Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 107 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 07:46 Jul02 2018 Post ID: 3444959
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Yeah, I read about that, the guy sounds like a creep. These NFL stars earn literally millions of dollars, you'd think they would have the sense to stay out of trouble and make as much money as they can in the few years they will be in the NFL.

Keep hearing about Dez Bryant going to the Redskins, I hope not, it's bad enough having that other Dallas clown Orlando Scandrick on the team. Having the two together would be a cancer in the locker room.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 10:59 Jul02 2018 Post ID: 3444964
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Just be glad Jay Cutler never made it onto their roster lol. Such a greedy man who only cared about his pay cheque.

Speaking of making millions, it's a bit of a tangent I know but there are so many NFL players who end up bankrupt very quickly after retiring. That's crazy. In their career they'll probably earn about 200 million. If I somehow ended up on an NFL roster as a QB and the team told me my salary after my 5 rookie years was $10 million per year, I would politely turn that down and ask for 10% of that so that the team can have extra cap space to help recruit good players or give more money to quality players who deserve it. I mean, with even $1 million the first year I could give my family & friends portions to help them out and also buy something I can invest in like shares or an investment property. Then when year 2 comes around I may buy a nice house and car. Then year 3 comes around and I'd have no idea what to do with it. And there would be even more in later years. And that's assuming I take a 90% pay cut.

Is it me, or are there not a lot of classy players in the NFL? As in not a large majority. Of course there are classy players, but you'd think most would be grateful for the opportunity. Brady fled the ground when they lost the SB and didn't even shake the hand of any player. Cousins was annoyed at Washington because they wouldn't pay him millions on top of his millions. Cutler was greedy too. Winston & Elliot have been involved with incidents/possible incidents. Landry blatantly disrespected the guy who helped him have a career. I could find more examples, but there seems to be a lot of this in the NFL. Maybe it's like you say, with players having little personality. Cause they either have nothing, or too much and become brattish. In a way I'm glad I can't watch NFL.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:51 Jul03 2018 Post ID: 3444966
Sanzano
+
Matt you are absolutely right, I think the problem is they are given too much money at a young age and they don't know how to handle it and it ultimately destroys them. Cousins was greedy, bottom line, how many millions does the guy need to be happy? Like you pointed out there are plenty of other examples like that which just makes you wonder what planet these people come from.

The one that made me laugh was Floyd Mayweather being offered 12 million dollars by HBO for six fights and he called it a 'slave' contract. He got 100 million for the McGregar circus fight recently and he's still not happy.

Sanzano Posted: 05:32 Jul04 2018 Post ID: 3444993
Sanzano
+
I see the NFL 2019 mock drafts have begun and Miami are a lot of peoples choice to get the number 1 pick. It won't surprise you Matt that everyone is picking them to select a quarterback and the name that keeps coming up is Shea Patterson of Michigan.

Matt77 Posted: 09:35 Jul04 2018 Post ID: 3444995
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think it's a ridiculous prediction for people to come up with based on Miami's talent, but this season's going to be so even. It's tough to pick who will be bottom. Still, if Miami do finish with the worst record it means Tannehill has failed and thus Miami will and can move on from him with the first pick, and if they don't get a good pick it means he's gone ok and there may not be a desperate need for a QB.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 01:33 Jul05 2018 Post ID: 3445003
Sanzano
+
I've got a feeling the Dolphins have already made up their mind and are going to get their franchise quarterback in the 2019 draft, they probably would have picked one up in this years draft but they would have had to have given up too much to move up to get one of the big four.

Bottom line is Tannenhill is an average quarterback at best, and at the end of the day the Miami Dolphins is a business and for it to succeed it needs the best players it can get and if the franchise feels their is one available in the 2019 draft and they are in a position to get him they will grab him. There is no sentiment in the NFL. You also have to remember that this is the franchise that had Dan Marino who was the Tom Brady of his era so whoever gets the job is in a huge shadow which they are not going to escape from until they win a Super Bowl.

Warrior13 Posted: 21:26 Jul24 2018 Post ID: 3445304
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Been reading some Rookie Forecasts. Gesicki was named as the highest chance of a bust for the Phins. I know the dude can't block, but he is a freak athlete. I'm sure the coaching staff will get him ready. I don't think he can be the next Gronk, but his combine numbers do show he has extreme potential.
Sanzano Posted: 10:05 Aug01 2018 Post ID: 3445385
Sanzano
+
Who do you think will be the standout rookie of the year? Alvin Kamara won the award for the Saints in 2017. I'm hoping it's Derrius Guice, I'm hearing good things coming out of the Redskins training camp.

What's happening with Darnold? I hear he's third on the Jets Quarterback roster after missing training camp over a contract dispute. Not a good start for such a heralded rookie.

Matt77 Posted: 00:00 Aug02 2018 Post ID: 3445388
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Logically, it should be Barkley since he's the best player in the last draft and is a talent we haven't seen in a while. That said it's often a surprise player who wins it.

Darnold was always going to be the 2nd or 3rd QB this season. Why keep on McCown and bring in Bridgewater if this wasn't the plan? That said, missing training camp means he won't be ready to play if unforeseen QB injuries happen in the first few weeks.

I don't often read up about Miami cause there isn't much info around this time of the year, but from what I have seen, there is a lot of optimism in training camp. Tannehill is playing pain-free despite 5 sessions and has only thrown one INT all camp. It's also the first time in a number of years that Miami will have a fully healthy o-line come week 1. This is certainly going to be a season where Miami will be out to prove the doubters wrong, since they've been given 1 primetime game only (@ Houston) and sixteen 1pm games. I must say, with Kenyan Drake and Frank Gore running the ball, it really balances out the offense, and we both know how important the running game is to take pressure off the QB. In the weak AFC Miami are a sneaky playoffs chance.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:38 Aug02 2018 Post ID: 3445389
Sanzano
+
Lol, Matt, it makes me laugh reading all the team training reports from around the league. You'd think every team was a Super Bowl condenter with the optimism they are showing. The stark reality is most of them including Miami and Washington are going to struggle this year regardless what you read.

I see Dez Bryant has been spotted in New England, I wonder if that is where he is going to end up. I don't know what all the fuss is about, from what I have seen he is a player on the decline, Dallas wouldn't have got rid of him otherwise.

Matt77 Posted: 04:59 Aug02 2018 Post ID: 3445390
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I don't think it's stark reality. Yes it's probable, but there are good cases against. In both main Australian sports this year several teams predicted to be in contention for worst team in the league, surprised everyone and are going really well. There have to be some surprise packs this NFL season, just like there will be some overhyped flops. Looking back just a few years, both Miami are Washington played in the playoffs (albeit in different years) and had 10-6 and 9-7 seasons respectively. There's no reason why they can't get back to their best form.

2 seasons ago Jacksonville were the laughing stock of the NFL alongside LA Rams. Look how quickly they improved. New Orleans and Minnesota made huge leaps too.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:54 Aug06 2018 Post ID: 3445411
Sanzano
+
Talking about Minnesota, what did you make of Kirk Cousin 7 on 7 practice the other day at the Viking training camp. Cousins threw six passes for six Touchdowns. I bet there are a few concerned teams that are hoping for a Super Bowl appearance next February that were worried when the footage was released. Not exactly a real game I know but it does tell you he is getting an understanding with his new recievers and picking up the Viking system.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Aug 6th 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 04:44 Aug06 2018 Post ID: 3445416
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The classic with Kirk, and what I'm 100% sure you're aware of, is that he doesn't perform in big games and big moments. This was a chilled practice session with no pressure if he missed a pass or threw an INT. If anything it's worse for him cause it gives him a false sense of security. We know he has the talent and this is a perfect opportunity for him to thrive, but if he remains an average-above average QB, that is what he'll be his entire career. He must make the step up this season or it will never happen.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:57 Aug07 2018 Post ID: 3445426
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Vikings won't be any better than last year. I don't even know if they can win their division now that the Packers actually have some defensive backs.
Sanzano Posted: 01:35 Aug08 2018 Post ID: 3445427
Sanzano
+
Like Matt77 said Cousins during his time as a Redskin made bad decision after bad decision in pressure must win games so I don't think that will suddenly change now that he is in a Vikings uniform. I agree with Warrior13, the Vikings are going nowhere this season, especially if Aaron Rogers returns on form and the Packers have a decent secondary. I have a feeling that once the Vikings start to crumble down the stretch and Cousins is blamed for their demise he'll be looking for another club within three years when the Minnesota management realise he is not their savior.

I see their is talk of Odel Beckham Jnr going to the Cleveland Browns if the NY Giants don't sort out his contract.

Matt77 Posted: 03:23 Aug08 2018 Post ID: 3445429
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If I were NYG I would offload Beckham for something good in return. He's got to be one of the most brattish players in the NFL. Is he really the guy they want mentoring younger guys?

I agree about Minnesota. If New Orleans understood that tackling the air does not accomplish anything, Minnesota would've been one and done after coughing up a 17-0 HT lead, and the headlines would've been critising Minnesota's choke. In the same way that Philly will have to battle to win the division; they would've been one and done if Julio Jones hadn't forgot how to catch a ball. Lets also remember how Minnesota were destroyed in the NFL Championship game 7-38 after leading 7-0.

Speaking of Philly, there are rumors that Wentz will play in the pre-season. This is just crazy. He shouldn't even be playing in week 1. He had a standard ACL tear which is one of the worst injuries in sport, and the average recovery time is 12 months, not 8. If Wentz tears another one cause of being played too early, it may be career-ending. They simply MUST play Foles (a SuperBowl winner and MVP) for as long as Wentz needs to fully recover.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 06:01 Aug08 2018 Post ID: 3445430
Sanzano
+
I heard those rumors too. I can only assume if they are rushing Wentz back like that the Eagles have a suiter for Foles. It makes no sense otherwise, Foles has proven he is more than capable of leading the Eagles to a Super Bowl so why risk Wentz? At this stage of the year all the teams have their starting Quarterback in place and are ready for the preseason so I don't know what the Eagles are doing, like I said before it makes no sense.

Matt77 Posted: 06:30 Aug08 2018 Post ID: 3445431
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Then again, Minnesota threw away Case Keenum after he lead them on a successful campaign, and the NFL is just a business. Like you say, maybe they are going to offload him to the first club that comes begging, assuming unforeseen injuries happen to a QB at another club. If they play Foles in the first few weeks and he plays ordinary football, it's going to lower his value considerably. After all, the most recent memories were him beating the GOAT.

Pre-season starts tomorrow I think, or the next day. I quickly learned that those results mean nothing, but I'll be interested to see how Mayfeld, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, & Jackson go if they get starts. Lamar Jackson played in some week 0 pre-season game (whatever that means) and went 4/10 for 33 yards, a TD and an INT.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:58 Aug08 2018 Post ID: 3445433
Sanzano
+
Yes, the preseason literally does mean nothing. Established starters are rested, it's just four games to let the coaches see see how their schemes and players react in an NFL situation. It also gives players the chance to secure starting jobs if they are in the balance going into preseason.

You are dead right about the value of Foles dropping if he starts for the Eagles and looks less than spectacular. That's a good call, I didn't think of that. I definately get the feeling the Eagles will offload Foles as soon as another team comes knocking with big bucks.

Sanzano Posted: 08:06 Aug10 2018 Post ID: 3445454
Sanzano
+
Preseason started yesterday evening in the US and gave us a quick glimpse of a couple of players that could end up being superstars in the NFL. Barkley looks dangerous everytime he touches a ball and Mayfield is already looking comfortable in the pocket throwing for two scores.

Guice is already injured, I have a feeling it's going to be another long year for Washington.

Displaying Page 107 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close