Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The SuperCheats Times Newsletter: August 2012

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
superbird5005 Posted: 20:31 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147248
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+

Banner by ozzo

The Revival of a Once Wonderful Piece
You know, the last time I did the newsletter, I think I only posted three newsletters, with me actually running it for two of them. I always enjoyed reading such a thing with the game reviews, the interviews, and seeing my achievements. Everyone had fun reading the newsletter when previous hosts like Vasco and Gogobananas ran this. I wanted to do the same thing, but I had unfortunately left, but now I'm back, along with this.

Now with the newsletter coming back like this, there will hopefully be much more content to be added, with the current Topic on asking a current company any questions you would like, and any other gaming content you would like to add. If you have any suggestions, feel free to simply post away.

Now without further ado, let's get going.

~Contents~
- Shawn's Interview
- Achievements
- Anniversaries
- Pokemon of the Month
- Video Game Review: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- September's Gaming Release Dates
- Special Notice
- Disclaimer

Shawn's Interview

So for this month's interview, I decided to interview someone who mainly is a team poster, but roams around the forums sometimes too. He's a little sarcastic monkey you see around, so please welcome pwnthemonkeys!

As per tradition, are you the monkeysthatpwn SuperbirdyCheats, the one who doesn't wear any clothes, and is possibly going to beat all of us in some brawl?

PTM said: Yeah sounds about right.
Don't forget to add my sex appeal.
By that I mean the one I don't have.

Yeah yeah, ego boost to you.
So you've been on the site for almost three years now, what did you think of it when you first joined?

PTM said: : I can't wait to contribute for a short time then do nothing at all for the rest of my stay. Also I can't believe how active it is. Though this place was probably my first site that I joined.

What makes you come back to the site daily?

PTM said: It's in my bookmarks and I'm too lazy to remove it from there.

Bahaha wow. Leave why don't you? :P

PTM said: It's probably one of two place that I actually post in.
I need to talk to people too and it's cheaper to do it there than find a site that charges by the hour

Alright, time for a fun question. The 6th annual SC brawl has come around once more. Other than yourself, who do you think will win it this year, while the other 62 competitors are forced to listen to Hot Problems over, and over, and over again.

PTM said:Isn't it just like a popularity contest? If so I'm guessing KnockEm and all of the mods.

Yeah, basically. But one person, those are like 20 people if you say the mods
Wait no, I'm a mod, I'll accept that answer

PTM said: Then just KnockEm

DAMN IT

PTM said:Too late you made me change my mind!

DAMN IT
What is your best moment on SC so far?

PTM said:I guess my let's plays? There's nothing else I've done there as notable.

Fair enough.
Best moment this year, whether it is done by you or anyone else?

PTM said: I guess the small increase in spam that we're getting. It means there's enough people coming to the site!
If only they were more active.

If only they weren't talking to themselves though xD
What do you do outside of SC?

PTM said: Nothing at all as of now, but I just started college and this week was my first one so that's maybe something I do.

If there was one thing about the site you could change or add, what would it be?

PTM said: Making it more active in the boards. Other than that it's pretty alright.

If you had the chance, who would be the one person you would want to meet from the site?

PTM said:No one, all of you are stranger than I am.
But steelers seems to be a pretty alright guy, so maybe him.
No wait I answered that wrong didn't I? The answer was you!

That's what I thought....
The MVP has been going on this month, who do you think the top 3 will be?

PTM said: KnockEm, Pravinj, and Warrior

{Interviewer/Editor's note: Well, he got two out of the three right, and even in their right positions]
;_____;

PTM said:Dang I answered wrong again. You should have given me a cheat sheet for this before we started

YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO ANSWER WHEN IT INVOLVES ME
Ahem, anyways
Alright, you get to be the first to answer such a thing
At the beginning of the month, we're going to attempt to get some gaming news from a company. Who do you think we should ask?

PTM said: Gabe Newell.
Valve

Valve? coughhalflife3WHEREISIT???cough

PTM said: Pfft, Yeah, pretty much.

Alright, enough about the site, let's talk about you. You don't have to answer any of the questions I'm about to ask, so just say if you don't want to answer.
What....is your name?

PTM said: My name is none of your dang business!

Sassy you are :O haha
How old are you?

PTM said: I'm 18

Where do you currently live?
PTM said: Never gonna tell you that. After all skype tells you that.

Skype gives me a lame generalized United States
None of your dang business, are you currently with someone, or are you Ridin' Solo?

PTM said: Give...ing you that information is classified, but the answer is solo.

It's ok, I am too.
Everyone makes mistakes in their life, any regrets in your life?

PTM said: You ask too many personal questions.

We would like to get to know you, but being a mystery works too.
Best moment in your life?

PTM said: Never had one.

Awwwww. THIS INTERVIEW BY ME NOW IS
Alright, I'm out of questions, but before we go, is there anything you would to say, whether it is completely random or not?

PTM said: You have to ask more questions.
Down letting those readers you are

I'll kill you

This shall be the end of the interview, I will not accept any recommendations. The winner of this year's Member Brawl will be interviewed this month, so win if you wanna be interviewed.

For all of you Grammar Nazis, all grammar mistakes by the interview-e are not my responsibility or the editor's responsibility to edit, so you will have to deal with their horrible typing.

Article by Superbird5005

Achievements

SuperCheats August 2012 Achievements

ShadowStriker64 - 8,000 forum posts

Pravinj - 3,000 forum posts, 3000 team posts, 1,500 submissions

Keyblade21 - 200,000 points

superbird5005 - 200,000 points, 1,600 submissions

Craizen - 8,000 forum posts (all accounts combined)

Sphynxx - 10,000 forum posts

Forgoten_Scars - 4,000 submissions

steelersrock01 - 13,000 forum posts

Warrior13 - 2nd most points overall

Congratulations to all this month with their achievements, we hope to see much more.

Article by Steelersrock01

Anniversaries

Is Your Account Really That Old O_O:

dx_hbk- 6 years (Aug 12)
PhilXZ's older account (August 20-something)

Elderly People Accounts:

There are none this month to make fun of, sadly.

Oblivious Baby Accounts:

PravinJ- 2 Years (Aug 17)
JOHNNYBOLT- 1 year (Aug 8)

Real Birthdays

Elderly People:

Spynxx- 23 (Aug 6)

Troll-Allowed Age:

Congrats there are no Trollers this month. Don't be worried.

Little Kids That Fall For The White Van Kid-Napping Scheme:

PravinJ- 14 (Aug 11)

Spamming Age:

Congrats There are none this month so there shouldn't be any spammers. :D

Article by KnockEmDead1996

Pokemon of the Month

Genesect

Event August11-September14
(Only available in Japenese Black and White 2)

High Special attack so it can use Zap Cannon and Hyper Beam
Spoiler:
click to reveal

See "Drives" to change the types of its move Techno Blast.

Article by JOHNNYBOLT

Video Game Review: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Hello and Welcome to the game review, so without further ado, I'll jump right in. If you just want a general summation, skip to the end :3

First off, I jumped into Brotherhood with little knowledge of the Assassinations Creed series, other than the fact they get good reviews, and you obviously assassinate
people. I choose to start with brotherhood due to it being third in line((though not the official third game)) because that's given the game creators time to improve
graphics, game-play options, battle mechanics and this A.C introduced to very important things we will get to later, multiplayer and the assassin marker system. So if
your not a stickler for always starting at the beginning, it's a good start.

Story:
You kick off the animus segments with the protagonist from A.C II, Ezio Auditore de Firenze, who at this point has attained the rank of master assassin and is in his
prime, at the ending scene of A.C II, after he has hid the apple, and the presence of his common day ancestor Desmond has been made none by the ones who came before.
Mysteriously leaving him still confused, are found by Ezio's uncle, who will proceed to guide through your basic control, and fighting tutorials, no biggie. Then you
arrive at small villa style city, your first stronghold, do worry, you won't be cooped up there long. Do a few tasks, and soon you'll end up with a beautiful woman, and
then your first major battle sequence not too long later. Getting through that, and a call of revenge later, you end up in Roma, where the bulk of the story occurs. All
in all, your main objectives lie in recovering the Apple of Eden, killing the person who murdered your uncle, and bringing up the assassins, but there are plenty of
side plots to keep you occupied in the mean time, even for hours after end game.

Controls:

Controls are pretty slick and easy to pick up. Your battle actions move quickly, and your blocks and counters work great. My only complaint is that Ezio does auto-draw his weapons, so at
times, you may need make sure you have them at the ready so as not to get a killed without a fighting chance, but this also plays into your sense of control, you
don't always have to fight, fleeing is a option, and sometimes the most satisfying as you out maneuver your opponents on the rooftops. My other only complaint is at
times the climb system isn't as responsive as you would want it to be, as not being in the perfect spot can impede your whole movement up towers and walls if your not
careful. Weapon selection works on either a slick weapon wheel that is quick and intuitive, or a quick selection where you can set up your few favorite weapon combos
for even faster change-ups on the fly. For the most part, the controls are tight and work well, with little hiccups.
8/10

Graphics:

Character models look great, and the hustle and bustle of Roma keeps you immersed in the action. Armors are detailed, and weapons are distinguishable, even if
they are lying on the ground. This is rather important, as the difference in power from your common sword to say, a captains sword, is noticeable in a tight situation,
so it pays to know what these weapons look like, and who carries what. It is also important in heavy weapon selection, because of the option to throw certain ones, you
have to go pick it back up.((This isn't really much of a hindrance, especially if you use it only as a finishing move and not mid battle, plus you don't have to throw
them :3)) Lighting works well, and the transitions from night to day can really transform a city, you'll find yourself loving more areas in the light, and vice versa.
Overall, it's a good show.
8/10

Gameplay:

All the actions work, and work when you want them. Switching from Eagle Vision to marking targets to hiring factions, you can do each without ever breaking your stride,
allowing quick maneuvers in situations that require you to stay stealthy. Guards could be a bit smarter((they gain this in later editions)) but do their job well
in respects of detection, combat, and acting like intelligent A.I. While some things may not make real world sense, remember, it is a game now. Multiplayer is clean,
and provides extra hours of entertainment as you stalk fellow players around the world to stalk test your mettle.
9/10

Sound:

Pop in that headset or turn on the surround sound, there is plenty to hear. Whether you are listening to the crowd to see who's noticed you, or rather a guard is trying
to single you out in the crowd, your ears can play an important part. It is also really useful in Multiplayer, as it uses a whispers to give you edge against attackers
hiding around you. The score and music is fantastic. While all in all, it could be a tad louder, it really depends on your set up/tv.
8/10

Overall:

Assassins Creed Brotherhood provides a great enclosed experience, while preparing you for the next games seamlessly. It has great controls, music, and multiplayer, plus
enough content to keep you occupied for a good while. Head over to your local game supplier and pick it up today, you won't be disappointed.

Overall Score 8.5/10

Article by Craizen

September's Gaming Release Dates

- FarCry 3: 09/04 (Already out)
- Fable: The Journey 09/04 (Already out)
- The Sims 3: Supernatural 09/04 (Again, already out)
- NHL 13 09/11
- Borderlands 2 09/18 (Host's note: I have this preordered, feel free to add me on Xbox Live and play with me <3333)
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 09/18 (PC)
- Torchlight 2 09/20 (PC)
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria 09/25 (PC)
- Dead or Alive 5 09/25
- FIFA 13 09/27

I hope you look forward to some of these games coming out very soon, mainly Borderlands 2 <333

Article by Superbird5005 and Google

Special Notice

Ok people, as I stated earlier, we are gonna try to get some gaming company to answer some questions for us, but none of you are jumping on this opportunity Dx. This is a gaming community, this is to get more people around to want to participate in something like this, and attract much more people to want to post in the forums also. So please, let's get this going, I want to get the site more recognition and this isn't helping, it's all I'm asking <3

Disclaimer

This review was not intended to offend anyone and elaboration was used necessarily for enjoyable reading. Any attempt to re-create/rip this review will cause Craizen and I to go after you with nothing, we'll just laugh at you for being offended and not care.

The Newsletter Staff

Superbird5005 - Host, Interviewer and Editor

Craizen - Article Writer

KnockEmDead1996 - Article Writer

Steelersrock01 - Article Writer

JOHNNYBOLT - Article Writer

Pwnthemonkeys - Interview-e

If you'd like to help, please send your application at the e-mail below. Also, regarding the Special Article, we accept the Special from ANYONE. You can just make an article you think it's pretty interesting, and send it to us. If it's good enough, it will be posted, and of course you'll get credit for it.

For the above mentioned, or for further questions, e-mail me at:

superbird5005 @ yahoo . com [remove the spaces]

« Last edited by superbird5005 on Sep 5th 2012 »
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

superbird5005 Posted: 20:34 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147250
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Sorry about the Question marks everywhere, it seems this was so much to post.

Hope you guys enjoy it. You all can write articles, whether they are serious or not, just make sure it's appropriate and something everyone should enjoy.

And also, I need an editor, I'm not doing this everytime.

ALSO, to all who wrote their articles, please put your BBcodes in your articles where appropriate, this is why it took so long to post haha <3
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

steelersrock01 Posted: 20:40 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147253
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
@pwnthemonkeys - Send me your address bby, I'll meet you whenever (;

Great job putting this together. I'll finish reading everything tomorrow.

Shawn if you want to fix the quotation marks messing up:

Disable in Office 2003
Simply go to Tools \ AutoCorrect Options \ AutoFormat and uncheck "straight quotes with smart quotes".

Disable in Office 2007

To disable in Word 2007, you'll have to click the Office Button in the upper left-hand corner.
Then choose Word Options from the bottom of that menu.
On the left-hand pane choose Proofing, and then the AutoCorrect Options button.
On the AutoFormat tab, uncheck the box for "Straight quotes with smart quotes"
Keyblade21 Posted: 21:13 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147275
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
This turned out pretty well.

Nice job Shawn and staff.

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
sphynxx Posted: 21:26 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147279
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Yay for it being posted with 7 days of the first :D

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
superbird5005 Posted: 21:33 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147283
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Yay for us <3

Maybe next time, we'll get it in four days late
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

KnockEmDead1996 Posted: 22:12 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147305
KnockEmDead1996
Post Likes: 1
+
Yay!!

Click here to join my team and be the best person ever!!

rule the world
win over hearts
show them who's boss
pwnthemonkeys Posted: 23:46 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147326
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
+
Aw, if I knew you were gonna edit out my rick roll I would have answered those questions seriously.
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
superbird5005 Posted: 23:51 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147327
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
There was a Rick roll?
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

pwnthemonkeys Posted: 23:57 Sep05 2012 Post ID: 3147328
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
+
Then why did you tell me you'll kill me?
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
sphynxx Posted: 00:47 Sep06 2012 Post ID: 3147333
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Coz he's evil.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
stormform Posted: 05:14 Sep06 2012 Post ID: 3147352
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
Nice job, and fashionably late. Keeping up with tradition is always good.

Craizen Posted: 11:07 Sep06 2012 Post ID: 3147395
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Lol, mine looks so weird cause I wrote it in note pad
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 11:07 Sep06 2012 Post ID: 3147396
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Looks pretty good.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:22 Sep06 2012 Post ID: 3147432
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Very good, Shawn.
superbird5005 Posted: 17:28 Sep07 2012 Post ID: 3147736
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Thanks guys. Glad you all are liking it again.

If you want to contribute, don't be afraid to PM me or email me. The more content, the better the newsletter is <3
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

JOHNNYBOLT Posted: 13:30 Sep09 2012 Post ID: 3148340
JOHNNYBOLT
"Yep Yep"
Post Likes: 55
+
Man mines puny. Gotta work harder. :D

~Made by Red_King on ClickCritters~
Join ClickCritters and friend JohnnyBolt!
Make sure to join Mudkipz Hangout!
And listen to some Coldplay!
Or Adele c:
Zmaster said: i wont tell.

I will always miss you Zman *sobs*
Now I will, never, forget you D:
*I cried so much while typing that*
neptis Posted: 14:12 Sep18 2012 Post ID: 3151020
neptis
retired Moderator
Post Likes: 13
+
nicly dun birdie. and. i dont care about the spelling mistakes.
Sir Bel-te Amethyst Knight of Welcomes
forum status: retired Moderator
forum: new member welcome forum (2005-2010)(corect me if i got second date wrong)
my coment: i was THE New members welcome forum mod (my opinion :P )
superbird5005 Posted: 22:22 Sep24 2012 Post ID: 3152754
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Alrighty guys, it's almost that time. How are those articles?
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

neptis Posted: 14:04 Sep25 2012 Post ID: 3152905
neptis
retired Moderator
Post Likes: 13
+
so sereusly its almost time for the next one is it dam time has gon by fast.

and remember keep up with tradishion.

i dont want a shock . and se that the newsleter is aculy on time for a change
:P

aka take all the time that is needed birdie.
Sir Bel-te Amethyst Knight of Welcomes
forum status: retired Moderator
forum: new member welcome forum (2005-2010)(corect me if i got second date wrong)
my coment: i was THE New members welcome forum mod (my opinion :P )
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 201309

Post Top
Click to close