Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Just popping in

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
v-gamer Posted: 14:55 Feb17 2014 Post ID: 3305561
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
superblobby said:I created PXE because it was a more relaxed place with morons excluded. Such a laugh, brilliant times. There was no 'war' as I remember, just people who tell it like it is.

PXE was the nuts.

Yeah, I remember this. It was definitely more laid-down in terms of atmosphere. You could pretty much do what you wanted. Along the way, some people thought it got a bit out of hand (myself being one of those people). But yeah, the site had actually been kicking since 2008.

It was re-made in 2010 on ZB when we realized that the cost of money was not worth it to just create a community where we can all hang out. I believe it was Benji who paid to have a one year's subscription for our own URL that was easier to type, but again, the condition of paying for the site kinda died down.

It remains to be what it always has been, just less active. But people still visit, as obviously they tend to do (on and off) on here.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
superblobby Posted: 05:19 Feb18 2014 Post ID: 3305636
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
Novus said:Huh. I honestly had no idea you were the one who made PXE.
By the time I had heard of it on SC, there were enough members that moved there that I kinda just grouped everyone together. I didn't even give thought to 'the one' that originally created the site.

I guess my young, dramatic mind looked at it like some sort of 'war.' It seemed there were some PXE members that just hated on this site and treated the members that -didn't- move to PXE like crap. Not everyone, of course. But, like I said, my mind probably dramatised it all.

Wasn't there some point where it was, like... banned from even being mentioned here? If so, that probably added to the whole 'war' thing, too. xD

Yeah,originally created PixelEuphoria back in the day, was great fun. Then after a couple of years I lost interest and the lads and ladies took over and, well did a better job, haha. But yeah, wasn't a big timer, lil' old me I'm fraid. Everyone was welcome, but we did seem to get the reputation as being anti SC, when it was just some bell members we disliked. Good times.
Vee. I love you.
England; time setters for the entire world.
Novus Posted: 07:15 Feb18 2014 Post ID: 3305655
Novus
Post Likes: 72
+
And looking back, it didn't really make sense to call any of you 'anti-SC.' You had all been members of this site. Just got tired of the morons that registered here, and dealing with mostly bullshit staff.

So, a group of SC members moved to a different forum to have better conversation, really. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Just the occasional... like Vee said... 'getting out of hand' thing.

But I'd be willing to bet that an easy majority of any hate dished out to some SC members was deserved. At least, as 'deserved' as it could be, I suppose.
Matt77 Posted: 17:55 Feb18 2014 Post ID: 3305738
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Vee said:but the average age group probably is half a decade younger on here than it is on PXE, anyway.

Nope. Most members here are over 18. The only members I know who aren't 18 are me, Alana and Jake (albert wesker), but Jake's gone.

Novus said:Out of the currently active members on SC, I think I might be the oldest (outside of Rich and them, of course). And I'm only 20. Keyblade21 might be the same age as me, but I think everyone else is 18 or younger... I could also be completely talking out of my aass right now, too. xD

I only know 1 other active-ish member that is younger than 18.

Novus said:And I don't think any one on PXE would deny that they came from this website. But this site tends to attract a young crowd (it's a website that allows membership for any one who is 13+, and you can get some young people on here).

Again, this site doesn't get very many 13 or 14 year old's that stay active in the forums. Everyone joining is around 18.

I'm perfectly comfortable being on the site with all members being older than me. But I would love to see someone come that is younger than me (and isn't like DB and SM).

As for member numbers, this site was definitely starting to die when I came back after Derek let me back on. There weren't that many active members, some people would occasionally come and go, but members were starting to leave permanently. If CrypticWizard posted in the General Chat, the forums would be much more active. Also when KoC came, activity had a jump.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
KingofCorn Posted: 21:26 Feb18 2014 Post ID: 3305772
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Then my internet died and the site followed :(
superbird5005 Posted: 00:49 Feb19 2014 Post ID: 3305794
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
Never thought I'd see Filip post something.
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

KingofCorn Posted: 01:38 Feb19 2014 Post ID: 3305798
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Why is that?
Matt77 Posted: 02:02 Feb19 2014 Post ID: 3305806
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
When you leave a site for so long, It's hard to come back. I didn't really want to come back to SC in October but luckily I did. If I hadn't, I probably wouldn't be here right now.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

KingofCorn Posted: 02:09 Feb19 2014 Post ID: 3305811
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
I have never left for more then a week. But that was only like 3 days into my account.
Nic21 Posted: 23:32 Feb21 2014 Post ID: 3306223
Nic21
#holla
Post Likes: 6
+
Awh, missed you by a few days, but hey vee (: Hope everything's going well with ya <3
Credit to .Impact for this good lookin' guy right here<3

KingofCorn Posted: 00:28 Feb22 2014 Post ID: 3306239
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Oh look another ad. Hi Nic21.
Matt77 Posted: 00:46 Feb22 2014 Post ID: 3306242
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Hi bot 2122014 & Nic21!

ViolinViolinViolin

KingofCorn Posted: 08:08 Feb22 2014 Post ID: 3306278
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Ever wonder why the bots don't become established as members then subliminally advertise things?
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:06 Feb22 2014 Post ID: 3306314
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
There's no point - after they start advertising we would begin removing links and then move on to just banning. So it's not worth the effort.
KingofCorn Posted: 18:27 Feb22 2014 Post ID: 3306372
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
But you could do it subliminally. Like putting a fast food slogan in your mini-sig.
ShadowsTM Posted: 18:55 Feb22 2014 Post ID: 3306380
ShadowsTM
Post Likes: 0
+
Yo guys.

Jordan

KingofCorn Posted: 19:43 Feb22 2014 Post ID: 3306385
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Yogurt
Novus Posted: 07:17 Feb23 2014 Post ID: 3306464
Novus
Post Likes: 72
+
KoC. Bots are computer programs. They aren't programmed to 'become established members.' They're just programmed to spam.
The closest thing to what you said would be pass-crack bots, which just use an actual person's account to spam. But they take quite a bit more time and effort to program - which usually isn't what a bot programmer wants.
KingofCorn Posted: 11:24 Feb23 2014 Post ID: 3306527
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
How come bots reply then?
Marnie752 Posted: 12:11 Feb23 2014 Post ID: 3306538
Marnie752
Post Likes: 0
+
I am very new and only got on about less than a week ago, so don't ask me... but I'll try and get all your questions answered!SmileThink

You Have To Admit, Enderman Is The Best Monster In Minecraft
Displaying Page 3 of 6

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close