Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

I'm Not Expecting To Grow Flowers In The Desert

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Warrior13 Posted: 15:31 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363507
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
It was the summer after Pokemon Diamond/Pearl were released. I was searching on the internet on how to catch Heracross. One of the links lead me to SuperCheats, and the rest was history.

I created an account, and thus Warrior13 was incarnate. I asked a question. It was answered. I caught a Heracross a few days later.

After asking my question, I decided to explore the site a little further. My thirteen year old brain was marveled by the Pokedex and Pokemon Teams. I happened to stumble upon one of Seth Vilo's numerous Pokemon Teams. That young boy was naive enough to challenge him. Seth accepted. However, the battle was never meant to be. That is, until six years later when Seth body-bagged him.

After convincing him to accept, I decided to head to the new Teams & Clans. Immediately, I created Team Heracross. Shocker... I know.

I then convinced Seth Vilo, along with Will d mr.ramdom, to join my Pokemon Team. Not long after doing so, Sir Anthony Emeraldrafael appeared on the scene with the Gemstone Order. It was there that Anthony, Seth (Johnny), and myself formed lasting friendships. Anthony talked Johnny and me to become life members to the Gemstone Order. We accepted, and thus Sir Michael The Sapphire Warrior came to be.

After being a T&C Member for a couple of months, I decided to begin answering questions and assisting Pokemon Gamers. I was just a beginner, looking up to the great Cross_Stinger and cheating-is-good. As time passed, I starting getting good with the submissions. I was still a T&C Maniac, becoming great friends with Mitar3 (Micah), and the great Rangerman (Tony). But after a while, I left SuperCheats. School was the main reason. I wasn't slipping behind or anything, just needed to continue to focus on becoming the Valedictorian.

I returned to SuperCheats years later. Anthony was still around, but Micah, Johnny, Will, and Tony where all long gone. Lucky, I was able to make a couple of new friendships with fatassmonkey (Chris), Ak GMAN14 (Batman), Keyblade21 (Seth), steelersrock01 (Mike), the_best_of_the_west (Josh), and Alana|D (Alana). I also had a rival in Forgoten_Scars, pushing me to become a better submitter. I became the trifecta with Subs, Forums, and T&C. I rose through the Stats Page, and the goods times continued. I also held a few staff positions as a Moderator. Once again, after some time, I left SuperCheats. Had to continue getting those A's.

About a year later, I returned. Only Anthony, Seth, Mike, and Alana remained from before. I got back on the horse, and continued doing everything as before. I also met a few more friends in KingofCorn (Jake) and Matt77 (Matt). After being back for a while, I received a position to become the Community Forums Manager. The job was great, don't get me wrong. I always wanted the position to be Full-Time though, ensuring my stay on SuperCheats. I also thought a Full-Time Position was what was necessary to revive the dying Forums. Unfortunately, that never came to be. I also started a Pokemon Give Away Shop in the Pokemon Trading Forums, helping numerous people obtain the Pokemon they needed. I thought someone needed to help them, since kimmy456 and War_Hero no longer were here. So, I did. I even made Battle Strategies for certain Pokemon in the Battle Forum. As I did all of this, I won a couple of MVP Competitions. Three to be exact. Should have been four, but the final had a controversial decision. But as time passed, SuperCheats began to slow down, and I needed more funds to help out with school and home. I brought up a Full-Time position with Webmaster Richard himself, but it didn't happen. I did my best for months to follow, but things kept being tight financially. I decided to look for work elsewhere, and I did. I gave Richard one last opportunity to consider a Full-Time Position, not only to make more money, but also to get SuperCheats somewhere near its former glory. Another denial came, and I knew my time was up. The love affair between Warrior13 and SuperCheats had faded. I decided to leave.

I resigned as the Community Forums Manager. I closed my Pokemon Give Away Shop for good. I informed everyone what was going on, and that I would be leaving SuperCheats soon.

I finished with more submissions than anyone else. I finished with more points than anyone else (non-staff). I finished in the Top 30 in the Forums, and Top 70 in T&C. Perhaps a Legend Title will be given one day, but only time will tell. Perhaps the Forums will somehow survive... Again, only time will tell.

And now that the story of Warrior13 has been told, I thought I would say some personal farewells...

Anthony (emeraldrafael): To this day, I consider you my best friend. You're always there when anyone needs to talk. You're one of the best people I know, and I love you (as a best bud, of course).

Johnny (Seth Vilo): I know you don't visit SC anymore, but someone needs to tell you that you're awesome. You're the only person to ever Body-bag me in Pokemon, and I'm the supposed expert.

Micah (Mitar3): I often wonder what became of you. You were so young when we first met. I hope you turned out to be as good as a person as it was looking like.

Tony (Rangerman): I hope life is treating you well. You and I could talk hours about Nintendo Games. Such good times...

Will (Will d mr.ramdom): I hope you're doing good too. I always considered you the fourth musketeer to Anthony, Johnny, and myself. I hope you know how much that means to me.

Chris (fatassmonkey): We aren't much a like, but still, I can talk to you for hours.

Mike (steelersrock01): My Twin. We look nothing alike, but it's creepy how much we are alike. If only you weren't a Steelers Fan, then we would be exact copies of each other. Oh well. You're still awesome.

Josh (the_best_of_the_west): R.I.P. ;_;

Alana (Alana|D): You're awesome. I can't describe you in any other way. You're so silly and free. You're probably the only person I've emailed hundreds of times.

Derek (Forgoten_Scars): I hope you're doing well. You pushed me to be the best, and it was a success.

Seth (Keyblade21): Seth, I love you. You're so laid-back and cool. I can talk for hours with you. I hope life is treating you well. Email me sometime. ;)

Batman (Ak GMAN14): The only regret I've ever had when it came to SC was leaving without getting your contact info. I still consider you one of my best friends to this day. I hope one day we can reconnect.

Jake (KingofCorn): You might be a little up tight, but you're still a pretty cool dude. We also have a lot in common, which is always good.

Matt (Matt77): To be honest, I didn't think we would ever be friends. At first, I thought you were a little immature. As time passed, you grew on me. You're an awesome person, who puts others first. I want you to know that I think that's awesome.

I believe that's everything... I guess there's nothing left to now but say goodbye... I'm going to miss all of you...

"I'll come around and see you once in a while, or if I ever need a reason to smile..."

Until we meet again... Smile
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Dark Breloom Posted: 17:11 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363513
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
damn you guys take the interwebs srsly
KingofCorn Posted: 20:32 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363537
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Shut the **** up DB.

Michael it's been fun. I'll see you again on the internet mail.
Dark Breloom Posted: 21:09 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363542
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
KingofCorn said:Shut the **** up DB.

no thanks im good. its in my first amendment bro
Xeta Posted: 23:10 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363556
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Lmao are you a literature major or something? Waaaay too tl;dr for a dead forum.

Anyways, good luck in life.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
KingofCorn Posted: 23:57 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363561
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
DB: And thanks to the 1st amendment I can say that. Also Rich says the constitution has no power on his site. Probably because it's in Spain.
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 06:42 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363597
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
***** how many topics u gon make
Craizen Posted: 08:00 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363606
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
ya'll can let him type you know it's not hurting anything
Fermented Offal Discharge Posted: 22:35 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363694
Fermented Offal Discharge
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 15
+
Except my eyes.
sauske Posted: 00:03 Dec14 2014 Post ID: 3363866
sauske
Post Likes: 18
+
Dark Breloom said:
KingofCorn said:Shut the **** up DB.

no thanks im good. its in my first amendment bro

Depends on where you located. The server is hosted in Dallas Texas, according to the IP. Heres the thing, even though America has freedom of speech, not every country has the same constitutions. Australia, Russia, China, Greece and so on are great examples. So just because you may not be censored in an America server, don't mean that you can't get prosecuted for violating your own country's law.

Lastly, even though its still hosted, its up to the staff of SC, to choose to delete/censor your words. If the staff feel you're posing a threat or something that violates Supercheats Term of Service, then they have all the rights to delete, ban, edit, and re-evaluate your post.

« Last edited by sauske on Dec 14th 2014 »
KingofCorn Posted: 01:00 Dec14 2014 Post ID: 3363871
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Well it automatically censors words. **** Cheney. **** Van Dyke.
Xeta Posted: 01:29 Dec14 2014 Post ID: 3363872
Xeta
Beneta
+
1. freedom of speech doesn't apply within private businesses
2. supercheats dot com is not a United States business
3. db wasn't being serious

sauske Posted: 20:49 Dec14 2014 Post ID: 3363997
sauske
+
Xeta said:1. freedom of speech doesn't apply within private businesses
2. supercheats dot com is not a United States business
3. db wasn't being serious

#1 Can you prove that to be true? Where does it state that Supercheats discriminates users from looking at cheats, and forums?

#2 Can you explain why the servers are hosted in America? Don't believe me? Do a DNS resolve on supercheats get the ip, then do a ip lookup.
Xeta Posted: 23:06 Dec14 2014 Post ID: 3364008
Xeta
Beneta
+
1. What are you even talking about?
2. I don't believe server locations designates what country a business is. Google and multiple other American businesses have servers around the world.

Hyperfox Posted: 23:57 Dec14 2014 Post ID: 3364010
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
Post Likes: 41
+
not to mention doesn't rich literally live in spain or something
KingofCorn Posted: 00:13 Dec15 2014 Post ID: 3364013
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
I believe he does.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 01:28 Dec15 2014 Post ID: 3364023
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Look don't be so rude - the guys take it seriously because it is important to them. Give the guy a break.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
sauske Posted: 09:19 Dec15 2014 Post ID: 3364054
sauske
+
Xeta said:1. What are you even talking about?
2. I don't believe server locations designates what country a business is. Google and multiple other American businesses have servers around the world.

#1: To better explain to you. There is a thing called discrimination. This thing is what makes something private, or public. If you're only allowed to check out the cheats, and post on the forums by becoming a member then its a private site. If anyone can view its public.

#2: Yes, but here is the difference. A US shore host, only allows content under American law. This means, if the government says no malware and so on, then you can't use that server for that use. If someone buys lets say a Russia server, and it says malware is allowed, then you wont get in trouble. Google has many servers for connection time reasons. It's better to have a connection to a server near you then farther from you.

#2a "I don't believe server locations designates what country a business is." Uh, what? When did I say a country classification defines a private or public bushiness? If any thing, please re-read #1. That is the best way to understand!

« Last edited by sauske on Dec 15th 2014 »
Hyperfox Posted: 10:56 Dec15 2014 Post ID: 3364063
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
Post Likes: 41
+
i still have no idea what you're going on about dude
sauske Posted: 12:04 Dec15 2014 Post ID: 3364074
sauske
+
Hyperfox said:i still have no idea what you're going on about dude

I don't know how much I can simplfy it, but I will try.

Durrrrrrr pretty flower.

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close