Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Keep the story going.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 63 of 66
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | Last     Previous | Next
CrypticWizard Posted: 13:39 May19 2020 Post ID: 3450867
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
...was fine, but what was Samus doing here? "I thought you were exploring the Chozo Ruins on Zebes." said Laura.
"And how did you get here? You let us take your gunship," added Tara.
"There's a perfectly good answer to both those questions," Samus told them. "Let me explain what happened."
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 01:56 May20 2020 Post ID: 3450877
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
"There is a 20-year old male who comes from a desert island on planet Earth, and he wasn't paying much attention. So when he was supposed to open Zebes, he didn't, therefore I wasn't granted access."
Since Samus couldn't go to Zebes, she decided to accompany them to planet Earth. They would use her gunship, and it would only take 2.4 days. However, once they arrived, they would need to find somewhere to land. The town of Accrington was inbetween the cities of Blackburn and Burnley, and unfortunately they would be having their local soccer derby when they landed, meaning the streets would be filled with riots by fans of whichever team lost. So to avoid this issue, Tara decided...

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 20th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
CrypticWizard Posted: 14:05 May20 2020 Post ID: 3450884
CrypticWizard
+
...they would land in the middle of Central Park in New York. No one would care or indeed even notice. They checked the ship's local date and they had landed in the year 1980 AD (damn tachyon storms). But Samus (wearing strret clothes so as not to attract attention) saw a movie theater showing "The Empire Strikes Back" so they decided to go see it.
Matt77 Posted: 00:41 May21 2020 Post ID: 3450890
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Tara and Laura were amazed at this fabulous food they were eating (popcorn)! Popcorn didn't exist on their planet and in their time. However Laura hated the movie, so she demanded that they leave early. But Tara wouldn't have it, and decided to stay with Samus. When the movie finished and Tara & Samus walked out, they looked for Laura, but could only find...

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

CrypticWizard Posted: 22:25 May21 2020 Post ID: 3450899
CrypticWizard
+
...a bunch of discarded ticket stubs. Just then, Laura walked out of the ladies' room. "I had to go after drinking that large Coca-Cola," she explained.
Once they left the movie theater, it was getting dark. They headed back to Central Park, but the gunship was not where they had left it.
Matt77 Posted: 22:43 May21 2020 Post ID: 3450903
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Or so it seemed. Tara and Laura were panicking, but Samus obviously knew that it was merely hidden by a cloaking device. Once the coast was clear, she turned it off, and they all headed into the ship. They could now head to Accrington. But Samus remembered that they were stuck in 1980. Laura had a suggestion, which was...

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 22:53 May21 2020 Post ID: 3450907
CrypticWizard
+
...a stupid idea, so stupid that it won't be mentioned here. Samus' gunship didn't have the ability to travel time, but she had heard of someone named Sara Lance who did possess a ship capable of doing so. The tricky part would be convincing her and the other Legends of Tomorrow to help them get their ship back to its proper time.
Matt77 Posted: 22:59 May21 2020 Post ID: 3450910
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
But then Samus realised that Laura's idea would be perfect for this scenario. Initially she suggested that they ask the general public and government agencies for help. Which was obviously a stupid idea. But Samus knew that Sara doesn't like people messing with time. She would be forced to help them all, simply to stop them from causing trouble. So when Samus called Sara,...

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:31 May22 2020 Post ID: 3450928
CrypticWizard
+
...she got a recording saying her call could not be completed as dialed. That probably meant that the Legends weren't currently in 1980. Tara suggested they steer into another tachyon storm. But that was a risky idea, since there was no way to predict which way through time they would go, or how far.
Matt77 Posted: 22:58 May22 2020 Post ID: 3450934
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Laura suggested that in case they go to a horrible time, they better enjoy the year 1980 while they can. She suggested going to see another movie. The choice would be between Friday the 13th, The Blues Brothers, and Superman 2. But then she remembered that they had no more of Earth's currency. When they saw the Star Wars movie they stole it from a junkie. But Tara thought of a way to get the money, which was...

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 22nd 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:18 May23 2020 Post ID: 3450940
CrypticWizard
+
...to get jobs. But Samus' only talent was as a bounty hunter, a skill not in high demand. Laura didn't really know how to do much of anything. But Tara had a special skill that would get him a very high paying job.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on May 23rd 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 23:03 May24 2020 Post ID: 3450971
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
He remembered that when he tried to commit suicide after the team he followed drafted a punter with the #1 pick, he didn't even have a scratch despite falling 20 stories. He believed that this meant he was somehow immortal! As a result he could perform all sorts of dangerous jobs that the average human would hesitate to do. After considering, he eventually decided on a job. He would be a...

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:37 May25 2020 Post ID: 3450981
CrypticWizard
+
...movie stuntman. They get paid pretty well. Soon they had some money. Laura had gotten a job working at McDonald's because they'll hire anybody. As for Samus, she was working as a night security guard, and an incident happened one night at her job.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on May 25th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 01:11 May26 2020 Post ID: 3450993
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
One of her colleagues tried to come onto her. This was inappropriate, firstly because they needed to be doing their job of actually guarding, and because Samus was not a lesbian. This would be an issue, so Samus told her to move to the Netherlands and wait 23 years. When Samus got back to the apartment they all shared, she told Taylor (Tara had to use a different name so that it wouldn't raise suspicion) and Laura what happened. After laughing, they worked out that after 2 months of working, they had a large amount of money, which amounted to...

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:59 May26 2020 Post ID: 3451015
CrypticWizard
+
$42,000 which was just enough to buy the parts they needed to make a time-traveling device for Samus' gunship. Earth could have built time machines decades ago, but nobody had discovered or developed the technology yet (but Japan was working on it). Then they had to work out exactly to what time period they needed to go.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on May 26th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 03:22 May27 2020 Post ID: 3451017
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Accrington were promoted to the 3rd tier in May of 2018, so we should start there first", Laura suggested. "If nothing is there, we'll try March of 2020 when they played their last match before the coronavirus appeared and caused the club to fold the following year. Otherwise, we'll go back to 2070".
Tara (who could now use his proper name) and Samus agreed. But after building the device and inputting the first date, Samus noticed an issue, that...

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:12 May27 2020 Post ID: 3451024
CrypticWizard
+
...Taylor couldn't change his name back to Tara, for some complicated reason that would take too long to explain. Since Tara sounded like a girl's name anyway, he decided to keep the name Taylor because that could be either. So after that was settled, they activated the time device and headed off to 2018.
Matt77 Posted: 12:07 May27 2020 Post ID: 3451032
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Thankfully they also landed in Accrington too. In fact, the stadium was only a few hundred metres away. They could all hear annoying singing coming from the stadium.
Since there was still 30 minutes left in the game, it meant that Taylor, Laura & Samus could head into the change rooms and look through the Accrington players' belongings. They needed to see if there was a player named Keith. The only problem was that they accidentally went into the away rooms, and a player had recently been sent off. Both parties frightened each other, but then the player; completely naked, began staring at Samus.

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 27th 2020 »

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 18:46 May27 2020 Post ID: 3451036
CrypticWizard
+
...who had put her power suit back on. "Wow, that's a great Samus Aran costume," said Eric (the player). "Metroid was a great classic game." He looked at Laura and Taylor, who were in regular 2018 clothing. "Who are you guys?" he asked. But before they had a chance to answer, another player popped his head in and told Eric the coach wanted him.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on May 27th 2020 »
Matt77 Posted: 03:05 May28 2020 Post ID: 3451050
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Eric left, but soon returned. He still had no clothes on. Taylor was getting twitchy.
"Is there a 'Keith' on the Accrington team?", Laura asked.
"No, but Keith Harrogate is one of their assistant coaches. Why do you need his help?", he asked.
"No reason", Laura responded.
She and Samus left, but Taylor stayed back. He needed to ask Eric something.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 63 of 66
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close