Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 127 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 01:48 Nov20 2018 Post ID: 3446448
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
KC just didn't have any star power on defense. Even though they allowed 51 points, the LA Rams defense came up with some huge plays.

I like that signing. I mean, he took NY Jets of all teams to 2 consecutive AFC Championship games. He's also an option if Washington hold on to make playoffs, since he has a 4-2 record in playoffs. He'll almost certainly be a short-term option, don't worry.

I read today that Alex Smith's recovery time is expected to be 6-8 months. If he takes 8 months, he'll be fit 3 weeks before pre-season starts. The guy who had the same injury 33 years ago had the bone pierce through the skin, and that caused infection issues. That was why he never played again. Don't worry, Smith will play again.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
geremyme909 Posted: 06:04 Nov20 2018 Post ID: 3446449
geremyme909
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
customer care helpline number +1 833-272--0777 .................call them
They would've been the greatest of all time if they had beaten those depleted Dolphins of that year. It was almost as bad as the Patriots going 18-0 to lose to the Wild Card Giants of that year in the Super Bowl. But I guess you can truly never win all the time, unless, again, you were the 72 Dolphins. XD
Sanzano Posted: 07:50 Nov20 2018 Post ID: 3446452
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
The 73 Dolphins only had a 14 week season so I don't look upon that as the perfect season any more. The nearest anyone has come was the 84 49rs who where 15-1, the loss coming via a Pittsburgh field goal in the final seconds of the game. That was a great San Francisco team, Joe Montana, Dwight Clark, Jerry Rice, and Ronnie Lott to name a few of them.

I personally think they were better than the 85 Bears, that Chicago team had one major weakness that Miami and Marino was able to capitalise on and that was although the defense was great the 85 Bears weren't too great at covering speedy recievers and Miami had two in Mark Duper and Mark Clayton. The 84 49rs were the complete package, offense, defense and special teams and not to forget the better coach in Bill Walsh.

Matt77 Posted: 09:09 Nov20 2018 Post ID: 3446453
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Technically NE were perfect in the regular season with 16-0, but lost in the SB by choking a 14-3 lead in the 4th quarter to the #6 seed Giants, as the member/bot said. I think Miami's perfect season is acceptable, since they only played 2 less games. It's just so difficult to have a perfect season, and i doubt it will happen anytime soon. Carolina were close when they were 14-0, but finished 17-2. What is amazing when you consider I said 19-0 is hard, is that in the EPL Arsenal played all 40 matches without a single defeat.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Sanzano Posted: 10:22 Nov20 2018 Post ID: 3446454
Sanzano
+
Although Arsenal didn't suffer a defeat at least three of those games were draws. If I remember rightly one of them was against Accrington. How they managed to draw against the Invincibles is a mystery.

Matt, are you sure geremyme909 and subhi9009 are bots? I didn't realise A.I. was that clever, it literally knows its NFL history and has an opinion.

Miami's perfect season in 73 is largely due to their rushing attack and the no-name defense. What makes me laugh about the Miami fullback Larry Csonka is in one game he picked up an unnecessary roughness foul when a defender tried to tackle him. Literally punched the poor guy in the head with a right hand. It still makes me laugh when I see the footage.

Warrior13 Posted: 19:41 Nov20 2018 Post ID: 3446463
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
95 NFL Games left. If ya gonna catch up, now is the time.
Matt77 Posted: 00:37 Nov21 2018 Post ID: 3446467
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I think they are a bot. Or maybe not a bot, but at least purposely advertising. Sometimes the bots/advertising ppl copy entire posts or part of posts from other members. The XD suggests this could have easily been one of Warrior's old posts. Apologies to that member if they are in fact a real member.

There are anomalies Dennis. I mean, Wigan Athletic (League One) beat Man City last season. That's what makes a perfect season so insane, no matter whether some were draws. To not have a mental lapse at all in an entire season is amazing. You look at the big 3 this season, and all have had at least 1 loss. New Orleans look unstoppable right now, but their week 1 slip up was all it took.

Warrior, we all know you've won this competition. You'd have to have the biggest choke in history to give up your lead. Ok, maybe not that bad, but you of all people will not let that happen. Dennis made too many crucial mistakes with not knowing all the information before tipping, and I made too many 'gut feeling' picks. I mean, Oakland over Seattle? NY Giants over Washington? I was way too inconsistent.

I had a look, and last season Warrior you beat me by just 4. It was as close as 2 in previous weeks.

Next season (I assume we'll do this again) I will be more conservative. I was too conscious of you and thinking 'I need to be bold to catch him'. I instead needed to wait and do my own thing. In 2017/18 when we loosely did tipping, I actually finished close to you. I can do it, if I play my cards right...

I tipped 9 home teams and 5 road teams. I'd say 2 were upsets, but I couldn't see cause the betting prices wouldn't show. I was really, really tempted to pick Miami @ Indy, but I listened to reason.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 21st 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 03:42 Nov21 2018 Post ID: 3446468
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Um... Are there not 15 games this week? lol
Matt77 Posted: 05:39 Nov21 2018 Post ID: 3446475
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
There are. And I counted 15...let me re-check...

Yes. 9 home teams and 6 away teams.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:51 Nov21 2018 Post ID: 3446478
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I'm presently going with 10 home and 5 road teams. Might switch my 49ers/Bucs pick though.

Hoping to go undefeated with the Thanksgiving Games. Chicago is the one that scares me right now since Trubisky is day-to-day with a shoulder injury.
Matt77 Posted: 20:35 Nov21 2018 Post ID: 3446488
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Ok buddy, we get it. You're a bot that copies people's old posts, just like you did with one of mine from 2014. No one's gonna call your number... But then again, you can't understand what I'm saying...

So there you go Dennis. This is what bots can do these days.

-----------------------------------------

Trubisky is out, and Chase Daniel will start tomorrow. I was going to change to Detroit, but I think Chicago's D can do enough. After all, Detroit are hot and cold.

Watch this space. Warrior, your Chicago no better than 8-8 prediction may come true after all. Tannehill mysteriously didn't play all those weeks ago because of a 'shoulder injury' that lasted ages. If something similar is going to happen here with Trubisky, their season could be over. Their schedule is:
@ Detroit
@ NY Giants
LA Rams
Green Bay
@ San Francisco
@ Minnesota
If Trubisky is out for longer than the 1 week, it could jeopardise that NY Giants game. Suddenly 2 games that were certain wins are now questionable. Pre-injury I would've said Chicago go 4-2 and finish with an 11-5 record and the NFC North title. But if they lose these next 2 games, they'll go 2-4 and have a 9-7 record, which may not be enough for the division. And if that is the case, 9-7 isn't good enough fora wildcard spot in the NFC. That Green Bay game is also questionable anyway, and if Trubisky isn't back for that one, then their playoff chances are cooked.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:34 Nov21 2018 Post ID: 3446489
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I agree. Chicago's Defense should be able to handle Detroit, at least for Daniels to sneak by with a win. They might be able to win against the Giants as well, but that would be it. There is no way the Bears beat the the Rams or the Packers without Trubisky. Probably San Fran as well, but definitely not the Vikings. That would be 3-3 imo as the best outcome without Trubisky. (Still could be worse.)

Even by going 3-3, they would finish 10-6. Oddly enough, I might add, if the Packers somehow find Rodgers Magic and win out, they would be 10-5-1, exactly .5 games ahead of Bears if it could happen. The Bears NEED Trubisky back.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Nov 21st 2018 »
Matt77 Posted: 22:42 Nov21 2018 Post ID: 3446490
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The Packers have Rodgers Magic. 19 touchdowns and 1 pick. He needs his teammates and coaches to stand up. That could easily happen though. Like with NE, do NOT write off Green Bay until they are mathematically eliminated. Remember 2 seasons ago when they were 4-6? After that period, they were 6-0 and then beat NY Giants and Dallas in the playoffs. As horrifying as it is, your scenario is a definite possibility. The hope is that Minnesota eliminate them this week.

Watch out for the Giants though. Eli has saved his career in recent weeks with seriously impressive play (even if it was against disgusting Ds). I forget a lot, but Barkley is in that team and makes it a heck of a lot better. If Chicago lose tomorrow and Trubisky isn't back for @ NYG, that could potentially be a loss too. Heck, San Francisco even have a habit of sticking around with good teams.

Or alternatively, Detroit win 7 in a row to finish 10-6 and win the NFC North.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 21st 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:38 Nov22 2018 Post ID: 3446491
Sanzano
+
I feel a bit of a moron now having a conversation with a computer. I thought it was a real person.

Washington vs. Dallas tonight, should be a formality for the Cowboys who are hot at the moment with Ezekiel Elliott, who has rushed for 391 yards from scrimmage with 3 touchdowns the past two weeks in AWAY wins against Atlanta and Philadelphia. Tonights Thanksgiving game is in Dallas so you have to give them the edge. A couple of interesting things to keep in mind though, the Cowboys have failed to cover its past seven Thanksgiving Day NFL games, including four outright losses and the last time they faced Colt McCoy as a starter he beat them. Another thing to keep in mind, Dallas are good when Elliott is picking up yardage, as soon as he gets stuffed and they have to rely on Dak Prescott they struggle badly.

Chicago vs Detroit is trickier, I didn't realise Trubisky wasn't playing. I may have to reaccess that one.

Matt77 Posted: 01:56 Nov22 2018 Post ID: 3446492
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It's alright. Technically you were having a conversation with Warrior, but your response was just VERY late. I'm pretty sure it copied an old post of Warrior's.

Interestingly enough, Elliot's rushing numbers have drastically increased as soon as Amari Cooper joined the team. Last time Dallas played Washington he got stuffed, but there was no Cooper. The Washington defense as you say, must stop Elliot. Colt McCoy might be able to match Dak if that happens.

I actually was tempted to pick Washington, but I need to start tipping more conservatively. When Colt McCoy entered last week's game they were trailing 7-17, and for the rest of the game they outscored Houston 14-6. One thing with him is that we should be seeing conservative play similar to Alex Smith. There's no reason why they can't at least compete with Dallas.

Let's also remember that 3 weeks ago Dallas were at home, in primetime, versus the underdog Titans. Dallas choked a 7-0 lead to lose 14-28. Now, Dallas are at home, in primetime, versus the underdog Redskins.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Nov 22nd 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:17 Nov22 2018 Post ID: 3446499
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well... The three of us are going to win all the Thanksgiving Games... lol
Matt77 Posted: 22:09 Nov22 2018 Post ID: 3446500
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Chase Daniels was as productive as Trubisky has been this season with 27/37 for 230 yards, 2TDs and 0INTs, including both of those TDs being in the last quarter when trailing 9-13. In no way am I saying he will keep the job, but other teams should keep an eye on him.

Poor Washington's season is over. I know they're still tied for the division, but the Dallas from 2016-17 has returned. They are certainties to win the NFC East. Elliot torched the run D, Dak threw 0INTs, and McCoy threw 3.

Atlanta are getting killed 10-31. Matt Ryan is Atlanta's leading rusher with 16 yards..... Brees's MVP chances have taken a hit though, even though he has thrown 4TDs to 1INT. He can't afford INTs if he's gonna beat Mahomes. Nevertheless, Atlanta's season is basically over. They need to go 5-0 and hope other teams lose some.

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 00:38 Nov23 2018 Post ID: 3446501
Sanzano
+
Looks like Dallas have done the right thing trading their 1st round draft pick for Amari Cooper, the guy picked up 180 yards plus a Touchdown on 8 catches. Elliot couldn?t be contained and when that happens Prescott has a good day. Adrian Peterson has to go, another poor performance where he is averaging 2.6 yards a carry. The Redskins could have won that game if it hadn?t been for poor tackling that allowed Prescott to get a Touchdown late in the game and 3 horrendous interceptions where McCoy literally threw the ball into traffic. I think the Redskins season is over, 3 key injuries on Offense has crippled them. Not sure I want to see Alex Smith return to be honest, I don?t think he?s the guy that will be able to take Redskins places, they need to find a Baker Mayfield in the 2019 draft, a young player with attitude and a big arm who will throw deep every now and again.

Chicago are a team on the rise, could be a contender in a year or two. I?d like to see Drew Brees win his 2nd Super Bowl this year and guarantee himself a place in the Hall of Fame before he retires.

If Amari Cooper has too many games like the one he had last night the Raiders fans are going to get upset with Gruden for trading him away if he can?t replace him with a better player in the draft which is looking the case at the moment. Tradiding away Khali Mack and suddenly seeing how well the Bears are doing must also annoy the Raider fans.

Dallas fans must be delighted with the pick-up of Cooper, I bet they?re already comparing him to Micael Irvin. They?ve got their Emmitt Smith in Elliot but the weak link is Prescott who is no Troy Aikman. The Dallas defense is pretty good, no superstars but solid as a team. I wonder how far they can go? I think they are better than the Bears, Atlanta, and Green Bay. Are they good enough to upset the Vikings and Saints in the playoffs?

« Last edited by Sanzano on Nov 23rd 2018 »

Matt77 Posted: 01:16 Nov23 2018 Post ID: 3446502
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Peterson is struggling because of the o-line injuries. At his age he needs a good o-line to be productive. He's not the reason Washington are struggling. Like you say, those 3 McCoy INTs were costly. Take them out, and Washington easily win that game.

Smith is handy, and while he's not the future of this team, he can help them contend next season. I see this Washington team as very similar to last season's Buffalo. They both had good starts to the season and both had a change at QB which derailed their seasons, only Buffalo put Tyrod Taylor back in and they got lucky and made playoffs. They made it because Taylor threw 4INTs all season long, and they often won the turnover battle. If Washington are going to make it, they can't be throwing 3INTs per game. They were having success when Smith was playing conservatively, but also throwing very few INTs.

I think you'll get your wish with New Orleans. The only teams that can beat them are potentially Kansas City & Chicago. But CHI may not even win enough playoff games to meet them, and KC may do their usual playoff choke and not make the SB. While I'm sure NE will make the SB, Brady has slightly digressed, and the defense isn't strong enough. LA Rams should make the NFC Championship game, but a few weeks ago New Orleans beat them 45-35.

I'd say right now, the playoffs would go as:

Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh
LA Chargers @ Houston

Carolina @ Chicago
Minnesota @ Dallas
---------------------------------------
Indianapolis @ New England
LA Chargers @ Kansas City

Dallas @ New Orleans
Chicago @ LA Rams
LA Chargers @ New England

LA Rams @ New Orleans
New England vs New Orleans

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 12:57 Nov23 2018 Post ID: 3446506
Sanzano
+
New Orleans Saints against the L.A. Rams in the NFC Championship game is your Super Bowl right there. From what I?ve seen you have to say they are the two best teams in the league. I think Mahomes will cause a couple of turnovers in a playoff game and the Chiefs will be eliminated. Either against the Chargers, Steelers or Patriots.

I notice you have Indianapolis beating the Steelers at home, not sure about that one. I think I? d feel happier backing the Steelers due to them being at home and having the playoff experience of big games.

Displaying Page 127 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close