Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Gun Control

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 18:54 Mar21 2014 Post ID: 3310878
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I'm not wasting another 30 minutes finding statistics that people think are stupid.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Dark Breloom Posted: 19:26 Mar21 2014 Post ID: 3310884
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
i never said it was stupid

if you learned to read

i said that your stupid number post was stupid

and your argument is dumb

your stats were ok but the argument that you were supporting with your stats was dumb
nightmare2 Posted: 20:13 Mar21 2014 Post ID: 3310894
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
You seriously are good at bothering people DB, have we given you an award for that yet?

Matt your stats and argument were fine don't listen to DB. Just remember that Breloom is a horrible pokemon. Your stats were fine. You don't need stats to continue on. Just pick up your argument where you left off.

KoC - Manslaughter would technically be considered the 3rd degree, it is only listed different because it can be further broken up. There is Negligent and Involuntary Manslaughter. Negligent would be when a company doesn't invest in new equipment and people end up dying because of it while involuntary would be when you had no intentions of killing someone which occurs during an accident, commonly from drunk driving.

« Last edited by nightmare2 on Mar 21st 2014 »
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Dark Breloom Posted: 20:18 Mar21 2014 Post ID: 3310896
Dark Breloom
+
actually breloom is OU lol
KingofCorn Posted: 21:52 Mar21 2014 Post ID: 3310907
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Look at you staying on subject. What do you guys think of concealed carry?
nightmare2 Posted: 23:58 Mar21 2014 Post ID: 3310944
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
I always make sure that if I go off subject that I have something in my post that is still on subject.

And I think it is fine as long as the people concealing the weapons have gone through some sort of program to make sure they are educated on current gun laws and how they effect them. I also think concealed use should only be with handguns

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
KingofCorn Posted: 23:59 Mar21 2014 Post ID: 3310946
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
It's kinda hard to conceal an AR-15. And you have to take a training course.
Matt77 Posted: 00:30 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3310954
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nightmare - When I looked at your bar graph, it looked odd the number of mass shootings that happened in Australia. But then I looked up whether Australia has always had gun control laws. It turns out before 1998, Australia was like America, with no gun control laws. That is why there have been that many mass shootings here in the last 25 years.

DB - I deleted the number post and the stats list so you have nothing to complain about.
Also, you made a mistake in your post.
You said:wow, that's so surprising. the most readily available weapon to australian citizens was the most used murder weapon in 2004 to 2004! NEVER SAW THAT COMING.
I also can't read the words on the bottom of the graph because it looks like they are in Chinese characters.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

KingofCorn Posted: 00:34 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3310956
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Am I seriously the only one who can read it? Maybe I can read Chinese and I just don't know it!?
Matt77 Posted: 05:13 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3310974
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I could read the numbers and 'Males' & 'Females'. But still, the graph does nothing if the person it was intended to can't read the bottom.

ViolinViolinViolin

Novus Posted: 07:30 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3310985
Novus
Post Likes: 72
+
Right click on the graph and select 'View Image.'
The picture is a '.gif' file - I'd guess that's why the colouring is screwing up on this website.
KingofCorn Posted: 08:12 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3311000
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
We since I'm on a phone I can zoom in super far.
Dark Breloom Posted: 08:13 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3311003
Dark Breloom
+
Don't really care about the mistake

Also I linked the source site

Not even complaining anymore, you just didn't understand what I was saying was dumb so I cleared that up
KingofCorn Posted: 08:18 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3311006
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
He was trying to say without guns people use knives.
Dark Breloom Posted: 11:01 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3311044
Dark Breloom
+
actually, i was trying to say that the most readily available killing weapon is going to obviously be the most used weapon in homicides.

it's kind of basic logic.
nightmare2 Posted: 13:39 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3311068
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Nightmare - When I looked at your bar graph, it looked odd the number of mass shootings that happened in Australia. But then I looked up whether Australia has always had gun control laws. It turns out before 1998, Australia was like America, with no gun control laws. That is why there have been that many mass shootings here in the last 25 years.

Time to go find which bar graph you speak of... OK I have no idea which bar graph you speak of. If you meant he Timeline: Mass Shooting Incidents one then that isn't a bar graph, the last picture was of a bar graph.
The bold part confuses me a little, not sure if I'm just not understanding it or if maybe you made a typo but you state that Australia prior to 98 had no gun laws and then go onto say the is why America has had so many mass shootings?

Also the point of that graph, well lemme just repost it.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/dhm1353/Newtown.png
Click on it and look again. It should list 8 countries with the US in bold. Then it should have another graph below with US and Other 7 and below that US w/ Newtown and Other 7. What you need to be looking at for that graph are the numbers. All other 7 combined have less of a population than the US however their overall combined rate per 100,000 is much higher than the US.

KingofCorn Posted: 14:58 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3311083
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
So what your saying is higher population higher deaths? That's strange.
nightmare2 Posted: 15:09 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3311088
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
KingofCorn said:So what your saying is higher population higher deaths? That's strange.

No, I am not saying that. I am saying the opposite. Higher population, lower deaths. But yes strange.

KingofCorn Posted: 15:45 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3311093
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
You would think it would be the other way around.
nightmare2 Posted: 19:45 Mar22 2014 Post ID: 3311160
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Yes you would think that. And when you look at the numbers it tells us what?
- The rate per 100,000 people of Mass Shootings' Victims in the last 25 years within the United States of America is at 0.030
- The rate per 100,000 people of Mass Shootings' Victims in the last 25 years within Norway is at 1.365
- Finland at 0.479
- Australia at 0.153
- The United Nations at 0.044
- The Netherlands at 0.036
- Germany at 0.035
- USA at 0.030*
- Belguim at 0.027
*The USA is second to last on that list, yet if they were ranked based upon population it would be at the top.

- The rate for the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Australia, Finland, and Norway all COMBINED is at 0.095*
- the rate for the USA is at 0.030**
*The total population for all 7 combined is at 206 million.
** The USA's population is at 314 million.

- The rate for the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Australia, Finland, and Norway all COMBINED is at 0.095
- The rate for the USA, adding in the Newtown shooting, is at 0.038

So we have learned that the USA has the largest population, even greater than when all of the other 7 are combined, yet has the lowest rate per 100,000 people of Mass Shootings' Victims as well as Mass Shootings in general. While ranked separately it is second to last on the list.

Displaying Page 4 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close