Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Space

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

nightmare2 Posted: 13:38 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157076
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Ya know one of the hardest things for me to wrap my mind around is space, outer space. I find it so hard to believe space to be unending, infinite. That some how it just keeps on going forever and ever, millions upon billions upon trillions of planets, moons, stars, solar system, and galaxies.

But what I find even harder to believe than that is that space DOES end, that all off a sudden there is a drop-off, wall or barrier and space ends. Nothing there. That everything is just stuck inside one giant orb and there is nothingness outside it. Like outside our little ball of space doesn't exist, not there.

You get what I am saying here?
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 13:41 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157078
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Now do time.
nightmare2 Posted: 13:43 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157080
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Lol their both just as hard but I guess they do both deserve their own topic

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
stormform Posted: 14:31 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157117
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
It can be a hard thing to grasp but I have no need to ponder on it so I just choose not to.

steelersrock01 Posted: 16:39 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157229
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
The concept of endless space is really interesting to me. I've always enjoyed reading about space. It's kind of crazy when you think about how inconsequential we really are compared to the universe, or even just our solar system.
Pravinj Posted: 10:08 Oct08 2012 Post ID: 3157694
Pravinj
^Oh look! my username...
Post Likes: 60
+
Yeah, if we all suddenly vanishes (we as in humans) it's amazing to think of how little it would matter.

To put a funny twist to it: A man is small compared to an elephant, an elephant is small compared to a town. A town is mall compared to a city. A city is small compared to a country, a country is small compared to the earth. The Earth is tiny compared to it's solar system. That solar system is small compared to a cluster of solar systems. A cluster of solar systems is small compared to a galaxy. A galaxy is small compared to a cluster of galaxies. A cluster of galaxies is small compared to a universe. Really makes you feel not guilty about eating a box of doughnuts eh?

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Email: [email protected]
~Avy and Sig by me~
sphynxx Posted: 00:02 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158168
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
I like pie.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
stormform Posted: 01:38 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158203
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
42 'nuff said

sphynxx Posted: 02:14 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158211
sphynxx
+
42 pies.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

superbird5005 Posted: 06:18 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158271
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
Two camels in a tiny car with 42 pies

« Last edited by superbird5005 on Oct 9th 2012 »
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

sphynxx Posted: 14:01 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158432
sphynxx
+
Now your just being rediculous Speak to the hand

superbird5005 Posted: 15:37 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158490
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
Im 4 realz
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

nightmare2 Posted: 19:45 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158605
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Feel bad for that poor car.

Prav said:To put a funny twist to it: A man is small compared to an elephant, an elephant is small compared to a town. A town is mall compared to a city. A city is small compared to a country, a country is small compared to the earth. The Earth is tiny compared to it's solar system. That solar system is small compared to a cluster of solar systems. A cluster of solar systems is small compared to a galaxy. A galaxy is small compared to a cluster of galaxies. A cluster of galaxies is small compared to a universe. Really makes you feel not guilty about eating a box of doughnuts eh?

I read somewhere, not sure where possibly in school or online, that scientists finally managed to look inside an atom. I would assume by looking inside they meant the neutrons or protons in the nucleus but what they saw looked EXACTLY like outer space. Thousands of tiny specks of light. They weren't really able to make it much bigger but the theories came up with were rather interesting.
Inside every atom is another universe, meaning out universe's end or barrier that signifies the 'end' of space could actually just be the nucleus/proton/neutron of an atom.
Kinda odd? Makes you wonder if atom smashing is really such a good idea. I'll try to find the article and post it for ya guys.

« Last edited by nightmare2 on Oct 9th 2012 »

dx_hbk Posted: 12:44 Oct18 2012 Post ID: 3162683
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
nightmare2 said:Feel bad for that poor car.

Prav said:To put a funny twist to it: A man is small compared to an elephant, an elephant is small compared to a town. A town is mall compared to a city. A city is small compared to a country, a country is small compared to the earth. The Earth is tiny compared to it's solar system. That solar system is small compared to a cluster of solar systems. A cluster of solar systems is small compared to a galaxy. A galaxy is small compared to a cluster of galaxies. A cluster of galaxies is small compared to a universe. Really makes you feel not guilty about eating a box of doughnuts eh?

I read somewhere, not sure where possibly in school or online, that scientists finally managed to look inside an atom. I would assume by looking inside they meant the neutrons or protons in the nucleus but what they saw looked EXACTLY like outer space. Thousands of tiny specks of light. They weren't really able to make it much bigger but the theories came up with were rather interesting.
Inside every atom is another universe, meaning out universe's end or barrier that signifies the 'end' of space could actually just be the nucleus/proton/neutron of an atom.
Kinda odd? Makes you wonder if atom smashing is really such a good idea. I'll try to find the article and post it for ya guys.

I think you probably read something and misunderstood what it meant. The phrase "inside an atom is an other universe" is often used by physicists to describe the world of the very small and the rule and laws of Quantum Mechanics. Proton and Neutron are made up of tiny particles called quarks. There are 6 kind of quarks namely, Up, Down , Top , Bottom, Charm and strange. Protons and neutrons are both made up of different combinations of up and down quarks, which follow the rules of QM and they are very different to the ones you encounter in the macroscopic world.

Having said that, space is interesting to study and in particular empty space, which is essentially a vacuum. But it turns out that empty space isn't really empty and you can never really have a perfect vacuum.

Physics is very interesting Smile.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close