Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 145 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 09:17 Mar04 2019 Post ID: 3447554
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I totally understand what you're saying. Basically what I said is that IF he sorts out his ego/motivation, he has huge potential. If he doesn't, he will do nothing his entire career (which will progress to a backup role). I must admit I forgot about that falling asleep incident you mentioned in another post. That really is terrible. No wonder Arizona are keen on Murray.

Your point about not being a team player is a very good one. It makes me wonder, will he switch back to tennis if his NFL career falls through? He'd have made millions, meaning financially he could start a tennis career. At this year's Australian Open I spotted Rosen in a US player's player box, and at the time I just assumed he was maybe friends with the player. I completely forgot about his history with tennis until now.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 20:17 Mar04 2019 Post ID: 3447555
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Read a report that the Redskins have contacted the Dolphins about Tannehill.

Y'all can have him. XD
Sanzano Posted: 01:29 Mar05 2019 Post ID: 3447557
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Apparently it's just the Dolphins trying to drum up interest for Tannenhill who they are desperate to move on from. Miami have contacted several teams about a possible trade but nobody is interested. The Redskins for starters would not be able to afford Tannenhill, they're wieghed down by the Alex Smith trade which is why Washington will be gunning for a top rookie in the draft.

Please God make me right, I don't want to see Tannenhill in a Redskins uniform...

Matt77 Posted: 09:01 Mar05 2019 Post ID: 3447558
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I'm sorry, but like Warrior I would love to see Tannehill go to Washington (just so he finally leaves us!). Not that I want him to go to Washington specifically, but anywhere will do. I would normally agree with your theory about the salary cap, but remember, this is Washington we are talking about. They are notoriously stupid off the field.

And lol. In week 14 you were a huge fan of Tannehill and what he had been doing. I guess throwing 1 touchdown (was a 4-yard shovel pass) in the last 3 games quelled your enthusiasm. If you are unlucky enough to get him, you're basically getting Alex Smith again. Tannehill was ultra-conservative last season, throwing for 300+ yards 0 times... In fact, in only 3/11 of his starts did he exceed 200 yards... (an average of 180 yards PG)

Clearly his ACL tear and losing Jarvis Landry have hurt his game. Washington have an even worse WR group, so there will be no improvement. In 2016 when he had his standout season, he was much better and averaged 230 yards per game. One thing I will say, is he doesn't throw that many INTs. His career stats are 123 TDs and 75 INTs.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 5th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 Posted: 05:35 Mar06 2019 Post ID: 3447567
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
If Murray goes #1 to the Cards, the Redskins Starting QB next year will be either Tannehill, Rosen, or whichever QB is still available at #15 (or in the second round should all four go before #15). I keep reading that the Redskins won't trade up, not after all they lost in order to get RGIII.
Matt77 Posted: 06:17 Mar06 2019 Post ID: 3447572
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
I just read some seriously damning info about Murray.

"This was the worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback"

"Anyway, leadership -- not good. Study habits -- not good. The board work -- below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas and raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do"

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:53 Mar07 2019 Post ID: 3447578
Sanzano
+
I don't think the Redskins will trade up, like you say Warrior13 it took years to recover from the GriffenIII deal. I think they will take the best available quarterback when their turn comes in the draft. I'm hoping they will start with Colt McCoy while they groom the rookie. I'll be happy with either Herbert or Locke.

Who are Miami seriously looking at, at this stage of the year there's usually a few candidates who are under consideration? Is it definately a quarterback?

Matt77 Posted: 07:38 Mar07 2019 Post ID: 3447582
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Unfortunately Justin Herbert is nominating for next year's draft... And if the latest rumors I've read are saying Miami will have to settle for the 2020 class, Washington are in trouble being 2 picks behind.

I feel like Miami and Washington are definitely going to pick a QB right now, but imo it's the wrong decision. There's at least 3 quality QBs in next year's draft.

It will be interesting, because assuming I am correct, there'll be very few teams needing a QB in 2020. Teams with already competent (C-grade) starting QBs may be lured into starting over in search of a B-grader instead. Denver will probably be a lock, but teams like Cincy, Tampa Bay, and even Tennessee may have a go at the draft. Jacksonville are always an option if Foles is a bust, but that would result in a lot of dead money.

If Miami and Washington are patient, they would nab a very capable prospect in 2020. Miami will probably be the worst team in the NFL come the end of the draft, meaning they'll finish 2019/20 with less than 6 wins. Washington will be stuck in the competitive NFC East (and the NFC in general) and will be in a similar scenario as Miami.

Off topic, but I have a bad feeling that if Miami don't select a QB now, they will sign Blake Bortles...

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 7th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:45 Mar07 2019 Post ID: 3447584
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
We are tanking this year, so Bortles would be fine. XD
Warrior13 Posted: 17:35 Mar07 2019 Post ID: 3447586
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Enjoy Case Keenum, Dennis. ;)
Matt77 Posted: 22:59 Mar07 2019 Post ID: 3447589
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Oh dear...

Antonio Brown is unofficially going to Buffalo... And if you think that's bad, remember that NY Jets are a candidate to take LeVeon Bell... Combine that with New England receiving three 3rd round picks for free, and it spells 0-6 in the division and 3-13 overall for Miami...

And Dennis, the NFL can't leave you out of the pain and suffering either. Keenum has been acquired, and while it cost nothing, it means Colt McCoy will be waived at the end of his contract and will probably play 0 games in 2019. If Washington draft a QB, it means McCoy will probably be waived immediately.

Fun Fact: This means that Cousins and Keenum essentially swapped teams.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 7th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Sanzano Posted: 01:33 Mar08 2019 Post ID: 3447590
Sanzano
+
Case Keenum, that's an interesting move. The way I look at that is he is going to battle Colt McCoy in training camp for the starting position this year while in the draft they pick the best available quarterback to groom and then maybe not draft a quarterback at all and wait for next year where there are better options as the team will not go better than 4-12 and have a high draft pick. I think this year the Redskins will go Wide Reciever.

Although Case Keenum may not be the most talented quarterback ever he is popular in the locker room and when you have players that want to play for their quarterback they can achieve great things. Keenum took the Vikings to the NFC Championship a couple of years ago yet Cousins a much better passer didn't get a sniff of the Super Bowl.

So Miami have Bortals, I think I prefer Keenum. At least both teams don't have Tannenhill starting for them.

Matt77 Posted: 11:30 Mar08 2019 Post ID: 3447593
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Luckily my thing on Bortles was just a hunch. I was just looking at the worst-case scenario. For sure now it's between Miami, NY Giants, and Jacksonville as to who will get Rosen. The Miami management would have to be complete idiots to pass up this opportunity.

I hope for your sake Washington go WR in the 1st round, but it wouldn't surprise me if they pick a position that they are already well stocked in like o-line.

What you say is interesting. Keenum is 1-1 in the playoffs. Cousins is 0-1. Yet Keenum got ditched by 2 teams and Cousins got paid tens of millions Eh

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:31 Mar08 2019 Post ID: 3447594
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Brown will not be going to Buffalo. Bills GM says it just didnt work for both sides, but it is being rumored that Brown threatened to retire if sent to Buffalo.
Matt77 Posted: 03:02 Mar09 2019 Post ID: 3447597
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Yep. What a sad state of affairs.

It is now 95% certain that Brown is a selfish diva and a sook. I bet he was horrified when they told him he was going to Buffalo, and like those rumors say, threatened to retire. In fact, there's a decent possibility that he never plays again anyway. Did you see/read any of his interview? From what I read, he's completely lost the motivation to play.

This has surely hurt Brown's trade value too. Teams will look at this and start speculating and believing the rumors. If Pittsburgh manage to get a 1st round pick, it will be minimum after #20. But now I'd say Pittsburgh would just want to get something, and will be comfortable receiving a 2nd round pick. After all, if teams were sure Brown had no attitude issues, he would've been snapped up by a team 2 weeks ago.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 12:02 Mar09 2019 Post ID: 3447599
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I guess it all depends what Buffalo was planning on giving the Steelers in return. I can't imagine it was the #9 Overall Pick, as that makes zero sense whatsoever. If it was their 2nd Round Pick, then you would have to imagine another team will give the same. But who knows, especially since his value continues to drop every time he opens his mouth.
Matt77 Posted: 22:39 Mar09 2019 Post ID: 3447616
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
his value continues to drop every time he opens his mouth.

If you're right (which I think you are), then he'll be traded for a future 7th round pick by the time this is all over. He can't shut up.

ViolinViolinViolin

Matt77 Posted: 04:57 Mar10 2019 Post ID: 3447617
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
...and Brown is off to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick.

What a score for Oakland. No matter whether Brown acts out, Oakland basically got him for free (lets face it, a 3rd round pick lost matters very little).

Also interesting: Oakland have lots of cap space. Oakland are in need of a RB. LeVeon Bell is in need of a job. Brown only cost $50 million over 3 years.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Mar 10th 2019 »

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 09:39 Mar10 2019 Post ID: 3447618
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
The Raiders got a heck of deal in regards to the trade. But, then again, Brown continuously kept bringing down his own value. I'm not too crazy about the contract, but at least Brown is still in his prime and should be for the duration of it.

I don't know if the Raiders could get Bell though. There are rumors that he wants 2-years / 50 Million. Outrageous.
Matt77 Posted: 12:13 Mar10 2019 Post ID: 3447619
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
It may be pushing it, but maybe Bell will get desperate and need a club so he chooses one with his former teammate Brown. I think he'll go somewhere else, but I didn't envision Brown choosing the 4-12 Raiders as his new club, so who knows...

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 145 of 461
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | ... | 459 | 460 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close