Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2016 Superbowl

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Sanzano Posted: 05:35 Jan13 2016 Post ID: 3399786
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Who do you think is going to win the Superbowl on February 6th 2016. I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots led by Tom Brady win it again.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 10:56 Jan13 2016 Post ID: 3399804
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
My bet is on New England, with an outside chance with Seattle or Arizona. Maybe Denver if Peyton can shine, now that he's back from injury.
KingofCorn Posted: 12:18 Jan13 2016 Post ID: 3399817
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Packers
Matt77 Posted: 20:17 Jan13 2016 Post ID: 3399843
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Um Packers lost to Detroit & Chicago at home.

Since I now follow NFL I can actually be part of these discussions.

Logically Carolina should make it (since they are 15-1) but Seattle have a good chance of beating them this week (even though they should've lost last week). New England should be able to make it unless they have a repeat of Phily or Miami. If Denver play their backup QB they're screwed. They have been awful with him in (nearly lost division title against San Diego until Manning saved them). Arizona have a good chance too, but that horrible loss in week 17 means they're going into the Playoffs with bad form (a 30 point loss, even if it's only 1 game is pretty bad). Green Bay seemed good last game, but they are pretty inconsistent. I doubt they can go all the way. Pittsburgh should've been 1 and done against poor Cincinnati (two 15-yard penalties, seriously?). Kansas City are in unbelievable form at the moment after a shutout of the terrible Texans (never should've been in playoffs after trailing 41-0 in a game against the 6-10 Miami Dolphins). The problem is they lost most of their games against good teams early in the year, so who knows how they will go against the hard ones now.

My predictions for this week:

New England 31-28 (late FG seals it)
Arizona 37-29 (Arizona's offense proves too good for Green Bay)
Carolina 24-20 (Seattle fail to really compete until a late TD)
Denver 20-19 (Denver dominate but their offense isn't good enough to score enough points to keep Pittsburgh away)

This is a post made by someone who, a few months ago, knew little to nothing about football ;)

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 13th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 02:26 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399873
Sanzano
+
I don't understand the fuss about the Green Bay Packers, they beat a Washington Redskin team that did not win a regualr season game against a winning team. Peyton Manning chokes in big post season games and I don't think Carolina Panthers are as good as their record suggests. I'm still going with the New England Patriots.

Matt77 Posted: 02:55 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399876
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
We'll have to see. If you think they win it, who do they defeat in the Superbowl?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 04:31 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399882
Sanzano
+
I'll go with the Carolina Panthers, I think inexperience in the big game will let them down against the Patriots.

Matt77 Posted: 08:56 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399895
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Who will your prediction be if KC beat them this week?

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 09:45 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399897
Sanzano
+
Seahawks probably, been there before and have a good defense. Great defense thinking about it, they've led the league four years straight for least points allowed in a game.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:51 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399899
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If KC wins, my mind would be blow.

Sanzano: I hear you on the Pack, and I raise you on KC. KC has defeated now three teams with a winning record in the last three years. They beat New England two years ago when they had a rough start, Denver earlier this year, and now the crummy Texans. And yet some people think they can actually manage to make the SuperBowl?!?! lol
Matt77 Posted: 20:46 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399917
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Warrior - Remember, the Jets (nearly lost to the Romo-less Cowboys), Eagles (lost 45-14 to the at that time 3-7 Detroit Lions), and Dolphins (were losing to the 4-12 Chargers 29-0) all beat New England. And Miami's win was in a week as important as any!

Also what you have to say about KC is true, but if you look at some of their losses to tough teams, they have been pretty small margins. Here are the games they lost this year:

Denver 31-24 [12-4](fumble recovery in the last 30 seconds got Denver the win)
Green Bay 38-28 [10-6](fair enough that game wasn't that close until 2 last quarter TD's, but losing by only 10 to GB isn't too bad)
Cincinnati 36-21 [12-4](not close)
Chicago 18-17 [6-10](terrible loss to have)
Minnesota 16-10 [11-5](coming up against possibly the NFL's best defense is hard)

You also have to remember that KC were in bad form in the first 6 weeks. Their form got better as the season went on (11 straight wins is good form, isn't it?) Now let's look at good teams that they beat:

Pittsburgh 23-13 [4-2 before the match, 10-6 after week 17]
Denver 29-13 [7-1 before the match, 12-4 after week 17]

So Warrior, not only have I disproved you, but I have shown you that KC are getting better. Their 3 losses to good teams were in the first 6 weeks, and the 2 wins against good teams were after the first 6 weeks.

Warrior said:If KC wins, my mind would be blow.

If KC wins, I will not be surprised. I believe they are very capable. Shutting out a playoff team on the road (even though the Texans should have never been in playoffs) is a pretty good defensive effort, while managing 4 TD's and a FG. Leading the 'best defense in the NFL' 29-0 in Denver is also a pretty good offensive effort, while shutting out Denver for 3 quarters.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 15th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:55 Jan15 2016 Post ID: 3399923
Sanzano
+
A couple of shock wins is not good enough you have to produce consistantly in the post season to get to the Super Bowl. It would be nice to see Kansas City back in the Super Bowl though, I think their last appearance was Super Bowl IV in 1970 when Len Dawson was the quarterback, that team had a great defense. I don't think the current team are good enough overall to make it this year. I'm still going with the New England Patriots, Tom Brady is the heir to Joe Montana.

Matt77 Posted: 03:48 Jan15 2016 Post ID: 3399929
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well we'll have to see. It will be very interesting if there are upsets this week.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:25 Jan15 2016 Post ID: 3399940
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt: The Jets and Dolphins beating the Patriots were a fluke. The Jets wanted to play with the big boys one week, and then they lost to the crud Bills the next, which, by the way, made them lose out on making the playoffs. As for the Dolphins, well, the weather was on our side and caused them to be out of breath. I doubt the Pats had played in 70+ degree weather since the end of summer or the start of the football year. lol

Sanzano: I just don't care for Alex Smith. Dude is playing in the NFL for pete sake, and can barely throw the ball more than ten yards. Well he can, he just overthinks it and does otherwise. lol

EDIT: Matt Says (He's having difficult posting):
"Well I still stand by my prediction of a close game. If KC are thrashed, you can say I told you so, but if they win, you know what's coming...

And no idea how good Alex Smith is. All I get to see is what the NFL.com Game Center give me."

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 16th 2016 »
Sanzano Posted: 02:28 Jan18 2016 Post ID: 3400041
Sanzano
+
I don't think much of the Carolina Panthers squandering a 30 point lead in the second half against the Seahawks. They've got no chance of beating Tom Brady and the Patriots if they play like they did in the second half in the Super Bowl.

Warrior13 Posted: 07:52 Jan18 2016 Post ID: 3400046
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
So true. Probably can't even get by the Cards if you do that with the way they're playing.

Super Bowl Pick: New England v. Arizona
Sanzano Posted: 09:50 Jan18 2016 Post ID: 3400050
Sanzano
+
I think I agree with you, another Super Bowl ring for Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:25 Jan18 2016 Post ID: 3400058
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Should be, unless Peyton has some magic left.

Doubt it, though. lol
Sanzano Posted: 01:37 Jan19 2016 Post ID: 3400082
Sanzano
+
Peyton Manning is finished, he's just a shell of the quarterback he once was. He doesn't have the same arm strength he once had for a start. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires during the off-season as he has been terrible this year.

Warrior13 Posted: 11:07 Jan19 2016 Post ID: 3400100
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Sanzano: I know what you mean, but that D might be able to carry them through. They beat New England in November, and though it was with an injured Gronk and no Edelman, Denver's Defense could pull it off again.

Matt Says (Still Having Posting Trouble):

"Warrior - Arizona are in horrible form at the moment. They barely squeezed past Green Bay (they were losing for about half the game). Unless Carolina do a 2nd half collapse for the entire match & Arizona get their offense back to it's best, it should be a Carolina victory.

My predictions for this week:

New England 27-20 (Denver's defense prevents NE from scoring a high amount of points, but their offense only scores two TD's)
Carolina 41-31 (Close game until Arizona throw an interception, resulting in a Carolina Pick 6)"
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close