Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Golden River Crusade: "What Goes On In The Dark"

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:31 Jun24 2012 Post ID: 3123147
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
Garm didn't react with surprise, he simply took his gloves off and put them in his pockets, revealing the shiny silver prosthetic hands. With a simple hand gesture that looked like something mildly like a name in sign language, the hands released the well-known golden liquid, forming into a deadly golden scythe. Spinning it around like some kind of high-speed windmill, he slashed down one of the robots as it came close to him, experiencing a slight shock as the bot's lance grazed him. The wound was just a scratch, so it didn't bleed...much.
"Well, that hurt a bit more than normal."
He struck down the next by rolling to the side while spinning the scythe handle around his right leg, tucking in the left leg so it wouldn't block the scythe's movement. The blade spun through the bot and into the floor, embedding itself there while Garm completed the roll. As he got to his feet he took hold of the scythe again and jumped off of the nearest bot's back only to spin in mid air and cut it cleanly in half. He landed in a crouched position with the scythe blade behind him, holding the handle against his back. He spun it around to deflect the weapon of the last bot he'd cut down, as it had been sent flying into the air by the scythe's blade. The electrified lance embedded in the wall nearby.
"Not so tough when you take them one at a time though."

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Jun 24th 2012 »
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
imaloony8.0 Posted: 22:49 Jun24 2012 Post ID: 3123153
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
((God KOG, you make these jokes too easy for me.
GOLDEN RIVER CRUSADE, ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBATTLE!))

Devin broke off from the group to try and spread out the robots. This was unsuccessful, and he found three of the robots quickly closing in on him.
"You can't fight all of them at once," Reona said.
"Who says?" Devin retorted.
"I do; you don't even know what they're capable of."
Devin drew his Submachine Gun and set it at his left hip. "Auto," he whispered into a mic that hung next to his mouth. He then sprayed a burst of automatic fire at the robots.
Quick to respond, two dodged to Devin's left, and one dodged to his right. Satisfied that the robots were divided enough, Devin sprang to the one on his right and swung his right arm at the robot in the manner of a Karate Chop. A stupid plan, by most standards.
Devin, however, had an ace. As his arm sped through the air, a blade grew out of his flesh for just a moment, stretching from the tip of his pinky down to his elbow. With a quick slash, this blade decapitated the robot before his arm returned to its normal shape.
This all happened in a fraction of a second, and it was unlikely any of the others caught it. The robots, however, seemed to look at his arms with curiosity. Their movements from then on were far more cautious.
"Don't show your ace so early, you idiot," Reona hissed.
"Well excuse me for taking one of them out."
"Be more careful! What if one of the others saw and began asking questions? At least try to be more subtle with how you dispose of the last two."
"No promises," Devin muttered.
Devin turned his SMG again and fired another sustained burst, but this time the robots dodged around and charged him together. The one on his left held an electric-charged axe, while the other had a halberd, making the situation tricky. Devin ducked under the axe's slash and attempted to yank it away, but with a spark, Devin was sent to the ground, twitching in agony. He was quick it his feet, however, allowing him to dodge the stab of the Halberd.
As luck would have it, the tip stuck into the ground, and it took the robot a moment to pull the weapon out from the ground. With this distraction, Devin rolled up onto one knee and empied the rest of his clip into the robot, causing it to fall to the ground.
"Excellent, and maybe next time you'll actually get stabbed to finish an opponent?"
Devin ignored Reona's comment as he barked "Reload!" into his mouthpiece. His SMG automatically ejected its clip, and his backpack coughed out a golden liquid. After a brief second, the liquid solidified as a new clip of ammo, which Devin snatched up and loaded his gun with.
The final robot, however, wasted no time in dashing at Devin. Finding himself pressed for time, Devin dropped his SMG and pulled his left arm back. He felt another jolt of electricity as the axe opened a large gash on his leg, but he ignored it as his fist smashed into the center of the robot.
At the moment of impact, a spike sprouted from his middle knuckle, piercing the center of the robot. For a moment, the robot didn't move. That was likely because Devin was busy spouting several razor sharp tendrils from the spike and secretly gutting the robot from the inside.
Finally satisfied, Devin yanked his now normal looking fist back and shoved the junked robot over.
"Not too bad," he said.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Craizen Posted: 14:00 Jun25 2012 Post ID: 3123306
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Zane ducked and rolled under the first robot, setting of his glasses as he analyzed the model, the information feeding into his head. He stayed out of range until he found the weak points he was looking for, besides the obvious head. He drew his sword and flipped it out to it's full length, a deadly strong 3.5ft blade.As one of the bots brought down its blade arm, the moment it hit the ground he jumped on to it and instead of attack that bot, he used it as leverage to gain height on another robot closing in on the right. He bounded off and kicked that one in the shoulder, sending a slight distance back so it gave him room to make to quick slashes on the first bot, cutting off the arm it attacked with first, then a diagonal cut across the body, finishing it. He went to attack the second bot when he heard the arcing of electricity behind him, getting a shock but avoiding the punch.

"Damn! That could have took me out...

He threw his sword low, running behind it as it pierced the bot. He dove under the next punch and grabbed the sword, slicing it across it's right leg and throwing it off balance, turning and doing it to the other leg.

"Now stay." He moved back to the second bot and ran, weaving and slashing it across the chest, finishing it off quickly, having fully analyzed and learned their attack patterns. He simply walked back to the third bot and sliced off it's head, smiling.

[color=turquoise]"I really should invest in dual swords...[/color[
KOG Posted: 20:29 Jun25 2012 Post ID: 3123535
KOG
Post Likes: 0
+
Terry Runnels decides to toy with some robots and teases two to chase him. He finds himself high-tailing it as two robots morph their feet into roller blades and dashes after him. Not once did Terry look behind him, still blasting the song "Inside The Fire" in his eardrums. "How long do you plan on me running? You could have shot them by now."
"I know, I know" said Xavier, who is now carrying two custom made silver plasma guns, one in each hand. He lines up both guns and gazes through the scopes, aiming to take off one of the heads. "Just building anticipation."
"Whatever" said Terry, continuing to run.
The robots continue to pick up speed on Terry, creating sparks and leaving marks across the floor. Then just as soon as one robot lunges into the air and fall down on Terry, Xavier plugs the trigger and shoots an blue energy orb, destroying the robot on impact! The explosion catches the other robot in its depth and takes it out as well. Upon destruction, Xavier twirls his guns in a stylish fashion and then mashes them together, turning them back into golden liquid and having it melt into the air. "Bullseye!"

"I was getting bored, you know" said Terry. "Any second later and I would have killed them myself."
"You sure about that? Ha!" said Xavier. "Anyways, that was a bit easy. I'd expect try outs to be ... you know ... challenging. What do you guys think?"
vvv credit to .Impact.

Bow down to the King of Games!!!

I have a NEW RP! Join the RP Ragnorak: "The Seven Spirits of Vladimar!" We need more RPers to help out.
Craizen Posted: 20:52 Jun25 2012 Post ID: 3123551
Craizen
A'ight
+
{{BAH! Completely wasn't thinking that Zane's glasses should be able to leak energy, correct? I should change his Codename to Tear Drop.))

Zane snapped his sword back it's smaller size, but kept it out. "It was alright, I guess. I'm assuming it was of a warm up than anything, see how we react and all that. I'm assuming the real fight is coming.

He was actually hoping it wouldn't, this was not his preferred fighting conditions, not as quick and as in and out as he prefered. But he loved the way it made his blood rush, the adrenaline pumping.
penguinlord352 Posted: 21:37 Jun25 2012 Post ID: 3123584
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
The scythe turned back into the liquid form and returned to the storage in Garm's hands.

"That was rather easy. You'd think they knew we could handle that, given the fact that they scouted us. Maybe...data collection? You know, on how we each fight as individuals and deal with sudden surprise attacks. Although with the alarm and all, that wasn't much of a surprise attack."

He doesn't put his gloves back on yet, just in case there are more coming. In that case, he might have to break out the second scythe.

Really interesting collection of people though. Who'd have thought I'd run into such talented and...uniquely experienced people here.

Zane's synet has clicked somewhere in Garm's memory. Something was eerily familiar about it to him.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Jun 25th 2012 »

nightmare2 Posted: 19:05 Jun26 2012 Post ID: 3123841
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
((Ah sorry bout missing the intro and nice song choice there love Inside the Fire.))

Riku entered the room a little late as he found it harder to actually get to the destination, his savings had been of much use getting to the base as he disliked actually spending them and ended up travelling by the cheapest methods. He had entered right behind the others but decided not to talk to them instead he sat as far away from them as he could and stay out of notice until the robots came in. At which he just stood up and waited for one to approach seeing no use in charging one down. Most were distracted by the others but one did decide to attack him. It approached cautiously waiting for Riku to react in some way, when he did not it accelerated and attempted to behead him with an axe. Riku liked his head and rolled to the side pulling out a pocket watch and a desert eagle, from the watch he poured a golden liquid out and onto the gun which seemed to seep into it.

"Judgement, Heaven."

Riku didn't bother aiming instead he just pulled the trigger and watched the first robot explode, taking notice of one of it's allies falling two more robots flew over towards him. His gun still held somewhat lazily at his side he fires two more shots and watched the bullets follow the robots around slowly gaining on them. However right before they hit each robot acted differently, the first switched out a hammer and sent as much electricity as it seemed to be able to into it and smashed deflected the bullet straight at Riku who simply leaned to the side to dodge it. The second sent a good deal of electricity into one of it's limbs and sacrificed it; when the bullet came in contact with the limb the robot detached it and flew away. Riku frowned, taking a step to the side, as he had hoped they both did the same thing. He let out a long sigh and focused on the one that had sacrificed it's arm, as the other had just been pierced with a bullet and exploded.

"Giudizio, Cielo."

The gun shined golden for a brief second and Riku returned it to it's hiding place then reached behind his back and pulled out a knife. He held it out in front of him and charged the final robot with a good deal of speed. The robot used it's remaining limb and formed a sword which it used to parry his strike, Riku quickly attacked again and made sure it was preoccupied with defending against his attacks before quickly taking out a second knife, exactly the same as the first, and lodging it in the robot's head. Pulling the knife out he finished it off by cutting it's sword limb off, using both knives to do so, and watching it fall to the ground.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
KOG Posted: 21:25 Jun26 2012 Post ID: 3123880
KOG
+
Once the last robot is destroyed, the computerized voice returns on the PA system:

"Now initiating combat procedure, 200192. Unleashing, Greg The Destroyer."

"Greg, the Destroyer?" said Xavier. "Sounds like some backyard wrestling junkie who couldn't cut it in big leagues."
"Quiet" Terry responds, putting his music on pause. "I sense something coming. Something big."

At first, footsteps are heard in the distance and the ground rumbles a bit. Then, as the footsteps get louder and louder, the ground rumbles more and more, as if a giant is approaching the recruits at that very moment. What awaits them behind the garage door is no giant, but it certainly is no cakewalk. The garage door opens and a huge, well-constructed, robot with blasters for hands and hovering legs keeping it afloat. Its metallic body is made out of skyblue titanium, a specialized metal that is extremely hard to cut.

"Uhh, you know what? I think I liked the other robots better" Xavier said, reforming two more plasma guns in his hands after viewing the robot.
"Heh, wimp" responds Terry. "This is more like it. Now, we're talking!"

(( Warm up is out of the way. Now let's have some fun. ))
vvv credit to .Impact.

I have a NEW RP! Join the RP Ragnorak: "The Seven Spirits of Vladimar!" We need more RPers to help out.
penguinlord352 Posted: 21:51 Jun26 2012 Post ID: 3123887
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm releases both hands' reserves of the golden liquid, forming two scythes, one held in each hand. He spins them around a bit, to re-adjust his stance more accurately.

"Small fry, compared to what we'll face in the future. This we can kill without hesitation. However, criminals can't be killed without just cause. It is far more difficult to keep a target alive in a deadly fight than it is to simply cut them into ribbons. If you can imagine how tough that is, this doesn't seem too difficult at all."

He readies his scythes, but hesitates a moment, waiting to see if everyone else if ready. He didn't want to provoke it until everyone was ready. Otherwise, it could end in someone's death. Something any experience officer of the law thinks about.

Craizen Posted: 00:43 Jun27 2012 Post ID: 3123968
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zane's glasses begin to drip energy, though he controlled the flow and sped it up for time. At the slower rate, it resembled golden tear drops. Two blades laid in his hand as he took his own stance.

"You seem to have picked up quite the wisdom in you days as an officer...I like that. But let's focus on cutting this to ribbons, no?

He activated his glasses again to analyze the bot, but not finding a whole ton.
nightmare2 Posted: 16:39 Jun27 2012 Post ID: 3124230
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Riku ignored the others, mostly the lecturing officer who just creeped him out, and pulled out his pocket watch. He opened it up and looked at the time, then closed it and turned a knob at the top, the second time he opened it only a fraction letting golden liquid trickle through it. He already had the desert eagle from before in his other hand underneath the watch where he let it slowly seep up the liquid. Once satisfied he closed the pocket watch and returned it to his pocket. He held his gun lazily at his side just as before, the barrel pointed downward, with him not even aiming it.

"Judgement, heaven."

Riku looked his new opponent up and down, it was obviously a lot tougher however it looked much slower than the ones before. Noticing the armor Riku decided that it would be better to attack it with larger blunter attacks rather than attempting to pierce the armor. Holding up his gun he aims straight at the head and pulls the trigger, the gunshot rings through the silent air and Riku is happy to notice that the sound attracted it's attention.

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 17:46 Jun27 2012 Post ID: 3124248
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
In the moment of the gunshot, Garm immediately began to count the seconds before the machine retaliates. He wanted to know the timing of the thing's weaponry, processing speed, sensory equipment, and target lock on software, then analyze the effects of its hardware, that is, the lasers on its hands. With that knowledge in hand, he could come up with a more effective counter strategy.

"Good thinking. Now we can find out how hard this thing's head is."

Rather than wait for the others to act, he decided to pull a little trick of his own. He released more golden liquid from his right hand, forming it into a block of C4, which he threw at the robot, while it was distracted by the gunshot, sticking the block of explosive material to its back.

KOG Posted: 01:36 Jun28 2012 Post ID: 3124334
KOG
+
The bullet from Riku and the C4 from Garm both hit the robot, creating a huge dust over the gigantic bot. Once the dust clears, Greg The Destroyer emerges from the smoke, with both his hand-blasters powering up. Two large energy spheres appear on the end of the blasters, sucking up all the air and oxygen around it.

"LOOK OUT!" yells Terry, leaping out of the way.

As soon as he leaps, Xavier quickly activates his Synet and uses the liquid to create a momentary shield over his body, hoping it blocks the energy spheres. However, he underestimates the power of the attack and ends up suffering a horrible outcome. Greg unleashes the sphere and both impact the shield and explode on impact! The force of the explosion breaks the shield and sends Xavier flying, crashing into the wall behind him. "Ragghhh!" he groans in pain, sliding down on his rear-end. "My arm!" he yells, griping his right arm.

Looking to capitalize on the attack, Terry rushes forward with two sabers in hand and leaps up to slash downward on the giant bot known as Greg, the Destroyer. Surprisingly, the massive bot quickly evades the attack by hovering backwards and takes a big swipe at Terry, clobbering him in thin air and knocking a distance, smashing head-first into a stack of boxes!

"Terry!" Xavier screams, worried about his best-friend turned brother.
vvv credit to .Impact.

penguinlord352 Posted: 01:53 Jun28 2012 Post ID: 3124339
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"That wasn't very nice, you know. How's about I show you how to apologize you hunk of scrap metal?"

The calm, collected voice hr speaks in unnerves the other tryout participants near him. Ignoring them, he rushes forward with the two scythes ready, spinning them in his hands and slashing away at the blasters, thinking they might be a possible weak point. He doesn't stop slashing, anticipating the machine's dodge.

So, it took the distance hits, but dodged when someone with a CQC fighting style came at it? Maybe it's weak against blades...

His analysis feels lacking somehow. But he already has a few backup plans in mind and releases a small amount of the gold liquid upon contact with the machine, sending it in through the thing's joints. Once inside, the liquid forms into a time bomb, which would destroy the interior, but the explosion will be weaker than C4, so it won't pierce the outer shell. The act puts a lot of strain on him and his hands seem a bit slower in spinning the scythes.

nightmare2 Posted: 11:12 Jun28 2012 Post ID: 3124491
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Ahh... poor guy."

Riku watched the two brothers get attacked with interest and made a note not to get hit as it looked like it hurt alot. He raised his gun again but seeing the creepy man attack it he decided not to shoot atleast not instantly. He took a few seconds to think what the creepy guy was trying at.

Alright so he thinks blasters are probably weaker spot, he thinks it may be weak against sharp objects, and maybe has some plan formed that he is sure will either work or at most keep him from harm.

Riku looked up again just in time to see him pour out a little more liquid and sends it through the joints. Frowning he re adjusts his aim towards the joints then back at it's face, waits a fraction of a second, and pulls the trigger. For him he could easily see the bullet which he followed its quick path straight up to where it came in contact with Greg, the Destroyer's head where it exploded on impact.

KOG Posted: 12:33 Jun28 2012 Post ID: 3124530
KOG
+
The plan formulated by Garm seems flawless. Unfortunately, Greg's programming proved to be a formidible opponent. Although the blasters carried scratches and dents as a result of Garm's attack, it still manages the operate the arm by raising it up and aiming it at Garm and Riku. However, this time, instead of energy spheres, the robot cleverly collects the liquid time bomb and blasts it out of its blasters, sending it in the direction of Riku and Garm, just as it was about to explode.

Meanwhile, Terry sits up from the pile of boxes and shakes his head, trying to rid of the cobwebs. "That hurt" he mutters. "Won't be doing that again."
vvv credit to .Impact.

nightmare2 Posted: 12:57 Jun28 2012 Post ID: 3124538
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Riku doesn't waste anytime in fleeing from the attack, showing his agility a second time he easily distances himself from the time bombs. Having seen the creepy guy's C4 attack and comparing them to the current time bombs he assumed the time bombs were weaker. He stopped a good few dozen feet away from the time bomb, close to where Terry was, and turned on the spot firing two more shots both of which went straight at Greg's head yet again. However this time they each had separate uses the first would explode in a blinding light and the second would send out a black smoke screen.

penguinlord352 Posted: 14:28 Jun28 2012 Post ID: 3124597
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Garm caught the time bomb in his right hand, reverting it to liquid before it exploded. Barely.

"Clever. But that won't be enough to stop me. My own attacks don't work on me. That means I can just try again with a different kind of bomb."

He didn't know why he was taunting the robot, but he felt like it. Rather than using the twin scythes, he reverted both to liquid state and reformed the golden liquid into a sniper rifle.

"Let me see how you deal with this."

He loaded and fired two shots. One went straight into one of the machine's blasters, the other collided into the main torso, with the force of a wild bear behind it. The two shots, once they hit, dispersed into golden liquid and Garm remotely reformed them into detonator controlled explosives inside the armored shell, just like with the time bomb. He held up his left hand, in which a detonator switch had formed. He pushed the button as soon as the bombs had finished forming. Detonation was instantaneous.

"Unfortunately for you, humans learn. Good job with the flashbang tactics kid."

imaloony8.0 Posted: 20:22 Jun28 2012 Post ID: 3124715
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Devin was content to study the Machine's pattern of attack for a few minutes. Once he was satisfied, he hefted his SMG in his left hand and balled his right hand into a fist.
"What're you planning?" Reona asked.
"Something stupid, obviously," Devin replied.
Waiting for the other attacks to clear, Devin sprinted at the robot, firing his SMG from the hip. He didn't expect it to do an damage, but any distraction would help his next move. Devin was fast, and jumped in an arc over the robot, still firing, although the clip ran dry at the top of the jump. Once above the robot, Devin sprouted a small blade running from the tip of his middle finger on his right hand down across his palm to the heel of his hand. Skyblue titanium was strong, but Living Metal was unique, able to slice through about anything if it had enough force.
Devin was concerned with his attack, however. Because he didn't want anyone to see the blade, he made it small, and it might not be large enough to break the shell.
Despite his concerns, Devin swiped the blade across the robots head.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
KOG Posted: 13:42 Jun29 2012 Post ID: 3124931
KOG
+
The three attacks all correlate into an incredible teamwork assault. The blinding light and smoke screen created by Riku succeeds in blindly the gigantic robot, blocking its sensors from detecting the combatants. Garm's clever method of deploying his explosives ended up destroying one of the robots hand-blasters, courtesy of the C4 shot into his right blaster. The second explosion on his torso stuns Greg momentarily, leaving him helpless to Devin. As Devin descends downward from his arc over the robot, he manages to slice the exterior of the giant bot's back-head and, surprisingly, cut an opening in the shell.

A weapon strong enough to break skyblue titanium? Unheard of.

Nonetheless, as a result of the attacks, Greg is still momentarily stunned with only one hand-blaster operational and a sliced-open gash across its back-head, exposing its computerized interior of hardware and electricity. Terry saw this and quickly starts connecting the dots and mentally maps out a way to defeat Greg The Destroyer. Letting his leadership instincts take over, he kips up out of the carnage of broken boxes and back to his feet.

"Xavier, can you still stand?" yells Terry.
"Y-yeah!" groans Xavier, rising up on the far side of the room, using the wall for leverage.
"Good, I'm gonna need you."

"Okay, you, the one who shot the smoke screen. Do exactly what you just did and distract it.
Then, you, the one that just shot an explosive. I'll need you to shoot two C4 explosives into the back of its head, and detonate. That will take out its head and stop him from seeing us.
After that, you, the guy who managed to cut through its shell. You and I will then move in and attack its shell, cutting it open at any part we can.
Finally, Xavier, once you have an opening, you take the shot and finish him off. Got it?"

Xavier could not help but smile. He loves it when his play-brother gets into this mode. Terry can be an amazing strategist when he needs to be and, now more than ever, is a great time to show it. "You got it bro!"

"ALRIGHT! LET'S NOT WASTE ANYTIME! READY! GO!"

« Last edited by KOG on Jun 29th 2012 »
vvv credit to .Impact.

Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close