started typing and then... an hour had passed. Huh.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Jun 22nd 2012 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
KOG Posted: 20:59 Jun22 2012 Post ID: 3122637
KOG
+
You're in imalooney. Good to have most of the RAGNORAK crew back. Let's get this baby rolling.

============================

Our story begins at a military base in Philadelphia, constructed over the exact barren land where the meteorite crashed. No tree is found in sight, just land of dry ground and sand. The base itself is a gigantic warehouse made out of unbreakable metal and stationed in the center of a large perimeter. In this very base is where the try-outs for the Golden River Crusade is held, as declared by Commander Rivers himself. Months ago, he sent out a letter to all chosen for the try out. The perimeter is measured by a fence with barbed-wire covering the top of it, showing army men in brown army clothing guarding it with rifles. Two men stand at the entrance of the fences, awaiting the arrival of the people who will try out for the Golden River Crusade.

One of the soldiers views a group of participants approach the base and steps forward to address them. "Please. State your name and show me some identification."

(( Your characters should have received a letter and a map to the base through mail or email. Approach the gate, introduce yourselves, and make mention of the letter. ))
vvv credit to .Impact.

penguinlord352 Posted: 21:36 Jun22 2012 Post ID: 3122644
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm approached the gate first. He pulls out his badge and police ID.

"Garm Plasmal, detective. I received a letter with instructions to come here and a map. For some tryouts, it seems. And these are the others who received the same letter. Come on up, don't be shy. They've got guns, but they won't shoot you. Unless you give them a good reason."

Garm steps aside, pulling his sidearm out and showing that it was not loaded and there was no bullet in the chamber before putting it back in its holster. He'd removed the clip and the chambered round before approaching the gate. As a precaution.

Craizen Posted: 07:57 Jun23 2012 Post ID: 3122700
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zane didn't appreciate already being treated like a child, even if he was referring to the others, they still looked plenty old enough. But whatever, he didn't have a reason to even stay on the thought pattern. He took out his own identification, a brokers badge that allowed him into higher security financial institutions on "business."

"Zane Haru, Statistic Runner, personal assistant I guess you could say."

He wasn't armed, except for his sword, which was tucked into a holder wrapped around his waist, one of the reasons he wore button ups. Even his undershirt was specially sewn to allow quick access.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 08:50 Jun23 2012 Post ID: 3122707
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Devin followed close behind.

"Devin Ghattas," he said. Without another word, he extended his hand, which held the map and letter.
"Aren't you going to introduce me?" a small voice whispered in Devin's head.
"Shut up Reona," he thought back.

KOG Posted: 17:21 Jun23 2012 Post ID: 3122847
KOG
+
The soldier steps forward, observes the letters and identification materials, and nods in approval. "All clear. Give them the message soldier."

"Oh right" said the second soldier, approaching the group. "Welcome to the base. The fact that you all have decided to join the crusade, while knowing the danger that comes along with it, is a great display of courage and honor. By orders of the commander, I am to let you all through. However, I was authorized to give you a warning."

The soldier opens the fence doors, revealing the huge open field of nothing but dry ground, broken soil, and sand. With the sun beaming down on the land, it almost resembled a desert in a sense. "The field in front of you is covered with mines. These mines have no reactors or beepers to let you know they're going to explode. The only way you'll know if you stepped on a mine is, well .... when it blows up in your face. We are told not to inform you of where or how to detect the mines. This is a test of courage. If you truly desire to be in the Golden River Crusade, you must cross the field and reach the Military Base Warehouse alive. Please, make your decisions carefully."

Little did they know, across the field to their left is a lantern post, which lights up at night. On top of this post is a camera, capturing their every move. Apparently, someone is secretly watching the new recruits' behind the scenes.

« Last edited by KOG on Jun 23rd 2012 »
vvv credit to .Impact.

imaloony8.0 Posted: 21:28 Jun23 2012 Post ID: 3122893
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Devin didn't even hesitated and began walking through the field towards the warehouse.
"Aren't you even going to consider your options?" Renoa asked.
"No," Devin replied.
"Why?"
"It's pointless. Either I'll step on a mine or I won't. I'd rather just get it over with."
"She might be lying you know, there might not be a single mine out here."
"Like I said, pointless."

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Jun 23rd 2012 »

penguinlord352 Posted: 22:16 Jun23 2012 Post ID: 3122906
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm, too, didn't hesitate, walking right alongside Devin. He figured the two of them looked like they were either crazy or really, really cool.

Well, least I'm not the only one who doubts that minefield stuff. I mean, why would they put a mine in the only path to the base door. Glad to see I won't be alone on the front line.

Garm kept walking, not stopping or pausing anywhere along the straight line, without even watching his step. Fear holds back only the foolish. The truly brave and courageous use their fear to push forward.

KOG Posted: 23:07 Jun23 2012 Post ID: 3122917
KOG
+
Surprisingly, all the recruitments marched the sand grounds, despite knowing they could step on a mine at any second. Luckily, no one is hurt and reaches the warehouse safely. Upon the front double doors of the warehouse, two voices are heard inside. Two other recruits had arrived a lot earlier than the newer ones.

"This is one weird place for try-outs" said one of the voices, lively and upbeat.
"Quit complaining" said the other, a little more calm and laid back.

"I'm not complaining, just making an observation"
"Right."
"How many people do you think will show up?"
"I'd tell you if I cared ... "
"Well, it would suck if we were the only ones. Hopefully a hot chick shows up."
"Keep it in your pants."
"Hey, haha!"

The two voices are from two other recruits, trying out for the crusade. One with black hair and a mysterious, yet very casual, rock shirt and jeans. The other more formally dressed with a white dress shirt, black-tie, read-glasses, black slacks, and gray hair. The patiently waited for more recruits to arrive.
vvv credit to .Impact.

penguinlord352 Posted: 10:55 Jun24 2012 Post ID: 3123015
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm is the one to open the doors. He takes a moment to observe the two. Then introduced himself.

"Pardon the intrusion, but we're those other recruits you've been waiting for. I'm Garm Plasmal, a detective."

Garm just walks in and looks about, then focuses in on the two early birds.

"You guys see anyone who looks like they might be in charge here?"

Garm would like to get to work and intends on finishing the tryouts as quickly as possible. He understood the dangers criminals posed all to well, given his employment history.

Craizen Posted: 13:32 Jun24 2012 Post ID: 3123048
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zane had just ended up strolling casually behind the two in, over analyzing the situation, though that was his job. He didn't bother to introduce himself at the time, he figured they would all be acquainted soon enough. But he agreed.

"It would be nice to know who is in charge here."
imaloony8.0 Posted: 20:16 Jun24 2012 Post ID: 3123137
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Devin seemed content to stand alone and wait for further instructions.
"Why don't you go introduce yourself?" Renoa said.
"Why don't you shove it up your ***?" Devin replied.
"That'd be your *** too."
Devin didn't reply, but the mental equivalent of a growl seemed reach Renoa.
"Look, you could use a few allies. Sure, a few of them might get killed along the way, but they'll find ways to be useful to you."
"Fine, but I'll blame you when this blows up in our face," Devin retorted.

Devin approached the group that was introducing themselves.
"I'm Devin Ghattas," he muttered, seemingly uninterested in this conversation even though he seemed to have entered it himself, "and I used to be a carnival worker," Devin managed to say this without a hint of irony. If it weren't for that, someone might be inclined to call him a liar.

KOG Posted: 22:15 Jun24 2012 Post ID: 3123145
KOG
+
"Hey folks, my name is Xavier Hendrix" said the gray-haired boy with glasses. "And that's Terry"
Terry Runnels, the mysterious black haired boy, does nothing to acknowledge the existence of the new recruits.
"Don't mind him" said Xavier. "He gets shy very easily. He isn't much of a people's person. Oh, and if you're wondering who is in charge, your guess is as good as mine. We arrived an hour ago."
"Some idiotic soldiers told us the field was covered in mines" said Terry. "They were obviously lying .... "
"I don't know about that" said Xavier. "If you ask me, we're very fortunate most likely"
"Don't be stupid" replied Terry.

At that very moment, an alarm goes off and red sirens began flashing across the ceiling. This startles both Xavier into a defense position, but Terry remained unphased. A computerized voice comes over the intercoms of the room.

"Warning. Intruder alert. Intruder alert. Commencing operation: Immobilize. Now dispensing sector 101, and 204."

Numerous hole in the ground suddenly appear and robotic figures up to the surface. The robots carried swords, lances, axes, drills, and other weapons surging with electricity. Their design is well constructed and a total number of twelve stand before the group.

A sinister, yet somewhat gleeful, smile appears on the face of Terry Runnels, as he reaches in his pocket and pulls out an ipod. Placing earphones in his ear, he turns on the iPod and plays the song, "Inside The Fire" by Disturbed.

"Now we're talking. Let's dance!"

Suddenly, he presses a Synet tab and unleashes a splash of golden liquid. He quickly manipulates the liquid into two sliver hand-grips, then actives the hand-grips and brings about two golden blade sabers. Without hesitation, Terry dashes across the floor, cutting the ground as he ran, and attacks the first robot he saw with two lightning quick slashes. Afterwards, he leaps backwards, as the robot splits in hard down the middle and explodes in a burst of electricity.

(( There are eleven left. Each of you can take out three. The last two will be taken out by Xavier. Go kick some butt! Smile ))
vvv credit to .Impact.

Displaying Page 1 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close