Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Keep The Serious Story Going

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Next
CrypticWizard Posted: 14:46 Jul08 2016 Post ID: 3414650
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
Since some of you like the idea of a serious-minded KTSG thread, here is one. I will start the story.

Kathleen stepped out of the cab onto the muddy sidewalk. She paid the driver and watched as the cab drove away. She pulled a business card from her purse and read the address, then looked at the building before her. This was the place.
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 21:47 Jul08 2016 Post ID: 3414670
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
She slowly walked up the white limestone steps towards the creamy-coloured door. There was a surprising amount of fauna surrounding the building; as the area is known for it's 'beautiful' landscape as the council says. Of course it's really an awful place to live. Kathleen knew this more than anyone.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
CrypticWizard Posted: 14:35 Jul09 2016 Post ID: 3414685
CrypticWizard
+
She knocked on the door as she had been instructed--three knocks, a pause, and then two more. Soon, she heard the clicking of the door being unlocked, and then it opened a crack. The face of a grey-haired man in a black suit peered out. "Can I help you?" he asked in a pleasant, but businesslike, tone.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jul 9th 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:19 Jul09 2016 Post ID: 3414709
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Yes" she replied. "I have the delivery for you sir", checking behind her and the surroundings in case she was being watched...or listened to. "Where would you like your vegetables"
"The vegetables will be needed at a later date...however I need the carrot", he added.
Of course these were not vegetables at all. It was all very secretive. Kathleen was very paranoid of them using evidence in court. She did not want to go back there.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

CrypticWizard Posted: 15:59 Jul10 2016 Post ID: 3414736
CrypticWizard
+
The man opened the door a little wider and Kathleen stepped inside, then he closed and locked the door behind her. She set the small brown box on the table and opened it. The man's eyes gleamed as he looked at the fine collection of pristine first-edition books inside Sitting on the top was a carrot-shaped object, which he picked up.
Matt77 Posted: 02:55 Jul11 2016 Post ID: 3414753
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Is this the one?", he asked; his face ready to burst.
"Unfortunately not Clive", Kathleen replied back. "I'm afraid your services are no longer needed. All you've done is contribute to all this sh- no, I'll hold my tongue."
But Clive would not let this slide. He quickly drew out his 9mm pistol from his pocket and pointed it directly at Kathleen's head. He began to shake.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 13th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:36 Jul13 2016 Post ID: 3415034
CrypticWizard
+
"I won't let you take these from me!" Clive growled, shaking with rage. "I've worked too long and hard to have them taken from me!"
Kathleen stood calmly and said nothing. She knew Clive wouldn't shoot her; she was his only link to the books he wanted.
After a moment, Clive lowered his gun, and his shoulders slumped in defeat. "Why?" he asked. "Why get my hopes up like this?"

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jul 13th 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:24 Jul13 2016 Post ID: 3415167
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Well...you see Clive, we are just reminding you who is in control here. You will NEVER have the power you always desired. I have the empire, you have the men. Do your job properly and WAIT YOUR TURN!", she shrieked at Clive.
Kathleen was a nasty one. Always wanting what others couldn't have, and then showing off to those people. She craves to have a position of power on every table. She is also a very good intimidator and couldn't care less about others.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 22:48 Jul13 2016 Post ID: 3415177
CrypticWizard
+
She knocked the box on the floor, scattering the books. "Take the books, if you want them, but don't forget who gave them to you. You take orders from me, over anyone else. Do you understand?"
Clive nodded as he bent to pick up the books. He was grateful that none of them had been damaged. Meanwhile, Kathleen went up the stairs, but did not expect to see what she did when she got to the upper floor.
Matt77 Posted: 01:09 Jul14 2016 Post ID: 3415211
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Mommy!", a little girl yelled, running towards her.
Kathleen froze. She loved her daughter, but had given her to her sister because she was worried she would get hurt while Kathleen dealt with business arrangements. There were some nasty people Kathleen dealt with; much nastier than herself. She didn't care about others, but she cared the world about her daughter.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:53 Jul14 2016 Post ID: 3415318
CrypticWizard
+
Christina was only five, and didn't know what her mother did for a living. But why was she here? Clive did not even know her sister, Patricia, so she would not have been the one that brought Christina here. Or...could it have been Greene?
Matt77 Posted: 20:44 Jul14 2016 Post ID: 3415355
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
This was of course Doctor Greene, Patricia and Christina's family doctor. He was a nice man; very respectful to those he believed deserved respect. He often looked after Christina while Patricia was busy. However Patricia was the one who brought Christina here.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:35 Jul15 2016 Post ID: 3415372
CrypticWizard
+
Dr. Greene must have told Patricia about the place, knowing Kathleen would be there to deal with Clive. Patricia did not know the full extent of Kathleen's business, and would not have brought her daughter here if she had known. She was just glad Christina did not see the exchange between her and Clive.
Matt77 Posted: 00:10 Jul16 2016 Post ID: 3415387
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Kathleen caught sight of her sister. She had dreaded this conversation for a very long time.
"Hey sis", she said, trying to be casual.
Patricia glared her eyes towards Kathleen. Kathleen was always the golden child while Patricia stood to the side getting the harsher treatment from their mother. When Kathleen forced her to take Christina, this added to the hatred she felt towards Kathleen.
"You're pathetic you know", Patricia began. "You're always out doing your business deals taking calls but you can't pick up the damn phone when your daughter needs you most."

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 16th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 22:50 Jul16 2016 Post ID: 3415452
CrypticWizard
+
"But I never got any calls from you," Kathleen said, puzzled.
"I called you six times in the last two hours! I even heard your voice mail. Your voice, and even identifying yourself as Kathy Sinclair."
Kathleen stood in silence. She hadn't gone by the nickname Kathy since the eight grade. And she never used her maiden name Sinclair, even though her husband had died two years ago.
Matt77 Posted: 04:57 Jul17 2016 Post ID: 3415461
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Trish (as Patricia is often called), that's not my voicemail...", Kathleen began before she was cut off by her sister.
"I brought Christina here cause she was really upset about something. She told me there were men in the house looking for me." "You're such a brave girl aren't you", Patricia finished, now down on the floor facing Christina and speaking in a less serious voice.
"Look Kath (as Kathleen is often called by her sister), I know you're dodgy. I know that's why you gave me Christina; to keep her safe. But this has to stop. I can't protect her from this." She pulled out a small piece of paper from her pocket and gave it to Kathleen. "This is what they left."

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:49 Jul20 2016 Post ID: 3416217
CrypticWizard
+
Kathleen unfolded the note. On it was a series of numbers and letters that would be incomprehensible to most people.
"1dbd08f3"
Kathleen understood the code, however, and knew what the message meant. She couldn't tell Patricia, but she now knew that everything was going according to plan.
Matt77 Posted: 02:44 Jul21 2016 Post ID: 3416294
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Kathleen then walked away and left the room, trying her best to not look Christina in the eye. She couldn't deal with it now. She had work to do.
She entered the elevator down the hallway and proceeded up to 12th floor where her office, and work colleagues were at.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 13:38 Jul21 2016 Post ID: 3416343
CrypticWizard
+
This was, of course, her new office, since she had never been to this building before. She also didn't know any of the people in the offices, but that wasn't really an issue. This kind of thing happened a lot in her line of work.
Matt77 Posted: 03:03 Jul22 2016 Post ID: 3416466
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Kathleen worked at a very wealthy and well known company, Dyad Industries. It contained six branches of business; 4 of which were illegal. Kathleen worked in two of these branches; publishing and delivery of novels, which was one of the two legal branches, and then organ sale, an illegal branch. Dyad carefully choose targets who were terrible people and murdered them, then open them up and harvest their organs such as hearts, livers, and kidneys. They then sold these off to clients who were clean and desperately needed a new organ. Their work was indeed illegal, but it was done for the right reasons. Kathleen knew this, this is why she joined them.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 1 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close