Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Looking for Forum Staff

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Volke Posted: 16:11 Mar27 2013 Post ID: 3228895
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Yeah, with the name thing, I just thought 'The Video Game Network' would be a catchy name, and sound very modern, but I understand that you don't want to change the name. Maybe still merge with Gaming Update though. It would bring more to this site.

Glad you like the suggestions though. (Well, the other ones anyway Smile )

« Last edited by Volke on Mar 27th 2013 »
Volke Posted: 16:25 Mar27 2013 Post ID: 3228905
Volke
Executioner
+
Oh, one last thing.

If you want to improve the activity in the General Boards, remove most of the subject-specific forums. I'm talking about Music, Technology etc. Nobody's going to come here to talk all day about such topics. General Boards would be better off as just General Chat, FF&RP, S&P, Forum Games, and the new incarnation of Teams if this is where it will fit in.
balthiersbit Posted: 16:37 Mar27 2013 Post ID: 3228910
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
This place needs to become more tolerant of members and new users but it also needs a level of control. Whoever you promote just make sure that they arent ego maniacs and dont take the rules to another level and beyond.

I went because I just couldnt work with the staff as it was, it was a huge shame but it saddened me how it had declined. Its also a shame that the site has to depend so highly on Pokemon when there are other sites that have a more diverse set of gamers. What they do differently I dont know. If Pokemon is going to be the saviour of the site though, so be it.

I do agree that the separation of the Teams and Forums was a negative thing and only caused a deeper divide between members. I have listened to a few members here that have left due to the attitude within the Teams environment and it seems that a set of Teams Mods that do not have to answer to one specific Admin or Smod would be better. (As it was before)

Rich, you need to be more involved hun you really do. You left this side of the site in the hands of people that really could have done with you guidance and a firm hand.

I really dont know what to suggest but good luck to all xx

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Volke Posted: 16:57 Mar27 2013 Post ID: 3228920
Volke
Executioner
+
^Most of those sites you mention are series-specific.

Yes there are lots of gamers who play Fire Emblem, but if I want to talk to them I'll go to Serenes Forest. This place needs to appeal to the most popular.
Keyblade21 Posted: 01:53 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229068
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
Saw this subject, thought I might as well post :3

I agree with what Volke is saying. If we had a more general chat area we'd get more posts. Honestly I don't know what's happened. Activity has gone down a lot. With places like facebook, ign, etc. people just don't come here for game answers anymore. I could do some personal advertising, try to get some of my friends to join, hopefully get them to become regular members.

I'd also like to apply for a Mod position. About the only place I'd be interested in would be teams. I've been slow on activity recently but I can get back up in no time. I have 20k posts there so it's not like i'm new. I've been on this site for 5 years now, and it really has been my favorite place to come. The people here have been great and I can't think of a friendlier and more welcoming community. I would love to help out more, and if that means getting promoted to Mod than i'm all for it. If it means continuing to be a loyal member than that works too. I just hope we can get this place back like it was in it's hay day. Not my best app, but it should do. :3

« Last edited by Keyblade21 on Mar 28th 2013 »

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
Team SuperCheats Posted: 03:48 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229091
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
keyblade - you've got it (teams) - unless I just decide to make all the mods supermods.

I just need to get teams put back into the forums.

Will reorganise general chat along the lines suggested.

I will redo the rules.

For game answers people mostly hit the other side of the website, you know we have literally hundreds of thousands of questions (280k+) and answers (500k+), so we've created some overlap, but there is a lot of user interaction over in that section especially via comments.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
littlesquadrpm Posted: 05:43 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229118
littlesquadrpm
Post Likes: 0
+
Ah good old SC..Oh how i missed it here. As you can tell i am one of them old members here :P haha but in all honesty i agree with Cross Stinger for the most part. SC needs something "new" and exciting. I remember when teams first came out and how active i got just because of it. Man were those the days. Really glad to see this site still alive. Last time i was here it was a ghost town. Keep up the good work SC! and kudos to you Rich!

"Never underestimate the power of the scouts code "
Team SuperCheats Posted: 06:04 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229120
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Wow - You've been a member a long time - But, yeah we'll be working on it over April, we'll be implementing achievements and ranks, hopefully getting a new facelift, changing rules, merging forums re-integrating teams into the forums, integrating the forums into the site a bit better and anything else we all can think of!

Give us a month and you should see a big difference.
littlesquadrpm Posted: 06:08 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229121
littlesquadrpm
Post Likes: 0
+
Wow that is really great news. Hopefully these great new changes get peoples attention and attract new people Smile Good luck to you again. Btw you got me as an active member now!

Edit: To get a bit back on topic is there a position on the site where you can monitor questions and the answers to questions? If so i would be really interested in that. If not no worries.

« Last edited by littlesquadrpm on Mar 28th 2013 »

"Never underestimate the power of the scouts code "
Team SuperCheats Posted: 08:17 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229152
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
That's good to hear!

As for the position, at the moment no, but all visitors are invited to answer questions, just there is no moderation system for the answers that get accepted as yet. Maybe it's something we could think about at some point if others are also interested in that and we would work out how exactly that would work - it is a good idea actually as we get a lot of crap answers - we delete a ton before they even get published, but some incorrect answers also get added too.
Matt77 Posted: 09:34 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229164
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Yeah, I also agree with Cross Stinger and also Volke. I know I haven't been on the site for very long but I just though I should post my opinion. I like how the forum games and general chat are on the home page of the forums now. Maybe now more people will post in the forum games now. At the moment, it's mainly been me and CrypticWizard posting there. It would be great to have loads more people posting there. I definitely agree with Volke about the guests having a max of 5 posts. The number of posts with just smiley faces, is overwhelming! I think something should be done about that.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Team SuperCheats Posted: 10:07 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229170
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Thanks for the feedback, it's all on the to be done pile, we'll have everything wrapped up by the end of April at the latest. Please bear with us!

The General Boards category will be gone and old posts probably merged into General Chat.
CrypticWizard Posted: 12:55 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229192
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
If a Moderator position is still available, I would like to be considered for it.

I feel that I am qualified because of the following:

I am a legal adult.
I visit the site and post daily.
I have been a member for over two years.
I am a pro member.
I have made valuable submissions.
I have never been in any trouble from Moderator or Administators.

Also, I would like to be a Moderator for the Forum Games since that is the area I visit the most.
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 12:57 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229193
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Yep you'd be perfect, we'd definately like to have you onboard too.

I'm going to go through everything and decide soon on the new line-up.
Craizen Posted: 16:36 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229229
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Maybe I will make it to six years here after all. Question and Answers could use some morr cleaning crew.through it, some of the repeats are unneeded comments, ugh
Axionas Posted: 19:14 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229254
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
Saw this thread on Facebook. I thought I might as well say something. If you're really serious, then take this for what it's worth.

I used to love this place. It was so much fun at first. I met a lot of good friends in Teams back in 2010, and I'm still friends with them. But this place got worse as time went on. Not because of activity, but because of what went on here.

There was always tension, there were too many groups fighting, nothing ever changed, it seemed like the site owner didn't care, and like qwert said on Facebook, the owner had a horrid tendency to get rid of those that care most for the place. qwert, tbug, Derek, Liz, and so many others.

All of us in Teams got tired of this and left a year ago. We went to forumotion and it was so much better than SC. It wasn't as active, but there wasn't any fighting, and the owner of the forum cared. We were lucky Derek made PrimeLeap and got us away from forumotion just a few months ago.

Even though we have no plans of returning, we still want to see this place do well. We wish you the best of luck, and hope you take better care of the next community - Treat them like they're more than just a few extra cents in your wallet.
qwertyuio Posted: 22:23 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229291
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Axionas is right in saying good wishes for this place are hard to kick, especially after having an 8 year old account. Dx

Against all odds progress is (finally) being made though, and I say good job Rich. Weed out the staff rent-a-cops with my old personality (boy was I ridiculous for quite a while...), listen to the people that have stuck around, and make evolution continues for both the forums and main site. (As difficult as I'm sure that is, everything dies when it goes stagnant.) I don't see why that can't still be a recipe for success.

Good luck, and I never did clear my conscience of that horrid last email I sent you so my apologies. D: I hold that the demotion of people that care for this place is stupid at any time, but my reply was reply was still ridiculous. ^^;
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Team SuperCheats Posted: 02:41 Mar29 2013 Post ID: 3229337
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Axionas said:...qwert, tbug, Derek, Liz, and so many others.

I didn't get rid of anyone they left... A couple made fools of themselves and got demoted, others lost interest in the site and were demoted...

There will always be factions and fighting in big forums, there are too many egos and people wanting to get to the top of the tree... eg Derek, qwert, tbug... Too many people that let power get to their head when in control of a large forum.

Axionas said:Even though we have no plans of returning, we still want to see this place do well. We wish you the best of luck, and hope you take better care of the next community - Treat them like they're more than just a few extra cents in your wallet.

We... You speak for everyone then right? You've had a meeting I guess and all said, we're not going back there...rofl. I never treated a community like they are an extra few cents in my wallet and resent that statement, being in control of a large site can be taxing and there just wasn't the time or inclination to get involved in the forum sometime, remember I've been running SuperCheats since 1999.

Anyway, hopefully the next batch of staff will not go down that road and help me to make SuperCheats forums a more welcoming place.

Closed :: New Staff Picked: http://forums.supercheats.c...c=132835

« Last edited by Team SuperCheats on Mar 29th 2013 »
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 8

Post Top
Click to close