Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Follow the dark path or use the light
Mobile
go

MMA

Search for a game or topic
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Sanzano Posted: 05:39 Jan13 2016 Post ID: 3399787
Sanzano
Post Likes: 65
+
Does anyone follow MMA? Can Conor McGregor go up in weight in UFC 197 on March 5, 2016 and defeat Rafael dos Anjos to become the first man in MMA history to become a champion in two weight divisions at the same time?

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 10:55 Jan13 2016 Post ID: 3399803
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,018
+
Is that that one Scottish/Irish MMA guy? If so, I think he can do whatever he puts his mind to. The guy is an animal in the ring.
Sanzano Posted: 01:57 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399865
Sanzano
+
Yes, he's definately a bit crazy, he has opponents intimidated before they even step into the octogon. Defeated his last opponent in 13 seconds.

Zelda Fan Posted: 03:41 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399879
Zelda Fan
Post Likes: 3
+
Conor McGregor doesn't stand a chance in hell against RDA. RDA Is a whole different new beast Conor has never fought before. Not only that he has a size advantage over Conor which plays a big role when it comes to mixed martial arts. Conor has proven in the past that he struggles on the ground. RDA will take him down and beat him up. To be honest with you Conor is only getting this title shot because he is Dana Whites cash cow. The guy hasn't even cleaned out the division he is a champion of. He hasn't even defended the title he won yet and all of a sudden he gets a title shot in the next weight class. It's ridiculous and I cannot wait for this hype train to be derailed and Dana White is cashing in before that happens. Conor should clear out his own division before he even thinks about moving up to the next weight class. Frankie Edgar deserves a title shot at Conor. I believe Frankie would cause some major problems for Conor considering his excellent cardio and wrestling. Hell even Conor wants to fight for the welterweight title next or a super fight with Geoeges St. Pierre if he wins the lightweight title. He needs to man up and defend HIS title. Everyone knows you're not a real champion if you cannot successfully defend your title.

gotta love brizilian jiu jutsu!!
Sanzano Posted: 07:53 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399885
Sanzano
+
I agree with you, I think the weight will be too much for him. Besideds I personally don't think Conor's ground game is good as RDA, Frankie Edgar, or Geoeges St. Pierre and Dana White knows it. If Connor goes up a wieght and loses the excuse will be he was fighting out of his wieght and will still retain his status at the lower wieght but if fights Frankie Edgar next and loses Dana White only gets one big money fight out of him instead of two.

Zelda Fan Posted: 19:43 Jan14 2016 Post ID: 3399915
Zelda Fan
+
Dennis you and I talked about this years ago. Dana White is bad for the sport. I said it before I'll say it again. The guy is only out for a quick buck. He only hypes up certain fighters and those certain fighters get special treatment. Conor McGregor is one of them. Ronda Rousey is another. It's all about money for Dana White that's why he made a deal with reebok for the fighters to only wear reebok gear during weigh in, press conferences, and during the fight. Because if this fighters lose a lot of sponsor money. Donald Cerronie wore a patch on his fighting gear that had the American flag on it to support the troops when the UFC was hosting an event for the U.S. troops and rebook fined him for it. Ohhh but Conor McGregor can wear totally different fighting shorts during a fight and management doesn't blink an eye. Not only that Ronda Rousey got knocked out and embarrassed in her last fight and she gets an a immediate rematch as soon as she returns. Jose Aldo was undefeated for 10 years and got caught in his fight against McGregor but he doesn't get a rematch? Now ask yourself why is that? It's because Conor is a cash cow and so is Ronda.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Jan 15th 2016 »

Sanzano Posted: 02:18 Jan15 2016 Post ID: 3399924
Sanzano
+
I though Meisha Tate was fighting Holly Holm on March 5th in UFC 197 with the winner to take on Ronda Rousey? That Dana White is no idiot, he knows there is no interest in a third Meisha Tate fight with Ronda Rousey at the moment but if Tate defeats Holm like I personally think she will it sets up the third bout with Rousey for Tate and also keeps alive the rematch between Rousey and Holmes after Rousey has beaten Tate for a third time. Problem with the rematch between McGregor and Aldo is that Aldo got knocked out in about 7 secods which makes it a hard sell to the general public, if it was a close disputed decision or a great fight Aldo would have a chance on getting the rematch, at the end of the day it's all about getting as much money as possible.

Zelda Fan Posted: 18:04 Jan17 2016 Post ID: 3400010
Zelda Fan
+
That's just it Dennis. McGregor didn't prove he was the better fighter against Aldo. Aldo just got caught, it happens. That's why there needs to be a rematch. Yes you're right Tate is getting a shot at Holm; however once Ronda returns she's getting a shot at who ever is champion. To be honest with you Aldo should get a rematch against McGregor and Ronda shouldn't get one at all. Not until she works her way back up to the top. Let's be honest here, Ronda was completely out classed in every aspect of that fight. It's not like she was winning that fight but just got caught, no not at all. We don't know what could of happen in a longer fight with McGregor and Aldo until we get the rematch. Aldo got caught he wasn't out classed like Rousey.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Jan 17th 2016 »

Sanzano Posted: 02:17 Jan18 2016 Post ID: 3400038
Sanzano
+
Why didn't Rousey take Holm down as soon as possible instead of electing to try and box a woman who is the greatest female boxer that ever lived. I expected that fight to be over in the first round as soon as Rousey took Holm down and used her judo skills to get an arm bar submission. Rousey deserved to lose that fight for trying to out box Holm.

Zelda Fan Posted: 01:47 Jan21 2016 Post ID: 3400204
Zelda Fan
+
Rousey was just to over confident. She needed to be knocked off her pedistial to wake her up. Plus her coach was no help either. He convinced her that she was had the best striking in women's MMA. Not only that he got her on the boxing cover magazine. I guess they believed their own hype.

Sanzano Posted: 02:44 Jan21 2016 Post ID: 3400208
Sanzano
+
Ronda Rousey was even calling out Floyd Mayweather at one point, what a joke that was. Roger Mayweather laughed his **** off when he was asked what would happen if they met in a Boxing ring. Something about she wouldn't be able to land a decent shot let alone beat him.

Zelda Fan Posted: 00:39 Jan22 2016 Post ID: 3400280
Zelda Fan
+
To be honest with you I dislike Mayweather more then Rousey. Sure he's one of the best boxers around but look how he fights? All he does is run and hug. I honesty think Rousey could beat him in a mixed martial arts fight.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Jan 22nd 2016 »

Sanzano Posted: 01:54 Jan22 2016 Post ID: 3400286
Sanzano
+
LOL, I do as well, if she dragged him to the floor it would be over very quickly, probably by arm bar submission.

Zelda Fan Posted: 03:05 Jan23 2016 Post ID: 3400340
Zelda Fan
+
I'd love to see it.

Sanzano Posted: 02:57 Jan25 2016 Post ID: 3400446
Sanzano
+
So would I. Do you know if there is any truth to the urban legend about Ronda Rousey's trainer Gene LeBell fighting with Steven Seagal who crapped his pants when LeBell choked him out? Rumour has it Seagal is not as tough as he likes people to think he is.

Zelda Fan Posted: 03:01 Jan25 2016 Post ID: 3400447
Zelda Fan
+
Lol Seagal is a joke Dennis. Don't even get me started on that; however I never heard about that so I couldn't tell you. I wouldn't doubt it though.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Jan 25th 2016 »

Sanzano Posted: 03:17 Jan25 2016 Post ID: 3400452
Sanzano
+
I read about the incident the other night and LMAO, Seagal claimed beforehand that because of his special training it was impossible to choke him out. I hear a lot of MMA fighters like to keep him aroung their training camps for entertainment. The guy has never had a competitive fight in his life. Jean Claude Van Dame once got fed up of his nonsence at a party at Sylvester Stallones house and offered him out in the garden but Seagal declined. Would love to have seen that one.

Zelda Fan Posted: 03:21 Jan25 2016 Post ID: 3400453
Zelda Fan
+
Apparently Seagal taught Anderson Silva the front kick too. The same front kick Silva used to knock out Vitor Belfort. Which I think is BS because Anderson uses the front kick frequently when he fights. It is funny though. I can see why you would want him at your gym where you train.

Sanzano Posted: 04:46 Feb12 2016 Post ID: 3401798
Sanzano
+
There's talk of Connor McGregor taking on Floyd Mayweather in a hybrid bout of Boxing. Basically Queensbury rules with 4oz MMA gloves. McGregor says he's open for negotiation but as of yet no word from Mayweather, I personally can't see Mayweather wanting to do this even though I think he'd easily handle McGregor with his slick moves and knock him out after a few rounds.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close