Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Keep The Serious Story Going

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
CrypticWizard Posted: 11:56 Jul22 2016 Post ID: 3416533
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
((Congrats on getting Super Mod, Matt!))

Kathleen did not really like the illegal part of her job, but she made sure to send a check to Patricia a check every payday, money that was used for taking of Christina. It was hard not being able to be with her daughter more often, but she made the effort to spend time with her whenever she could. She was jolted out of her thoughts when her desk phone rang. Only five minutes in the new office and she was already getting calls.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jul 22nd 2016 »
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 01:54 Jul23 2016 Post ID: 3416645
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It was a woman asking where she could find love. She also asked when she would find love. This of course was the way clients asked about their new hearts and when they would get their transplant. Kathleen checked in her notepad (nothing illegal was ever left on the online system) and told her the date and place. The woman then hung up. The phone then rang again. But when Kathleen answered, she recognised the voice coming through.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
CrypticWizard Posted: 13:06 Jul23 2016 Post ID: 3416678
CrypticWizard
+
It was Clive, calling her from the ground floor. He sounded smug, saying the "carrot" he had found in the box was actually the one, even though Kathleen had been told it was not. Kathleen sighed--now she knew what Clive was going to do. There was only one way to deal with this.
Matt77 Posted: 23:05 Jul23 2016 Post ID: 3416774
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
She stormed downstairs and smacked Clive across the shoulders and body several times, and then took the "carrot" from him. Too bad she realised this was also a fake and that Clive had hidden the real one.
"Clive goddammit I need that", Kathleen complained.
"Uh uh uh. You are going to let me KEEP THIS THING! Otherwise there are going to be a few more urgent calls not coming your way", he commanded. He then took out what looked like a copy of Kathleen's phone.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

danielroxheaps Posted: 21:53 Jul24 2016 Post ID: 3417023
danielroxheaps
Post Likes: 250
+
Kathleen then pulled out her phone and scrolled through her contact list. "My contacts!" she says, "Give me back my phone, Clive". Kathleen reaches out for her phone but Clive pulls it back. He grabs her other hand and pushes her against the wall, with his elbow over her neck. "This is what will happen. I will let you go. You will leave. You won't tell anybody about this and I won't tell anybody will know about what we did last night. I keep the carrot and you keep your job. Do we have a deal?"

« Last edited by danielroxheaps on Jul 24th 2016 »
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/i...roxheaps
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/use...roxheaps
To find me on any other website just look for the user "danielroxheaps"

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
Matt77 Posted: 03:05 Jul25 2016 Post ID: 3417052
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"OY! OFF TO IT!", came a yell from Julie, Kathleen and Clive's boss. She was tough, and although tough as old boots is a cliche, it was the perfect way to describe Julie. She would not put up with anything going on in her offices that she didn't approve of. Fortunately for Kathleen, was that Julie took a liking towards her the moment she stepped into the new building two days ago. Her and Julie did some legal work downstairs in the basement area in the days leading up to Kathleen's arrival into her new office.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 25th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 13:36 Jul25 2016 Post ID: 3417084
CrypticWizard
+
As Julie approached them, Clive got a worried look in his eyes. She stopped in front of him and held out her hand. Clive hesitated, then reached into his inner suit pocket and withdrew the Carrot(tm) thumb drive. Julie pocketed the drive, then, without a word, turned and headed back toward the elevator. Kathleen retrieved her phone from where Clive had dropped it and followed her, not even glancing in Clive's direction.
danielroxheaps Posted: 17:05 Jul25 2016 Post ID: 3417134
danielroxheaps
+
"Thank you, Julie," Kathleen told her. "Well, I think I have to take some disciplinary action towards him".

Clive walks over to a door. He holds up his thumb and the door opens. He walks over to another door and puts his pinky on the button. He walks in and picks up the real carrot. "Wow Julie, you're not as dumb as you look, you're dumber!"

KingofCorn said:See Matt becomes gay and suddenly there are shitposts everywhere.
CrypticWizard Posted: 20:51 Jul25 2016 Post ID: 3417211
CrypticWizard
+
Julie, of course, knew that Clive hadn't given her real thumb drive, but it was best to let him think she didn't know. The hidden surveillance camera had caught Clive getting the drive. Once she reviewed the security tapes, she would know where the drive was and could easily get it. There were no doors in this building that she could not open.
Matt77 Posted: 05:25 Jul26 2016 Post ID: 3417255
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Clive had worked at Dyad for two years, however in recent weeks Julie found out that Clive was a mole, stealing information from the company. She had suspected a mole for years, and had secretly investigated most of her employees in case they were too. When she found out it was Clive, she carefully planned her moves. She at first brought in an intelligence expert named John in to get involved with Clive. You see Clive's cover is that he is gay when in reality he has a wife living in New Zealand. She then sought to bringing in Kathleen so she would have extra womenpower; for the operation to take down Clive, and for the future. Julie hated most men.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:38 Jul26 2016 Post ID: 3417278
CrypticWizard
+
Unfortunately for Clive, the information on the Carrot drive was in code, a code that Julie had developed and only she knew how to decode it. So although he had some information, he could not sell it to his real employers unless he could break the code. He had tried numerous time to hack Julie's computer but she had safeguard he couldn't get around. But, he thought, maybe he knew someone who could.
danielroxheaps Posted: 18:25 Jul26 2016 Post ID: 3417308
danielroxheaps
+
"Hi, John, it's me, Clive. Yes, I do have the Carrot, but it's in a secret code. You need to hack into Julie Crawford's computer. I will take the carrot now."

Julie watches Clive walk out of the building. Unfortunately, there was no way for Julie to tell what Clive was saying. Julie waits for Clive to leave the secret room. She goes in to where the Carrot was kept. She pulls out an orange USB drive and soon realises it's another fake. "Damn it," she says before smashing the drive on the ground.

Matt77 Posted: 07:54 Jul27 2016 Post ID: 3417455
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"BEN GET ME ON LINE 4 NOW!", she shouted. Ben was the secretary on this floor.
"Oh and Ben can you quickly go and turn my laptop off?", Julie asked, now polite after the yelling.
"Yes ma'am, and line 4 is on", Ben finished. He raced up to her office, knowing when Julie asked for something to be done, it's better to be quick then too late.
On line 4 was Kathleen's phone. Unfortunately Patricia answered as Kathleen was at the park playing with Christina. This was a special moment for them and Patricia did everything she could to delay Julie. But Patricia knew her sister's boss would not take it so she put Kathleen on.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 27th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

danielroxheaps Posted: 21:01 Jul27 2016 Post ID: 3417565
danielroxheaps
+
"Sorry, I'm busy. This will have to wait," Kathleen says. "Kath-!" Julie begins before Kathleen hanging up.

"What do I do?" Julie asks herself. She opens her laptop and turns it back on. She uses her laptop to track Clive's phone. "Darn, he's managed to turn off the tracker". Suddenly, the fire alarm goes off. Julie rushes downstairs and sees her ex-husband, Stuart, with a lighter and a petrol can at his feet, next to Julie's car, which was now on fire.

Matt77 Posted: 09:34 Jul28 2016 Post ID: 3417636
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"You selfish female dog (you all know what work that was, but I'm putting it like that cause swears = bad)! We were happy and now I have firetrucking nothing!", he yelled. Sadly the police had caught up with him again. Stuart had bipolar disease. They were happily married but as the disease progressed it became out of control.
But at the matter of hand, Julie had to find Clive. She called on her best; Scott Camporelly and Wendy Campbell.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 13:03 Jul28 2016 Post ID: 3417658
CrypticWizard
+
((I don't know if these people really exist, so forgive me if I get them wrong))

Scott and Wendy were the best corporate espionage agents at her disposal, and worked for Julie more out of loyalty than their rather considerable weekly paychecks. Scott knew where Clive was going; there was only one person who might be able to break Julie's code. Wendy, of course, would be the one waiting for him when he arrived.
Matt77 Posted: 07:54 Jul29 2016 Post ID: 3417803
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
((They don't))

When Clive arrived at the meeting point, he didn't go inside. Wendy had predicted this so the plan was going well. Clive and the man greeted and then began talks, while Wendy walked out and stood beside them. To her amazement they didn't even see her. Idiots, she thought. She then took out her tazer and got both of the men and took the device from Clive. This one was definitely the real one. However, she took the device out and destroyed it!

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:31 Jul29 2016 Post ID: 3417816
CrypticWizard
+
"Good job, Wendy," Julie said when Wendy reported that the device was destroyed. "I have the only other copy of those files heavily protected on my desktop computer at home. It's not on a network so nobody can hack into it." Wendy and Scott returned to their own office. When they weren't working for Julie, they had another business.
Matt77 Posted: 21:10 Jul29 2016 Post ID: 3417912
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Meanwhile Kathleen was playing with Christina in the park as Patricia watched on. Patricia wanted more than anything for Christina to be safe, but she also wanted her to have a good life. She didn't want Christina to grow up knowing her mother wasn't there for her, so Patricia knew these times were special.
Patricia and her husband had miscarried twice in the same year and were on the verge of divorce before they took custody of Christina. Their marriage was saved, and Patricia knew too well that it was a way of saying sorry. They had a bad relationship as children but it was slowly getting onto better terms.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jul 29th 2016 »

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 13:01 Jul30 2016 Post ID: 3417976
CrypticWizard
+
Patricia had been jealous of Kathleen, because she was an only child for four years until Kathleen was born. Suddenly, she wasn't getting all the attention from her parents anymore. Kathleen had never quite understood why Patricia had been mean to her as children. But now, as mature adults, they were finally starting to grow closer.
Displaying Page 2 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close