Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Advent of the Nexus: The Only Way Home

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Ninetailed Fox Posted: 17:12 Aug13 2012 Post ID: 3139217
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
"Wait were going to jump?!" She asks in alarm looking at him. "Climbing down is one thing jumping is another. We land in the wrong place and we're as good as dead you know that right..?" She watches Pan wondering if he just might be insane.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
penguinlord352 Posted: 18:09 Aug13 2012 Post ID: 3139242
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
"Alea iacta est. Animum debes mutare, non caelum."

Pan smiles at her with a strangely reassuring look on his face and offers her his arm.

"I'm very experienced at this, Ms. Crystal. I do know what I'm doing, so please trust me. I'm a professional. Besides, climbing down to the bottom isn't possible. This is the only way. Will you trust me?"

Pan's eyes seem to be gazing straight through Crystal, down to her very soul.
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Craizen Posted: 19:23 Aug13 2012 Post ID: 3139267
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Zada took his mark to the right.

"You honestly don't have much to lose Miss unless he fails and you survive."
Ninetailed Fox Posted: 23:34 Aug13 2012 Post ID: 3139344
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
Crystal hesitates looking from Pan to Zada. There seemed to be something about Pan that made her feel like she could trust him though Zada's comment was wrong she felt like there was a lot she could lose. Slowly she takes his other arm wondering what they would land on or in.
"I think I'm ready.."

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
penguinlord352 Posted: 23:52 Aug13 2012 Post ID: 3139353
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Pan smiles and simply takes a step forward, off the edge of the wall, pulling he other two over with him and holding onto them tightly with his arms. Despite the normally strong winds you would expect at this height, there isn't even a breeze that blows against them. The air is perfectly calm. Space itself seems to bend as they pick up speed.

"Here comes my favorite part. The wind spirals."

Suddenly, the wind picks up and their descent slows down drastically as they are carried downwards in a spiral. After about twenty minutes of spiralling downwards, they are carried through and opening in the base of the tower, bringing Old Venice into view. Pan puts his feet down on a rooftop porch, dragging Zada down off the strong and gentle breeze onto the platform before catching Crystal in his arms like she was some kind of princess.

"I'm not going to put you down unless you're calm Ms. Crystal. Are you calm?"

Ninetailed Fox Posted: 16:56 Aug16 2012 Post ID: 3139998
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
Slowly Crystal lets go of the death grip she had put on Pan's arm and opens her eyes. Somewhere during the fall she had closed them sure she was going to fall to her death. Now though she felt a little sad she had closed them. "Yeah I'm calm..."

penguinlord352 Posted: 19:04 Aug16 2012 Post ID: 3140017
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"You're certain? Okay then Ms. Crystal. I'm putting you down now."

Pan gently lowers her to her feet, holding her arms until he is sure that she will be able to stand on her own. He doesn't comment on the death grip she'd put his arm in, considering he had just done something that seems impossible.

"Now then, on we go. Occulatus is just down the street, to the left once you get down. The ladder leading down to the ground is right over there."

Pan points to an old looking wooden ladder on the far side of the platform.

"Don't mind the locals, I'll keep them off you."

Craizen Posted: 20:19 Aug16 2012 Post ID: 3140024
Craizen
A'ight
+
"I'll be fine, worry about the girl. Thank you for the trip, Pan, grateful you didn't lead us to our death." Zada said as he slid down the ladder, walking in the direction of the bar.

((short post, laptopless on phone))
penguinlord352 Posted: 09:58 Aug17 2012 Post ID: 3140126
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
(It's fine Craiz, I'm on my phone. Have been the whole week.)

"Don't pick any fights! Now then, Ms. Crystal, shall we be off too? A fun and exciting new adventure awaits us!"

Pan leads her by the wrist over to the ladder and lets go of her, trusting that she can stand on her own. He jumps down, again finding small footholds in the most impossible of places all along the wall, landing safely on the ground.

"Come along now, Ms. Crystal. To the Occulatus we go!"

nightmare2 Posted: 15:06 Aug17 2012 Post ID: 3140280
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Though it can't be seen a smile appears on Shade's face. It was quiet inside the bar but outside he could hear many voices and out of all of them he managed to pick up one peculiar voice. One owned most likely by a young man and considering what he said probably the one who owned the bar that he was sitting in. He only heard a few words, 'To the Occulatus we go!' but from those words he could deduce that this young man had others with him.

"Might want to get a few more glasses ready, sounds like you have a few more visitors Mr. Bartender."
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Ninetailed Fox Posted: 18:17 Aug17 2012 Post ID: 3140389
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
Crystal nods and follows him down jumping the last few feet off the ladder with cat like grace. "Mind telling me more about this bar your taking me to..?

penguinlord352 Posted: 19:20 Aug17 2012 Post ID: 3140409
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Well, the bartender, Tim, he's a great old guy. Really high class bartender. Been around ages. He can brew the best beer under the sun. It's a bit old and run down, but the building'll hold up for a while yet. It isn't too busy lately, but usually it's a lively place. Oh, and I own it. It's my bar. Occulatus is what I am. I mean, after jumping from that height and riding wind currents like that, you couldn't possibly still think I'm human, could you?"

Pan says all this while walking backwards with a strange confidence in his steps, cheerily tell Crystal about the bar as they get gradually closer.

The old man looks up and listens hard.

"So it seems, so it seems. Thanks young'un. And call me Tim. No need to be so formal."

Tim pulls the glasses he'd just cleaning out and puts them on the bar with a smile on his face.

Craizen Posted: 15:23 Aug18 2012 Post ID: 3140663
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zada walked in, resisting the urge to smile, which stemmed from Pan's take at life, it was almost infectious. Though for some reason, the thought of the end of the world made him smile too. The facade cracked just a little. He took a seat, content he was in the right spot.
penguinlord352 Posted: 16:01 Aug18 2012 Post ID: 3140674
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
The elderly bartender turned to Zada, intrigued by this new customer as much as he was by the first.

"Hi there. Name's Tim. I'm the bartender here. I take it you are, or were, a religious man, from your outfit. What's your name, and can I get you anything to eat or drink?"

The friendliness of the old man, even in the face of the world ending, was admirable, and somewhat impressive. If anything, it was a result of Pan though. Like Zada, Tim was influenced by the young man's outlook on life.

nightmare2 Posted: 15:20 Aug20 2012 Post ID: 3141219
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
"Tim it is then and I am gonna have to ask for a refill of this splendid beer you have got. Here for the world's end to are ya?"

Shade looks over at Zada the question being directed at him, of course. While he pushes forward his empty glass towards Tim and takes out another coins to pay for it.

"Looks like you have beaten me, your far more interesting than I, guess I'll have to try harder. Name's Shade pleasure to meet ya."
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Craizen Posted: 16:04 Aug20 2012 Post ID: 3141237
Craizen
A'ight
+
"You could say that I guess, though I'm not going to believe it until I die watching." he wasn't trying, but the statement sounded slightly ominous just due to his voice.

"My name is Zada. Zada Z'Aay. And I could due with a snack, I guess Mr. Tim. And if the beer is as splendid as I keep hearing it is, pour me up some, cold as ice."

« Last edited by Craizen on Aug 20th 2012 »
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:51 Aug20 2012 Post ID: 3141341
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Well then, Mr. Z'Aay, I'll gladly oblige you. Here, have this. It's fresh from the bakery down the street."

Tim pushes the plate with the other half of the loaf Shade ate to Zada, then puts a square ice cube in the glass he'd picked out for the former priest, filling it with his tasty brew. He does the same for Shade, sliding the two glasses down the bar to them without spilling a drop. A hard skill to master for some, but to Tim that kind of thing was second nature.

"Here you go gentlemen. I added in the ice cube since I've been told it tastes better when its as cold as possible. Don't believe that myself though. Now then, a toast! To the future; may it be bright and joyous till the end of our days!"

Ninetailed Fox Posted: 23:03 Aug26 2012 Post ID: 3143762
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
((Sorry I haven't posted just haven't felt like rping lately which I know is odd.))

"You own the bar?" She asks in surprise looking at Pan."I wasn't sure what you were but since you own this bar do you think you can arrange for something nice to drink and a bit of food? I don't have much money but I can trade this item I have for it."

penguinlord352 Posted: 23:25 Aug26 2012 Post ID: 3143789
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((It's fine, just don't stop for too long please.))

"Ol' Tim'll be giving stuff out for free, what with the end of the world coming in a week. But if you still wanna give me a gift, you can feel free to. I'm not the type to charge a pretty girl, but I do like presents."

Pan gave Crystal a mischievous smile and stopped outside the Occulatus.

"Ladies first."

Ninetailed Fox Posted: 16:36 Aug27 2012 Post ID: 3144049
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
"Thank you though I think that whole end of the world seems more like a hoax. I mean how could that even happen and who would even bother." As she walks past him she gives him her stolen goods and heads inside. As she looked around the bar she frowned noticing it seemed nearly empty.

Displaying Page 3 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close