Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

What would you like to see released from Nintendo

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Lachy Posted: 22:14 Mar25 2014 Post ID: 3312018
Lachy
Post Likes: 4
+
We all know that Nintendo haven't had the best luck with their latest releases (Wii U, anything and everything Sonic), and are spiralling down further and further.

As an avid Nintendo fan (particularly Rareware) i'd HATE to see the company go absolutely bankrupt.

What do you think would save Nintendo right now?
I tried to do an internet once...

- Link is my main man -

2K98
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:15 Mar25 2014 Post ID: 3312019
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
An actual competitive console with no gimmicks. I'd buy the Wii U if they sold it with a pro controller instead of a Gamepad for like $200
nightmare2 Posted: 22:25 Mar25 2014 Post ID: 3312021
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
Personally I do support the Wii idea and I think they should continue with that but they should also focus on an actual console to compete with Sony and Microsoft. Bring us a new Nintendo system, maybe the N64 2, this time an actual console that isn't motion based but where you have a controller and buttons, they should also do what Sony did with the PS3 and put the classic Nintendo 64 games up the Nintendo store thingy. Try to gain some money with some of the classic which we all know and love from the N64 (who else is thinking Pokemon Stadium?).
The Wii U is a good direction, it is unique from all other consoles (aside the Wii) and shouldn't just be dropped but a console with power rivaling the PS4 and Xbox One would be really choice for them.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
KingofCorn Posted: 22:59 Mar25 2014 Post ID: 3312025
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
^This. Sadly it probably won't happen. Nintendo has been established as a "kids game" company.
Lachy Posted: 23:04 Mar25 2014 Post ID: 3312027
Lachy
Post Likes: 4
+
One major problem Nintendo is having is that they're running out of money. As you know Nintendo sold Rareware to Microsoft, which includes some of the Nintendo 64's biggest titles. Not having any money makes it REALLY hard for them to develop new consoles and games. They'll really have to pull a rabbit out of a hat on this one...
I tried to do an internet once...

- Link is my main man -

2K98
KingofCorn Posted: 23:48 Mar25 2014 Post ID: 3312029
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
I think they should team up with LucasArts. You know finally make an open world Star Wars game set in Coruscant. I'd buy a WiiU to play that.
Matt77 Posted: 00:01 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312030
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Hopefully Super Smash Bros Wii U will make Nintendo some money.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
KingofCorn Posted: 01:15 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312035
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Possible but unlikely. Kids are playing more mobile games then ever.
Hyperfox Posted: 01:49 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312041
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
+
Nintendo is as far from bankrupt as you can get. They could be doing crappy for years straight and they have enough cash in the reserves to last about another 30 years.

All of this Nintendo doing crummy is just a bunch of circle-jerking without research put into it. The Wii U by itself isn't doing swell, but when you do Nintendo's overall hardware sales they're outselling Xbone and I thiiiiink PS4 but don't quote me on that.

Also power? Console specs? Who gives a damn when it comes to consoles. Seriously. At this point of time and age we've reached a stalemate as far as graphics and power goes. Unless one of the consoles busts out some virtual reality stuff it's a mute point.

The Wii U is a sleek device that honestly should have had better advertising and a better name. Hell, even with a busted name like the Xbox One everyone still knew it was something new because of all the damn advertising. And honestly that's all they really need.

Better advertising. Other than that the Wii U as a console is probably the best home console I've had the pleasure to play. I say probably because the Gamecube exists.
Matt77 Posted: 02:52 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312047
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think Nintendo need to stop making DS games. The DS is now 10 years old while the 3DS is only 3, and yet I see more children playing DS games than 3DS ones.

Nintendo really need to improve their online play. Sony & Microsoft have such good online multiplayer, and while Nintendo have some games with ok online, games like SSBB has appalling online play. SSBB was the fastest selling game in Nintendo of America's history selling over 500,000 copies on it's first day and 7.47 million by September 2008. They should've had a better online play for the fastest selling in NOA's history.

This is a list of best selling games in histroy:

1. Tetris
2. Wii Sports
3. Minecraft
4. Super Mario Bros
5. Mario Kart Wii
6. Grand Theft Auto V

If you only look at the top 6, you can see that over Nintendo's time, they have done extremely well. Even today they are ahead of Sony & Microsoft in that list.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 09:25 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312079
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
"What would you like to see released from Nintendo?"

A statement describing how they're dropping out of the video game market and selling their first party properties like SEGA did.
KingofCorn Posted: 10:21 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312088
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
The thing is I don't think the Wiis were designed for gamers but for grandparents and little kids. Who would want to play a game like COD or Skyrim on a Wii? The only reason that the Wii sold well was the fact that it was the first successful motion based system.
steelersrock01 Posted: 13:35 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312143
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Hyperfox said:
All of this Nintendo doing crummy is just a bunch of circle-jerking without research put into it. The Wii U by itself isn't doing swell, but when you do Nintendo's overall hardware sales they're outselling Xbone and I thiiiiink PS4 but don't quote me on that.

Also power? Console specs? Who gives a damn when it comes to consoles. Seriously. At this point of time and age we've reached a stalemate as far as graphics and power goes. Unless one of the consoles busts out some virtual reality stuff it's a mute point.

Ehhhhhh stats on this? I really doubt the Wii is still selling a ton and the 3DS isn't doing so great either.Apparently the PS4 has already overtaken the Wii U in sales LTD.
As for power, I haven't played or seen enough footage to compare PS4/XOne to Wii U so I won't comment. PS4 and Xone have better technical specs, but it's all in the execution. Nintendo makes beautiful games. I agree with you on the advertising and name. Should have went with Wii 2.

« Last edited by steelersrock01 on Mar 26th 2014 »
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 15:00 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312154
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
Nintendo's problem is that they're living off nostalgia and soccer moms, and the soccer moms already have Wii Fit for the original Wii, and there's no sense upgrading since it still works. Put in the yearly Mario rehash (how many "New" Super Mario Bros. can there be until it's not "New"? I think they've already hit that point) and the bi-yearly Pokemon releases and you have a chunk of their sales.

Third party companies are stationed elsewhere. And I'm not just talking about overblown franchises like Call of Duty or the annual sports games. Everything from tactical games to JRPGs and everything else have found quite a nice spot with the other consoles, and their lack of senseless gimmicks.

If Nintendo doesn't make some new first party titles soon, and they don't blast off, I'd say they're looking pretty bad. But, to establish new first party titles, you have to have your console in a lot of homes, being played by dedicated gamers instead of the "family console" that sees a few Mario games and maybe a Zelda title, Wii fit, etc.

Without the success of Animal Crossing and Pokemon, the 3DS wouldn't be doing as swell either.

Add in the fact that casual gamers are increasingly going to mobile to get their quick and cheap gaming fix, and it's not looking good at all.

I'm not saying they're going to crash immediately - it may be more akin to a train slowly running out of steam - but you can only add so many Pokemon until people get tired of it.

Innovate or fail, that's how it's always been. If you don't do better, someone else will.
KingofCorn Posted: 16:40 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312192
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
I feel like PlayStation Will make Pokemon games after Nintendo closes.
Hyperfox Posted: 17:07 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312233
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
+
steelersrock01 said:
Hyperfox said:

Ehhhhhh stats on this? I really doubt the Wii is still selling a ton and the 3DS isn't doing so great either.Apparently the PS4 has already overtaken the Wii U in sales LTD.
As for power, I haven't played or seen enough footage to compare PS4/XOne to Wii U so I won't comment. PS4 and Xone have better technical specs, but it's all in the execution. Nintendo makes beautiful games. I agree with you on the advertising and name. Should have went with Wii 2.

Source would be here. Also I'm outtie, but it's been a nice visit. Later gators.
KingofCorn Posted: 17:16 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312242
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Bye Hyperactive Mischievous Mammal!
Warrior13 Posted: 17:20 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312245
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Adam: I would like to see a new version of Pokemon Stadium with all 721 Pokemon and all the gyms and everything. I've actually talked about this with my siblings recently. That and a new version of Yoshi's Story.
KingofCorn Posted: 17:30 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312246
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
I'd actually play Pokemon with a game like that.
Matt77 Posted: 19:10 Mar26 2014 Post ID: 3312268
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
KoC said:I feel like PlayStation Will make Pokemon games after Nintendo closes.

I doubt that. Most of Playstation's games are M, MA and R. They don't focus on the nice games with no blood and death.

Nintendo, with all it's fantastic games has so much potential. They could make so many combinations of games and all star games. I think Metroid and Kirby games are dead. Mario, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros and Animal Crossing are Nintendo's only hope. Most of the Wii and Wii U's games are meant to be played with a family. But that doesn't happen. My family has never played Wii or Wii U, defeating the purpose of the games. Like I said before, if the online play was better, it may help Nintendo.

About a month ago, it was announced that online play on the DS and Wii was shutting down. This was a terrible move and will just make Nintendo even worse compared to Play Station and X Box.

It seems like there were many great games that were made years before I was born. I've missed so many games and consoles. Everyone raves about the Game Cube and I've never played it. Maybe they need to look back at their consoles and pick out the best bits of all of them and combine them into a new console? What do you think?

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close