Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Here Lies What Was Left Of The SC Forums (Or Soon To Come)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 13 | 14 | Last     Next
Warrior13 Posted: 22:38 Jan04 2015 Post ID: 3366617
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
It's pretty sad, but I can't say I didn't see this coming. I tried my best to prevent it; I tried to mention this to (and reason with) Rich.

I'd like to say that if some things changed, the forums could survive. At this point, however, I really don't know if that would even help.

When I think of the SC Forums now, I just keep thinking of the definition of insanity: "Doing the exact same thing over and over, and expecting a different result."

I had some ideas to make things better to increase guests to stay and be active, I know most of us have. Either they fell on deaf ears or we didn't have the right opportunity.

Anyway... I thought someone should say it.

If you're reading this Rich, I hope you take it to heart and invest to make things different/better.

I don't want to see SC become one of the many gaming websites that don't have forums/chats. But at this point, it's looking like it.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
KingofCorn Posted: 22:45 Jan04 2015 Post ID: 3366619
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
I make my daily post still! See here it is.
mini_mario Posted: 04:14 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366667
mini_mario
Post Likes: 3
+
Gosh, a lot has changed since I last posted around here. I remember the good old times when there was SC Times, G&A, Forum Games, and all those other cool forum sections. Plus there was way more activity pretty much everywhere. Change is not always good lol. But it looks like everyone has moved on, to say the least. Anyways, Rich if you're reading this I just wanted to stop by and say hello, haven't heard from you in ages! Smile

avatar credit to Trainer Saphire
signature credit to Layne
Matt77 Posted: 06:22 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366684
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Well just after the first signs of extinction here, PXE members came & trolled & made the forums look crap. I'm sure it's the reason we recently lost an active member, & it sure is the reason this place lost it's appeal to me.

Still, this forum better not shut down. It was my first & only forum & gave me some pretty good memories. When it was active I was even talking about applying for a Smod position early this year. Guess the hope of that happening is 0 now...

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 09:32 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366702
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mini_Mario: I know not all changes are good. I don't know why the forums were converted into one big group. Everyone use to love all the different ones. :/

Matt: Sorry.
sauske Posted: 10:43 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366724
sauske
Post Likes: 18
+
The forums are not dead yet. I personally think opening up broader things, and not just making the site a gaming forum is what it needs.

The teams are a decent idea. I feel like it would be excellent for competition. I also feel that if you convert the forums to a community it would make this site more active. Like I said, I'm confident some people would like to step up, and make a particular forum active. May it be a Coding section, a Technology section, or even a simple way for making graphics!

Also @Warrior13:

Making these types of posts don't want guests/members to stay. When people think a forum is dying(especially from a high post member) they in turn don't want to stay. They will just avoid the site like the plague.
KingofCorn Posted: 11:07 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366735
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Do you guys think Rich will listen to these ideas?
Warrior13 Posted: 11:15 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366745
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
sauske said:Also @Warrior13:

Making these types of posts don't want guests/members to stay. When people think a forum is dying(especially from a high post member) they in turn don't want to stay. They will just avoid the site like the plague.

Uhhh... Guests aren't staying anyway.
sauske Posted: 11:19 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366752
sauske
+
Warrior13 said:
sauske said:Also @Warrior13:

Uhhh... Guests aren't staying anyway.

Well even if they're not staying don't try to scare them away. Sure there will always be leechers, I used to come here just to get Pokemon cheats. Then I joined at 12(because at 10 I wasen't allowed to join and was scared because it said 13) then I ended up posting for a tons of PSP codes, and other things. Now here we're posting about the 'death' of the site.
Warrior13 Posted: 11:24 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366755
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No one is trying to scare them away. All we're doing is stating how we feel.
mini_mario Posted: 12:07 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366778
mini_mario
+
Warrior13 said:Mini_Mario: I know not all changes are good. I don't know why the forums were converted into one big group. Everyone use to love all the different ones. :/

Matt: Sorry.

Yeah I remember the good old G&A, that was the best forum section imo.

Warrior13 Posted: 12:58 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366787
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That's what I've heard. I was more interested in Sports Forum.
mini_mario Posted: 13:13 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366792
mini_mario
+
I would've posted in the Sports Forum more often but people always posted about American Football and Hockey, which aren't on my list of expertise.

sauske Posted: 13:26 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366796
sauske
+
I love football (NFL)
Warrior13 Posted: 15:40 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366833
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Mario: That's what I was interested in and the reason for it being my favorite. No one here even talks about sports now, except for the occasional Soccer/Football (Not American).

sauske: Me too! I can't wait for the Super Bowl.
KingofCorn Posted: 16:21 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366848
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
We are buying a new tv thanks to the super bowl sales.
mini_mario Posted: 17:10 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366856
mini_mario
+
Warrior13 said:Mario: That's what I was interested in and the reason for it being my favorite. No one here even talks about sports now, except for the occasional Soccer/Football (Not American).

sauske: Me too! I can't wait for the Super Bowl.

Really? Strange I guess I never noticed.. I'm a huge football (soccer) fan.

Matt77 Posted: 19:52 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366878
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Here's a simple plan. Bring back the old SC, with separate forums like sports, TV & film, G&A etc. All the old members come back & complain about the forums being merged. With all the olf forums back, they wouldn't need to complain, & may actually stay (still unlikely, but it's a chance)!

Honestly I wouldn't post in the Sports forum because there is 1 Australian member here, but I'd sure like to see the TV & Film forum.

Warrior - Remember, not all members are American ;)

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
KingofCorn Posted: 00:11 Jan06 2015 Post ID: 3366902
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Everyone is American in the eyes of the Lord.

I could go for segregated forums.
Hyperfox Posted: 13:27 Jan08 2015 Post ID: 3367235
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
Post Likes: 41
+
I don't think that can really work with the amount of members you guys have now, it'll just thin out even more.

The main reasons why the forums became dead was:
1. Staff being filled with a bunch of big ol' *****
2. Staff being filled with a bunch of big ol' *****
3. Growing up and having to prioritize responsibilities over posting on some forums

People posted here because it was a community, even with the asshats it was still a community and people enjoyed coming back to that. However as older members left you have less of that original community, which is fine because newer members come in to form another generation of that community but they joined when there was still a community to join. Now that most of that new community has left there's not really any incentive for new members to join because there's only a few shmucks still posting.

As nostalgic and fun as these forums are, there's not really a reason for them to exist anymore. Which is actually kinda a bummer.

« Last edited by Hyperfox on Jan 8th 2015 »
Displaying Page 1 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 13 | 14 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close