Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 126 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 21:50 Nov18 2018 Post ID: 3446403
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Gut feeling. Plus you said to go with home teams when in doubt. XD
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 22:28 Nov18 2018 Post ID: 3446404
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I think that's an excuse to avoid the fact you were wrong about Chicago ViolinViolinViolin

Lol. Chicago need to only go 2-4 to disprove you ViolinViolinViolin

Anyways, congrats for winning the tipping competition.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 18th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 22:32 Nov18 2018 Post ID: 3446405
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
In my defense, the Bears did not look like this even just a few weeks ago when they lost to the Dolphins. On top of that, the NFC North is surprisingly horrible this year. If the Vikings, Packers and Lions played as good as their rosters look, we all know the Bears would have a hard time winning eight games.
Matt77 Posted: 00:43 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446406
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Chicago have already lost to Green Bay, and they destroyed Detroit 34-22 (34-10 before garbage time). I admit (obviously, since I tipped them) I thought Minnesota should've won here based on their offense, but there's not much you can say against Chicago. Apart from that disgraceful Miami loss, their 2 other losses have been Green Bay (were leading 20-0 in that game) and New England (the hail mary fell 1-yard short, which would've sent the game into OT).

Realistically, if all 3 of those teams played as the teams they should be, Chicago would be 6-4 right now.

Before the season I was a doubter like you, and couldn't stand people that were raving about Chicago. But it only took a few weeks to see that they were a different team.

Admit it Lonely Master. You (have probably) got this one wrong ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Matt77 Posted: 00:48 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446407
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Double posting because I am so, so confused.

How did Jacksonville turn from the undisputed best team in the AFC South, to the undisputed worst??? Yes Fournette getting injured hurt, but the defense has been disgraceful. Don't blame Bortles; he played very well last week against Indy and they still lost. It's similar to how Oakland and Dallas fell off a cliff. Geez, Jacksonville were a Fournette catch away from making last season's SB and started the season 3-1, and now they're 3-7?!?!?!

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 19th 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 02:08 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446408
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Chicago have to be the most improved team in the NFL, they were everyone's whipping boy a couple of years back, now they are looking like outside bet Super Bowl contentders with their defense. Minnesota can't be happy with Kirk Cousins, he was brought in this year to get them to the Super Bowl, that's not happening.

Who is going to replace Alex Smith, I don't think he will be coming back to the NFL at his age after a broken leg, I remember the same thing happened to Joe Thiesmann in 1985. What is chilling is that it happened 33 years ago EXACTLY to the day.

Who do you think out of the quarterbacks the Redskins are trying out this week will replace him:

Sam Bradford
E.J. Manuel
Paxton Lynch
Matt Moore
Josh Johnson
Colin Kaepernick

A horrible bunch...

Matt77 Posted: 02:28 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446409
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Dennis, what is even more chilling is that there have been only 53 NFL games that have ended with the scoreline 23-21. Today Houston won 23-21. 33 years ago the match that Thiesmann broke his leg in finished 23-21.

Matt Moore??? Didn't he retire? I actually don't know cause I couldn't find any info about it, but I just assumed he did. If he didn't, pick him up ASAP. He's not a bad player at all. If I'm correct and he has, I'd say EJ Manuel is the safest pick. I think Bradford is definitely the better QB, but he demands money and is injury prone. I'd also say Kaepernick is worth looking into, but there is a 0% chance he will play in the NFL again so that won't happen.
tl;dr - If available they should take Moore, if not imo they should take Kaepernick but they won't, so in the end taking EJ Manuel will probably happen.

Really Washington just need any backup. I think Colt McCoy will do fine. How many times throughout history have we seen QBs get injured and get replaced by the backup who knows the system, and that backup comes in and has success? Matt Moore came in a few years ago for Tannehill and got Miami a crucial win @ Arizona, and then wins against NY Jets and Buffalo to qualify for playoffs. Potentially this is what McCoy can do. And, it gives Washington a chance to see whether he will be a backup, or whether he can permanently become the starter one day.

This definitely means Washington need a QB next season. Their best bet is probably through the draft, but if I was Washington I would ship their 1st round pick and Adrian Peterson to Oakland in exchange for Derek Carr. The vision from Oakland's game is damning for Carr and Gruden's relationship. They clearly don't like each other but are just getting on with it. That way Washington can draft a WR or two and will have a team capable of contending for the Superbowl. Oakland would like it too, since they get another draft pick, and a future HOFer to give guidance to the younger players who come in.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 03:40 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446410
Sanzano
+
I actually quite like the sound of that Matt, I think Gruden would too. I wonder if anyone else over in the states has thought of that.

The reason Adrian Peterson is doing so poorly is due to Smiths weak arm and short gain game, what was happening was the defenses where stacking the area around the line blocking the running lanes. I don't like Kapernick or whatever his name is but one thing he does possess is a cannon for an arm which would stretch the defense giving Peterson space to work. Kapernick would be more trouble that what he is worth though which makes your Derek Carr trade the better option. You watch though, Washington will probably screw things up.

Adrian Peterson won't be at Washington next year, he'll want a truck load of money and the Redskins will have Derius Guice ready.

Matt77 Posted: 06:33 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446411
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I just realised too. A trade between Washington and Oakland would go very, very smoothly. The coaches are brothers! That is, if Jay Gruden isn't fired.

This coming draft is stacked with defensive talent, but at the same time there are going to be tonnes of movements in free agency. These are just some of the possible QBs who could be/will be on the move:
Ryan Tannehill
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Jacoby Brisett
Blake Bortles
Derek Carr
Case Keenum
Nick Foles
Teddy Bridgewater
Jamieis Winston
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Sam Bradford
CJ Beathard
Nick Mullens
Colin Kaepernick

Everyone talked about last draft being the big QB draft, and this is going to be the big QB trade period. QB needy teams that don't have a top 10 pick may be best to grab one of these options.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 07:32 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446412
Sanzano
+
Not much to pick from out of that lot. Washington would probably be better trying to poach an established quarterback who is not happy with their current team. Aaron Rogers would do or maybe Matthew Stafford could be coaxed into leaving the Lions. Failing that they need to trade up so they get a higher pick in the draft and get the best available quarterback.

The Alex Smith injury is getting wierder. It's also the exact same two bones Joe Thiesman broke all those years ago when Lawrence Taylor sacked him.

Matt77 Posted: 07:58 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446413
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'm pretty sure Rodgers and Stafford are contracted for a while. And I agree, Washington need to start from scratch. The problem is that they somehow need to jump ahead of one of Oakland, NY Giants, and Miami. And if Miami get suspicious and think Washington will try trading up, they will do so themselves and leave Washington with the 4th best QB. Because of this, I think their best bet is to stockpile 2020 picks and trade up in that draft. I didn't realise, but Smith is on his 1st year of a 4-year deal. If Washington are lucky he may be able to make a recovery and play again.

Here in Australia a few years ago a player had an injury basically identical to Smith's, and was back playing in about 10 months. With the medical advancements in America, Smith could potentially have a slightly quicker recovery and be back to begin the 2019/20 season.

Woah. Aaron Rodgers is 34! I didn't know that. The future looks very grim for Green Bay... DeShone Kizer is an ultimate bust, so they'll need a QB very soon. No way Washington should get him even if he's somehow available.

In theory, teams that will be looking for a QB in 2020 would be New England, Denver, Washington, and Tampa Bay. Maybe Cincy and Green Bay will be too, but it's probably just the first 4. By that stage Washington would be in a better position to pick one.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 08:52 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446414
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Matt, you going to tie me tonight? ;)

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 19th 2018 »
Matt77 Posted: 10:25 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446415
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Potentially. Well, I hope. If I get the tip wrong, or we both tip the same, the battle for 1st place is basically over... I was initially going to tip KC just, but with it now being a real LA Rams home game, I went with them cause of "when in doubt go with the home team".

I will still be battling hard for 2nd place though. I don't want to lose!!! You hear that Dennis, it's game on!!!

Dennis, since we both wanted playoffs tipping, we can continue tipping in playoffs to decide who wins 2nd place, if you wish. Warrior you can join us if you wish, but (assuming you win) it wont affect your final placing.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 11:11 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446419
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If I win the regular season by more than ten games, I wouldnt mind picking the playoffs as apart of our current tipping.
Sanzano Posted: 13:34 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446420
Sanzano
+
I?m quite happy to tip all the way to the Super Bowl, a golden opportunity was lost this weekend, we could have made some serious ground on Warrio13 if we had of got those games right.

Chicago to beat Minnesota, what happened there? Cousins is putting up big numbers but not getting the important wins, sounds familiar, that?s why Washington got rid of him.

Alex Smith?s career as a NFL quarterback is over, he?ll be too old and he?ll never be 100% again. Thiesman never played another down neither.

Warrior13 Posted: 15:32 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446421
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Carolina should've won, at the very least sent it into overtime and had a shot at winning. No reason to go for two (and lose) and not send it into overtime.

Arizona should've won as well. They were up one. All they had to do was get two first downs to win the game. You can't do that with David Johnson? Are you kidding me? And they you go an let Oakland go 70 yards down the field? Again, are you kidding me?

Chargers should've won too. Just like Arizona... You can't stop Denver, one of the worst offenses this year, on won last drive? Instead, they gave up seventy yards in like tow minutes... What?!?

The Packers and Falcons also should've won, but their defenses are just too down right terrible to do anything this year (the Falcons because of injuries).

All three of us should be like 10-2 right now. This week has been unbelievable. Next week will obviously be better.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 19th 2018 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:00 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446437
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The Carolina kicker missed a PAT and a FG that day, so their theory was it's better to go for the win and lose by a missed 2-pointer than lose by a PAT to tie. Still, I agree. You have to take the underdog Lions to overtime.

That was probably an Arizona tank. I'm sure they want the 1st pick in the draft. Arizona are 0-8 against teams not named San Francisco.

Yep LA Chargers choked, but the big play was earlier on. LAC had a 19-7 lead (yes, a 12-point lead, AT HOME, against Denver of all teams) and were in FG range. Rivers threw a pick that was returned 42 yards, and Denver scored a few plays later. I legitimately thought they would win their division, but that disgraceful loss cooks those chances.

Atlanta's D did ok by conceding 22 points only. It was the offense that didn't do enough. C'mon, Tennessee torched Dallas for 4TDs @ Dallas, and you can't even put up 20 at home??? Horrific loss, and if gift wraps Dallas the NFC East. All they have to do is beat a beat-up Washington team, at home.

I was really unlucky too with that Washington tip. They actually got the lead back 21-20. but their defense couldn't hold up, and gave up 2 FG drives (the later was missed). I guess my luck ran out.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Damn. We all tipped LA Rams. They are leading 40-30 and have possession, in the 3rd quarter. After it was neck and neck, LAR got an pick-6 and forced only KC's 2nd punt of the game (LA Rams have 1 punt).

They had to punt, and KC got 2 consecutive TDs to lead 44-40. But then LAR got one to lead 47-44. Now KC just survived a 4th and 2 and have possession at LA 39. Now at LA 23. LA Rams have no timeouts left, and KC have 3!

And we have a 50-burger!

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 23:41 Nov19 2018 Post ID: 3446444
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The first game in history where both teams scored 50, ends 54-51 to LA Rams! Mahomes threw INTs on both of their last desperation drives.

It had 10 passing TDs, 1 pick-6, 2 fumble-6s, and 7 turnovers. Goff throwing no INTs was the difference.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:24 Nov20 2018 Post ID: 3446446
Sanzano
+
subhi9009 said:customer care helpline number+1-833-272-0777 .............call them
That's right, it could go either way, the Dolphin's 1970 no name defense were no slouches either, they played great as a unit. I've only ever seen DVDs of that Dolphin team which to be truthful is really only highlights while I remember watching whole games of the 85 Bears and their march to the Super Bowl and like everyone else at the time being in awe. You knew they were a special team when they reached the playoffs at 15-1 and did not concede a single point until they destroyed the Patriots in the Super Bowl itself. It's a shame the team was torn apart the following season with key players leaving otherwise that team would have been a dynasty.

The 85 Bears were awesome on Defense, they only had an above average offense though mainly because of Walter Payton. I remember watching those games as a teenager and thinking this team is going to dominate for years but they turned out to be a one season wonder. The following year belonged to Lawrence Taylor and the 86 Giants who were also great on defense.

Niether the Rams, Chiefs or Saints would be able to live with those two teams of the 80's, they would be smashed to pieces. Football today is like flag football compared to yesteryear.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 20th 2018 »

Sanzano Posted: 01:36 Nov20 2018 Post ID: 3446447
Sanzano
+
54-51 with over 1,000 yards, don't often see that. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I saw stats like that. Kansas City lost that game because Mahomes gifted the Rams 21 points with turnovers.

I see the Redskins have signed Mark Sanchez, the guy hasn't thrown a ball in the NFL in over a year. I can see why they chose him though, he's got ties with the Redskins coaching staff from stints he's had around the league in his five previous teams. One of which is the Dallas Cowboys who the Redskins play on Thanksgiving. I hope it's just a short term option until something can be sorted out during the offseason as there is a reason Sanchez has played in five different NFL teams.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 20th 2018 »

Displaying Page 126 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close