Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Advent of the Nexus: The Only Way Home

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 8 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
penguinlord352 Posted: 15:07 Dec06 2012 Post ID: 3178450
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
((So long as you fill out a character template from the first post and I approve it. It's not that hard to pass my standards, so don't stress too much. I'll let you know if any part needs a bit of change.))

"One straight up journey, coming up. One moment please, whilst I isolate the best path for your conditions."

Pan closes his eyes for a moment and he begins to emit a faint golden glow. It fades quickly however, as the perfect path is not far off.

"This way please."

He again takes the butterfly knife out of his back pocket and uses it to cut a shape in the air. This time, however, it is a circle, not a normal door shape, and he pushes it forward and rolls it to the right, opening a path into a pitch dark room.

"This way please. We'll have to pass through the Nexus before we reach our first stop."
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Craizen Posted: 14:55 Dec09 2012 Post ID: 3180009
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Zada stepped through the circle into the black, not particularly enjoying the dark. A slight popping and crackling could be heard in the quiet, until a four foot radius ring of fire appeared a little bit above his head, lighting the way some.

"Better."
nightmare2 Posted: 11:04 Dec11 2012 Post ID: 3181130
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Stepping in after Zada, Shade chuckled a little.

"Afraid of the dark are we? Haha... Should have picked a more exciting path, such as one of the many that leads to immortality. I'm sure that would be so much fun, imagine never being able to die. Oh the bitter-sweet pain."
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 14:40 Dec11 2012 Post ID: 3181216
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Believe me, it's bittersweet as hell. I've been running this guide business for so long I don't even know where I'm from on the time stream. Anyways..."

As Pan steps in after them, the hole closes itself and the floor lights up with thin lines of gold that seem to dim and brighten in a rhythmic manner. The floor is black and leads to a raised circular platform that has a lit up ring of the odd gold floor lighting around the edge. It's unclear what is below the circular platform. In front of the trio are a set of steps. Pan climbs these and begins to open up glowing green holographic windows that are showing a large number of names in multitudes of languages. Some are places, some are people, and some are concepts.

"This is the Nexus. A place that is no where, and yet everywhere, that has always been, yet never was. The final bastion against that foolish god's plans. This is the physical location of the time-space continuum. Any questions?"

Pan casually sets his guitar down on a stand that rose from the ground after casting the empty case over the edge of the circular platform. The case just falls out of sight.

"Come along, don't be shy."

Craizen Posted: 14:56 Dec11 2012 Post ID: 3181225
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zada dispersed the fire, enjoying the ambiance of it all.

"The space-time continuum? Ever break it?" It was close to a joke, close. He climbed up after Pan, peering over the edge into the nothing of everything.
penguinlord352 Posted: 14:08 Dec12 2012 Post ID: 3181692
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Oh, once or twice. There was this really interesting set of connected worlds, one with these totally off physics and another that was the most bland I've ever seen. I wanted to watch those two again a few times, so I've made it happen."

Pan pulls up a separate holoscreen for his two customers, with the word REALITY on it.

"It got annoying after the fifth time, since nothing changed, but I still broke it a few times for a petty reason. Fixed it when I was done, of course."

Tempest_Xeno Posted: 22:26 Dec13 2012 Post ID: 3182688
Tempest_Xeno
Post Likes: 0
+
(( This is my first attempt at this. I hope this is good. ))

Name: Alexandra Patrova (puH-trOve-uh)
Height: 6' 1
Weight: 123 lbs
Race: Eladrin
Power(s): Alexandra gets her powes through Arcane energies. She has a large assortment of spells.
Weapons: She has a staff that is steel. On the top of that staff is a orange crystal that she can use as a conduit for her spells. There are small shards that hover around the crystal. These are fragments of the crystal that split off as a powerful spell was channeld through the crystal.
Skills: Alexandra is a natural at Alchemy and Enchantments. Her skill level in these areas is great, although she still has much to learn. She is adequet with a sword, although it feels foreign for her to weild one.
Personality: Alexandra is actually quite shy when she meets people for the first time. But once she gets to know someone she is a quick witted, intelligent person. She has a kind soul. On the battle feild her demenor shifts to a serious, calculateing individual.
Appearance: In the Link below!!
Life Story: Alexandra grew up in a small farming village. At the age of 8, she discovered she had a talent for the Arcane arts. But to her parents disappointment. They wanted nothing to do with magic. So they sent her away to her grandfather Nox, far far away. It was there that she began to harness her power, and become stronger. For years she faithfully trained with her grandfather. Little did she know that he was prepareing her for death. There was a reason he was helping her develope her power. For years Nox sat in despair after his wife, Bella, passed away. She was a master sorcerer with great power. So when Nox heard that his grandaughter had the gift of magic, he sprung on the opportuntiy. He help her become powerful. Powerful enough for that spell.

On the night of Alexandra's 20th birthday, he asked her to preform a spell with him. And she complied without question. He led her to the catacombs underneath a cave by Nox's house. It was there that Nox betrayed his grandaughter and tried useing Alexandras life force to refuel Bella's dead body. They clashed in a powerful battle. Eventually so much magical energy was put forth around them that it created a portal to another demension. Both were sucked into it.

Alexandra felt a chill grasp her body....and she fell unconsious flying through demension. Not knowing where she would end up.
http://s408.beta.photobucke...jpg.html
Craizen Posted: 12:40 Dec14 2012 Post ID: 3182933
Craizen
A'ight
+
"You are on mysterious and interesting man." He purposely stopped before saying Pan, not feeling like Rhyming.

He looked at the screen fixated on the word reality before he thought and spoke again.

"If this leads into something of your reality is not a reality I may just scream. But I may as well ask, What is Reality?"
penguinlord352 Posted: 14:50 Dec14 2012 Post ID: 3182993
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((Seems good Tempest. I'll bring you in, but just remember, if you want to use Nox as an enemy, he'll need to be put in where I can put him in the plot. I'm the one who knows where this is all going.))

"A game. A world. Several things. Interesting, fun, and deadly would be the best way to describe it."

An alert appeared on one of the holoscreens.

"Oh, we have a new guest coming in. This is quite rare. Hold on just a moment."

Pan cut another hole into the air beside the platform, leaving a large black circle-like opening just waiting for someone to come through after losing their way through the dimensions.

"This way, miss. It's safe here."

((That would be your prompt to join the rest of us Tempest. Welcome to the Nexus, and I hope you have fun.))

Tempest_Xeno Posted: 18:00 Dec14 2012 Post ID: 3183103
Tempest_Xeno
+
A shockwave knocked Alexandra from the inside out. She fell out of the demension whole onto the floor. She looked around nervously, from person to person. She had her staff raised, but lowered it when she relised she was outnumbered. That and the place she was in was completely foreign to her. "Wh....what...who....where...?" She looked physically shaken. Some cuts on her arms. Bruises on her side. Battle scorned.
penguinlord352 Posted: 19:02 Dec14 2012 Post ID: 3183148
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Hello, miss. It's nice to meet you. I believe you must be rather confused. Well, in short, due to some circumstances that I am unaware of, you opened a dimensional rift and I rescued you. My name is Pan. I am the Guide on these two gentlemen's journey. If you would like to join us, you are more than welcome. If not, I can send you back to wherever you came from, but I doubt that will matter. Worlds are ending, after all."

The hole closes up behind her and the gold lines on the floor brighten a bit at this fourth arrival. The circular platform the four are standing upon is more than large enough for them and ten more even. The walkway leading to the spot where the three had entered earlier, before Alexandra's arrival, seemed to dead end after several feet, something that hadn't been apparent before.

"This is the Nexus, the center of the Time Space Continuum. I'm more or less the only person who can reach this space and let others in, so if an enemy was after you or with you at the time of the rift, you needn't worry about them finding a way in here. Rest a bit and relax. We mean you no harm."

Pan seemed to glow golden due to the floor lighting, but his already gold colored eyes, hair, and shirt reflected the increased light beneath their feet. With a deep breath he turned back to the holoscreens he was flipping through, looking for the path Zada Z'Aay had requested earlier.

"Okay, well, this appears to be taking longer than I thought. How's about we all relax a bit, no?"

A snap of his fingers made a couch ringing the edge of the round platform appear in a dim burst of gold light. Pan truly did have a hold on this place, it seemed. He spun around and sat down, the holoscreens turning to face him.

"So, miss, is there anything you'd like to ask?"

Tempest_Xeno Posted: 23:09 Dec14 2012 Post ID: 3183254
Tempest_Xeno
+
Alexandra slowly sat on the couch, crossed her legs, and arms. "W, well....yes." She shifts a little in her seat. "Can someone else like you, pull my attacker out of the, demensional rift?"
penguinlord352 Posted: 23:26 Dec14 2012 Post ID: 3183258
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Omega, god of the end of all things. But, he wouldn't bother. It's likely that your attacker has ended up somewhere in the final world. I don't know when on the timestream you're from, but whatever world you originate from, I'm afraid to say that it's probably gone."

The flashy golden eyes of Pan observe the new addition curiously, searching for a reaction to this information.

Tempest_Xeno Posted: 02:09 Dec15 2012 Post ID: 3183303
Tempest_Xeno
+
Alexandra took in the information. She took a deep breath as this horrible news washed over her. She waited for the horror to overtook her...But nothing. She didnt feel any remorse for her planet. She had no family besides her parents, who she didnt care for, and her evil grandfather. Who she figured was gone for good anyway. "Good. Then i can start completely new." She stood up and stretched. Her glistening blonde hair gently flowing around her shoulders and neck. "I am the last of my kind," she smiled. ", and i like it."

« Last edited by Tempest_Xeno on Dec 15th 2012 »
penguinlord352 Posted: 20:09 Dec15 2012 Post ID: 3183811
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"That's the spirit! Say, would you like to join us? There's this saying...what was it again...the more the diary air? No, that's not it....the more the carrier? That doesn't even make as much sense as dairy air. Oh, right, the more the merrier!"

Pan looks very pleased with the reaction Alexandra is showing. His enthusiasm seems to grow with her pleased and confident outlook.

"Surely you two gentlemen wouldn't mind?"

Craizen Posted: 10:03 Dec17 2012 Post ID: 3184691
Craizen
A'ight
+
"I have no qualms at all, it seems from wherever she came, she was holding her own."

Zada said with a slight smile and bow.

"I am Zada Za'Ay. May I ask your name miss? I believe it important if you truly are the last of your kind. At least a way to preserve the memory lest something happen."

Ominous or not ominous, he was at least truthful.
Tempest_Xeno Posted: 14:40 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186277
Tempest_Xeno
+
"I am Alexandra, High Witch, and last of the Eladrin race." Her expression was a playful one. "Nice to meet you Zada Za'Ay.
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:25 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186429
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Ah, right, this rather unsociable fellow is Shade. He's a rather dark fellow in my opinion, Miss Alexandra."

Pan returns his attention to the holoscreens, looking to see if Zada's 'path' had been found yet.

"And in case I didn't say so before, it is an absolute pleasure to meet you."

The golden eyed youth suddenly began to flick holoscreens aside with a simple movement of the wrist. A smile began to grow on his face.

Tempest_Xeno Posted: 13:40 Dec29 2012 Post ID: 3190458
Tempest_Xeno
+
"You see somthing interesting?" She asked.
penguinlord352 Posted: 11:30 Dec31 2012 Post ID: 3191625
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((Just for the future, try and make your posts a bit longer. Add narration of an action, like 'She noticed he had begun smiling after looking at one of the odd floating screens and wondered what caused it' or something. If it's too short, even if it contributes to moving things along, it makes things a bit less fluid.))

"As a matter of fact, I did."

Pan got to his feet and pulled the butterfly knife out of his back pocked, flipping it open and walking down the steps on the edge of the platform down the walkway that he, Zada and Shade had arrived on earlier. He cut another circle in the air with it and rolled aside the very fabric of space-time to reveal another opening, this time leading into what appeared to be an ancient temple.

"I found Mr. Z'Aay's path."

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Dec 31st 2012 »

Displaying Page 8 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close