Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Gun Control

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
control Posted: 17:39 Mar13 2014 Post ID: 3309691
control
P
Post Likes: 16
+
Banning guns would do nothing.
Well nothing good anyways-it would just make guns more dangerous.
If some guy breaks into your house and pulls out a gun what are you gonna do?
I say every teacher should get a halo 1 pistol- it's a 3-shot headshot no matter how much armor you have!!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 19:02 Mar13 2014 Post ID: 3309705
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I agree with KoC & control about teachers having guns. If a school shooting occurred, the teachers will be able to defend themselves and the students.

Novus said:School shootings happen so rarely

Yes, but they happen. Over the last few years, there have been several resulting in the death of teachers and children as young as 6. If the teachers at those schools had guns, those shootings may've never even killed anyone.

I think guns are great for defense, but there is so much more gun violence because of the laws in America. But like Steelers said, it's impossible to take guns from every single American. If guns were legalised today in Australia, once people had them, it would be impossible to remove them. I don't think gun control laws will ever be used in America.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
tegan41 Posted: 19:27 Mar13 2014 Post ID: 3309711
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
Dark Breloom, I have removed your post as it's completely irrelevant. Please remain on topic and ensure your posts contribute to the debate
KingofCorn Posted: 19:49 Mar13 2014 Post ID: 3309718
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
I wonder what he said. Anyway pretty much every school I can think of I one former military teacher. Why not let him or her carry a firearm?
nightmare2 Posted: 17:07 Mar16 2014 Post ID: 3310109
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Guns are awesome.

Urge to post that and only that is almost too much to handle.

Anyways the way I see it it no matter what you do someone is always going to use a gun against someone else. Taking them all away won't work because people will just get them illegally. Besides the 2nd Amendment makes that really hard. However the 2nd Amendment gives U.S. citizens the right to bear arms, meaning citizens can have guns however it would be perfectly constitutional to limit the amount and type of guns that citizens can own. We already have all semi and of course fully automatic rifles completely illegal for the average Joe.
Also don't play the school shooting card because statistics can easily be found to prove how rare those events are. The media just blows it out of proportion. That being said I am not saying that we should just ignore them. Gun laws are almost as good as they could get, America's law lack when it comes to Gun Shows. America needs to crack down on Gun Shows and force them to require full background checks and all that.

Also sidenote: While typing this up i noticed that the ad right below the text box is about handguns. Nice ad placement.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
KingofCorn Posted: 18:19 Mar16 2014 Post ID: 3310122
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Best post yet.
Matt77 Posted: 19:32 Mar16 2014 Post ID: 3310135
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
How? He completely went against your argument.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

KingofCorn Posted: 20:33 Mar16 2014 Post ID: 3310143
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
The first 3 words.
Matt77 Posted: 05:26 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310177
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
KoC - If your family were shot and killed with guns, would you think guns are awesome? Guns are responsible for many homicides. In America in 2005, guns were involved in 75% of the 10,100 homicides. That's 7,575 homicides that were committed in 2005 with a gun.

Along the course of the debate, I will find more statistics to use, to help avoid the death of this thread.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:09 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310188
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I believe that people have the right to bear arms (2nd Amendment). However, I do wish there were more restrictions and the overall process in obtaining them was more difficult and thorough.
KingofCorn Posted: 09:20 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310196
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Matt more people are killed by cars then guns yet people still use those every day. Also a good deal of those homicides were committed with weapons that were illegally obtained.

Edit: Why would someone blame the guns? If my family was hacked up by a psycho I wouldn't hate hatchets. I'd hate the psycho.

« Last edited by KingofCorn on Mar 17th 2014 »
nightmare2 Posted: 13:59 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310237
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Humans aren't exactly the the most rational of species. Actually I think we are probably one of the least rational. In the light of your family being slaughter by a guy with a hatchet you will probably find most of your hate towards the person holding the hatchet however chances are you will also find hatchets far less appealing. The blame on guns is similar to the blame on alcohol when someone is DUI and hits and kills another. The person is mostly at fault, the alcohol was indeed the cause of the accident but the person who chose to drink is at fault. While when it comes to guns the person wielding the gun is at fault however the gun is also going to take blame. The problem that I think there is, is in how the gun gets blamed. To illegalize guns entirely and ban people from every touching them is unreasonable. To make gun related laws and obtaining guns much harder and have more rigorous eligibility tests would be the reasonable action.

Also Matt very nice statistics. However I find it hard to believe that the overall number of homicides per year would drop that much if guns were illegalized. The numbers may shrink but for the most part the number would drop too much. Simply put guns or no guns homicides are going to happen, take guns away and people will just use something else to kill with.

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
KingofCorn Posted: 14:36 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310246
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Except when you fire a gun you don't become a murderer. When you drink (excessively) you get drunk.
nightmare2 Posted: 16:31 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310252
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Yes but getting drunk isn't a bad thing. Guns are the same way, shooting it doesn't mean your gonna kill someone. Drinking doesn't mean you are going to get drunk. In the end it all comes down to the person and the choices they make with what ever they have be that alcohol, guns, a knife, or even their education. If someone makes bad choices then that's on the person not on what they happen to have with them. If someone chooses to kill some one else then that is on the person. The tools used are just simply tools and at the end of the day they are only dangerous in the hands of a human.

KingofCorn Posted: 16:45 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310254
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Why don't we just better enforce existing laws?
Matt77 Posted: 18:55 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310273
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
KoC - People drive cars because it helps with life and getting around. Guns don't really get you anywhere.

I understand where you are both coming from but any random person could walk into a busy shopping mall and decide to shoot people randomly. Mass shootings can't be committed with any other tools. If the person at Sandy Hook was carrying a knife, some people would've been killed, but it would be less than how many were killed in the actual shooting.

ViolinViolinViolin

Dark Breloom Posted: 20:20 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310288
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
just going to bring up my argument that if every teacher had a gun in sandy hook, adam lanza would have been dead quick.
KingofCorn Posted: 22:07 Mar17 2014 Post ID: 3310299
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Matt: I can make a gun right now. You don't have to buy one. Also without guns the military and law enforcement would be not existent. And let's not forget hunting.

Sandy Hook would have been a very short shooting. I can tell you this if that psycho in Colorado had shot up a movie theater in Texas he would have gunned him down in seconds. I know I would have.
Alkestis Posted: 04:38 Mar18 2014 Post ID: 3310313
Alkestis
Post Likes: 0
+
must have a legal concern if you will avail guns.. guns can used to kill other can also used to
make illegal or not good and also not for young people
Matt77 Posted: 05:28 Mar18 2014 Post ID: 3310322
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well, this debate is going no where. There's no point arguing because any argument I make will be destroyed. Later on I might post a statistics list.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close