Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 137 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 01:50 Dec31 2018 Post ID: 3447002
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Miami kept it close until it got out of hand in the middle of the third quarter. I admit though it was a big ask of them but with a playoff spot at stake anything can happen.

Chicago are turning out to be an interesting team, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do against Philadelphia next week.

Redskins were pathetic, the only way I can describe their game against Philadelphia

How good are the Colts?

Why didn't the Browns attempt the field goal on 4th down at the 35 yard line with 1 minute 13 seconds left on the clock? Mayfield threw an interception that killed the game... I didn't understand that call, it cost me a game, NFL kickers should be able to kick a 45 yarder no problem.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 04:11 Dec31 2018 Post ID: 3447003
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
It would've been a 53-yarder, but still, that's very gettable. Maybe Cleveland wanted a better draft pick, and wanted Pittsburgh out of playoffs lol.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 05:02 Dec31 2018 Post ID: 3447006
Sanzano
+
Lol, I think you could be right there. Never thought of it like that.

Matt77 Posted: 08:39 Dec31 2018 Post ID: 3447007
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The schedule is out:

Saturday:
Indy @ Houston (late afternoon)
Seattle @ Dallas (night)

Sunday:
LA Chargers @ Baltimore (afternoon)
Philly @ Chicago (late afternoon)

I'll probably change these when I find out injury news & more general info, but I'd say that Indy, Dallas, Baltimore, and Chicago will win. Houston are overrated, and if Indy had taken the tie earlier in the season rather than going for 4th down, Indy would've won the #3 seed. Houston had a golden chance to win a 1st round bye, but the defense was hopeless against Philly. Then a week later the offense falls flat (20 points against the tanking Jaguars). Dallas are 7-1 at home, and should account for an inconsistent Seattle team. Baltimore dominated LA Chargers away from home 2 weeks ago, so I see them doing the same at home this time. Philly are in great form, but Chicago's defense is insane. Seeing as their only home loss this season was a 31-38 loss to New England, I see them getting the job done easily.

Indy 26 Houston 24
Seattle 17 Dallas 24

LA Chargers 19 Baltimore 26
Philly 21 Chicago 28

« Last edited by Matt77 on Dec 31st 2018 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 19:19 Dec31 2018 Post ID: 3447008
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
At this moment, I have the Cowboys, Texans, Chargers, and Bears winning. Seattle is a different team on the road, thus why I'm favoring the Cowboys right now. I can't see the Colts defeating the Texans twice on the road within a month of each other, nor the Ravens defeating the Chargers twice in like three weeks. The Eagles/Bears is tricky since Philly is so hot, but the Bears Defense is holding strong as of late.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Dec 31st 2018 »
Matt77 Posted: 02:48 Jan01 2019 Post ID: 3447011
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Well. That's 25% of all NFL coaches that have been sacked...

That was an odd choice by Miami to fire Gase. I'm not too upset though. He made some awful choices as coach (eg bringing in Cutler) and there have been too many winnable matches that weren't taken. I mean, you just HAVE to beat Detroit and Jacksonville at home, and you HAVE to hang onto a 17-0 lead against the chokers in Cincy. Then put in the 24-14 4th quarter lead against Indy. Injuries did hurt, but Miami just didn't fire when it counted (after reeling in a 0-21 deficit against Minnesota to get back to 17-21, they got outscored 0-20 when the game was up for grabs). This needs to be a total cleanout in preparation for when we hopefully pick a QB in 2020. I had a look at Miami's schedule next season, and I predict a 2-14 season no joke.

Marvin Lewis was FINALLY fired. Now they can actually move on and try something different. Andy Dalton's days are numbered too. They really should do a cleanout like Miami are.

If Denver get a good young QB and a better coach, they're not far from contending. Vance Joseph just doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach yet.

If Tampa Bay get a defense, then any coach will be able to succeed at that club. After all, they have the #1 offense in the NFL. Jamies can stay for another season before they offload him.

I just don't understand Arizona firing their coach after just 1 season. I mean, who could possibly do well as a coach in that team? There's 0 offense, an inconsistent defense, and the worst o-line in the NFL. Several players even backed him to return and sung their praises. Bizarre.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 1st 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 06:45 Jan01 2019 Post ID: 3447012
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I thought we should've given Gase a little more time. We all know Tannehill isn't the future of the franchise, so why not give Gase a chance to get a good QB in 2020 Draft and try to develop the team further from there? Clearly, the ownership and GM believe Tannehill does have what it takes to help us reach the promise land, even though everyone else would disagree. lol

Glad to see Lewis fired. No coach should be a coach as long as he was without winning a playoff game. I know the Bengals will probably regress for a few more years, but it was the right move for the long term.

I never thought Vance Joseph should've been hired as a head coach, so Denver made the right move in finally getting rid of him. Tampa Bay hasn't done anything in three years, getting worse by the year, so I think it was a good move getting rid of Koetter. Unfortunately, they've already said they're moving forward with Winston as the QB. If that continues beyond this next year, whomever they hire as their next head coach is in trouble. As for Wilks, I think he should've been given at least one more year. However, I heard his scheming and play calling was horrible, so maybe it was best to just get rid of him not before he caused anymore damage.
Matt77 Posted: 08:40 Jan01 2019 Post ID: 3447013
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
If that's the case with the ownership, then may the cleanout come quickly. A few weeks ago after Dennis was praising Tannehill's play against NE, I rightly told him not to jump on the bandwagon, and that mediocre performances were not far away. The last 2 weeks featured 0TDs and 2INTs, with at least 1 lost fumble. I've wanted to cling onto the idea that Tannehill can improve, but Miami need to move on. He needs to leave the team. All signs point to Miami drafting Drew Lock in the 1st round (ugh), and Osweiler proved that he can be a decent enough backup for us.

Gase was hot and cold for me. The coaching efforts to take a mediocre Miami squad to the playoffs 2 seasons ago after starting 1-4 was incredible, as was the efforts this season to get us 7 wins, but some of the playcalling was horrendous. You DO NOT give Kenyan Drake ONE CARRY a week after pulling off the Miami Miracle!!! Horrendous! Last season too, the super conservative offense was horrible. There were so few long passes that it was just too easy for opposition Ds.

Jamieis showed at the back end of this season that he is still a starting QB, and I think his form on-field is actually pretty good. Since returning againsy NY Giants, he's thrown 13TDs and 4INTs. It's the off-field that's the concern. If they can somehow sort him out, he should stay as the starter for the long-term. Keep in mind that he has 0 running game to help him out.

One thing that I need to ask. Does this draft's Will Grier have any relation to Miami's GM Chris Grier? I doubt it since if they were it probably would've been mentioned, but if they are, it would be very likely for Miami to take Will in the draft.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 1st 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 14:42 Jan01 2019 Post ID: 3447014
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't know if they are related or not. In other news, QB Jones for Duke declared for the draft. The Gaints are sitting at the #6 Overall Pick, if I'm not mistaken. Could they replace Eli with another QB that was coached by the same college head coach? I think they might (but I believe Eli will still start next year so the kid can learn and develop, if they do).
Matt77 Posted: 19:20 Jan01 2019 Post ID: 3447017
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Overreaching and taking a projected 2nd round QB at #6 is not a good idea. For any team not desperate for a QB, picking in the 2nd or 3rd round is more sensible. There's a reason NY Giants finished 5-11, and they need to fix those reasons. Taking Jones at pick 38 is much more sensible.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 21:25 Jan01 2019 Post ID: 3447018
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
He is going to shoot up the charts. Just wait.
Matt77 Posted: 02:01 Jan02 2019 Post ID: 3447030
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh dear me...

Lonely Master, remember your last prediction? It involved a team finishing no better than 8-8, but who ended up finishing 12-4 and 2nd on most power rankings.

ViolinViolinViolin

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 06:05 Jan02 2019 Post ID: 3447031
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
"There's an argument for Daniel Jones to return to school. He has some issues with his accuracy and mechanics that need to be fixed. I don't think he's ready to start Day 1. However, he has the potential, talent and size to be a top-10 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft..."

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 2nd 2019 »
Matt77 Posted: 09:28 Jan02 2019 Post ID: 3447032
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I just think, that there's little point of NY Giants or Jacksonville to pick Jones if he may take a year to sit. Otherwise, they should just pick a QB in the 2020 class. NY Giants are better off picking a non-QB with their pick 6. Or bait a desperate team like Miami (ugh) or Washington into trading, in preparation for 2020.

We'll see if he ends up being a draft bolter. Until one of your predictions comes true, I shall be holding the CHI 8-8 one over you...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 2nd 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:07 Jan02 2019 Post ID: 3447033
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
They would've been 8-8 if the Lions were 7-9 (like usual), the Vikings were 10-6 (like usual) and the Packers were 11-5 (like usual).

XD
Sanzano Posted: 10:27 Jan02 2019 Post ID: 3447034
Sanzano
+
Where do the Minnesota Vikings go now, they've paid Cousins a fortune hoping to get to the Super Bowl this year and instead they didn't even reach the playoffs. I can't stop laughing when I think about it, those stories coming out of the Minnesota training camp before the season started of Cousins arriving, throwing twelve passes, each one a Touchdown, getting back into his battered van and driving home. What happened when it actually counts? The same thing what happened in Washington, he chokes. I saw an alarming stat the other day I hadn't seen before, Cousins is 3-25 against teams with winning records. I think Minnesota have wasted their money, not that Washington have benefited. The Redskins still think they are going to find another Kirk Cousins in the fourth round of the draft, the chances of that happening are remote, it rarely happens.

Warrior13 Posted: 13:51 Jan02 2019 Post ID: 3447036
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Well, they have no choice but to ride with Cousins. If they release him, they still owe him his remaining 60 Million since it was all guaranteed. No one will trade for him after the season he had, so the Vikings literally have no choice. If they were smart, they would try to sign Adam Gase as their new Offensive Coordinator. It would take a lot of money to persuade not to be a head coach, but he is said to be a QB Whisperer. lol
Matt77 Posted: 21:33 Jan02 2019 Post ID: 3447050
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Lol, Gase is no QB Whisperer. He brought Jay Cutler to our franchise... I will never forget those horrible days... All I know is that I wouldn't want Gase calling the offensive plays at my club again.

In standard games Cousins went pretty well, but as you say Dennis, he chokes in the big time. When I saw that stat it was originally 8-27 against .500 and winning teams, so that 3-25 against just winning teams is damning... Maybe Washington did the right thing. I mean, they should've traded him a year earlier when they could've got SF's pick 2, but if they had kept him it would've set them back years.

It was a horrible decision to pay Cousins $84 million FULLY GUARANTEED. I mean, imagine if Cousins had tore an ACL and other knee ligaments in week 1 and never played again? Contracts like that are stupid. Now they are in a division that (assuming Chicago don't do a Jacksonville) Chicago will dominate for a decade, and that will have Rodgers for a few more years.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if Jacksonville and Pittsburgh will trade Fournette and Brown respectively? The rumour mill is heating up...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 3rd 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 13:47 Jan03 2019 Post ID: 3447052
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Chicago will dominate for the next decade? XD XD XD XD XD

Let's try to remember how quick the so-called Seahawks Dynasty fell apart. lol
Matt77 Posted: 01:49 Jan04 2019 Post ID: 3447055
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Assuming they don't fall flat on their faces next season, who will match them, let alone do better than them next season? Green Bay are a very good chance, but that will be in the short term. Minnesota have shown they are a long way off. Detroit... I don't even need to give an explanation on them. But in the long term, Chicago have a young team with a young QB and an elite defense.

Chicago will not dominate the NFL, but they should be well in control of the NFC North. Rodgers needs help; he can't single handedly lift this team anymore (6-9-1 record proves it). But even if this happens, picture the NFC North in the 2023/24 season. Which team is the most likely to be leading in the long term?

And Warrior, let's try to remember that Seattle are back in the playoffs. If it wasn't for LA Rams, they would be in control of the NFC West. I mean, they even have a slight chance to win the division next season.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Jan 4th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 137 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close