Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 105 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 01:49 May15 2018 Post ID: 3444413
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It definitely can though Warrior. NFL players are so precious if they think a 17 week season is too long. I mean, the game doesn't even flow on continuously. There are breaks every 15 seconds. These players will just need to get fitter and suck it up, cause if the NFL want it to happen, it will happen. In most sports around the world they are continuous, and the games go longer. The seasons also go longer. I mean, soccer players have to play around 50 matches in 10 months; sometimes getting only 2-4 days rest inbetween. And about Thursday games it's rare for a team to have more than 3 so it's not like they have them every second week. If the NFL really want they should just scrap TNF and either create Friday or Saturday night football. College football times can be pulled forward an hour or 2 if necessary.

And about the travel time, like Dennis pointed out a while back, there's a new type of plane being built that can travel much faster. For east coast teams it will be minuscule travel time, and for west coast teams I'm sure the NFL can adjust their schedules to make sure the game they have before London is close to the east, so they can just go from one place to another without traveling back home. TNF clearly shows that the NFL are only interested in making money and not protecting the players, so if they want a London team created to increase revenue, it will happen period.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 03:00 May17 2018 Post ID: 3444430
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I have to agree with you Matt, it's going to happen regardless whether the players like it or not. The revenue the NFL will be tapping into coming to Europe will be too much for them to turn down. You also have to consider that the NFL is waning in America, it is a sport on the decline, much like Baseball. There's no way the NFL would miss out on this opportunity to inject some life into a sport that has lost its shine. I personally think the golden years for the NFL were the 80's, that was a magical time to be a football fan, so many great players and colourful teams.

Sanzano Posted: 02:44 May22 2018 Post ID: 3444536
Sanzano
+
What do you make of the NFL rigging scandal? Apparently the Jacksonville Jaguars were told to throw the game against the Patriots in the divisional playoff game this year because it would cost the NFL a substantial amount in lost revenue if the Jaguars reach the Super Bowl and not the Patriots. The NFL commissioner literally admitted it was true and that to promote the NFL it is better if the Patriots who are vastly more popular reached the big game. And he also mentioned that all the time Tom Brady is playing they will do everything in their power to promote his legacy, he referred to him as 'the king'. It was a bizzare press conference to say the least.

When you look at the game in question there's a play right at the end where Fournette is open he just has to make a simple catch and it's a Touchdown and inexplicably he retracts his hands at the last moment so he doesn't catch the ball. I've looked at the pass from several angles and it's definately a catchable pass, maybe a tad underthrown but catchable, put it this way, I'm 49 and I would have been able to catch it no problem. One of the Jacksonville players blew the whistle on the game being rigged and the NFL commissioner expelled him from the NFL the next day. Looks like the NFL is not much better than the WWF, no wonder the game is losing its popularity.

Matt77 Posted: 06:55 May22 2018 Post ID: 3444540
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I googled it and apparently the news story is 4 months old, and was proven to be faked. But I wouldn't be surprised if NFL games are still rigged. That ref celebrating the game-winning TD is still weird, whether or not the story is fake.

And now after more googling and realisation, it's 100% fake. It's a parody and a joke. I mean, one of the refs was called Richard Indabut lol.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happens. I mean, 28-3. Is that even possible?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 07:51 May22 2018 Post ID: 3444541
Sanzano
+
Lol, that explains why I only came across it by accident yesterday. I'd not heard of any of it before then either. Still doesn't answer the question why Fournette didn't catch that ball or at least make an attempt to catch it considering what was on the line. Underthrown or overthrown he had more than enough time to make the adjustment if that was the case. I could have caught that ball no problem...

Matt77 Posted: 10:18 May22 2018 Post ID: 3444542
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Wow...that is awful. I had no idea that messed up play even existed. That is nearly as bad as the New Orleans game-losing missed tackle. That was a perfect ball from Bortles; one that should've put Jacksonville into the Superbowl. There was literally 0 attempt to catch that ball. He was ready to, and then said "Nope, better let the Pats win another one". If he lets say judged the ball drop wrong but still made an effort to catch, it's understandable, but you are definitely right here.

And what about the Julio Jones easy drop in the end-zone right at the end of the divisional round? With Atlanta trailing 10-15, Matt Ryan threw a pass to Julio Jones, and one of the best receivers in the game just lets it slip past his fingers. He was previously on the ground, but he stood back up and had no forceful pressure from any opposition player. 99/100 times an average player would catch that ball. Jones would catch probably 999/1000 of them, and because he didn't, Philly went from one and done to being the fairy tale team of 2018.

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 22nd 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:38 May25 2018 Post ID: 3444556
Sanzano
+
Do you mean this one Matt? This missed catch I can sort of understand what happened, he allowed too much of the ball to land on his chest and bounced off his shoulder pads. He was too complacent about the catch because he knew he killed the coverage. If the cornerback had been closer to him he would have pulled the ball out of the air and not allowed it to drop. Fournettes lack of effort though was disgusting for a professional NFL player being paid millions.

Matt77 Posted: 02:06 May25 2018 Post ID: 3444557
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Nope, the one he screwed up was against Philly. Maybe he isn't such a reliable player after all if he dropped that above one too...

Yeah...Fournette will be getting paid 10 times more than some of the best athletes in Australian sport. It's even more disgusting that 3rd string QBs like Brock Osweiler are getting paid millions to hold a clipboard. Then again, at least they're not diving babies in soccer that get paid millions every MONTH.

Imagine how much cap space a team would have if their above average to elite QB divided their yearly salary by 20. Matt Ryan would be earning probably 20 million less annually, and imagine what a team could do if every player took insane pay cuts to perhaps being payed 500k-1mill every year? There would probably be a few hundred million dollars saved. I think you could lure an elite QB to your team if you offered them a 5-year, 500 million dollar deal.

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 25th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 19:31 May29 2018 Post ID: 3444579
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I was just wondering, some of us do tipping every week for the NFL on here but it's never official. Like it's hard to keep track of who is ahead and by how much. I'm proposing doing NFL tipping next season on an actual tipping site. There's one site I use for tipping in another sport and it's pretty good (http://www.footytips.com.au/home), but we can do any site really. Don't be fooled by the name.

[Moved to other thread]

If at least 2 of you are interested I'll make a proper thread and see whether any non-NFL fans want to do it for the hell of it. Otherwise we'll just stick to the usual.

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 30th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:11 May30 2018 Post ID: 3444581
Sanzano
+
Sounds interesting Matt. What will I have to do exactly?

Matt77 Posted: 03:59 May30 2018 Post ID: 3444582
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
You'd have to sign up to whatever tipping site we decide to use, and every week you'd just pick which teams you think will win each week. On most tipping websites the first game of the week requires tipping the correct team and a winning margin too. Then anyone who wants to tip would form a competition, and the website will automatically create a leaderboard weekly to track your progress compared to others.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 05:30 May30 2018 Post ID: 3444583
Sanzano
+
That sounds good Matt, does it cost anything? If we could get a few of us involved it would make it more entertaining as we'd have our own leaderboard. It would be interesting as well if we had someone who knew nothing about US football involved, I recon their chance of winning the leaderboard at the end of the season would be as good as ours by randomly picking teams as the NFL is pretty evenly balanced these days.

« Last edited by Sanzano on May 30th 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 06:43 May30 2018 Post ID: 3444584
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
As far as I can tell tipping sites cost nothing. Certainly the one I'm on is 100% free of charge.

In terms of tipping against everyone on the site you're right, it's near impossible to win. I look at the people tipping in AFL who are at the top and with the scores they get, the only realistic way to win anything in tipping site-wide is to make sure to tip about 4 upsets every week and just hope. That's where doing a small competition between friends is much better. In my AFL tipping comp with about 10 other people I'm 1st, but in reality there are tens of thousands of people better than me.

Eg it could be:
Me
You
Warrior
Freez
And any others who may want to join for the sake of it

This is what they essentially look like:

« Last edited by Matt77 on May 30th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:44 May30 2018 Post ID: 3444585
Sanzano
+
OK, great Matt. Let's go for it. Hopefully Warrior13 will be in.

FreezShock Posted: 09:32 May30 2018 Post ID: 3444586
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
I think I would be up for that. I probably will suck but I could try haha

MMewtwoEXY might enjoy this as well

« Last edited by FreezShock on May 30th 2018 »

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Sanzano Posted: 09:53 May30 2018 Post ID: 3444587
Sanzano
+
Brilliant, that's three of us at least.

Matt77 Posted: 10:06 May30 2018 Post ID: 3444588
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Cool Freez. I've tagged Mewtwo to this thread too, so hopefully he'll come and give us an answer ;)

Still, it would be sadly incomplete without the Pokemon Master...

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 10:11 May30 2018 Post ID: 3444589
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I've made a proper thread now that we've got minimum 3 participants. This thread returns to normal NFL discussion now.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 18:14 Jun06 2018 Post ID: 3444639
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
"Normal" Discussion...

XD
Matt77 Posted: 22:59 Jun06 2018 Post ID: 3444642
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Normal has a very broad meaning on this site.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 105 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close