Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Golden River Crusade: "What Goes On In The Dark"

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
nightmare2 Posted: 14:14 Jun29 2012 Post ID: 3124941
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Sighing to himself do to the bossy kid next to him Riku wastes a little time by carefully aiming, which wasn't necessary but no one else knew that yet, and then firing off the same two bullets as before. Then looked around and waited for the others to do their own parts his interest focusing on the man who managed to cut through the skyblue titanium with what appeared to be only his hand.

Odd though I saw a glint of metal behind his fingers... why would he put effort into hiding a little dagger?
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
penguinlord352 Posted: 14:25 Jun29 2012 Post ID: 3124944
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
Garm acted as soon as the shots went off, firing two golden bullets from the sniper rifle into the opening in the back of the head caused by the strange guy's attack. The rounds went in, then he remotely altered them into C4 blocks, detonating them instantly.

"Good plan kid. You'd make a good cop, you know that?"

Garm knows that since he is here, it's likely he has no intention of becoming a police officer, but still, he felt like saying it.

Now all that's left is the final blows.
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
KOG Posted: 16:19 Jun29 2012 Post ID: 3124978
KOG
Post Likes: 0
+
The blinding light and smoke screens shroud the head of Greg, the giant robot, allowing Garm to shoot two C4 into the opening made in the back of its head. As a result, the detonation from the bombs completely explodes Greg's robotic head clean off its body, sending it flying across the warehouse in pieces!!

The now headless body of Greg The Destroyer, still operational, begins firing random shots of energy pellets across the warehouse, hoping to hit someone in its onslaught.

"Alright, let's move in!" yells Terry, this time creating a double edge staff about the size of a large staff, but with two lightbulb sword sabers on each end and a hand-grip in the center. He dashes off, picking up speed and dodging the rapid-fire of energy pellets, and executes leap similar to the one Devin just did. However, unlike Devin, he lands on top of Greg where its head used to be and jabs the sword in through the opening where the head used to be, destroying the insides. He knew he did not have the material to cut the metal, but he knew he could slow the robot down long enough for Devin to create an opening. "Careful! Don't get hit by its fire!"

Meanwhile, Xavier used his last ounce of Synet liquid to create a large bazooka, carrying it with his good arm and using his bad arm to pull the trigger. "Come on, give me an opening guys. I just need one clean shot."
vvv credit to .Impact.

Bow down to the King of Games!!!

I have a NEW RP! Join the RP Ragnorak: "The Seven Spirits of Vladimar!" We need more RPers to help out.
Craizen Posted: 20:50 Jun29 2012 Post ID: 3125037
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
((I'm still here, I'll try to secure a computer soon but I am limited to my phone at the moment))

Zane moves around the random onslaught, changing his sword into a grenade, one that explodes with a sticky electrifying goo. It wasn't damaging per se, but was a highly effective stun. He tossed, bouncing it off the ground as it exploded in mid air, the goo hitting greg and his exposed wiries. He had modifies the usual nueral stun, giving the goo a natural charge. It wouldn't stop greg completely, but seriously slowed the rampaging bot.

"Hit it hard and hit it now!"

Zane had noticed how Garm had a taste for sniper rifles too.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 19:08 Jun30 2012 Post ID: 3125382
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
"Devin! You fool!" Reona hissed.
"What is it now? I'm a little busy."
"Do not let anyone see the Living Metal! That one over there, he's already suspicious, can't you see? They will ask questions, and before you know it we'll end up on an operating table!"
"Yeah, yeah..." Devin thought back.
"Quiet you idiot! I only have this one task for you: Find the golden orb and touch it, but you can't do that if you have a scalpal prodding through you, can you?"
"Fine, but I still need to get this thing open."
"Just don't let them see you attack! It's not difficult idiot!"

Devin grunted and faced the robot. With its head and thus its optics destroyed, it would be easier to attack without the robot directly targeting. However, his wild attacks would make it difficult to get close.
Devin dashed forward, dropping his SMG back into its holster. He muttered something into his mouthpiece, and another small blob of gold liquid appeared. Devin muttered something else, and it blasted itself in front of him to the base of Greg.
Vegetable Oil.
Devin dropped to the ground and slid underneath Greg, standing on the other side. From where he was, he could do some damage and no one would be able to see his arms.
Now, from his flesh sprouted his preferred form of the Living Metal; a blade on each arm that stretched from the tip of his pinky finger up to his shoulder. Flexible and strong, this material had no match.
With a roar, Devin dug his bladed elbows into the robot's back, flicking his arms so he could create a roughly triangle-shaped hole. When he was satisfied, the metal sank back into his arms, and Devin quickly jumped back.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Jul 1st 2012 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
KOG Posted: 12:59 Jul02 2012 Post ID: 3125884
KOG
+
Greg's sensors go haywire, immediately following the attack by Devin. With his system crashing, the robot now begins circling in place, unleashing a wild barrage of energy blasts all over the warehouse like an out-of-control machine gun! The walls and ceilings are damaged by the wild fire from the single-handed blaster of Greg.

Luckily, Xavier was at a good distance, so he was able to avoid the onslaught. Once the giant robot turned around, exposing the triangle shaped cut in his shell, Xavier aims through his scope and fires his bazooka! A large missile flies out of the firearm in top speed and collides into the triangle-shaped opening, exploding on impact! The resulting explosion engulfs the entire shell of Greg and destroys him, sending his robotic parts flying all over the warehouse. The recruits successfully defeats Greg The Destroyer.

Afterwards, the computerized voice returns on the PA System: "Greg The Destroyer has been annihilated. Congratulations. You have passed the test."

Xavier falls to his knees, relieved that he survived with as little damage as possible. "That was fun, hehe" he said sarcastically.
"Nice shot, bro" said Terry, before looking around. "We make a good team. Nice hustle, guys."

« Last edited by KOG on Jul 2nd 2012 »
vvv credit to .Impact.

I have a NEW RP! Join the RP Ragnorak: "The Seven Spirits of Vladimar!" We need more RPers to help out.
nightmare2 Posted: 14:36 Jul02 2012 Post ID: 3125938
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Guess so... now can we leave now or what don't want to stay here much longer."

Riku glances over at the creepy old man which was the main reason he didn't want to stay within the room much longer, other than that he kinda wanted to get in the Crusade officially and start getting paid and all the other perks that probably come along with it.

"Giudizio, Cielo."

Riku returns his gun back to his pocket and checks the time on his pocket watch again.

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 10:06 Jul03 2012 Post ID: 3126130
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
Garm reverted the snipe rifle to golden liquid and it went back into the storage space in his hands. Then he put his gloves back on.

"Well, whatever the case, at least we passed, right? Remember, it gets harder from here on in. Our work is only just beginning, huh?"

Garm looks at the wreck that Greg the Destroyer once was, suitably impressed by the teamwork that they'd pulled off, even without much time spent as a group. He could tell that they would go places.
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Craizen Posted: 13:56 Jul03 2012 Post ID: 3126199
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zane shrugged and snapped his sword back down, replacing it into its holder."It's only as hard as the mindset you take with it." He wasn't necessarily hinting at the physical difficulty, but the mental. It takes quite a bit to follow an order to put a bullet in someones head. He looked at Greg then looked around again, still waiting for the higher ups.
KOG Posted: 22:18 Jul03 2012 Post ID: 3126325
KOG
+
"My sentiments exactly, Haru"

The masculine voice booms over the PA system, responding to the statement made by Zane. Moments later, a white screen is seen lowering from the ceiling and a projector appears on the wall behind the group. The projector shoots a digital video onto the white screen, displaying two figures standing on what looks like a ship out in the ocean. On the left is a male wearing a green army outfit with a commander-in-chief hat. To his left is a gorgeous-looking, well-aged, woman with red-hair, eyeglasses, and a white scientist cloak covering her body. It is the heads of the secret organization, "The Golden River Crusade" and one of the primary figure heads of the US army force. Commander Elliot Rivers and his wife, Dr. Chelsea Rivers-Sytes, the daughter of the woman who invented Synet.

"Do not be alarmed. Allow me to introduce myself, in case you don't already know. Commander-in-chief Elliot Rivers, at your service. The beautiful lady standing next to me is head of the science affairs department, and my wife, Dr. Chelsea Rivers. We both orchestrated the test you have all just passed."
"In case you're wondering who made the robot, it was me, heh" responds Chelsea Rivers. "Prototype 605, otherwise known as Greg The Destroyer. I still have yet to work out the kinks, but it was one of my best models to date and you guys sure did a number on it."
"Of course, this could not have been done if not for the combined efforts of all of you. Alone, you all struggled to defeat the robot, but the moment you started working as a collective unit did you manage to bring it to its knees. It would be in your best interest to remember that. Now. I have a confession to make."
"Well actually, he has two" interrupts Dr. Rivers.
"I do?" said Commander Rivers, confused.
"Yes, the lie about the mines on the field, remember?" reminds Dr. Rivers.
"Well, that was merely a test of their imaginations and will to pursue this organization" said Commander Rivers.
"You still should apologize" argues Dr. Rivers. "If not for anything, at least for thinking that lie would fool anyone"
"Honey, not now, I'm busy" Commander Rivers argues back.

This soon leads into both Mr. and Mrs. Rivers bickering back and forth in front of the group. Xavier and Terry both watch this in bewilderment, not knowing what to make of the odd couple on the screen. "So this is our commander, huh?" whispers Terry under his breath.

"Anyways! My confession is that I falsified the location of the army base on your letters. The base you are at is an abandoned warehouse where the legendary Doctor Yolanda Sytes experimented on the meteorite that brought about the Golden Orb. It has since been abandoned for decades. We sent you there to watch you and observe how strong you all are. Now since you've passed, we can now show you the TRUE base. At this very moment, we are powering up the teleports to teleport you all here. Before we do that though, I'm sure you all must have some questions. So feel free to ask."

Secretly, Commander Elliot Rivers is purposely stalling cause the reactors powering the teleportation devices take a while to build up enough energy. He shines a cheesy smile, hiding how embarrassed he is that his wife has yet to update their technology.

« Last edited by KOG on Jul 3rd 2012 »
vvv credit to .Impact.

imaloony8.0 Posted: 10:59 Jul04 2012 Post ID: 3126504
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
It was Devin who piped up first, and his question was a rather odd one, "So where is the Golden Orb now?"

KOG Posted: 11:20 Jul04 2012 Post ID: 3126511
KOG
+
"That information is classified son" said Commander Elliot Rivers. "Only top status, Class-A representatives can know the location of the Golden Orb. This is the most powerful entity in the world, you know. A sphere so powerful it can turn any thought into reality. Just imagine what could happen if it was to get into the wrong hands."
"That makes sense" Xavier chimes in. "From my research, I have learned the Golden Orb is made of a special, unexplainable, shell that constantly replenishes its supply of golden liquid. An unlimited source of golden liquid means endless possibilities. That type of power can cause massive destruction if it falls into the wrong hands."
"Precisely" nods Commander Rivers. "Uhhh, well, ummm, any more questions?"

« Last edited by KOG on Jul 5th 2012 »
vvv credit to .Impact.

nightmare2 Posted: 13:00 Jul04 2012 Post ID: 3126533
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"Unlimited?"

Riku's thoughts turn to mountains of candy and ice cream as he savors the idea of unlimited golden liquid. After noticing he was drooling slightly he shook himself out of his reverie and wiped away the drool.

"So how much money we get paid?"

Craizen Posted: 13:17 Jul04 2012 Post ID: 3126537
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zane shrugged. "I think I'm good, question wise. Though I'm surprised you think that we wouldn't realize this base is a fake one, it is hidden, but not the hidden."

Unless it's a double negative , he thought to himself. He was waiting for Riku's second question to be answered.
KOG Posted: 19:07 Jul04 2012 Post ID: 3126660
KOG
+
"Yes, you all have salaries of course" answers Commander Rivers.
"What, when did we decide this?" interrupts Dr. Rivers, who is setting up the transporters in the corner.
"We'll talk about it later, sweetheart" whispers Rivers.
"And who's money do you expect their salaries to come out of?" questions Dr. Rivers. "Last I checked, we weren't a bank."

Terry was becoming heavily annoyed at the bickering between the old couple. So he decides to ask a question of his own. "What exactly will we be doing in this crusade?"

"Oh, well that's easy" Commander Rivers responds quickly, ending the argument with him wife. "Since you all are now official members of the Crusade, we will assign you as a group to your own sector. You will live in the city assigned to you and protect it from whoever seeks to bring about mayhem. You all will live in a private mansion designed to your sector and reside there until, well, you retire, haha. All teenagers and children will go to an academy for school. All adults will be assigned a job. This is an undercover organization, so we must abide within the workings of society until danger shows up."

"So in other words, we're highly-advanced, undercover city patrol" says Terry. "Sounds a bit weak, but it is better than nothing."
"Sounds fun to me" speaks Xavier, still holding his injured arm. "What do you guys think? By the way, can someone help me out here? My arm needs a cast and I'm out of Synet Fluid."

« Last edited by KOG on Jul 5th 2012 »
vvv credit to .Impact.

Craizen Posted: 20:03 Jul04 2012 Post ID: 3126681
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zane smiled, this was exactly what he needed, especially if got a low key job. Highly efficient for hiding from a vicious shark. He was with Terry on this, it seemed the couple wasn't all together on everything. It made him wary but as long as he had a check and home, he was okay with it. He walked over to Xavier, his glasses flashing as he examined the arm.

"I got you, he said as he moved Xavier's arm into a proper position and set the cast, and then a sling for extra support.

"All set to go, though you may still want to deal with medical attention.

« Last edited by Craizen on Jul 5th 2012 »
imaloony8.0 Posted: 00:03 Jul05 2012 Post ID: 3126740
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
"Blast it," Reona thought.
"Well, you really didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" Devin retorted.
"No, although I was hoping that their hubris may lead to a gap in their security. That might be the case if we actually knew where it was."
"Right, so what now? It doesn't seem like we'll be able to find it this way."
"It's probably a better lead than most. Better to sit on this position, perhaps if we play our cards right they'll allow us to their facility to help guard years down the road."
"Talk about your long term plans," Devin mused.
"Bah, time is of no matter. With me at your side you could live to be twice as old as a normal human, perhaps longer. As long as we find what I need before then, I could care less."
"So, what they said about untold destruction... you wouldn't happen to want to find the Golden Orb for that, would you?"
Devin could feel Reona give him what was almost certainly a scowl. "What I want from the Orb is of no concern to you. I've told you once; do not ask me about this again."

Devin sighed. It looked like he had a lot of time on his hands to consider this odd relationship of his.
"Alright, point us to our city. Looks like we've got a lot of work ahead of us," Devin growled. He didn't seem particularly happy about the mission he was given, although surprisingly he didn't refuse the job or raise any more questions.

nightmare2 Posted: 01:09 Jul05 2012 Post ID: 3126745
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
"You don't know where you live?"

With the fact he will be getting paid and have his nice own mansion all to himself Riku is quite satisfied plus the job didn't sound all that hard considering he knew everyone in his home and not too many were be keen on getting on his bad side. The only troubling part was the academy that he mentioned as a C class citizen such a thing was far above him and its not like he would actually attend it anyway.

"I believe he said the city we would be assigned to would be the one we currently reside in though its no wonder you didn't hear him the first time."

Talking quite obviously about the constant bickering of the married couple. Which had led him to only partially pay attention to what they said. Then again thinking back on the mansion part Riku remembered vaguely them saying something along the lines of it being modeled after their own city which significantly lowered his hopes for something nice.

« Last edited by nightmare2 on Jul 5th 2012 »

imaloony8.0 Posted: 21:34 Jul05 2012 Post ID: 3126968
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
((Hey, perhaps you should peek through my Bio? Reona is a personality that lives in Devin's mind. The entire conversation that just took place was entirely internal, i.e. not something that you could have heard. I admit it is a little vague, but I make sure to put in a few methods of keeping it separate, such as when it said "Reona thought" instead of "Reona said". As a rule of thumb, any time dialogue in my posts are italicized that means it's Reona talking internally with Devin.))

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Jul 5th 2012 »

nightmare2 Posted: 21:38 Jul05 2012 Post ID: 3126970
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
((Oh I meant KOG's two characters when I said constant bickering of the two, should have clarified that sorry.))

Displaying Page 3 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close