Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Grand Adventure.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Goemon Posted: 22:11 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186021
Goemon
Post Likes: 0
+
// Come on in, Guy. Also: BOSS BATTLE, START. //

"F*ck it."

Xavier's fight or flight instincts kicked in, opting (some might consider foolishly) with the fight option. He grit his teeth and fastened the grip on his sword. There was no bright idea to have, at least in Xavier's mind. It was either die fighting or die running.

Xavier let out a yell of fury and shot forward once more, past the others who had joined him in this fight. He ran straight toward the leader standing in front of the giant beast, leapt in the air, used the leader's newly-reattached head as a kickstand, and soared through the air, eyes ablaze with bloodlusting rage. He readied his sword to pierce straight through this giant monster's armor, but right as he closed in, the gaping mouth in the beast's helm opened. There was a terrible, thunderous bellow that pierced the forest and downed near trees, and it blasted Xavier back hard to the ground with a sickening thud, rolling him back at least twenty yards where he lay motionless.

"Euthanasia," the leader spoke, the only thing that seemed unaffected by the monster's bellow, "is the only way to deal with animals who go astray."

"A TRUE MAN NEVER DIES, EVEN WHEN HE'S KILLED!"
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Balthair Posted: 22:18 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186024
Balthair
+
Keeping his eye on the massive beast, Isingr makes his way over to where Xavier lays on the ground motionless.

"Are you alright?"

Hoping for a reply, he lowers his right hand and takes a knelt, yet ready to counter stance and begins mumbling a healing spell he learned as a child.

Credit goes to Yogi_Bear for the sig.
Guy117 Posted: 22:24 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186027
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
*Nearby, Graidus, of the legendary Animi, was traversing the Bomshire Forest and noticed the sounds of battle in the distance.*

I should go take a look...

*Graidus found the battle but did not jump in right away. He watched from a distance instead. He did not recognize any of these people and had no idea why they were fighting but he planned to find out.*

Hey! he exclaimed in a firm and somewhat deep voice.
*He stepped in between the leader and the others. He was completely unfazed by the large creature the leader had summoned.*
Does someone mind explaining what is going on here?

« Last edited by Guy117 on Dec 19th 2012 »
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:39 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186031
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
Kira ignored the new arrival in favor of her illusion spell's incantation. She had just reached the second verse. It wasn't a particularly high level spell, but applying it to this many people made it much longer of an incantation.

Only one more verse to go...

Kira wished she could go check on Xavier already, but until the spell was finished she didn't dare move an inch. Her memory was bad enough as it was, risking the loss of all that time and having to start over was not something Kira felt they had the time for.
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Craizen Posted: 00:26 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186058
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Marcus ignored him too, if this guy was as such as big shot as he was acting, he would do something and ask later. Meanwhile, he was just in the way.

"How about getting out of the way or helping first, hmm?" he spouted as zipped by, his eyes and sword aglow with crackling psychic energy. A few feet away, he swung his sword in two quick motions, the first swing releasing a a sharp dual wave of energy,((picture say a sound wave rippling along the ground)), the second the same, but at a wider arc traveling around the leader. The two blast ripped the ground neatly where they traveled, a testament to their sharpness. The first set went to make contact with the leader and dismember him at both shoulders, the second set sweeping and hitting at the ankles of the construct. He was hoping to cause the construct to topple onto the leader, making their jobs much easier. He had spoke as he was attacking.

"Your one to talk about being an animal, whatever you traded for this power, whoever gave it to you, you don't deserve it!"

He tucked and rolled out of a second howling blast of the construct, it ripping up the ground where he had previously been. It was much too close.
Goemon Posted: 01:05 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186071
Goemon
+
Both of the attacks sent by Marcus were successful to an extent, but the leader and his construct were obviously prepared. A few more seconds of purple aura lifted the leader's arms back to his torso, and what was worse, the armored beast was completely unphased by the attack sent towards it.

Meanwhile, Xavier had been healed by Isingr enough to shakily get to his feet. Blood on his face matted his hair and caused it to stick together. His eyes, while still fiery, were already showing that he was battered and tired. Still, he held his sword in front of him with both hands, his heavy breath causing it to gently sway up and down.

"You're... you're gonna wish you weren't wearing that armor." Xavier clenched his fists around the hilt of his blade, but made no movement. A spark skipped from the hilt to the end of the blade. A moment later, another. Soon, golden sparks were whirling all around his blade, causing a buzzing sound to radiate around the area.

When the sword was almost completely covered in these electrical threads, Xavier slashed his sword through the air, and a bolt of lightning struck the leader. After a blinding light, debris settled around where the leader stood. His armor had been dissipated, and what stood in its place was even more mind-boggling than before. The figure stood like a man, but had no clothes or discernible features-- it had a body that was dark brown with a rough texture, as if made of clay. Its face was flat, with no eyes, mouth, nose or ears. When it spoke, no mouth moved; it was as if its thoughts were brought directly into existence somehow.

"Your magic is nothing, Lycan. You should have stayed down. No more wasted time." The figure put its hand forward, and that's when Xavier saw it. Nestled in the being's palm was a circular orb, mint green in color. A purple aura radiated from it, and the beast behind the figure began to roar in rage, so loud that even the clouds in the sky began to scatter away. The beast took a step forward, which caused more tremors. It stood in front of its master and opened its mouth, but this time, it wasn't for a yell. When its jaws were fully extended, a ball of purple energy started to swell-- the beast was preparing to disintegrate them with a beam attack.

Xavier dropped his sword, grabbed his bow and an arrow... or half of one. During the fall, all of his arrows had been broken, except for one. Shakily, his arm readied it in the bow and he sent the arrow sailing toward the green jewel. It hit precisely, but much to Xavier's dismay, it simply ricocheted off, not harming the jewel at all. Xavier collapsed to his knees, cursing fate that this was going to be how it ended.

The beast continued charging its attack, and was merely moments away from blasting everything within a hundred yard radius to oblivion. The sound of the energy accumulating was now so loud that almost nothing else could be heard.

Suddenly, Xavier's head snapped up.

"Get that jewel out of his hand! You can't break it, so get it out!"

"FOOLISH INSECTS. YOUR TIME HAS RUN OUT!"

penguinlord352 Posted: 06:10 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186135
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Oh Spirits of the Forest, Guide Us!"

Suddenly everything slowed and duplicates made of leaves took everyone's places. The actual people became invisible at the same time too. Kira shot forward, a spark of electricity running down her spine and into the muscles of her right hand. In the instant she got clos, she launched a solid barrage of punches at the ore.

"Break!"

Balthair Posted: 07:06 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186154
Balthair
+
Seeing the leaf figures surrounding them, Isingr began to wonder what was going on. He saw Kira shoot forward to the leader and begin punching his hand. Yet the figure didnt even try to move as she ran up, which he found odd. He ran up as well, taking notice that the man still didn't move.

"Here, let's try this!"

At the end of his sentence, Isingr silced off the man's hand and held the palm out to Kira.

"Try to get it out!"

Credit goes to Yogi_Bear for the sig.
Craizen Posted: 09:41 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186187
Craizen
A'ight
+
"Oh crap!"

It had taken him a second, but whatever Kira had done had masked their presence. But cutting of the hand would lead the bull right to them...He took a two step jaunt and rapidly swung his sword again, keeping his distance to be able to watch the giant also. He swung the his sword in an x-fashion, blasting off the shape of slicing energy at the army leader and followed it with more at a straight angle, the first set hitting and intending to slice, into multiple chunks, the last hit designed to slice anything left like the head in two. He just wanted to buy time, if Kira or Isingr were still holding that hand it could drag them straight into the arms of the leader, definitely sealing their deaths. He slammed his sword into the ground and dual focused, the most draining thing he could possibly do in a battle.

"Might as well go out swinging!"

He held out both hands and briefly closed his eyes before snapping them open, the blue of them intensified as his energy flowed down his hands. He knew he couldn't stop it but what else? He wasn't running at this point. His left hand aimed at the sliced palm, he began arcing energy around to separate it from the material of the body, which he was suspected was created by someone much worse at this point, and give Kira a much cleaner target to barrage, his second palm released and began to form a wall of energy, if anything to give them a moment of time before the blast fully it, but at best he wasn't going to be able to hold it this long, he was good, but this was draining at any level.

"Hurry Kira!"

His breath quickened as he stared into the gaping maw of the construct, about to unleash hell onto the land.
penguinlord352 Posted: 14:07 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186268
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Thank you!"

Kira put all her strength behind her fists, slamming them into the jewel with all her might. The metal gauntlets on her hands began to glow brightly and her attacks got faster. She had infused tiny bits of lightning magic into the two metal gauntlets and built it up during the initial barrage for one of her finisher moves.

"Break!"

Her gauntlets crackled with lightning and she clasped her hands together above her head, bringing the combined force of the two down in a single, fluid movement with every ounce of her strength behind it, augmented slightly by the electricity running through her arms and stored in the gauntlets.

Guy117 Posted: 14:28 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186273
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
*Graidus realized the severity of the situation he was in and knew it was time to take action. He reached his left hand out towards the jewel and surrounded it in a gravitational field. He then began to close his hand which caused the field to begin to implode, slowly crushing the jewel with tremendous force. He then stood next to Marcus and reinforced his wall of energy with a gravitational field which might be able to deflect most of the creature's attack*

I guess I will get out of the way and help if you don't mind...
Goemon Posted: 15:51 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186315
Goemon
+
The onslaught from each member on the jewel itself seemed like it wasn't going to work. But, somehow, the combined force of each attack pushed the orb farther back through the leader's palm. The giant reared his head back-- the attack was ready, and they had only seconds left to live. Finally, the last push by Graidus was the straw to break the camel's back. The orb was blasted out of the leader's palm, flying high in the air right as the giant beast shot his beam. Less than a second before it made contact with the ground, the leader and the giant simply blinked out of existence.

A moment later, the orb came flying down from the sky, and beaned Xavier right in the head. He fell forward to his face, letting out a few curse words, before he realized what had happened and managed to burst out laughing with his face planted in the dirt.

penguinlord352 Posted: 16:10 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186323
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Kira ran over to him once he started laughing.

"Are you...okay?"

She doesn't seem to know how to act given the situation. Kira's tail swishes back and forth a bit as the laughter appears contagious. She giggled a bit at the sight of the Lycan laughing into the dirt.

"Here, let me help you up."

Kira held a hand out-the lightning in the gauntlets had discharged into the jewel during her last attack-and leaned forward a bit for Xavier to grasp the metal-clad hand.

Goemon Posted: 16:15 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186324
Goemon
+
Xavier was able to get himself back to his knees, although he looked like a bloody mess. He looked up at Kira's outstretched hand for a second, as if formulating what to do. Finally, he let out a final little chuckle and grabbed it, getting warily to his feet and sheathing his sword.

"Thought this was the last day I'd ever get to relax for a bit there."

He looked down to the ground, where the green jewel lay. With a wince of pain he knelt down and picked it up, before returning to his feet and looking at it quizzically.

penguinlord352 Posted: 16:19 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186327
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Kira became conscious of her blood-soaked state after seeing the state Xavier was in. Her curiosity about the jewel overrode her self-consciousness instantly though and her eyes sparkled again, like that gruesome fight hadn't just happened.

"It's so...odd smelling. That rock, I mean. It smells so different from the other rocks here."

The inquisitive fox girl's tail is moving back and forth very quickly now and her ears are pointing skyward with excitement.

Goemon Posted: 16:23 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186328
Goemon
+
"Obviously. Try to put a regular 'rock' in your hand and summon an invincible army."

Xavier took another moment to look at it, before putting it into his pocket. He let out a little sigh of relief as he looked around and saw the devastation that had occurred around them.

"One thing is for sure: those weren't the King's soldiers. Whoever 'his royal majesty' is, I don't think we're going to like him too much."

Something wasn't right at all, and Xavier's mind wandered to Constant. Had something happened?

Craizen Posted: 16:57 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186345
Craizen
A'ight
+
Marcus had sat down on the ground after he watched their foes vansish, taken in deep breaths to relax his body. He glanced over at Xavier and Kira, liking that Xavier was at least back on his feet.

"Just don't pick a fight with them again, at least not now. And if those aren't the King's men, I fear someone is after the throne, which isn't new you could say. Though with enemies like that, some things could change."
Goemon Posted: 17:03 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186346
Goemon
+
"Well, I'll be damned if I let idiots like that take power. I'm not one for politics, but King Yarl has protected this forest, and so did his predecessors from what I've heard. I'm going in to town and fixing this right no--"

Xavier took a step forward, but was jolted with pain and let out a little shout. This seemed to make him mad, so he unsheathed his sword and used it as a walking stick. He started limping away from the group, walking away from them just as he did before, but obviously not as quickly.

Craizen Posted: 17:09 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186348
Craizen
A'ight
+
Marcus chuckled at the lycan.

"You could at least let us guide you in town. You get hit with a band of robbers your not going to fair well. Just be happy I decided not to punch you in the face for getting me into something like this."

He himself was back on his feet, he didn't have anywhere but the city anyways so that's where went, at a distance at least.

« Last edited by Craizen on Dec 20th 2012 »
Goemon Posted: 17:18 Dec20 2012 Post ID: 3186349
Goemon
+
"Excuse me, Mr. Knight in Shining armor. I never asked for you to poke your nose in this. Blame destiny, not me." The edge on Xavier's voice was dulled a bit with his labored breathing, but he still kept his defiant nature in spite of the fact that a toddler could walk faster than he currently could.

"I don't need help. Now that I know how to take those things out, I can do it myself. So you can go back to wherever you came from and not worry about it anymore."

Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close